A Hero Rises 2021

XRay

A Hero Rises 2021 Poll  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Are you voting primarily for gameplay or favorites?

• For gameplay
    • Equally for gameplay and favorites
    • Leaning more for favorites
    • For favorites.
    • Leaning more for gameplay
  2. 2. What kind of Hero in terms of obtainability are you voting for?

• Grail Hero
    • Regular 3*/4* Hero (Former 5* exclusive Heroes are now in the "4*" pool.)
    • Regular 5* Exclusive Hero
    • Regular 4* Special Hero
    • Regular 5* Special Hero
    • Duo Special Hero (Ephraim: Dynastic Duo can go here I guess.)
    • Harmonic Special Hero
    • Water Legendary Hero
    • Earth Legendary Hero
    • Fire Legendary Hero
    • Wind Legendary Hero
    • Light Mythic Hero
    • Astra Mythic Hero
    • Dark Mythic Hero
    • Anima Mythic Hero
  3. 3. What is the primary purpose of the Hero you are voting for?

• Combat: Player Phase
    • Combat: Enemy Phase
    • Combat: Dual Phase (e.g.: Counter-Vantage units, units with dual phase guaranteed follow-up attacks)
    • Combat: Other
    • Support: Dancer/Singer
    • Support: Buffer
    • Support: Debuffer (e.g.: Aversa, Virion, AMH!Hector, Veld)
    • Support: Healer (e.g.: Eir, Reciprocal Aid users, staff units)
    • Support: Training (i.e.: Valor skills)
    • Support: Other
    • Scoring in Arena
    • Scoring in Aether Raids
    • Scoring in other modes

2 hours ago, jameslove001 said:

I was voting for flying Azura until I saw the results and now have switched to flying Lyn. I can’t believe Seiros is number 1 since she is so recent and still available during voting.

New elemental heroes have traditionally done very well, since they're high-power, on everyone's mind, and people haven't had many chances to get them yet. Ike won the first Hero Rises when he was the newest, and Duma was one of the four finalists in his. Lif didn't make it into his Voting Gauntlet, but IIRC, it was close.

Speaking personally, I intentionally passed on going for Ike the first time he was available since I knew he might win the voting. Others may have done the same thing.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, all my favorites are in blue, I guess. XD Just voted for Legendary Ephraim! I don't have him yet, and I like his art. Also, I do want him. His wallpaper is nice!

Done with voting with this year's AHR event.

mnmo1FT.png

I tried to vote for useful units and/or those with good fodder skills. Hopefully my two votes help Duo Micaiah get into the top 8. If I knew the midterm results were going to be out on the third day I would have given it to Duo Micaiah instead of NY!Plumeria. L!Chrom and L!Corrin also got one vote each from me in order to help maintain their placements. Hopefully we still end up getting a good banner out of this.

This is my ballot. 

These are my votes. Freyja is a favourite and the only unit in the top 8 I lack if I am not mistaken so supporting her seemed the natural choice. Seiros is fine so that's why I voted her one time only. I voted corrin to help her a bit as she is really fun to play with. Would have voted more Altina if people didn't vote her original alt that was given out last year. 

Edited by SuperNova125

If Freya gets into top 8 then I hope at least she gets top 4 in VG. Couldn't care if either Edelgard shares focus as they give high SP fodder. Will spark Seiros if she doesn't win the VG. I need a AR-O mythic with merges and this might be a good chance

Edited by redlight

My ballot went like this:

1. Harmonized!Veronica

2. Duo!Lyn

3. Seiros

4. L!Chrom

5. L!Corrin

6.Freyja

7. Duo!Lyn

I would have voted for more duos and harmonic heroes, but after the midterms I decided to only give votes to units in the top 8 that I don't have.  I personally hope the winner of this will be Duo!Lyn or Seiros since of the top 8 at midterms they are the two I would like to get the most.

Likely because of the recent earthquake in Japan, the results of the A Hero Rises poll are postponed until 2/18 at announcement time (7PM PST; 10PM EST). This can be seen on the Details page of the official site.

Edited by Roflolxp54

They finally showed who the top 8 units will be appearing in the the AHR VG.

Spoiler

It's a shame Chrom got knocked out of the top 8 but at least Duo Micaiah is there and if last year's VG is any indication Duo Lyn should be fighting B!Edelgard and should easily knock her out in the first round barring multiplier shenanigans.  I haven't decided who I will be supporting in the VG between Micaiah, Corrin and Serios yet.

Edited by NSSKG151

Very happy that both Duos who were just outside the top-8 in the midterms managed to squeeze in. Impressed that they even did so with ~1000 votes to spare, so it seems the more pragmatic voters have rallied a bit for them.

As for the VG, I'd be most happy with any of the Duos (and would have a hard time ranking them, happy with any ranged flier really), but of the others, I don't have any of them except Seiros, who is unmerged with a bad nature. So there's no result I'd be truly disappointed with.

Bruh, the worst Edelgard survived, the Legendary one would've been fine as she's quite rare and her triple Galeforce build is pretty fun to use but I guess people prefer the one that needs a skillset revamp to shine. Well, if she goes against Lynja then it doesn't matter as she'll be crushed by those that want one of the most OP units as of right now, who knows who it'll be in 3 months in the game. 

I'm still going to go with Freyja for selfish reasons (want pretty Goat) but I'll be fine with anyone that isn't B!Edelgard. I don't have Seiros/Corrin/Freyja so that's another new unit for my barracks, and the others are a free merge or a second B!Micaiah/Lynja for AR. 

Freyja all the way, I need goat lady. Happy with the results for the most part. Duo Michy and Byleth are an improvement. BEdelgard remaining while the other one got pushed is unfortunate as I think Legendary is more fun and she is limited. Al least if the VG is like last year then Lyn will easily take her down. The banner will be Seiros, Lyn and hopefully Byleth and Freyja to have all colours (I also have Dimitri and Michy isn't that unique and useful outside her duo skill which though busted isn't something I am too crazy about). 

Seeing CYL Edelgard in the top 8 makes me have some negative opinions regarding a certain portion of the playerbase since Legendary Edelgard didn't make top 8. Also a shame that Legendary Chrom didn't make top 8.

Ideally, I'd like to see the banner consist 4 of the following: Seiros, Duo Lyn, Duo Micaiah, Duo Byleth, or Freyja.

Guess we're getting a free dragon. Cool; glad I didn't pull for her. (I just remembered that only the winner of the VG is free.) I'll be supporting Dimitri since I want him, and a free L!Dimitri is nothing but good for me. Plus, I don't actually care about any of the others on a personal level. Lyn's cool, I guess, but not enough for me to want to collect her. If Dimitri loses, I guess I'll hop over from Team Blue Lion to Team Blue Dragon. If both lose... ... Uh... Lyn, I guess?

2 hours ago, Alexmender said:

Bruh, the worst Edelgard survived, the Legendary one would've been fine as she's quite rare and her triple Galeforce build is pretty fun to use but I guess people prefer the one that needs a skillset revamp to shine.

Not sure what you're talking about, but for the majority of the playerbase Brave Edelgard's base kit is incredible and a lot easier to use than Legendary's. The only "maybe" is replacing Distant Ward with Distant Counter, but even then she uses DW really well.

If it uses the same structure from last year... the AHR 2021 Voting Gauntlet will have:

In the Left Side:

• Seiros (1st) Vs Legendary Corrin (5th)
  • Freyja (4th) Vs Bride Micaiah (8th)

In the right side:

• Ninja Lyn (2nd) Vs Brave Edelgard (6th)
  • Legendary Dimitri (3nd) Vs Summer Byleth (7th)

Just to remember: the top 4 heroes FROM THE VOTING GAUNTLET are the ones that will have a banner, not the Top 4 in votes from the website. So basically the 4 winner of Round 1 are the ones in the banner.

7 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

If it uses the same structure from last year... the AHR 2021 Voting Gauntlet will have:

In the Left Side:

• Seiros (1st) Vs Legendary Corrin (5th)
  • Freyja (4th) Vs Bride Micaiah (8th)

In the right side:

• Ninja Lyn (2nd) Vs Brave Edelgard (6th)
  • Legendary Dimitri (3nd) Vs Summer Byleth (7th)

Just to remember: the top 4 heroes FROM THE VOTING GAUNTLET are the ones that will have a banner, not the Top 4 in votes from the website. So basically the 4 winner of Round 1 are the ones in the banner.

Lyn, Dimitri, and Freyja are the three I'm missing, so hopefully at least one of those wins their rounds. I'll plan on backing Lyn in the gauntlet, as expected.

I'm also missing Legendary Edelgard, who was the closest to making it in by only about 1000 votes. Unfortunate.

9 minutes ago, Othin said:

Lyn, Dimitri, and Freyja are the three I'm missing, so hopefully at least one of those wins their rounds. I'll plan on backing Lyn in the gauntlet, as expected.

I'm also missing Legendary Edelgard, who was the closest to making it in by only about 1000 votes. Unfortunate.

I am picking Lyn in round 1, even if the battles don't look like these I am predicting.

But if they do, I hope we can destroy Edelgard. It will be hard, but we can do it!