Jump to content
XRay

A Hero Rises 2021

A Hero Rises 2021 Poll  

49 members have voted

  1. 1. Are you voting primarily for gameplay or favorites?

    • For gameplay
    • Equally for gameplay and favorites
    • Leaning more for favorites
    • For favorites.
    • Leaning more for gameplay
  2. 2. What kind of Hero in terms of obtainability are you voting for?

    • Grail Hero
    • Regular 3*/4* Hero (Former 5* exclusive Heroes are now in the "4*" pool.)
    • Regular 5* Exclusive Hero
    • Regular 4* Special Hero
    • Regular 5* Special Hero
    • Duo Special Hero (Ephraim: Dynastic Duo can go here I guess.)
    • Harmonic Special Hero
    • Water Legendary Hero
    • Earth Legendary Hero
    • Fire Legendary Hero
    • Wind Legendary Hero
    • Light Mythic Hero
    • Astra Mythic Hero
    • Dark Mythic Hero
    • Anima Mythic Hero
  3. 3. What is the primary purpose of the Hero you are voting for?

    • Combat: Player Phase
    • Combat: Enemy Phase
    • Combat: Dual Phase (e.g.: Counter-Vantage units, units with dual phase guaranteed follow-up attacks)
    • Combat: Other
    • Support: Dancer/Singer
    • Support: Buffer
    • Support: Debuffer (e.g.: Aversa, Virion, AMH!Hector, Veld)
    • Support: Healer (e.g.: Eir, Reciprocal Aid users, staff units)
    • Support: Training (i.e.: Valor skills)
    • Support: Other
    • Scoring in Arena
    • Scoring in Aether Raids
    • Scoring in other modes


Recommended Posts

Hmm, if it pans out like that I'm not sure if it's good or bad. Good because it leaves open the possibility of all three Duos qualifying for the banner. Bad because of the possibility that none of them will. I'm thinking I'll get on whichever of Byleth or Micaiah looks a better chance of progressing after the first hour - I don't think my participation on team Lyn would be meaningful and it'd just amplify the salt if the upset were to happen. Mostly neutral on the dragon matchup, if I had to pick I guess Corrin would be new to me. I don't think that outcome really matters since if all the other duels went against my preferences, I'd probably spark Freyja over either dragon.

Tentative preference list:
Micaiah (more novel effect to try out, rare weapon type)
Lyn (more straightforward nuke)
Byleth (least interesting Duo effect)
Freyja (just rare type really, I actualy have no idea what her skills are)
Corrin (wrecks me in low-scoring arena)
Seiros (the speed boon on mine is irritating me)
Edelgard (probably to replace Grima in my armour team)
Dimitri (I think I'd struggle to use player phase melee infantry, besides I have a +2 Duo Ephraim in that role anyway)

Edited by Humanoid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Book Bro said:

Why are people hating on Edelgard fans when Dimitri is #3 and just as bad of a pick for this poll?

I think it has more to do with Dimitri being the legendary version and Edelgard being the brave version (which is more common than her legendary one, and could be picked up for free). If it was brave Dimitri vs. brave Edelgard than I guess the hate would probably go for both of them. Also, some people still couldn't let go of their love/hate of Edelgard, so there is that as well.

On the one hand I can 100% understand people not wanting brave Edelgard to be given out for free, when this is the only chance to get a more rare unit for free - be it a legendary, mythic or seasonal.
On the other hand, brave Edelgard is one of the strongest unit in the game currently, probably even more useful than her legendary alt. Well, for PvE anyways. So yeah, I don't think she necessarily deserves the hate.

For me, I don't want either of them to win - I have both anyways, and I don't really use either. I would like to get Freyja. I know she won't win, but I'll support her as long as possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

If it uses the same structure from last year... the AHR 2021 Voting Gauntlet will have:

In the Left Side:

  • Seiros (1st) Vs Legendary Corrin (5th)
  • Freyja (4th) Vs Bride Micaiah (8th)

In the right side:

  • Ninja Lyn (2nd) Vs Brave Edelgard (6th)
  • Legendary Dimitri (3nd) Vs Summer Byleth (7th)

Just to remember: the top 4 heroes FROM THE VOTING GAUNTLET are the ones that will have a banner, not the Top 4 in votes from the website. So basically the 4 winner of Round 1 are the ones in the banner.

I really hope it won’t be Seiros vs. Child of Dusk Corrin, because from the looks of the results. Seiros will win. 😞 I’ve been trying to get this Corrin since I started playing (which was just before or after she was released.) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well in the VG I will go with whoever is against B!Edelgard because I have her and I don't want another free copy (I took her as the spark).  For me I will take anyone who isn't B!Edelgard, but I hope Duo!Lyn or Seiros win this since they are the two I want the most.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Book Bro said:

Why are people hating on Edelgard fans when Dimitri is #3 and just as bad of a pick for this poll?

That Dimitri is at least a legendary (hence, harder to get). People would've been happy enough with legendary Edelgard. I can understand that yeah, people with Brave Edelgard want merges of her, but considering that people could've gotten her for free already, will certainly appear on a banner with elevated rates at some point in the future, and is in the regular pool, that's why people are crankier about her being here. Everyone else is a mythic or a seasonal duo. As in, not in the main pool and you can't spark for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I currently don't have 5 out of the 8 units, so I'd be fine with getting any of them. Of the ones I do have, Lyn is the one I'm most interested in merging, plus favorite character bias. I'm starting off on Lyn's team in the gauntlet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seiros is far and away who I hope wins this, I tried so hard to get her and couldn’t wing it. Freyja and Corrin I’m also missing so would definitely be pleased with. Dimitri I do have, but with bad IVs so a merge would be helpful. Alternatively I maybe would fodder his Odd Tempest and Sturdy Impact. 

Who I don’t want:

Duo Byleth and Duo Lyn, already got ‘em, both with +Atk, and don’t need another. 

Brave Edelgard I have at +1 +Def and don’t need another. 

Micaiah I would have wanted to win the whole gauntlet until only recently, after pulling her for the 4th anniversary free pull lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unpopular take about brave units and  general pool units: They actually can be harder to get than legendary banner units. How many pity break units are there? Its a pretty decently sized pool and you have to hope you get one of the ones you want. You have so many other potential other pity break and the actual banner 5 stars of the the color your hoping for.  I know a lot of people with white whale units in the general pool who they haven't ever pulled despite being in the game for years.

I understand that people who summon far far more than me are probably going to run into units in the general pool alot and there are some people who summon about the same or even less than me might have seen a unit more often. But rng varies wildly from person to person so I don't think its exactly helpful to use bigger budgets or personally seeing a unit more than other general pool options as arguments against heroes.  This is supposed to be a community thing so I am not a fan of thinking everyone has got the same luck. And its not like any of the top 8 units are bad or everyone pulled the same way for there free summon in CyL.

Don't get me wrong I do think there is merit in voting for Legenadry/Mythics/Duo/Harmonics as they have their own challenges in acquiring. I just think people put slightly unfair views on general pool units. Just because their in the general pool doesn't mean people have pulled them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, vikingsfan92 said:

Unpopular take about brave units and  general pool units: They actually can be harder to get than legendary banner units.

The only advantage of Legendary Heroes is the fact that they're guaranteed to get a banner every few months, whereas units in the standard pool are not guaranteed to get banners.

When a unit in the standard pool has a banner, though, the chance of pulling a copy is higher than that of a Legendary Hero. On a 3-character banner, which is the most common format for reruns, a focus character has approximately a 4% summon rate, whereas a Legendary Hero only has a 2.7% summon rate on their banners.

 

2 hours ago, vikingsfan92 said:

How many pity break units are there?

There is zero reason to ever hope for a unit to come from the pity break pool. Ever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

When a unit in the standard pool has a banner, though, the chance of pulling a copy is higher than that of a Legendary Hero. On a 3-character banner, which is the most common format for reruns, a focus character has approximately a 4% summon rate, whereas a Legendary Hero only has a 2.7% summon rate on their banners.

Sure but as we all know timing of the banner matters alot and at least seaonals and Legendaries can be better planned around because they are more structured and on fixed schedules. I mean look at right now or the last couple of weeks the upcoming hero rises banner (which is going to be great even if a brave unit gets in),  an upcoming double special heroes banner, we just finished hero fest, the anniversary banner, ect. Sure this might be one of the more busy months but just because the rerun banners exist doesn't mean the timing of the hero you are  hoping for matches up with your ability to go for a unit because of another banner you were also looking forward to. And thats not even touching the issue of going for an additional +1 vs a really good skill fodder to upgrade what you have.

I also feel like that the vast majority of players have more than one hero they really really like and want to target when it becomes an option.  Say the next banner has base Charlotte on it ( I picked her as she is common hero people are asking for imo) and at the same time some one of their hero targets comes back.  If someone was looking forward to both that's really bad timing on the rerun for that player. I don't think this an entirely too uncommon event either when we take into account that people typically have multiple target units and new skills to upgrade there existing targets come out alot.  IS very much wants the game to be as it encourages spending to get the units they want so it happens deliberately all the time.

 

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

There is zero reason to ever hope for a unit to come from the pity break pool. Ever.

Part of my point tbh as to why I don't think its an issue to want a general pool unit.  People point out that its a good thing in favor of general pool units that they can pity break you which I do agree with to some extent. I just don't think happens enough to be super worth mentioning as it doesn't happen with enough frequency especially when lower budget players are taken into account.  Both the general pool and the mythic/Legends pools have pros and cons.  The main pro of legendary mythic banners being the fact you know in advanced when to save up for them. And when taken into account I personally feel like its not a given for either side nearly as much as claimed because the reliability of knowing when it is happening is bigger than people give it credit for imo. Also missing tends to feel a little better on those banners too as what you get on miss is better than a general pool miss as they tend to make the legendary/mythic banners stacked.

 

I think its more important that the unit is good over what pool they are in. All summoning pools have issues and I just think the normal pool isn't as issue free as is sometimes portrayed simple as that.

On 2/15/2021 at 1:52 PM, Sunwoo said:

Everyone else is a mythic or a seasonal duo. As in, not in the main pool and you can't spark for them.

Depends on what Direction future legendary hero remix banners go this is almost certainly changing at least for the legionaries. I could see them sprinkling in a newer legendary or two to make them more enticing.  Probably not the newest of new stuff but I don't think we are going to see an endless cycle of the originals either so its likely that they will become sparkable in the future. Granted it may take a bit to get to the hero rises voted ones because there are plenty of older legends but it will happen as long they don't abandon the remix banners.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vikingsfan92 said:

Sure but as we all know timing of the banner matters alot and at least seaonals and Legendaries can be better planned around because they are more structured and on fixed schedules. I mean look at right now or the last couple of weeks the upcoming hero rises banner (which is going to be great even if a brave unit gets in),  an upcoming double special heroes banner, we just finished hero fest, the anniversary banner, ect. Sure this might be one of the more busy months but just because the rerun banners exist doesn't mean the timing of the hero you are  hoping for matches up with your ability to go for a unit because of another banner you were also looking forward to. And thats not even touching the issue of going for an additional +1 vs a really good skill fodder to upgrade what you have.

I also feel like that the vast majority of players have more than one hero they really really like and want to target when it becomes an option.  Say the next banner has base Charlotte on it ( I picked her as she is common hero people are asking for imo) and at the same time some one of their hero targets comes back.  If someone was looking forward to both that's really bad timing on the rerun for that player. I don't think this an entirely too uncommon event either when we take into account that people typically have multiple target units and new skills to upgrade there existing targets come out alot.  IS very much wants the game to be as it encourages spending to get the units they want so it happens deliberately all the time.

There is nothing stopping a Legendary Hero and a unit in the standard pool having banners close to each other, either. Any argument you can make about bad timing can happen with any unit. The only way to avoid being blindsided by two units you want having banners close to each other is if the only units you want are Legendary/Mythic Heroes, and that's an unrealistic expectation.

Also of note, the only units in the standard pool that made it into the top 20 are CYL units, which do get a guaranteed rerun on a predictable schedule (granted, they only have a ~3% summon rate on the predictable banner) and also appear more frequently than other units in other banners.

 

1 hour ago, vikingsfan92 said:

Part of my point tbh as to why I don't think its an issue to want a general pool unit.  People point out that its a good thing in favor of general pool units that they can pity break you which I do agree with to some extent. I just don't think happens enough to be super worth mentioning as it doesn't happen with enough frequency especially when lower budget players are taken into account.

If it doesn't happen enough to be worth mentioning it, then it shouldn't be worth mentioning it as part of the point as to why you don't think it's an issue to want a unit from the standard pool. You can't have it both ways.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly I think we simply disagree and don't see eye to eye on it. 

18 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

If it doesn't happen enough to be worth mentioning it, then it shouldn't be worth mentioning it as part of the point as to why you don't think it's an issue to want a unit from the standard pool. You can't have it both ways.

Thing is it touches upon a larger point: Money. Most people who make points complaining about being pity broke are usually people who summon more in general because they actually put funds in and actually experience it. Keep in mind sometimes the rng of getting 5*s in general can be very very bad so alot of people wish they had the luxury of complaining about being pity broken. I don't think we can expect the people who spending habits differ wildly in term of FEH to come to agreement on things as both perspectives are different.  Which is why I think the only concern should be is how good the units are.   All 8 units in the voting gauntlet are great and thats what truly matters.

 

18 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

There is nothing stopping a Legendary Hero and a unit in the standard pool having banners close to each other, either. Any argument you can make about bad timing can happen with any unit. The only way to avoid being blindsided by two units you want having banners close to each other is if the only units you want are Legendary/Mythic Heroes, and that's an unrealistic expectation.

Sure thats true but you can more reliably know months in advanced when the next time Legendary hero x comes back in focus as they officially put out the next time they are coming back pretty much as the banner is running if not before.  It doesn't feel as bad if you know pretty much the exact date of your next chance at them. 

I also think going forward for next year and years beyond that Legendaries and Mythics have a good chance of falling off a bit or even alot from AHR thanks to Legendary hero remixes. Given that they are sparkable alternative way to be summonable to the normal Legendary banners that still will exist. Granted newer Legends may take a while to get into the remixes but we are going to see them in there at some point down the road. They are going to put some newish legends into spice up the remix banners to entice people imo as I don't think they can do endless loops of the originals. Unless they totally abandon the remix banners for some reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, vikingsfan92 said:

All 8 units in the voting gauntlet are great and thats what truly matters.

What truly matters is that people get a unit they want. If someone already has a unit and they don't particularly care about another copy of them, it doesn't matter how good they are. And I think we can safely say the number of players who already have Brave Edelgard is far higher than any of the other Top 8 units.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Othin said:

What truly matters is that people get a unit they want. If someone already has a unit and they don't particularly care about another copy of them, it doesn't matter how good they are. And I think we can safely say the number of players who already have Brave Edelgard is far higher than any of the other Top 8 units.

What people want widely widely varies from person to person. So yeah that argument doesn't work because it devolves into people arguing their needs/want are more important than someone else's needs/wants. Which tend to be some of the ugliest of the ugly arguments you can get in to be honest as they don't have a clear endpoint. Also if one really wants to you could make arguments against literally every unit in the top 20+ being there because worthiness to be on the list is subjective topic that is going to vary from person to person.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, vikingsfan92 said:

What people want widely widely varies from person to person. So yeah that argument doesn't work because it devolves into people arguing their needs/want are more important than someone else's needs/wants. Which tend to be some of the ugliest of the ugly arguments you can get in to be honest as they don't have a clear endpoint. Also if one really wants to you could make arguments against literally every unit in the top 20+ being there because worthiness to be on the list is subjective topic that is going to vary from person to person.

I'm not raising the question of which needs are more important. I'm just stating two facts:

  1. More people have Brave Edelgard than the other units.
  2. People tend to be more interested in receiving a free copy of a unit they don't already have.

Do you disagree with either of them?

Edited by Othin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Othin said:

I'm not raising the question of which needs are more important. I'm just stating two facts:

  1. More people have Brave Edelgard than the other units.
  2. People tend to be more interested in receiving a free copy of a unit they don't already have.

Do you disagree with either of them?

Point 1 I don't think is a given as much as people think. There are people who pulled for Claude, Dimtri and Lysethia and focused more on the other colors regardless of strength.  I do think this is by far the more arguable point of the two you are presenting just think that it is slightly closer than most other people seem to think it is. I fully acknowledge that I am probably in the minority here.

Point 2 merges can in fact be more useful to people than single copies.  I think we can all agree that there are a lot people who wouldn't want to use a particular unit in the top 20.  Either out of lack of interest in the character or they feel like they some one that can fill that role already.  If a player is already satisfied with there existing synergies in a team or groups of teams there is no real reason to force something new in for the sake of newness.  In that spot a merge for more spots is way more useful than the new unit. 

And in some cases even can be useful to get multiple high merge copies of a unit. I would argue the duo heroes and other non-legendary mythic options (even the ones in the general pool) in the top 20 would be useful to have 2 or more + 10 copies of because of the ability to use them in multiple seasons. Duo Micaiah, Brave Edelgard, Brave Claude, Brave Dimtri, Duo Byleth, Duo Peony, Harmonic Altina, ect. I can see people wanting on both Aether raids or Arena seasons because of their unique offerings. Heck even a single extra copy could let someone go a light version and astra version for someone who doesn't have a merge and just one copy of any of the above. Its not like the only options are merge and fodder.

 

 

Edited by vikingsfan92

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Othin said:

I'm not raising the question of which needs are more important. I'm just stating two facts:

  1. More people have Brave Edelgard than the other units.
  2. People tend to be more interested in receiving a free copy of a unit they don't already have.

Do you disagree with either of them?

Just one data point, but would agree with @vikingsfan92 at least on point (1) in my actual experience, considering I intentionally sparked for Brave Claude on that Brave Banner more out of wyvern bias, and haven't had the chance to obtain B!Edelgard since then. She's since then dominated the meta in many respects, so it feels pretty natural to want to grab her (+ merges) in hindsight. 

honestly i hope she's the free fighter, there's no one else in the AHR list that I am rooting for as much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, kradeelav said:

Just one data point, but would agree with @vikingsfan92 at least on point (1) in my actual experience, considering I intentionally sparked for Brave Claude on that Brave Banner more out of wyvern bias, and haven't had the chance to obtain B!Edelgard since then. She's since then dominated the meta in many respects, so it feels pretty natural to want to grab her (+ merges) in hindsight. 

honestly i hope she's the free fighter, there's no one else in the AHR list that I am rooting for as much.

We'd need some sort of survey for full data, but I don't think we need confirmation to be able to safely say that a main-pool unit who 1/4 of the players could pick free, and was available for a spark, and is very clearly powerful and desirable, is owned by more players than even some similarly strong limited-pool units. Especially when she was one of the top units on the tap rankings.

Edited by Othin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The banner being multi-sparkable did make a decent difference in helping people get her, but then we didn't get much advance notice about that possibility so a lot of people probably only had the orbs to spark once. I was in that boat and decided to spark Claude, in addition to getting the freebie Dimitri, mostly because they weren't armours. Sadly I got zero focus units from actual pulls.

That CYL wasn't rerun on the anniversary this year doesn't help matters. Golden Week perhaps? I won't be around by then, but hopefully that helps people.

 

P.S. Looking at the amount of times each unit has been run, has CYL Dimitri seriously never been re-run since his launch banner? With Lysithea appearing now it would mean he's the only one without a re-run thus far. Legendaries Edelgard and Chrom in 9th and 10th spot have appeared three times so even though Legendaries are harder to get, I don't think it's a big deal that CYL Edelgard got in ahead of them. Getting in ahead of CYL Dimitri is unfortunate but then surely he's scheduled for a re-run sooner rather than later. So with the next best placed character that I'd genuinely want to replace Edelgard in the VG being in 12th place (Duo Sigurd), the ideal outcome was so far away that I can't be justifiably upset about it and consequently I have no strong opinion on the matter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

P.S. Looking at the amount of times each unit has been run, has CYL Dimitri seriously never been re-run since his launch banner?

He was on Legendary Lilina's banner along with CYL Edelgard and CYL Claude.

For some reason, Gamepedia has regular Dimitri listed as being on that banner even though one look at the banner image shows CYL Dimitri instead.

Spoiler

640?cb=20201225150028

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

He was on Legendary Lilina's banner along with CYL Edelgard and CYL Claude.

For some reason, Gamepedia has regular Dimitri listed as being on that banner even though one look at the banner image shows CYL Dimitri instead.

  Hide contents

640?cb=20201225150028

 

Hmm, yeah, I was looking at their Summoning Banner Archive but have noted some unreliability in the past, outright missing a few banners altogether. Good to know there's parity then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The full results are out and there are some jarring choices in the top 100. Some of them I guess people want the wall paper like the Summer units, but then you have vanilla Lute at #29. I'm wondering if the Jorge hacker had anything to do with it, because IIRC they said they would try to get Lute high into CYL. And there's Kempf at #95, not going to lie saving some grails isn't too bad actually. I guess a set of people had the same idea of getting Kempf and Eliwood merges for AR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...