A Hero Rises 2021

XRay

A Hero Rises 2021 Poll  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Are you voting primarily for gameplay or favorites?

• For gameplay
    • Equally for gameplay and favorites
    • Leaning more for favorites
    • For favorites.
    • Leaning more for gameplay
  2. 2. What kind of Hero in terms of obtainability are you voting for?

• Grail Hero
    • Regular 3*/4* Hero (Former 5* exclusive Heroes are now in the "4*" pool.)
    • Regular 5* Exclusive Hero
    • Regular 4* Special Hero
    • Regular 5* Special Hero
    • Duo Special Hero (Ephraim: Dynastic Duo can go here I guess.)
    • Harmonic Special Hero
    • Water Legendary Hero
    • Earth Legendary Hero
    • Fire Legendary Hero
    • Wind Legendary Hero
    • Light Mythic Hero
    • Astra Mythic Hero
    • Dark Mythic Hero
    • Anima Mythic Hero
  3. 3. What is the primary purpose of the Hero you are voting for?

• Combat: Player Phase
    • Combat: Enemy Phase
    • Combat: Dual Phase (e.g.: Counter-Vantage units, units with dual phase guaranteed follow-up attacks)
    • Combat: Other
    • Support: Dancer/Singer
    • Support: Buffer
    • Support: Debuffer (e.g.: Aversa, Virion, AMH!Hector, Veld)
    • Support: Healer (e.g.: Eir, Reciprocal Aid users, staff units)
    • Support: Training (i.e.: Valor skills)
    • Support: Other
    • Scoring in Arena
    • Scoring in Aether Raids
    • Scoring in other modes

I figure this deserves its own topic to help people like me figure out who to vote for.

Personally, I am leaning towards Bramimond, Yune, Light/Astra Mythics, and/or TSD!Sigurd. I am leaning towards mostly Mythics because I prioritize Aether Raids. I want Bramimond and Yune because I do not have them yet. While I already have every offensive Mythic, I do not mind having more. Although I already have copy of TSD!Sigurd, I also want a second one for Light Season.

I also want to know how others are voting though and get some perspectives on the matter. Why are you picking the unit you plan to vote for?

Oh, and here is the link:
https://referendum2021.campaigns.fire-emblem-heroes.com/en-us

Edited by XRay

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@XRayFor question two you have Astra Mythic Hero as an option twice and Anima Mythic Hero is missing.

As for my picks I'm thinking of giving my first three votes to Seiros, Harmonic Dorothea and Bridal Micaiah. I'm also considering voting for Halloween Grima, NY!Plumeria and Duo Lyn but it depends on how midterms will look. I'm mostly just voting for Mythic Heroes, Harmonic Heroes and useful seasonal heroes unless someone else wants to give me better suggestions.

1 minute ago, NSSKG151 said:

@XRayFor question two you have Astra Mythic Hero as an option twice and Anima Mythic Hero is missing.

Woops! I think it should be fixed now.

I think I'll throw votes toward the Harmonic Heroes I don't have yet, so first off will be Harmonic Mia/"Marth".

Unlike CYL where there is an absolute guarantee I'll be summoning regardless who wins, I have investment in this vote cause A. Harmonic Heroes have a dual purpose of providing extra score in Resonant Battles, and B. they're all strong.

Duo heroes only for me, I want general usability and not stuff that's only useful for a subset of game modes.

Can't see the voting page at the moment, how many votes do we get? Going to go Sigurd, Palla, Peony, Micaiah, and if there's room, Byleth and Lyn.

3 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Duo heroes only for me, I want general usability and not stuff that's only useful for a subset of game modes.

Can't see the voting page at the moment, how many votes do we get? Going to go Sigurd, Palla, Peony, Micaiah, and if there's room, Byleth and Lyn.

We get seven votes.

This year aside from the free winner of the voting Gauntlet we will also get a banner with the top 4 that's also sparkable so that's going to be my focus. Will vote Seiros, Winter Altina, Duo Lyn and the Goat Lady. Will give them 2 votes each with the exception being Lyn as she already will get lots of support. Will try to even spark for one of them and pull as much as I can in their banner. 

I voted Seiros today, will vote Duessel tomorrow and Freyja the day after. I'll probably give a vote do Dancer Sigurd&Deirdre and Dancer Quan as well. And maybe Naga. But I really hope that Seiros or Duessel will be the free character. Like, I have both, but merges never hurt, and they are two of the best blue tank units as of now. Well, at least that's my experience with them, anyway.

First vote was Plumeria as she's the only Astra Mythic dancer, making her incredibly good for her season just like how good Peony is for Light. Outside of AR she's a dancer that debuffs foes, so she can also put some work on PvE content. 

As for other votes, I was gonna vote Duo Micaiah because Dominance is such a strong effect that lets you cheese many modes, but I got her for free so I might change that vote for Duo Alfonse or Duo Sigurd. 

I'll throw one vote for Freyja for selfish reasons, those being that I like her design and want her in my barracks. That's about it, not that I expect her to do well in the contest even if she's a pretty strong unit for PvE (she isn't very good on AR as the Mythic slots are very competitive with Eir, Peony and Mila offering superb support, meanwhile Freyja is a damage dealer that gets no stat bonuses...yeah).

Then there's L!Dimitri, L!Leif and L!Chrom, the trio of extremely disgusting Water legendaries no one likes to face in Arena. They're not only for arena though, as they are also capable of decimating Abyssal maps with proper support and all of them have good fodder (Leif not so much, but Atk/Res Push 4 has it's uses on slow mages). 

And that's all I can think about, really. I'm not voting for Seiros as I think she's kinda overhyped (the strats she opens via the 7th Defense unit are legit strong Ninja Lyn still cheeses them, but that's just for 1 mode and said strats aren't something everyone can pull off). 

As for a couple of recommendations that I won't vote for as I already have those units: 

• Duo Lyn. Absurdly strong unit, she's top 5 in terms of Player Phase sweepers. She makes AR-O, Abyssal maps and Arena a complete joke. You can't go wrong with her and with her effective 190 BST for Arena modes she'll have some longevity if one wishes to go all the way for her. Really strong fodder from the Rein and SS3. 
  • W!Altina. Also pretty powerful, but leans more towards being balanced due to pronounced weaknesses. Even then she's pretty easy to use. Put her alongside B!Lucina or NY!Velouria and watch her melt almost everything that stands in her way. Equally strong fodder from the Unity and NCD. 

I want to vote for someone who'll be useful for everyone across the board, first and foremost. However, I also want to pick a character I like who is also a unit I don't have yet, is hard to acquire (like a seasonal or something) and is useful for my playstyle (heavy defense EP, mostly.)

All that said, I'm not sure who to vote for. Seiros would be useful, but I don't particularly care for her as a character (I haven't really gotten to know her too much yet. I know, I know; I need to finish my 3H playthroughs but I have other priorities in life, so...) and she shows up on banners that have a higher-than-usual 5* % chance for summoning.

I'm just not sure who to vote for right now. Thrasir kind of fits in a similar boat to Seiros for me, except that I like her better.

Uhh... Maybe a duo or a harmonic hero? I'd jump all over that Valentine's Lif if he was available for voting, but I don't think he is.

Edit: Chose Pirate Veronica since she's a seasonal duo I want. Also forgot that you get wallpapers with this. This will now play a heavy factor in who I vote for....maybe.

Edited by Mercakete

I'm going all-in on Dorothea. Other picks I'd be happiest with are Seiros, Duo Lyn, or Pirate Veronica, followed by Freyja, Bramimond, or Pirate Tibarn.

I'll be voting for a mixture of Fire Legendaries, Wind Legendaries, and Harmonized Heroes to aid in Blessed Gardens and Resonant Battles. My ballot will probably look something like this:

1. Legendary Lucina (Wind/Spd)
  2. Hero-King Marth (Fire/Res)
  3. Harmonic Tiki & Ninian
  4. Legendary Eliwood (Wind/Pair Up)
  5. Legendary Hector (Fire/Atk)
  6. Harmonic Mia & "Marth"
  7. Harmonic Dorothea & Lene

I didn’t get Ninja!Lyn and Summer!Byleth on their debut, so those are my picks (both are useful for general purpose). Though Seiros and Duo!Sigurd seem extremely tempting. Hope some of them get to the top 4.

Seems like most people are going for Duos and Mythics. Not sure if I should spread my votes around or focus on just one unit.

I think I will vote for TSD!Sigurd for now, and I will decide whether I want to stick with him the whole way or spread my votes out later today. For units that benefit new and casual players the most, I will go with ITM!Lyn on the fourth slot. As for the rest, I guess I will just pick Dancers/Singers

1. TSD!Sigurd
2. Yune/TSD!Sigurd
3. Bramimond/TSD!Sigurd
4. ITM!Lyn/TSD!Sigurd
5. Plumeria/TSD!Sigurd
6. VS!Azura/DDR!Dorothea/NYSH!Peony/TSD!Sigurd
7. VS!Azura/DDR!Dorothea/NYSH!Peony/TSD!Sigurd

I bet they're still going to make the unit only available for a few days because reasons... Edit: It is limited availability.

First vote was legendary Leif and assuming I don't miss the remaining days, my ballot should be and in no particular order except for Leif:

1. Legendary Leif. Only ranged unit to have Galeforce and he's cheap to modify; Fury 3 replacing Atk/Res Push 4 if he needs Atk/Res outside < 25% HP or Spd/Def in return for lower Atk/Res and being easier to be hit by Chills if he's the one with the highest of whatever stats, -a breaker, Escape Route for mobility through recoil damage, Vantage, etc.
  2. CYL Edelgard. But she's currently available as a free pick! Yes, she is, but if it were possible for her or any of these winners to be permanently available (as a Xenologue reward like vanguard Ike), then everyone would be able to get an armor who can easily circumvent armor movement. It'd be painful to deal with everyone having access to her, but what she offers cannot be understated. It's by coincidence of what the recent PvE maps were, but nowadays I feel like she would have been the better "agreed upon" F2P pick over CYL Dimitri.
  3. Flayn. Flying healer who can support by providing damage reduction to allies within 2 spaces.
  4. New Year's Peony & Triandra. Duo hero refresh flier with an exclusive dance. Peony's Gentle Dream is just useful.
  5. Regular Plumeria. Astra refresh unit. We only have one Astra mythic available to all players as the previous Hero Rises winner Altina was only available for a limited time unlike vanguard Ike or in regards to Aether Raids, the two Light mythics who are story units.
  6. Ballroom Sigurd & Deirdre. Currently the only cavalry refresh unit in the game.
  7. Pirate Tibarn. Pre-built Galeforce beast flier. The positioning requirements can be finicky, but an out of the box Galeforce unit and one who is a beast flier meaning he can 3 movement when transformed offers a lot of utility.

Honorable mentions in no particular order: any of the Anima/Dark mythic heroes of which Bramimond, Hel, Mirabilis, Seiros, Thrasir, and Triandra are my standouts, to a lesser degree, the other Astra/Light mythic heroes who are not story units to which Mila would be very helpful with her ability to grant another turn in Aether Raids and inflict Isolation on units, particularly refresh units, with lower defense than her, any duo/harmonic unit really, refresh units like legendary Azura, Plegian Dorothea & Lene, or New Year's Plumeria who have something unique about them, i.e. being a duo/harmonic unit or an exclusive dance/sing skill, legendary Alm, legendary Celica, legendary F!Corrin, legendary Chrom, legendary Dimitri, legendary Lilina, Halloween F!Grima, couple Micaiah & Sothe, Igrene, Fluorspar Selena, Eleonora or Shamir, and Shinon.

Spoiler

I want to vote for Hel since now that we have a Mythic Boost seal, it can be easy to run an infinite Miracle build on her which I could see being very useful for PvE maps. Problem is that it means she's probably always going to need to have Mythic Boost and she can still be ORKO'd by mages and healers with high enough offenses. It's a very unique niche that she can provide, so, I'm not sure who I would replace her with.

To highlight some things, true damage is nutty, so that's why legendary Alm, Celica, kind of Dimitri, and couple Micaiah & Sothe are there. Legendary Dimitri's mainly there for being a rare, high offenses lance infantry and him introducing Odd Tempest, so he can have 3 movement on odd turns. Similarly, AoE special spam to which Igrene and legendary Lilina can do out of the box.

Avoiding counterattacks is why Eleonora and Shamir are on there. They do have to meet certain conditions as they don't have pure Firesweep prf bows, but it's still a great ability to have. Problem is that is the main thing they offer and pure damage is not everything. There are plenty of DPS units.

Fjorm and for that matter, vanguard Ike and future older legendary heroes, are essentially getting skill refinements, but I do feel like legendary F!Corrin would be a good addition given that she would be able to have damage reduction against melee units and her being colorless means she would not be weak to green units unlike Fjorm in return for no WTA and being weak to anti-dragon weapons and the occasional -raven tome. Halloween F!Grima for me falls under this as being another, different Distant Counter unit. Like Altina, she would be a flier who negates effective damage against fliers, but is still weak to dragons and her sustain is good if you can fulfill her positioning requirements. Between the two, you would get a Distant Counter dragon, so being able to target the lower defense of ranged units without Mystic Boost effects, and either colorless or green to complement Fjorm's blue lance and vanguard Ike's red sword. Also, Altina's red flying sword for those you who were playing when she was available.

Null Follow-Up can be helpful, especially, in PvE where you often see Wary Fighter armors being massive dicks. So, Shamir who has it by default and legendary Celica, Halloween F!Grima, Fluorspar Selena, and Thrasir when they meet their conditions. Fluorspar Selena is a bit shaky in that it's her conditional Null Follow-Up versus Reinhardt and his Dire Thunder who is always available for players who have somehow not completed the first Heroes' Paths and who is much easier to merge.

I hope that they make the winner available through a Xenologue rather than do what they did with Altina, but I doubt it, especially with how strong or how much recent units offer. Still, even with Altina, it was stingy since there were no story Astra mythics and there were only two Astra mythics including Altina where Naga is really meh to the point where I feel like she should have been included with Fjorm and vanguard Ike for a skill upgrade or whatever you want to call it. Sure, everyone gets Altina, a Brave, Distant Counter, Vantage and an Astra mythic, but it doesn't guarantee people will be able to win during Astra/Anima season to which Thrasir, a green mage, destroys Altina when a player is not careful much less Naga who she has WTA and effective damage against. I consider Eir and especially Peony who is a miracle when you consider they gave us a flying refresh unit like that to be on par or better than Altina in terms of free units and considering Aether Raids. Outside of AR, Reinhardt. This dude destroys so much and has done for hilariously so long that it was arguably a mistake that he was demoted over Olwen.

Anyway, my picks along with the honorable mentions primarily consider PvE. People do struggle and want help in addition to being lazy like me. Looking back, not having vanguard Ike would have made things very difficult until later units were released and even then, because he won, he is the only permanent Distant Counter sword infantry everyone has access to and the second Distant Counter unit everyone has access to with the other being Fjorm. And they're still useful or applicable in other modes or means like a free merge, free X or Y skills, or whatever.

Regardless, I'm going to be annoyed with my barracks space as usual. Yet another unit I have to keep and if it's one I already have, then I'm doubling up on a unit in reserve for hopefully not limited F2P guides and one who I personally use.

Edited by Kaden

2 minutes ago, Kaden said:

I bet they're still going to make the unit only available for a few days because reasons... First vote was legendary Leif and assuming I don't miss the remaining days, my ballot should be and in no particular order except for Leif:

1. Legendary Leif. Only ranged unit to have Galeforce and he's cheap to modify; Fury 3 replacing Atk/Res Push 4 if he needs Atk/Res outside < 25% HP or Spd/Def in return for lower Atk/Res and being easier to be hit by Chills if he's the one with the highest of whatever stats, -a breaker, Escape Route for mobility through recoil damage, Vantage, etc.
  2. CYL Edelgard. But she's currently available as a free pick! Yes, she is, but if it were possible for her or any of these winners to be permanently available (as a Xenologue reward like vanguard Ike), then everyone would be able to get an armor who can easily circumvent armor movement. It'd be painful to deal with everyone having access to her, but what she offers cannot be understated. It's by coincidence of what the recent PvE maps were, but nowadays I feel like she would have been the better "agreed upon" F2P pick over CYL Dimitri.
  3. Flayn. Flying healer who can support by providing damage reduction to allies within 2 spaces.
  4. New Year's Peony & Triandra. Duo hero refresh flier with an exclusive dance. Peony's Gentle Dream is just useful.
  5. Regular Plumeria. Astra refresh unit. We only have one Astra mythic available to all players as the previous Hero Rises winner Altina was only available for a limited time unlike vanguard Ike or in regards to Aether Raids, the two Light mythics who are story units.
  6. Ballroom Sigurd & Deirdre. Currently the only cavalry refresh unit in the game.
  7. Pirate Tibarn. Pre-built Galeforce beast flier. The positioning requirements can be finicky, but an out of the box Galeforce unit and one who is a beast flier meaning he can 3 movement when transformed offers a lot of utility.

Honorable mentions in no particular order: any of the Anima/Dark mythic heroes of which Bramimond, Hel, Mirabilis, Seiros, Thrasir, and Triandra are my standouts, to a lesser degree, the other Astra/Light mythic heroes who are not story units to which Mila would be very helpful with her ability to grant another turn in Aether Raids and inflict Isolation on units, particularly refresh units, with lower defense than her, any duo/harmonic unit really, refresh units like legendary Azura, Plegian Dorothea & Lene, or New Year's Plumeria who have something unique about them, i.e. being a duo/harmonic unit or an exclusive dance/sing skill, legendary Alm, legendary Celica, legendary F!Corrin, legendary Chrom, legendary Dimitri, legendary Lilina, Halloween F!Grima, couple Micaiah & Sothe, Igrene, Fluorspar Selena, Eleonora or Shamir, and Shinon.

Reveal hidden contents

I want to vote for Hel since now that we have a Mythic Boost seal, it can be easy to run an infinite Miracle build on her which I could see being very useful for PvE maps. Problem is that it means she's probably always going to need to have Mythic Boost and she can still be ORKO'd by mages and healers with high enough offenses. It's a very unique niche that she can provide, so, I'm not sure who I would replace her with.

To highlight some things, true damage is nutty, so that's why legendary Alm, Celica, kind of Dimitri, and couple Micaiah & Sothe are there. Legendary Dimitri's mainly there for being a rare, high offenses lance infantry and him introducing Odd Tempest, so he can have 3 movement on odd turns. Similarly, AoE special spam to which Igrene and legendary Lilina can do out of the box.

Avoiding counterattacks is why Eleonora and Shamir are on there. They do have to meet certain conditions as they don't have pure Firesweep prf bows, but it's still a great ability to have. Problem is that is the main thing they offer and pure damage is not everything. There are plenty of DPS units.

Fjorm and for that matter, vanguard Ike and future older legendary heroes, are essentially getting skill refinements, but I do feel like legendary F!Corrin would be a good addition given that she would be able to have damage reduction against melee units and her being colorless means she would not be weak to green units unlike Fjorm in return for no WTA and being weak to anti-dragon weapons and the occasional -raven tome. Halloween F!Grima for me falls under this as being another, different Distant Counter unit. Like Altina, she would be a flier who negates effective damage against fliers, but is still weak to dragons and her sustain is good if you can fulfill her positioning requirements. Between the two, you would get a Distant Counter dragon, so being able to target the lower defense of ranged units without Mystic Boost effects, and either colorless or green to complement Fjorm's blue lance and vanguard Ike's red sword. Also, Altina's red flying sword for those you who were playing when she was available.

Null Follow-Up can be helpful, especially, in PvE where you often see Wary Fighter armors being massive dicks. So, Shamir who has it by default and legendary Celica, Halloween F!Grima, Fluorspar Selena, and Thrasir when they meet their conditions. Fluorspar Selena is a bit shaky in that it's her conditional Null Follow-Up versus Reinhardt and his Dire Thunder who is always available for players who have somehow not completed the first Heroes' Paths and who is much easier to merge.

I hope that they make the winner available through a Xenologue rather than do what they did with Altina, but I doubt it, especially with how strong or how much recent units offer. Still, even with Altina, it was stingy since there were no story Astra mythics and there were only two Astra mythics including Altina where Naga is really meh to the point where I feel like she should have been included with Fjorm and vanguard Ike for a skill upgrade or whatever you want to call it. Sure, everyone gets Altina, a Brave, Distant Counter, Vantage and an Astra mythic, but it doesn't guarantee people will be able to win during Astra/Anima season to which Thrasir, a green mage, destroys Altina when a player is not careful much less Naga who she has WTA and effective damage against. I consider Eir and especially Peony who is a miracle when you consider they gave us a flying refresh unit like that to be on par or better than Altina in terms of free units and considering Aether Raids. Outside of AR, Reinhardt. This dude destroys so much and has done for hilariously so long that it was arguably a mistake that he was demoted over Olwen.

Anyway, my picks along with the honorable mentions primarily consider PvE. People do struggle and want help in addition to being lazy like me. Looking back, not having vanguard Ike would have made things very difficult until later units were released and even then, because he won, he is the only permanent Distant Counter sword infantry everyone has access to and the second Distant Counter unit everyone has access to with the other being Fjorm. And they're still useful or applicable in other modes or means like a free merge, free X or Y skills, or whatever.

Regardless, I'm going to be annoyed with my barracks space as usual. Yet another unit I have to keep and if it's one I already have, then I'm doubling up on a unit in reserve for hopefully not limited F2P guides and one who I personally use.

They've already announced the distribution period, iirc it's about a month just like Altina.