A Hero Rises 2021

XRay

A Hero Rises 2021 Poll  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Are you voting primarily for gameplay or favorites?

• For gameplay
    • Equally for gameplay and favorites
    • Leaning more for favorites
    • For favorites.
    • Leaning more for gameplay
  2. 2. What kind of Hero in terms of obtainability are you voting for?

• Grail Hero
    • Regular 3*/4* Hero (Former 5* exclusive Heroes are now in the "4*" pool.)
    • Regular 5* Exclusive Hero
    • Regular 4* Special Hero
    • Regular 5* Special Hero
    • Duo Special Hero (Ephraim: Dynastic Duo can go here I guess.)
    • Harmonic Special Hero
    • Water Legendary Hero
    • Earth Legendary Hero
    • Fire Legendary Hero
    • Wind Legendary Hero
    • Light Mythic Hero
    • Astra Mythic Hero
    • Dark Mythic Hero
    • Anima Mythic Hero
  3. 3. What is the primary purpose of the Hero you are voting for?

• Combat: Player Phase
    • Combat: Enemy Phase
    • Combat: Dual Phase (e.g.: Counter-Vantage units, units with dual phase guaranteed follow-up attacks)
    • Combat: Other
    • Support: Dancer/Singer
    • Support: Buffer
    • Support: Debuffer (e.g.: Aversa, Virion, AMH!Hector, Veld)
    • Support: Healer (e.g.: Eir, Reciprocal Aid users, staff units)
    • Support: Training (i.e.: Valor skills)
    • Support: Other
    • Scoring in Arena
    • Scoring in Aether Raids
    • Scoring in other modes

Please guys, remember that casual players exist (and usually, they are the bigger part of the playerbase) and that they probably don’t care how good a unit is if they don’t like that unit, so they’ll vote for their favourites. Don’t get mad, just do what you can during the VG to keep those units out of the banner

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Alexmender said:

I was gonna spread out my votes but now I'm going all in on Freyja to keep her in the top 8, let those 3H casuals keep voting for their beloved B!Edelgard all they want. She'll go down during the VG. 

considering how stupid and unpredictable VGs have often proven to be, i wouldn't be so sure about that

as for me, i've been voting for Seiros these 3 days, but i already resigned myself to seeing at least 2 versions of Edelgard in this year's AHR event way before it was even announced, so i was almost mentally prepared for this, but yeah it still makes me so mad, and i perfectly know i shouldn't be, because this is a stupid gacha mobile game and i shouldn't let it alter my emotions; i guess that's what i deserve for wasting my time with things i like

tl;dr i'm voting Bride Micaiah from now on, hoping she'll enter Top 8, and even if she won't, i hope both Dimitri and Chrom lose the first round of VG so that Seiros, should she win that, won't share Blue with anyone else on the banner they've announced

Edited by Yexin

2 hours ago, XRay said:

Brave Axe has issues with stat checks, even with her high Atk. It is not a bad option, but it is not better than Aymr in my opinion.

Double Galeforce is nice if the unit does not have 1 movement. FE!Edelgard has 1 movement, and while Armored Stride largely alleviates that issue, it does not alleviate that issue completely, as there is still minor positioning requirements that needs to be met. Armored Stride is very unforgiving in cramped maps as she will be near allies a lot, and having consistent Galeforce is not all that meaningful if you cannot go anywhere and reach enemies in time.

There are numerous ways to work around that though in things like Aehter raids. Literally any armor unit and the armor march seal (which is what I have on my Grandscratcher WInter Erika who also functions as a global support for her with her staff and c skill ) and skills like smite. And once your in most teams are clumped together somewhere so even if you are limited to one movement it doesn't actually matter that much.  Smite alone fixes alot of the issues and isn't too hard to put on pretty much anything other than staff unit. Even off fire season I have had no issues destroying set ups in ways that can't exactly be duplicated by other heroes other than duo lyn. 

Sure no attack set up is perfect but there are issues with literally any comp you can think of. All I am saying is she can do alot if you give her a shot and the support to make her shine. Every set up imaginable needs support to make it work to its max. And I think she is given a bit to much flack as unit.

Edited by vikingsfan92

19 minutes ago, vikingsfan92 said:

There are numerous ways to work around that though in things like Aehter raids. Literally any armor unit and the armor march seal (which is what I have on my Grandscratcher WInter Erika who also functions as a global support for her with her staff and c skill ) and skills like smite. And once your in most teams are clumped together somewhere so even if you are limited to one movement it doesn't actually matter that much.  Smite alone fixes alot of the issues and isn't too hard to put on pretty much anything other than staff unit. Even off fire season I have had no issues destroying set ups in ways that can't exactly be duplicated by other heroes other than duo lyn. 

Sure no attack set up is perfect but there are issues with literally any comp you can think of. All I am saying is she can do alot if you give her a shot and the support to make her shine. Every set up imaginable needs support to make it work to its max. And I think she is given a bit to much flack as unit.

Other units and team compositions have other issues, but those issues are much easier to work with. There is an extra layer of difficulty and effort that is required to make FE!Edelgard work, and that extra difficulty and effort is the issue. You might not think it is a big deal, but for most players, her lack of mobility is a big deal. Armors are frustrating for many players to use, and even with the release of Armor March, Armored Boots, and Armored Stride, most players are not going to use armor units unless it is absolutely necessary.

Clumping is a big no-no in Aether Raids once combat has started, as that is just asking to get more vulnerable units to be sniped. Using Smite on FE!Edelgard requires much more space than usual if you want her mobility to be intact, since setting up Smite will require the Smiter keep their distance.

ANF!Edelgard is highly rated because she does not face the same weakness that most armors have. She technically has 1 movement too, but Flower Hauteclere is so lenient that she has 2 movement for practically all intents and purposes. Double Galeforce is no doubt fun and exciting, but it is a gimmick that is not good enough to offset the glaring drawbacks of being an armored unit. I am constantly reminded of why I hate using armor units so much when I use FE!Edelgard due to her mobility requirements. On the other hand, you sometimes basically forget ANF!Edelgard is an armor unit when under your command, and her user experience is extremely smooth, very pleasant, and simply satisfying.

12 minutes ago, XRay said:

Clumping is a big no-no in Aether Raids once combat has started, as that is just asking to get more vulnerable units to be sniped. Using Smite on FE!Edelgard requires much more space than usual if you want her mobility to be intact, since setting up Smite will require the Smiter keep their distance.

Its almost impossible to have a clump free defense team (which is what matters here as I am talking about her on offense) in aehter raids given you are limited to two rows period for your defense team placement and in Astra season 7 slots to place units in. Also doesn't help that there are structures you want to keep safe like duo's hindrance, healing tower, ect. Placing units to far from others opens you up to snipes just as much if not more than clumping. Not to mention it limits the effectiveness of c skills like drives/hones (mainly joint drive x), bonds, unity, staffs like Flayns. Destroying these clumps that are forced on defensive teams are things duo Lyn and Legendary Edelgard excel at like no other.

Also its really not the difficult task you describe to use armor.  Yes Armors are not favorite strategies of a lot of people but the ceilings of units matter alot too and the fact you can remove three units with one means three less hits from very scary units to deal with sometimes even more than that if the defense team is set up in a way to allow ton of dancing or there own galeforce shenanigan (Eliwood for an example tends to be a popular defensive team galeforce unit or Legendary Lief on cav line teams).  I also don't think the skill requirement for armor is really as high as you are saying especially on Edelgard who is less of a problem with it than others.

16 minutes ago, vikingsfan92 said:

Its almost impossible to have a clump free defense team (which is what matters here as I am talking about her on offense) in aehter raids given you are limited to two rows period for your defense team placement and in Astra season 7 slots to place units in. Also doesn't help that there are structures you want to keep safe like duo's hindrance, healing tower, ect. Placing units to far from others opens you up to snipes just as much if not more than clumping. Not to mention it limits the effectiveness of c skills like drives/hones (mainly joint drive x), bonds, unity, staffs like Flayns. Destroying these clumps that are forced on defensive teams are things duo Lyn and Legendary Edelgard excel at like no other.

I meant clumping on offense. Clumping on offense is dangerous. Clumping is not a good solution to mobility in other modes either as it still means you need to lug around another armor unit.

18 minutes ago, vikingsfan92 said:

Also its really not the difficult task you describe to use armor.  Yes Armors are not favorite strategies of a lot of people but the ceilings of units matter alot too and the fact you can remove three units with one means three less hits from very scary units to deal with sometimes even more than that if the defense team is set up in a way to allow ton of dancing or there own galeforce shenanigan (Eliwood for an example tends to be a popular defensive team galeforce unit or Legendary Lief on cav line teams).  I also don't think the skill requirement for armor is really as high as you are saying especially on Edelgard who is less of a problem with it than others.

I think the skill requirement for using FE!Edelgard is relatively high, as her mobility presents a lot of onerous challenges. Armored Stride makes armored units bearable to use, but they are not great. Whatever defense team FE!Edelgard can tackle, I think a regular player phase Galeforce team can tackle too, and regular Galeforcers have the benefit of low bulk to facilitate Wings of Mercy Dancers/Singers.

4 minutes ago, XRay said:

I meant clumping on offense. Clumping on offense is dangerous. Clumping is not a good solution to mobility in other modes either as it still means you need to lug around another armor unit.

Galeforce teams no matter the flavour don't need all there units to always do much some times they just need one unit to do one thing one time and than they can afk and you still win. My duo tiki on my duo Astra team centered around duo lyn for instance just needs to hit the duo skill button one time and then can never move again and I am happy. Same holds true for the amror march hero with edelgard.

8 minutes ago, XRay said:

I think the skill requirement for using FE!Edelgard is relatively high, as her mobility presents a lot of onerous challenges. Armored Stride makes armored units bearable to use, but they are not great. Whatever defense team FE!Edelgard can tackle, I think a regular player phase Galeforce team can tackle too, and regular Galeforcers have the benefit of low bulk to facilitate Wings of Mercy Dancers/Singers.

And I actually think regular galeforce teams can be harder to do over Edelgard. Why because you have to find more ways to get your dancers the space they need to operate. You have one less attack baseline without supports on other units which likely means you need one more tile for a dancer to occupy. Which means you have to have safe space for the dancers to get to which isn't always easy. Also Its a bit easier to back out if needed in my opinion as you can hit two than move to a safer spot to be danced and its easier to rescue the dancers when they are closer to your team.  Also guard or other special stopping is more of an issue more generic units imo as at least with Edelgard you know you are getting two hits or one hit and back off. And her base stats are also pretty strong so even if she doesn't one turn she might survive more than other galeforcers.

Don't get me wrong you can have ton of success with other galeforce users. Just that there are somethings you get with Edelgard with that you don't with others. She has her unique pros.  But anyways I think I am good with disagreeing and keeping things more on topic.

13 hours ago, Javi Blizz said:

Please guys, remember that casual players exist (and usually, they are the bigger part of the playerbase) and that they probably don’t care how good a unit is if they don’t like that unit, so they’ll vote for their favourites. Don’t get mad, just do what you can during the VG to keep those units out of the banner

Yeah, and there are players who want to vote for the heroes they want to +10. Having more banners with those heroes, means more chances to get more copies to complete their merge projects. I totally understand why Brave Edelgard and Brave Dimitri are in the top 10.

I will even say that I am surprised that people are surprised that Brave Edelgard scored that high! She is a very good unit, so it's natural that she would be in the rank she is.

"You can pick Brave Edelgard as free summon" and "You were able to spark for her" are not reason to not vote for her, in my opinion. Not everyone picked her or sparked for her.

Yeah, if the CYL 4 banner wins the twitter pool (if they appeear for voting), they will get a rerun in May. But that means if Edelgard appear in the AHR banner, then players who are +10ing her will have 2 new chances to finish the project.

Cast a vote for Dream M!Corrin's wallpaper today. It's so pretty! Loving that blue background complimenting his colors.

On the note of Brave Edelgard and casuals I can imagine there are a lot of newer players who either immensely  struggle or can't straight up beat her in a fair amount of scenarios so that fact alone can entice them to want to get a copy of her for themselves.  If you see a hero that you struggle beating consistently odds are you are going to want that unit yourself and brave Edelgard is probably one of if not the most popular run unit that can cause teams a ton of problems.

I'm just disappointed that neither Claude is doing good. Playing third wheel yet again.

Well, I guess I'm dumping the rest of my votes for Brave Claude in hopes he reaches 8th. I know he may not be the best unit but he has a niche he performs well in and at the very least offers some good fodder if one doesn't like him.

11 hours ago, vikingsfan92 said:

On the note of Brave Edelgard and casuals I can imagine there are a lot of newer players who either immensely  struggle or can't straight up beat her in a fair amount of scenarios so that fact alone can entice them to want to get a copy of her for themselves.  If you see a hero that you struggle beating consistently odds are you are going to want that unit yourself and brave Edelgard is probably one of if not the most popular run unit that can cause teams a ton of problems.

Indeed.  Shoot, she came out kinda when I first started playing the game, and I only had enough orbs to spark b!Claude (no regrets - I'm glad I chose him), but I definitely want another early chance to grab as many copies of her now that I know how much she destroys the meta. Plus the armor's cool, and the character's cool.

That being said my two votes so far were for Valter and Bram.  Throwing the rest for Bram when I remember because they're another Mythic along with Altina that I just can't seem to get. :v

Edited by kradeelav

You know, I really wish we could get wallpapers of resplendent versions of the characters. If we could, I'd take regular M!Robin, regular Eldigan, and B!Ike! Maybe next year.

In the meantime, I wonder who I should give today's vote to... Oliver would be funny. Duma, maybe? Or maybe one of those people who smile in their damaged art, like "Now it's getting fun!" Or maybe someone funny, like Summer Wolt, who gets fish slapped...

Edited by Mercakete

45 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

You know, I really wish we could get wallpapers of resplendent versions of the characters. If we could, I'd take regular M!Robin, regular Eldigan, and B!Ike! Maybe next year.

iirc last year someone allowed anyone to download any wallpaper from the AHR event; i think it was on reddit, but i'm not sure

it's highly likely they're gonna do the same this year as well, if they haven't done it already

if talking about this is against the rules, i'm sorry, i didn't know

1 hour ago, NSSKG151 said:

People don't need to vote for just wallpaper since all of them will eventually show up on the AHR megathread on reddit or feheroesgamepedia.com.

Not everyone wants to go to other sites like that to collect wallpapers. For me, I limit the sites I go to, and I prefer to get the wallpapers from the official source.