"Love Reincarnate", an original metal song inspired by Rhajat's reincarnation

ZekeNigma

Hello, everyone! I am in a band called Grimleal, which makes symphonic black/melodic death metal that is inspired by and about Fire Emblem. We dropped a new single back in late December called "Love Reincarnate", which is the first song in the Time-Surpassing Fate trilogy (named after our upcoming EP), and is based on Rhajat's reincarnation. There is some Japanese folk elements in the song, which is intended to evoke the aesthetics of Hoshido, and because it was also inspired by Fates' soundtrack. There’s also a slight gothic metal influence, in the vein of Cradle of Filth’s Dusk and Her Embrace era, so if you're a fan of that band and that album, you may enjoy this one a lot.

Anyways, if any of the above happens to pique your interest in any way, feel free to give it a listen and leave any comments/criticisms!

(P.S. There's plenty of references to Rhajat's dialogue in the lyrics, can you spot them all?)

14 hours ago, ZekeNigma said:

There’s also a slight gothic metal influence, in the vein of Cradle of Filth’s Dusk and Her Embrace era

I'd say that the Cradle of Filth influence is pretty heavy. In times that I don't hear it, I hear Gothenburg death metal riffs (At the Gates, Haunted, etc), which are okay in their place, but the experience is a bit jarring. Vocals are a bit low in the mix too, which does your female vox a disservice.

21 hours ago, Karimlan said:

I'd say that the Cradle of Filth influence is pretty heavy. In times that I don't hear it, I hear Gothenburg death metal riffs (At the Gates, Haunted, etc), which are okay in their place, but the experience is a bit jarring. Vocals are a bit low in the mix too, which does your female vox a disservice.

Okay, to be fair, I was listening to a lot of Cradle of Filth when I was writing this one, so that might be why, ha ha. I did say that this is symphoblack and melodeath, so I'm glad to hear that my Gothenburg influences are showing. You're also not the first person to tell me that the vocals are a bit low in the mix, so I should turn them up a tiny bit at this point. Hopefully, I can get the mixing better on the EP version. But anyways, thanks for your comments, and I love your signature!

Edited by ZekeNigma
Typo

• 3 weeks later...

Pretty sure nobody's following this thread, but whatever, this is part 2 of the Time-Surpassing Fate trilogy, and is a continuation of the story from "Love Reincarnate". Even after she dies in battle, Rhajat still follows Corrin, becoming a vengeful ghost that protects them from their foes. This song will appear on the upcoming Time-Surpassing Fate EP, which is releasing on March 10th.

Y'know, it's funny how two lines of dialogue, namely "I'll watch you like a hawk on a mouse. Forever and ever—until one of us is no more. And maybe then some." from Rhajat, and "Don’t worry. I’ll be with you always. ...Even if it’s as a vengeful ghost." from Tharja, are what ended up inspiring this song. I dunno, I just thought exploring that concept a little with "Transcen-dead" would be a cool idea, considering that death is the natural next step before the eventual rebirth and reincarnation.

• 3 weeks later...

And here's Part III, which is based on Robin and Tharja's support conversations! Unlike the other two, this one has more middle eastern folk influences, similar to the bands Melechesh and Orphaned Land. It's a pretty lengthy song (over eight minutes long) with quite a buildup, so be prepared to be taken on a journey through Plegian deserts when you listen to this song.

Anyways, this is a part of the Time-Surpassing Fate EP, which my band has recently released today, and you can listen to it in full here: