A Hero Rises 2021

XRay

A Hero Rises 2021 Poll  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Are you voting primarily for gameplay or favorites?

• For gameplay
    • Equally for gameplay and favorites
    • Leaning more for favorites
    • For favorites.
    • Leaning more for gameplay
  2. 2. What kind of Hero in terms of obtainability are you voting for?

• Grail Hero
    • Regular 3*/4* Hero (Former 5* exclusive Heroes are now in the "4*" pool.)
    • Regular 5* Exclusive Hero
    • Regular 4* Special Hero
    • Regular 5* Special Hero
    • Duo Special Hero (Ephraim: Dynastic Duo can go here I guess.)
    • Harmonic Special Hero
    • Water Legendary Hero
    • Earth Legendary Hero
    • Fire Legendary Hero
    • Wind Legendary Hero
    • Light Mythic Hero
    • Astra Mythic Hero
    • Dark Mythic Hero
    • Anima Mythic Hero
  3. 3. What is the primary purpose of the Hero you are voting for?

• Combat: Player Phase
    • Combat: Enemy Phase
    • Combat: Dual Phase (e.g.: Counter-Vantage units, units with dual phase guaranteed follow-up attacks)
    • Combat: Other
    • Support: Dancer/Singer
    • Support: Buffer
    • Support: Debuffer (e.g.: Aversa, Virion, AMH!Hector, Veld)
    • Support: Healer (e.g.: Eir, Reciprocal Aid users, staff units)
    • Support: Training (i.e.: Valor skills)
    • Support: Other
    • Scoring in Arena
    • Scoring in Aether Raids
    • Scoring in other modes

1 hour ago, LoneStar said:

The full results are out and there are some jarring choices in the top 100. Some of them I guess people want the wall paper like the Summer units, but then you have vanilla Lute at #29. I'm wondering if the Jorge hacker had anything to do with it, because IIRC they said they would try to get Lute high into CYL. And there's Kempf at #95, not going to lie saving some grails isn't too bad actually. I guess a set of people had the same idea of getting Kempf and Eliwood merges for AR.

I think people for Kempf wanted a grail unit on a summonable banner to see what would happen and thats who people rallied behind.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If by some miracle one of the grail units got into the top 8 and qualified to be on the banner, I wonder if it'd be our only shot at getting a grail unit with boons and banes. That'd be interesting.

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

If by some miracle one of the grail units got into the top 8 and qualified to be on the banner, I wonder if it'd be our only shot at getting a grail unit with boons and banes. That'd be interesting.

People can already get Grail units with boons and banes. You just have to pay the Trait Fruit tax to change them.

4 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

3 hours ago, NSSKG151 said:

People can already get Grail units with boons and banes. You just have to pay the Trait Fruit tax to change them.

Yeah. Grail units already can have traits. The thing that would be new is having a Grail unit in a banner for the first time.

Yeah, I already know that they can have boons and banes. What I meant to say was if it would've been the only opportunity to get a grail unit that just naturally comes with boons and banes without you having to use a trait fruit on them.

IS didn't release the matchups for the voting gauntlet, right?
It would be insane if the top4 included 3 units in the same color, like it can happen with colorless if the matchups allow. It would make getting 5* on that color really easy and with all 3 of them being good units, that would be one of the best 'orbs per unit' ration on banners in the game so far.

1 hour ago, Rinco said:

IS didn't release the matchups for the voting gauntlet, right?

Not yet, but they should on the 23rd (Tuesday). If they seed it like last year's, then should look like this:

[1] Seiros v. [5] F!Corrin and [4] Freyja v. [8] Micaiah on one side
[2] Lyn v. [6] Edelgard and [3] Dimitri v. [7] F!Byleth on the other side

So, triple colorless could happen if that's the seeding but it's fairly unlikely.

Spanner well and truly wedged.

nmqi9x7ie6j61.jpg

It's a case of the compromise bracket for my purposes. It's good that at least one Duo will make it into the banner, and good that one of Dimitri or Edelgard will be eliminated. On the other hand, odds are there'll be just the one Duo hero surviving, and at least one of those lords are guaranteed to be on it.

That said, the only pairing I have any real skin in is the first one, where I'd really want Micaiah to beat Seiros. The other three are not impactful in terms of my preferences.

Alright, IS definitely decided to go with this seeding (#1 v #8, #2 v #7, etc.) when they saw that it would lead to another Edelgard v Dimitri grudge match. 

They really wanted to crank the salt dial past its limits for this already high stakes VG, huh?

Okay, so, those I want to win round 1:

Seiros vs Miciah: Seiros.

Freyja vs Corrin: Indifferent.

Lyn vs Byleth: Lyn.

Dimitri vs Edelgard: Dimitri.

Obviously, I hope it comes down to Sieros vs Dimitri since that way I'm guaranteed a unit I want. I feel fortunate that the two I want the most (of these units) are on opposite sides of this VG.

My hopes for the top4 are:

Seiros vs Micaiah: Anyone
Corrin vs Freyja: Corrin
Lyn vs Byleth: Lyn
Dimitri vs Edel: Dimitri

Any of the first matchup would make the banner really good, but I'd like the overall winner to be from one of the other marchups. Lyn, Corrin or Dimitri would be more desirable to me.

The ones I'm missing are Lyn, Freyja, and Dimitri, so I'm glad none of them are against each other. Dimitri is the only one of the three I don't really care about, I'm planning to join team Lyn and to pick up one or both of her and Freyja if I can.

I’m so glad Corrin isn’t up against Seiros in the first round.  I have a strong feeling Seiros is going to win (though Duo Micaiah is one of the duos I want most). I like Freyja too, though I’m setting my heart on Corrin.

I’m indifferent about the characters on the other side, though I skew towards Duo Lyn and Edelgard.

Hmm... Lyn already looks to have a hard match up for the first round -- Byleth is a popular female character in her own right and it's her swimsuit variant paired with Rhea. Hope Lyn gets through the first round!

Freyja vs. Corrin: I want Freyja to win so that I could have a chance at a Light Mythic I don't already have. Sure, Freyja may be all-combat but she is part of the AR bonus rotation so I'd need her anyways.

Dimitri vs. Edelgard: I don't like seeing both of them in top 8 though I'd rather hope for Dimitri to be one of the top 4.

Seiros vs. Micaiah: I'd like Micaiah to win the round because of personal character bias though I wouldn't be too upset if Seiros makes top 4.

Edited by Roflolxp54

I am hoping either Lyn or Seiros win this since they are the two who I want most.  with these match ups I personally hope the banner is: Seiros, Lyn, Freyja and Dimitri.  Edelgard would be fodder for me and her fodder is the worst of the lot for me if she had DC instead of DW I would be fine with her winning this thing, but sadly that is not the case.