A Hero Rises 2021

XRay

A Hero Rises 2021 Poll  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Are you voting primarily for gameplay or favorites?

• For gameplay
    • Equally for gameplay and favorites
    • Leaning more for favorites
    • For favorites.
    • Leaning more for gameplay
  2. 2. What kind of Hero in terms of obtainability are you voting for?

• Grail Hero
    • Regular 3*/4* Hero (Former 5* exclusive Heroes are now in the "4*" pool.)
    • Regular 5* Exclusive Hero
    • Regular 4* Special Hero
    • Regular 5* Special Hero
    • Duo Special Hero (Ephraim: Dynastic Duo can go here I guess.)
    • Harmonic Special Hero
    • Water Legendary Hero
    • Earth Legendary Hero
    • Fire Legendary Hero
    • Wind Legendary Hero
    • Light Mythic Hero
    • Astra Mythic Hero
    • Dark Mythic Hero
    • Anima Mythic Hero
  3. 3. What is the primary purpose of the Hero you are voting for?

• Combat: Player Phase
    • Combat: Enemy Phase
    • Combat: Dual Phase (e.g.: Counter-Vantage units, units with dual phase guaranteed follow-up attacks)
    • Combat: Other
    • Support: Dancer/Singer
    • Support: Buffer
    • Support: Debuffer (e.g.: Aversa, Virion, AMH!Hector, Veld)
    • Support: Healer (e.g.: Eir, Reciprocal Aid users, staff units)
    • Support: Training (i.e.: Valor skills)
    • Support: Other
    • Scoring in Arena
    • Scoring in Aether Raids
    • Scoring in other modes

As usual, my votes will go to useful Special, Legendary or Mythic Heroes that I don't have. Also as usual, I will not vote for anyone who isn't a Special, Legendary, or Mythic Hero even if I want them (like Gatrie) because I think it's a waste to vote for someone in the regular summoning pool over someone who isn't.

My first vote went to legendary F!Corrin, and my remaining votes could go to any of the following depending on my whims:

Red: Plumeria, Ballroom Sigurd & Deirdre, Plegian Dorothea & Lene
Blue: New Year's Alfonse & Sharena, Legendary Chrom, Seiros
Green: Pirate Veronica & Xander, Thrasir, New Year's Peony & Triandra, Triandra, Freyja, Legendary and only Legendary Edelgard
Colorless: Mila, Bramimond

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty much voting for a bunch of characters I wasn't able to get or skipped out on.

• Red: Harmonized Dorothea
  • Blue: Legendary Chrom and Seiros
  • Green: Legendary Edelgard and Freya
  • Colorless: Duo Lyn and Xane/Bramimond

It seems that a lot of people want Seiros. I should probably vote for Bramimond, but I kind of like Xane more. I'll swing based on the midterm results. Granted I could get any of those colorless units if I'm lucky in the free summon.

Well my first vote went to Harmonic!Veronica.  Next vote will go to Duo!Lyn, then it will go: seiros, L!Chrom, Freya, Hamonic!Dorthea and L!Edelgard.  I am only voting for units I want that I don't have and are really good units to boot.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

They did midterm results last time, right? They might do the same thing here. 

I'm pretty sure they did. I remember people trying to vote up L!Leif, L!Alm and Duo Alfonse last year after seeing midterm results.

4 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

As usual, my votes will go to useful Special, Legendary or Mythic Heroes that I don't have. Also as usual, I will not vote for anyone who isn't a Special, Legendary, or Mythic Hero even if I want them (like Gatrie) because I think it's a waste to vote for someone in the regular summoning pool over someone who isn't.

My first vote went to legendary F!Corrin, and my remaining votes could go to any of the following depending on my whims:

I voted for her, too (I’m assuming you mean Child of Dusk Corrin, not Wailing Soul.) I absolutely love her design/art, and I’m a massive Corrin fan in general. I tried to summon for her in two other events last year, and couldn’t get her. Though it’s not like I completely lost out: I summoned Mirabilis, Hel, Shinon, Vallite Songstress Azura (another favorite from a gameplay, art and character perspective), and THREE legendary Leifs (fantastic unit; it’s impossible to go wrong with a cavalry archer who automatically doubles everything).

I’m really tempted to vote for 3/4-star characters I love, like Jakob, who I’m glad made the “most-tapped” list. 😁However, I already have him (working on giving him some new skills like Poison Strike and raising him to 5-star) and it would seem like a waste if a 3/4-star unit won rather have a 5-star, duo, legendary, mythic, etc. win and be given away for free.

I'm voting for Legendary Chrom. Mostly because I want to +10 him at some point but even that aside I think he's a good choice. He's a really good unit in general but even if someone had no interest in using him he has good premium fodder as well.

Hmmmm yeah, though my other reasons play a role (rarity, availability, desire for, generally someone useful to people) I think I'll throw votes around primarily based on...wallpaper. 👍

2nd vote went to Fallen M!Corrin. I pulled for you, man, why didn't you show up?

Anyway, not sure who tomorrow will be.

Did Legendary Seliph, Ninja Lyn, and thinking of Ballroom Sigurd today. Idk if interim results will affect my votes, we'll see. Thinking of going with Legendary Edelgard, Brave Claude, Mila, and Brammimond for the rest.

First vote went to Ninja Lyn, second to Nils, and third to Fiora. I'm not sure who votes four-seven will go to, gotta see which of my favorite characters have the best wallpaper. I'll get all the favorites afterwards anyway, but...I need some immediately, dang it!

This time I voted for Legendary Dimitri. Also, I noticed that the design for wallpapers is different this year from what it was like last year. The weapon color is still the color of the background, but instead of showing the attacking art and the crit art (with the regular attacking art being faded and in the background), it clearly shows the attacking art and the damaged art.

Ok. You can get B!Edelgard for free already. I know you picked her because you're still voting for the same character twice. Could people just cool off with Brave Hero picks. You had your chance with the free pick and spark. There's quite possibly a rerun of the banner coming up this year that's also sparkable

Edelstans were bad enough, but Dimitri's creeping up with his Brave alt. Repeat of what I said last paragraph.

People don't scroll enough, smh. Then again, duo Sigurd was really fucking low.

Worst unit in top 8 right now is L!Edelgard. Her kit is yeah... Encapsulates armor problems and her per B skill is sort of nice for more Galeforce, but you'd rather use Brave Axe instead of Amyr at that point.

Ironically though, if B!Dimitri cracks top 8 then half of the VG is blue. IS will probably implement countermeasures such as having the blues square off at the beginningof the VG, but we actually have a good chance of having a high rate up for blue if at least 2 units. 3 is the most positively realistic outcome. You have a defense mythic and 2 of the best Legendaries.

Edited by redlight

If the top 8 we have right now from the mid-term results are the ones in the VG, and if it uses the same structure from last year... the AHR 2021 Voting Gauntlet will have:

In the Left Side:

• Seiros (1st) Vs Legendary Chrom (5th)
  • Legendary Dimitri (4th) Vs Legendary Edelgard (8th)

In the right side:

• Ninja Lyn (2nd) Vs Legendary Corrin (6th)
  • Brave Edelgard (3nd) Vs Freyja (7th)

Just to remember: the top 4 heroes FROM THE VOTING GAUNTLET are the ones that will have a banner, not the Top 4 in votes from the website. So basically the 4 winner of Round 1 are the ones in the banner.

Hmm if things stay as they are, I'll have to support Legendary Dimitri. I'd want him or Seiros. As a runner-up, I'd take Legendary Edelgard (for fodder). That's just me, though, based on the midterm results.

It's funny how Edelgard Vs Dimitri can happen... again... for the 3rd time. Plus, we can have Legendary Edelgard vs Legendary Dimitri. The first time was between their academy versions, while the second time was between their Brave versions.

5 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

It's funny how Edelgard Vs Dimitri can happen... again... for the 3rd time. Plus, we can have Legendary Edelgard vs Legendary Dimitri. The first time was between their academy versions, while the second time was between their Brave versions.

Yeah, I thought of that, too (though not in as much detail.) Man, these guys never stop fighting. XD Now they need child alts...so they can fight each other as children.

15 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Yeah, I thought of that, too (though not in as much detail.) Man, these guys never stop fighting. XD Now they need child alts...so they can fight each other as children.

Three Houses spoilers:

Spoiler

We need an Alternative Universe alt, where Dimitri is the one that wants to destroy the church, so we can have Alternative/Masked Dimitri Vs. Flame Emperor