FEH Channel

Sunwoo

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not care too much about the male side of CYL, but it is nice to see Gatekeeper get first place! That is pretty exciting! I believe he is the first NPC to win.

This... was actually really good. They found a way to demote the Gen 1 and 2 5* units and actually make it look good.

A banner with three Male units and one Female Unit? And another Female character is the Freebie? What strange dimension is this?

Summoner is canonically the most OP Fire Emblem character ever. Can copy anything and everything? Sure, why not.

Wow, Marth and Eirika almost lost. I seriously wonder what would have happened if they have both been pushed down to 3rd. That could have ended badly.

I'm very, VERY happy that Marth and Eirika finally won CYL, even if they're 2nd place. I'm...not really thrilled about Gatekeeper? I know some people have expressed genuine fondness of the character, but you absolutely can NOT tell me that memes didn't win here. 72,000+ votes? Nah, most of that is definitely people voting for memes. But, eh, whatever, the people got what they wanted.

I'm not happy about the Valentine banner at all. First of all, it shouldn't be themed on Heroes. Secondly, I guess Sharena and Anna don't exist anymore? The Duo unit should have been the two parents. I'll just wait for next year where we'll hopefully get something like Archanea or Awakening.

Very excited to see the new skills those first eight Legendary units all get!

The new way summoning works with that 4-star special thing looks like it might be even harder to get those older units now. I don't really know what to think, I'll have to see it in practice.

Got Shinon, Petrine, Shamir, CUSTOMIZABLE SUMMONER that i totally called incoming YESSSS, and a boatload of those rewards?! damn I'm well fed.

Lif/Thrasir being duos actually got a chuckle out of me, that's cute. :D

The rest is a shrug emoji but for my first anniversary, I'm satisfied. ^w^

Alright, this was a mixed bag for me so I'll separate the good, the meh and the bad. 

The good: 

• Practically Gen 1 and 2 units are finally demoted (in a kinda weird way, but still). Everyone has been praying for this since forever and that's awesome, and the contrived stuff is that they're still 5* units but don't affect pity rates so it's just saving feathers in practice. Guess a downside is that the general pool will be more bloated, but hey at least now we'll be able to get some new +10 units without having to dedicate orbs to rerun banners. 
  • It's kinda old news, but the Forma soul is incredible and is basically 1 unit with a premium skillset for free. Forma Souls don't expire so you can always save it for the time a favorite of yours appears in a HoF. 
  • Old Legendary units buffs and shoving them into a different banner is also a great thing. New Skills to grant them a niche and make them more enticing, and shoving them to not make certain colors undesirable on main Legendary/Mythic banners. It's a win/win in my book, but I think that banner will have spooks so it's not perfect. 

The meh:

• For me it's more on the good side, but My Summoner is certainly going to be a mixed bag. How good the summoner is depends on how good your barracks is, and having a free Colorless Tome with easy access to superb skillsets is a win for me but for those that hate avatars and OCs this is going to generate some salt. I'm 100% the summoner won't be able to be merged just like the Askr trio, so don't expect to make them Arena viable or anything of the sort. I'm kinda worried they'll be just for Mjolnir's Strike, hope that's not the case. 
  • Orbs, TT+, Log-in bonuses, free Seasonal. Same old, same old. 
  • New Seasonal banner. Will talk more about it on the respective thread, but these things are always a mixed bag.

The bad:

• I'm so F'ing salty about CYL...haaaah. I'll leave it at that, I'm really pissed about it so I won't dwell on it that much. 

4 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I'm very, VERY happy that Marth and Eirika finally won CYL, even if they're 2nd place. I'm...not really thrilled about Gatekeeper? I know some people have expressed genuine fondness of the character, but you absolutely can NOT tell me that memes didn't win here. 72,000+ votes? Nah, most of that is definitely people voting for memes. But, eh, whatever, the people got what they wanted.

Well, since all you needed was a Nintendo account to vote, it's completely possible that people who didn't even play Heroes at all/anymore but were 3H fans who liked the Gatekeeper meme decided to dog pile on it once they saw he had a chance. It might also be the case for Marianne too, maybe. Although that's all I'm going to say about CYL because ... yeah.

So, aside from that, I'm ecstatic about getting trait fruits as part of the anniversary and that they're finally doing something with all the old 5-stars. I am more annoyed than I should be about the summoner though. This game needs less pandering to the player, not more. EDIT: Actually I am pretty mad about making the summoner playable (well, as mad as I can be about a mobile game anyway) and I'm pretty much not going to use it. I'll just give the fucker a face and that will be it.

Also Sharena and Bruno don't fucking exist anymore and apparently Alfonse/Veronica is canon in at least one universe

Edited by Sunwoo

As soon as I saw Veronica's base kit, I was like "oh, TT reward". More chill skills. Yay... Instead of something like a lul or solo. We're still stuck in mid 2018 it seems like. Alfonse is a mage armor with BF already in his kit so he's a bit cheaper to build. I wonder what this batch of inheritable weapons do. Gustav and Henriette seem to have drive cover as their weapons or as a skill. Switching places with an ally during combat.

Unique skills being upgrade is nice for legendaries.

Hero Fest is kinda eh. Problem with Shamir's kit is that you can't inherit more than one meaningful skill from her. Would've been better if she had a push skill to coincide with Petrine's revival. At least from Shinor you can get Deadeye+TP. Sothis... At least Ephraim has good fodder and has value as a duo hero.

Edited by redlight

I have mixed feelings towards the Feh Channel and I don’t know if I like them or not or if I should be crying of sadness or joy.

Anyways, the seasonal is kinda meh tbh, though I’d like to wait until the trailer to see what is going on with those units.

The “demote” is cool I guess, and the rewards (aside of the forma) do not surprise me. In general, a decent/good anniversary celebration imo.

And the cyl results have practically made me accept my toxic relationship with Feh lol.

Lif and Thrasir is cute. Happy.

Veronica is a freebie. Happy.

Henrietta is voiced by Noto Mamiko. Happy.

Legendary Ike and Fjorm are getting buffs. Happy.

Assuming their new skills are retroactively added to all existing copies and books like with the old staff update, that means I'm going to have a ton of copies of Atk/Def Unity I can pass around. Fjorm books are finally useful now.

Kita Senri's, Teffish's, Enkyo Yuichiro's, and Kozaki Yusuke's anniversary arts are super cute. Maeshima Shigeki's is really nice, too.

I hilariously missed Caellach's GHB because I mistook the end date, so I can make that up now, I guess. (Also missed Veld for the same reason, so still waiting on that.)

Customizable summoner is pretty cool.

I don't care about this year's CYL picks.

Edited by Ice Dragon

12 minutes ago, Jave said:

This... was actually really good. They found a way to demote the Gen 1 and 2 5* units and actually make it look good.

A banner with three Male units and one Female Unit? And another Female character is the Freebie? What strange dimension is this?

Summoner is canonically the most OP Fire Emblem character ever. Can copy anything and everything? Sure, why not.

Wow, Marth and Eirika almost lost. I seriously wonder what would have happened if they have both been pushed down to 3rd. That could have ended badly.

The Valentine's banner has always been male-leaning, whether it be the Duo lead of the TT unit tiebreaking as needed. It's been the odd one out since the start.

And I'm as surprised as you with the CYL results, my reaction was a muted "WHAT" when I saw both 1st placers dropped (and Gatekeeper's pancake-flattening lead).

Well I am ok with this. The best thing for me is the old 5*s getting demoted finally (maybe those 8 copies of Saber I want will have a chance of showing up now) and the forma soul which will be saved for when someone I really want but haven't pulled shows up.  The rest is meh or ok since two free 5*s and tickets are always nice and I am glad that a hero rises is still happening and won't use up the free forma soul.  

• Both Marth and Eirika finally get their CYL wins! I'd been betting on Gatekeeper taking 1st, and he should be fun. Marianne in CYL feels like a waste to me, like Lysithea, but I do want her, so it's nice to know I'll have access to her then if not earlier.
  • No voted-in Hall of Forms, that's kind of unfortunate. I'd been liking the idea of that, last year's method led to a lot of frustrations. The banner and spark might help, though. I'm sure there will be someone cool to spark for. And this does mean I can save the Forma Soul for something else.
  • Looks like I've got 11 shots at Shamir on the new Hero Fest, since I've already got all the others.
  • The new legendary banners don't look like a great deal unless they have their normal 5* rate, the odds for an individual unit are a bit higher but the total drops from 8% to 6%. New skills for old legendary heroes are neat, though. I've already got almost all the old legends, so they'll finally do something interesting again.
  • Playable Kiran looks fun, and they take Xane's wildcard ability to the next level. But are they limited to those fixed appearances? That'd be disappointing.
  • Finally getting playable Gustav and Henriette, as well as alts for Lif and Thrasir! Alfonse and Veronica really didn't need more seasonals, though. Still, it looks like Alfonse is our second green tome armor, a demote, and has Bold Fighter? Solid. I'd been expecting a spark available on this banner, or something else more exciting than the summon tickets, but at least it'll be a chance for my orb stash to recover after Seiros has been eviscerating it. Especially with the Hero Rises spark coming up.
  • Now Surtr and Hel are the only pre-Book 4 OCs with no alts. They're the two big bads, so they might just be getting left out, but if they can make Lif and Thrasir work, I bet they'll come up with something eventually. Personally, I'm looking forward to it, it's the kind of ridiculousness I love getting out of this game.
  • Demotions for all the revival units! Only partial demotions, but still, that's awesome. There's 75 of them sharing a 3% rate, so it's only 0.04% (1/2,500 odds) each, but still, that's applied to every banner! Hopefully this will let me pick up some of the ones I'm missing. Also it sounds like it means kicking them out of the 5* pool even on rerun banners, so the odds of getting a recent 5* on those are higher now. Wonder what implications this will have for the future - will we get units from up to CYL3 crammed into that same pool in six months? And will this impact the growing revival banner lineup?
  • We'll also be starting the next seasonal cycle next month. Now that they're changing the approach to old legendaries, and doing this, I wonder if they'll change up how they're handling the oldest seasonals, maybe involving that 4* Special rate.

All in all, despite a few complaints, I'm really happy with this.

5 minutes ago, zuibangde said:

Is Altena still in the 4-5 stars pool to haunt us for at least one more year?

I... Huh. Looks like it.

God, that's so fucking weird.

Edited by Othin

18 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Assuming their new skills are retroactively added to all existing copies and books like with the old staff update, that means I'm going to have a ton of copies of Atk/Def Unity I can pass around. Fjorm books are finally useful now.

From what the notification post says, I believe this is true. So, all copies of, pre- and post-update, Fjorm and vanguard Ike will have their new skills.

The most interesting thing for me is that because of what they chose to do with him, vanguard Ike is the first and only unit to have two skill types of one slot. For Fjorm, Atk/Def Unity builds off of her default Atk/Def Bond while for vanguard Ike, Joint Drive Res is unrelated to Def Tactics. He's the first and only unit you can inherit two different C skills at once.

Edited by Kaden

5 minutes ago, Othin said:

I... Huh. Looks like it.

God, that's so fucking weird.

Don't they usually purge the 4-5 star pool in April (except for that one time)?

If she's not outta there by April, maybe they forgot about her. Or intend to just keep her there forever for shits and giggles.

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

Don't they usually purge the 4-5 star pool in April (except for that one time)?

If she's not outta there by April, maybe they forgot about her. Or intend to just keep her there forever for shits and giggles.

That's true. Still, it'd be a good time for it, rather than just doing her alone then.