2021 Valentine's Day Speculation Banner Thread

King Marth 64

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, X-Naut said:

Not likely when last year already had Valentian characters, but if they're willing to break the dead dads streak I can see a banner built around that woman... even if she'll probably be a Duo backpack.

I'm not sure that's entirely relevant. Didn't the bridal banner have a heavy Tellius focus two times in a row?

9 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I'm not sure that's entirely relevant. Didn't the bridal banner have a heavy Tellius focus two times in a row?

2020 brides was 4/6 Tellius, 2019 brides was 2/5 Tellius. So it depends on how you define "heavy".

17 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

The only year that theme didn’t have a Tellius character was 2017. We’ve had Sanaki in 2018, Sigrun and Tanith in 2019, and a Micaiah/Sothe duo, Nailah and Rafiel in 2020. 

Oh, and the dialogue in last year’s paralogue was heavily teasing the idea of Leanne being next so I suppose we should pencil in a Naesala/Leanne duo for this year.

Though, if they actually do that then it would one of the best opportunities to drop Nealuchi into the game.

Edited by Tybrosion

10 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Oh, and the dialogue in last year’s paralogue was heavily teasing the idea of Leanne being next so I suppose we should pencil in a Naesala/Leanne duo for this year.

Though, if they actually do that then it would one of the best opportunities to drop Nealuchi into the game.

I.....could very much live with that!

Just like how we got a Bridal Anna alt that totally resulted from the first Bridal banner where she caught the bouquet, right?

I guess 3H would be a reasonable guess, although I'm mostly going on the assumption that m!Byleth will get a seasonal alt soon. The current trend is that female avatars get an alt in the summer (f!Kris being the only outlier right now) while male avatars get something in the winter months (Robin, Corrin, and even m!Kris, although all of them have represented different seasonal banners). But if the banner isn't 3H, maybe Genealogy/Thracia?

So, is this also the discussion thread for the new Valentine's units? If so, I guess I can express here.

Basically, I'm really excited about this one! Finally, Henriette and Gustav get into the game! And Lif and Thrasir as a duo unit is great! It's interesting how they're using the festival garb to try to hide their ballistics gel parts. I wonder how Alfose and Veronica will interact with Lif and Thrasir...

That said, it's a bit sad that Sharena and Bruno are missing, just like how Micaiah was missing from the latest Christmas banner. At least for this one, I understand. It's a book 3 seasonal, and this way Gustav and Henriette get to be included, and Lif and Thrasir get to hang out with Alfonse and Veronica. Basically, there wasn't room for Sharena and Bruno. Still, Veronica specifically mentions that she has stuff for Bruno (and Xander, but he's not family) so it's kind of sad that he's left out (makes for less interaction availability for Thrasir and Veronica. I don't think Sharena would have contributed anything special, in contrast to this.) What would be fun is, if down the line, Sharena and Bruno get to be a duo unit. Maybe next year they'll be included (duo or not), sort of like how we got the bunny peg sisters, or the new years beasts, so the story will still involve them that way. That'd be nice. But, the important ones here are the Askr parents, Lif, Thrasir, Alfonse, and Veronica, so I think IS made the right call here.

I want all of them! XD But my orbs are soooo low. I'll be lucky if I manage to get the demote! Really hoping to snag that Valentine's Lif + Thrasir! I'll be aiming for them!

44 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

I want all of them! XD But my orbs are soooo low. I'll be lucky if I manage to get the demote! Really hoping to snag that Valentine's Lif + Thrasir! I'll be aiming for them!

One thing that may help you is that it's only Green and Red Heroes. So maybe you will get lucky with your tickets.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

Just now, Diovani Bressan said:

One thing that may help you is that it's only Green and Red Heroes. So maybe you will get lucky with your tickets.

Indeed! I didn't notice that they were green and red only. I guess that'll become clearer when the banner's official introduction vid drops.

10 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Huh, I hadn't noticed that Henriette was red, I'd been thinking she was blue. That's interesting... makes it even more tempting at a time when I'll want to save back up though, lol. But I'll figure out something.

Wonder if she's an armor, like Alfonse, to continue building up our tome armor lineup.

10 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Indeed! I didn't notice that they were green and red only. I guess that'll become clearer when the banner's official introduction vid drops.

Yeah. I may summon all green and red orbs. Since we will get 5 tickets, that means 6 circles for me.

About Veronica, I wish she was Red.

So with both Lif and Tracier, as well as them sharing a valentine banner together it seems IS is pushing Alfonse x Veronica a bit. 

Makes sense but the age difference is a little steep. Alfonse is a teenager somewhere in the range of 18 while Veronica....is not. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

Well I can thankfully skip this banner for the most part since Alfonse is the only one I kind of want and he is the 4* option I hope he will come with the tickets.  I am going to save every orb I can get for that VG banner at the end of the month because the likely hood of it being all units I want, but don't have is pretty high.  

5 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

So with both Lif and Tracier, as well as them sharing a valentine banner together it seems IS is pushing Alfonse x Veronica a bit. 

Makes sense but the age difference is a little steep. Alfonse is a teenager somewhere in the range of 18 while Veronica....is not. 

I think he's around Marth's age which is 16 if not a bit younger. She's 13 (according to official sources) and they're in different age groups for their ages so kinda weird. If they were a little older then it'd be less awkward, but you'd still have her being under 18. Even if she was close to 18 (like 17 for example), the 3 year age gap is a divisive topic for many people because she's close in age despite being 18. Still, I'd rather we not ship them to avoid shitstorms.

I'd like to think of it as just them being friends in this time of year. Learning from their other selves that they can indeed get along.

Edited by redlight

Looking at Duo Líf's C skill from the trailer... looks like the icon that is usually used for healing effect, in a background used in smoke skills.

Can this be a Smoke Skill that inflict a status effect that prevent foes from getting healed by AoE healing skills/structures, like Healing Tower, Renewal or Heron Wing?

It's not a prf skill, for sure, because looks to have the gold borders Tier 3 skills have.

53 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Looking at Duo Líf's C skill from the trailer... looks like the icon that is usually used for healing effect, in a background used in smoke skills.

Can this be a Smoke Skill that inflict a status effect that prevent foes from getting healed by AoE healing skills/structures, like Healing Tower, Renewal or Heron Wing?

It's not a prf skill, for sure, because looks to have the gold borders Tier 3 skills have.

Huh, yeah, I'd assumed it was a prf but it isn't.

It does look like a Smoke skill, but we see post-battle damage, yet no effect on the enemy flier in smoke range.

Wonder what their duo skill will do.

2 hours ago, redlight said:

I think he's around Marth's age which is 16 if not a bit younger. She's 13 (according to official sources) and they're in different age groups for their ages so kinda weird. If they were a little older then it'd be less awkward, but you'd still have her being under 18. Even if she was close to 18 (like 17 for example), the 3 year age gap is a divisive topic for many people because she's close in age despite being 18. Still, I'd rather we not ship them to avoid shitstorms.

Its also a bit about Veronica's behavior. Even if in the ground scheme of things they aren't that far apart Veronica still acts like a child with her spoiled behavior, innocence and stuffed dolls. 

I doubt Alfonse would be any younger than 16 since there's also Sharena to consider. She's the younger sister but she's clearly older and more grown up than Veronica is. So if Veronica is 13 then given her bigger size Sharena should be at least 15 which requires Alfonse to be older than that. 

2 hours ago, Othin said:

Huh, yeah, I'd assumed it was a prf but it isn't.

It does look like a Smoke skill, but we see post-battle damage, yet no effect on the enemy flier in smoke range.

Wonder what their duo skill will do.

Their duo skill looked like debuff and a fixed damage -- so Lif and Thrasir's weapon effects put together.

Something about Alfonse and Veronica's ages, eh? I don't think they're that far apart age-wise, and even if you ship them, it doesn't necessarily mean that they'll get together anytime soon. You can have a crush for years before it turns into anything. And really, if they do wind up together, it likely won't be until both of them are older anyway.

Hmm... I was right about the Fatal Smoke's description. That will be an interesting, and annoying, skill.

20 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Something about Alfonse and Veronica's ages, eh? I don't think they're that far apart age-wise, and even if you ship them, it doesn't necessarily mean that they'll get together anytime soon. You can have a crush for years before it turns into anything. And really, if they do wind up together, it likely won't be until both of them are older anyway.

Yeah.

And another thing that influenced us to see a ship between Líf and Thrasir, their alternative older versions, is that Thrasir only have Líf, and vice versa. Once enemies, now became the only real ally each other can have. When everyone but them died in their world, they were the only one there to confort each other. All that experience made them develop a strong bond, which is common that it could evolve into something else.

For the Alfonse and Veronica we know... I don't see anything so far that could give us a hint. Or at least I don't remember anything related. So maybe, because the way their world is, a relationship between Alfonse and Veronica may not be a thing.

To be fair, for me, it's very convenient that all that "I hear voices that tells me to kill" stuff suddently disappeated. Like, it's not even mentioned in previous Books. We all know that Bruno is searching for something to help that, but he's been searching for a cure for Veronica's problem... that didn't appeared since Book 1. It's kinda looks like Veronica already is cured.