2021 Valentine's Day Speculation Banner Thread

King Marth 64

Since February is coming up, we are definitely getting a Valentine's Day banner soon since we got on one year after the launch of Fire Emblem Heroes. I pretty much know that we currently had three Valentine's Day banners such as Elibe, Tellius, and Valentia got in through the years. So what continent and characters do you think they might show up for this year's Valentine's Day Banner?

I would maybe pick the characters from Fódlan (Three Houses) or maybe Magvel (The Sacred Stones) instead as the possible 2021 Valentine's Day Banner:

Here's my thoughts on the Fódlan side:

1. Male Byleth and Edelgard Duo Hero (since Female Byleth did paired with Rhea in of the two Summer Banners from last year)
  2. Dimitri
  3. Claude
  4. Jeralt (Father)
  5. Yuri, Flayn, or Linhardt (As a Tempest Trial Hero)

Here's my thoughts on the Magvel side:

1. Eirika and Innes Duo Hero (since her brother, Emphriam had already paired with Lyon in The Sacred Stones Mercenraies Banner)
  2. Emphriam
  3. Fado (Father)
  4. Garcia or Franz
  5. Tana or Artur (As a Tempest Trial Hero)

Edit: I forgot that all the three Valentine's Day Banners had fathers involved to join in.

Edited by King Marth 64

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the pattern of the Valentine banners persist, we're definitely getting another "father(s), their/his child(ren), and close friends" set involved.

So if they use Fodlan, definitely expect Jeralt, for example.

Really want a Judgral themed Valentine with Leif-Nanna duo hero while the rest are Finn, Edain (Demote), Lex and Azelle (TT+).

Finn is already the father figure of Leif and Nanna as he's the one raising both and it'll be a pretty neat story with them giving Finn a valentine present.

Meanwhile...Lex is teasing Azelle about giving a present to Edain.

Probably a TH banner, but I'm not expecting a Edelgard alt unless Dimitri is also involved. Since it's been familial themed I guess we'll get duo male Byleth/Sothis, Jeralt, Flayn, Seteth and Mercedes. Other candidates are Annette, Gilbert and Jeritza.

Could also be an Awakening banner since it's been a long time. Similar theme of familial love so probs duo Lucina/Chrom, Lissa, Emmeryn, Sumia and Cynthia. Those are just off the top of my head.

The current Wrath banner may or may not be teasing which game the upcoming Valentine banner is based on. It depends on whether or not anyone on the Wrath banner is also a bonus unit on the upcoming TT+ accompanying the Valentine banner, explaining the lack of an actual TT+ banner. If it is a tease, then I'd suspect we're either getting Three Houses or Genealogy of the Holy War. Most likely Three Houses. If that's the case, I'd expect something like this:

1. Male Byleth + Jeralt Duo
  2. Seteth
  3. Flayn
  4. Sothis/Rhea/other female/???
  5. Alois (TT+)

So far, every Valentine banner has had a parent/child theme (Eliwood and Hector with Roy and Lilina, Ike and Mist with Greil, Alm with Rudolph), with a friend or two tagging along. This feels like a very fitting set of characters for such a theme in Three Houses.

We'll know more when the silhouettes drop, but yeah, Valentine's is one I really like since it accents close relationships and not just romantic ones. If it wasn't for the last dancer-themed banner, I'd stick to my guns on an FE4 one, featuring Diedre awkwardly being confused with conflicting memories or amnesia, and Sigurd and Arvis trying to one up each other for her attention (this would be especially hilarious if they were a duo hero) while the kids (Seliph, Julia, and Julius) are just trying to show their mom a good Day of Devotion (kind of. Julius is more being dragged along, I think) and she winds up being a lot happier with them than their dads. (Banner: Sigurd+Arvis duo, Seliph, Julia, Julius. TT: Diedre.)

Again, if not for the last dancer banner, I could totally see a FE5 one featuring Finn with Quan and Ethlyn showing their gratitude for him taking care of their son. Leif and Nanna would also be a part of this. Poor Finn would be so flustered! XD But I think that if they go FE5, it may be more likely to center on Altena trying to reconcile how to show appreciation/get along with her biological family, and her adoptive father and brother.

If it's 3H, then it may center on Flayn trying to have a happy Day of Devotion with her whole family. (This is inspired by something she says to Byleth in 3H after the hair color change. "It's almost like you're a part of the family!" or something like that.) So, that would be...spoilers. But for sure Byleth, Flayn, and Seteth. However there's a lot of family ties stuff in 3H, so it may go another route, like bringing in Rodrigue or even Miklan. (Miklan would be hecka bittersweet and I think he'd make a better fallen hero, honestly.) If they go with Jeralt, then they'll probably bring in Alois, Byleth, and Leonie. There are a LOT of ways to slice this. I also wouldn't say no to bringing in the previous king of Faerghus. Maybe even some combination there, since Rodrigue was a good friend, and of course there's Gilbert, which means Anette... That would be very Blue Lions, though.

Anyway, another possibility that they could tap (but probably won't) is the Goldoan royal family. They already kind of hinted at Dheginsea's kids with the last Halloween banner, but they already brought the king in, and I don't think they'll give him another alt that soon. (This would have been good for including [spoilers], but they're kind of all split up into different banners now.)

Spoiler

Dheginsea, Kurthnaga, Raijaion (ugh, spelling), Almedha, Ena, Nasir, and Soren. Mayyybe Pelleas?

They could go Fates again. True, the most obvious route would be royals again, but I don't think that would be all that bad, especially if it's featuring Sumeragi. He's not in the game yet, and seeing him with his wife and children would be really sweet. There's also younger Garon to consider. He used to be a nice guy, so it'd be neat to see him as how he once was.

Awakening is also a possibility, featuring rather obvious picks: Emmeryn, Chrom, Lissa, Lucina, and Owain. If Lucina is a duo unit with her cousin, then that's enough for a banner + a TT unit. I can think of several reasons why they'd be happy to enjoy a Day of Devotion together. Owain and Lucina would be living in peaceful times (instead of the Ruin Timeline), Chrom and Lissa get to enjoy their sister, and Emmeryn gets to enjoy everyone. Seems like it falls perfectly into this theme.

25 minutes ago, Mercakete said:
  Hide contents

Dheginsea, Kurthnaga, Raijaion (ugh, spelling), Almedha, Ena, Nasir, and Soren. Mayyybe Pelleas?

They could go Fates again. True, the most obvious route would be royals again, but I don't think that would be all that bad, especially if it's featuring Sumeragi. He's not in the game yet, and seeing him with his wife and children would be really sweet. There's also younger Garon to consider. He used to be a nice guy, so it'd be neat to see him as how he once was.

Awakening is also a possibility, featuring rather obvious picks: Emmeryn, Chrom, Lissa, Lucina, and Owain. If Lucina is a duo unit with her cousin, then that's enough for a banner + a TT unit. I can think of several reasons why they'd be happy to enjoy a Day of Devotion together. Owain and Lucina would be living in peaceful times (instead of the Ruin Timeline), Chrom and Lissa get to enjoy their sister, and Emmeryn gets to enjoy everyone. Seems like it falls perfectly into this theme.

Problem with that. Lucina was already part of the Duo Hero for Mia during at one of the Summer Banners in 2020. I do think a Duo Hero for Chrom for the Awakening Theme of the Valentine's Day Banner would work instead since I think Lucina was the only Awakening character that was part of the Duo Hero line up. Also, I think the only father of the main protagonist might show up in the Awakening Valentine's Day Banner has to be Validar, the father of Robin, (or Chrom if the Awakening Valentine's Day Banner features Awakening Kids) since we have no knowledge of what Chrom's father looks like.

Edited by King Marth 64

10 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

Problem with that. Lucina was already part of the Duo Hero for Mia during at one of the Summer Banners in 2020. I do think a Duo Hero for Chrom for the Awakening Theme of the Valentine's Day Banner would work instead since I think Lucina was the only Awakening character that was part of the Duo Hero line up. Aslo, I think the only father of the main protagonist might show up in the Awakening Valentine's Day Banner has to be Validar, the father of Robin, (or Chrom if the Awakening Valentine's Day Banner features Awakening Kids) since we have no knowledge of what Chrom's father looks like.

There's no problem since it doesn't specifically have to be parents (and even then, Chrom is the father of Lucina, so it's okay. Also Lissa being Owain's mom.) Second, Lucina has not been a part of a duo hero yet. Masked Marth (technically a different character.) Third, even then, she was part of a harmonized unit, not a duo unit.

34 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Awakening is also a possibility, featuring rather obvious picks: Emmeryn, Chrom, Lissa, Lucina, and Owain. If Lucina is a duo unit with her cousin, then that's enough for a banner + a TT unit.

This pretty much what I'm hoping for this years Valentine's. Although, instead of a Lucina duo, since she was already part of something with Mia (and yes I know it's technically different but still), I'd much rather something like Owain/Lissa duo, Lissa/Emmeryn, Chrom/Emmeryn, or maybe even Owain/Chrom since they don't get the chance to interact much with each other despite being Uncle and Nephew.

Edited by NegativeExponents-

1 minute ago, NegativeExponents- said:

This pretty much what I'm hoping for this years Valentine's. Although, instead of a Lucina duo, since was already part of something with Mia (and yes I know it's technically different but still), I'd much rather something like Owain/Lissa duo, Lissa/Emmeryn, Chrom/Emmeryn, or maybe even Owain/Chrom since they don't get the chance to interact much with each other despite being Uncle and Nephew.

I thought of that, but none of them really have that thing in common like Lucina and Owain do. It feels awkward (2/3 of the siblings as a duo, leaving someone out, or an aunt/uncle with a nephew/niece, again, leaving like pairs out) or "done" (Lucina/Chrom and Lissa/Owain have been rather explored already) otherwise. Masked Marth, I believe, is a different enough focus to make the interactions noticeably different from how Lucina would handle them as herself. Masked Marth is basically "all business" Lucina, while Lucina as herself has a much more awkward and vulnerable side to her. Lucina also tends to be more family-focused than Masked Marth, who's more about the fate of the world.

why are we even expecting it'll be a 3H banner? i mean 3H already got plenty of units/banners lately

anyway, i hope it doesn't feature any unit i might be interested in, i must start saving orbs for when Seiros returns

5 minutes ago, Yexin said:

why are we even expecting it'll be a 3H banner? i mean 3H already got plenty of units/banners lately

anyway, i hope it doesn't feature any unit i might be interested in, i must start saving orbs for when Seiros returns

Just guessing which game is the likeliest with a lord's family since previous Valentine's have more or less been lord's family+friends

2 hours ago, Yexin said:

3H has been getting a lot of attention, but it still has plenty of catching up to do.

I like how they've been handling it lately, giving it a couple of slots on a variety of seasonal banners.

Three Houses, Sacred Stones, Genealogy or Heroes seems like the most likely candidates for this year's Valentine's banner to me. Hopefully they skip the silhouettes and all the units gets revealed in the anniversary Feh Channel.

Edited by NSSKG151

If it were a TH banner, I would make the stars be a Duo Hero of Young Dimitri and Edelgard. The two of them dancing together with the little dagger that Dimitri gave her, in a time before strife ripped them apart. Ahh, young love. 😍 That, or Jeralt & Sitri.

Alley-Oop! — Dimitri and mental illness **Warnings for Blue...

M Byleth + Seteth Duo

Jeralt (premium kit)

Annette (Inheritable weapon 5*)

Demote Leonie

TT+ Gilbert

I say this because this is probably Gilbert's only chance at getting into the game lol

--

But, I really don't want a TH banner. I am only speculating this because, well, I have been thinking TH would get it the moment F Byleth continued the "Female Avatar gets a Summer alt while the Male Avatar gets a winter holiday alt" trend lol. Corrin got NY, Robin got Xmas, Kris got... Plegian lol (I expect F Kris for the summer) and now M Byleth is left.

I would totally prefer / be down for any other game, preferably a mixed group. The father and their children concept is also cute, but I wouldn't mind moving on...

8 hours ago, NSSKG151 said:

Three Houses, Sacred Stones, Genealogy or Heroes seems like the most likely candidates for this year's Valentine's banner to me. Hopefully they skip the silhouettes and all the units gets revealed in the anniversary Feh Channel.

I was just thinking Genealogy/Thracia could be a thing with Seliph, Leif, Nanna, Julia, Ares, and who ever else (I'm not too familiar with the games). I was expecting 3 houses a few weeks ago, but Sitri not being in CYL makes me think otherwise.

2 hours ago, LoneStar said:

I was just thinking Genealogy/Thracia could be a thing with Seliph, Leif, Nanna, Julia, Ares, and who ever else (I'm not too familiar with the games). I was expecting 3 houses a few weeks ago, but Sitri not being in CYL makes me think otherwise.

I have no idea who Sitri is unless I wasn't paying attention to something in Three Houses or she was a character who showed up in the DLC that I never bought but I think a Three Houses Valentines could still happen with some combination of M!Byleth, Jeralt, Leonie, Alois, Sothis and Rhea.

As for other games I see a Sacred Stones Valentines having Eirika, Ephraim, Fado and some of their royals friends like Tana and Innes, Heroes would at least have Alfonse, Sharena, Gustav and Henriette and from Genealogy I haven't played them but I do know that just about anyone would work since that game had the marriage system.

10 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

I have no idea who Sitri is unless I wasn't paying attention to something in Three Houses or she was a character who showed up in the DLC that I never bought but I think a Three Houses Valentines could still happen with some combination of M!Byleth, Jeralt, Leonie, Alois, Sothis and Rhea.

As for other games I see a Sacred Stones Valentines having Eirika, Ephraim, Fado and some of their royals friends like Tana and Innes, Heroes would at least have Alfonse, Sharena, Gustav and Henriette and from Genealogy I haven't played them but I do know that just about anyone would work since that game had the marriage system.

Sitri is Byleth's mother.

28 minutes ago, Othin said:

Sitri is Byleth's mother.

@NSSKG151

And that name (along with what she looked like) only comes up in Cindered Shadows, so that would be why you didn't know that name.

Otherwise, I believe she is mentioned a couple of times in the main game but never by the name Sitri (her name does show up on her grave if you completed Cindered Shadows though).

On 1/31/2021 at 3:23 AM, Etrurian emperor said:

I'm expecting Camus and Tatiana with maybe a certain woman stalking the two.

Not likely when last year already had Valentian characters, but if they're willing to break the dead dads streak I can see a banner built around that woman... even if she'll probably be a Duo backpack.