Remixed Legendary Heroes: New Skills Speculation!

Diovani Bressan

For Lyn and laws of sacea if they are going to keep it to enemy phase I think it would be nice if they built in a close counter aspect or something like that because if you are going to have an enemy phase skill as an archer might as well make it work on the most things you can.The tried and true traditional fire emblem game solution to archers still works run up to them and hit them in melee range. And a lot of maps are setup so you get hit in the face by both ranged and melee units at the same time.  Without some sort of close counter aspect I fear Laws of sacea will still be extremely hard to setup on a lot of maps as a ranged unit. Maybe it can work out without it but Enemy phase alone makes it skill that is harder to work with so might as well make it work more in the only phase you can use it in.

Not sure it will happen though as dc and close counters are something they might not be willing to give units.

Edited by vikingsfan92

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Instead of having Lyn's enemy phase trying to be generalist, which she may not have the stats to pull off, I would like to see 100% Vantage like Young Caeda has, but against magical damage maybe?

EDIT: Would definitely love to see Azura and Naga get something for the A-slot that's useful generally instead of just for specific modes.

Edited by Humanoid

7 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Literally just the exact same thing as I gave to Solar Brace. I like my related skills to be consistent.

Would Spurn be a good choice instead of Wrath though, considering she has the Speed for it? I hope they drop the Cooldown penalty too. Considering how broken current Prfs are I think she's more than earned it.

7 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

For Mythics, I think the first four could be argued for getting buffs (Eir, Duma, Yune, and Naga). The rest are fine as is for now.

I think they'll probably show up next year, but you're right. Naga especially needs the help: even adding Iote's Shield to Divine Fang would do wonders.

2 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Would Spurn be a good choice instead of Wrath though, considering she has the Speed for it?

Spurn doesn't have the cooldown reduction that Wrath does, and the cooldown reduction is the only part of Wrath that I'm giving the skill. I'm basically just adding "Solo Pulse" to the skill.

2 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

I hope they drop the Cooldown penalty too. Considering how broken current Prfs are I think she's more than earned it.

The cooldown penalty on Lunar Brace makes sense, though, since Solar Brace adds Noontime (a 2-cooldown Special), whereas Lunar Brace adds Luna (a 3-cooldown Special).

I would change Laws of Sacae to an unconditional Close Counter and +6 to all stats and even then I'm not sure that would fix Lyn. Maybe add guard or breath effect on top of it essentially making it just a really good stance skill?

For Hector, it seems like they were going for a unit who could work well on mixed teams and not just in an armor emblem. So I would change Ostian Pulse to something like "At the start of the turn 1, grants Special cooldown count-1 to all allies. If unit is not adjacent to an armored ally, unit can move 1 extra space and inflicts Atk/Def -4 on foes within two spaces during combat."

Basically just packing an unconditional infantry pulse, more lenient armor stride, and atk/def rein all in one skill. Not a bad upgrade I think while still encouraging using him in a mixed team.

As for his other skill, upgrading DC to Ostian Counter would make sense but I doubt that would happen. Maybe Vengeful Fighter to Crafty Fighter? It'd be more of a sidegrade than upgrade but I don't think that's bad.

Edited by NegativeExponents-

On 2/5/2021 at 5:34 AM, Ice Dragon said:

The cooldown penalty on Lunar Brace makes sense, though, since Solar Brace adds Noontime (a 2-cooldown Special), whereas Lunar Brace adds Luna (a 3-cooldown Special).

That's fair, sometimes I think Lunar Brace adds Moonbow for some reason. Still, "fair" doesn't really amount to much these days, does it? Do you think the penalty should be kept or does it hold her back from competing with everyone else?

4 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

That's fair, sometimes I think Lunar Brace adds Moonbow for some reason. Still, "fair" doesn't really amount to much these days, does it? Do you think the penalty should be kept or does it hold her back from competing with everyone else?

Her weapon gives her a Blade effect to counteract the increased cooldown, which balances it out, and because she can't run Desperation at the same time, the only time she'll be unable to land a Special on her follow-up is if the opponent can't counterattack, which is the same situation as if she didn't have the Blade effect on her weapon and didn't have the increased cooldown from Lunar Brace.

As it is right now, I think it's fine since that's a weakness that's shared with many units, but as we continue to get new units with Slaying weapons and/or some other form of Special cooldown acceleration, I think adding "Solo Pulse" to Lunar Brace should help her keep up in that regard.

12 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Her weapon gives her a Blade effect to counteract the increased cooldown, which balances it out, and because she can't run Desperation at the same time, the only time she'll be unable to land a Special on her follow-up is if the opponent can't counterattack, which is the same situation as if she didn't have the Blade effect on her weapon and didn't have the increased cooldown from Lunar Brace.

As it is right now, I think it's fine since that's a weakness that's shared with many units, but as we continue to get new units with Slaying weapons and/or some other form of Special cooldown acceleration, I think adding "Solo Pulse" to Lunar Brace should help her keep up in that regard.

When you put it that way...so the penalty and Solo Pulse would cancel out, right? Unfortunately Lunar Brace as is means she can only run 2-turn Specials to be able to proc them reliably, but a Pulse/ Wrath effect could help with that (e.g. for her running Luna for a full 100% Def reduction).

My Ephraim already has Atk/Def Solo 3...I hope they give us something else. I would be happy only if they give us the 4 version, and I think they will because both Fjorn and Ike got premium skills  (+1 to each of these stat... still poor but I wont complain with Atk/Def solo 4). He also has Rouse Atk/Def 3 so...

I think they can give the legendary heroes every single and random skill since L!Ike had Tactic Def and received something totally diferent focused on Res. If im not wrong...

Just give Ephraim Atk/Def Solo 4 and Eirika Atk/Spd SOlo 4 or Def/Spd Solo 4 and good effects to their Braces (I liked that one where Ephraim has no CD on his Solar Brace).

Edited by Aethernal LUX

2 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Maybe Ephraim gets a increase from 30% to 50% in his healing? And maybe another effect, but I have no idea.

If Solar Brace II gets its recovery increased to 50%, I highly doubt there will be an additional effect. With 50% recovery, it would be possible for Ephraim to get a 3-cooldown Aether with his B slot as the only cost.

The only units currently capable of getting a 3-cooldown Aether are Legendary Ike and Valentine Ike, but both of them need to sacrifice their weapon slots for Slaying Edge in order to do so.

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

What do you all think of these suggestions (for Ryoma, Eirika, Gunnthra and Lyn)?

Too many effects.

For context, the only change to Radiant Aether II was the addition of "Quickened Pulse 2", and the change to Ice Mirror II was a numeric boost to an existing effect and its other effect traded in for a more consistent effect.

I wouldn't expect to get quite that many additional effects on each of these skills.

Of particular note:

I doubt Lunar Brace II will get both Lull Atk/Spd 3 and have its Special cooldown penalty removed. Removing the Special cooldown penalty has the same problem as the problem mentioned above for Solar Brace, but even more absurd: It would give Eirika the option of a 3-cooldown Aether, a 2-cooldown Black Luna, or a 3-cooldown 100% defense pierce. And unlike Flame Siegmund, Storm Sieglinde has built-in Special acceleration in the form of a Blade effect, which lets her land a 3-cooldown Special on her follow-up if the opponent can counterattack.

Close Counter is honestly wasted on Laws of Sacae II. There's been just way too much Atk creep and way too many units with guaranteed follow-ups for Close Counter to be of any use on her. With the suggested skill effects and no skills other than their default weapons and passive A skills, Lyn would have only 36 HP, 49 Spd, and 29 Def compared to Shinon's 40 HP, 47 Spd, and 39 Def. If Lyn is getting a buff to do Shinon's job, she'd better actually be comparable to him.

On the subject of Lyn, if we're going to be giving Laws of Sacae II two extra effects, I'd rather them double down on her role as a ranged tank and give it Blood Tome's damage reduction effect and either Null C-Disrupt or Dull Ranged (so that I can use the other in her passive B slot).

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Too many effects.

For context, the only change to Radiant Aether II was the addition of "Quickened Pulse 2", and the change to Ice Mirror II was a numeric boost to an existing effect and its other effect traded in for a more consistent effect.

That's fair. I wonder if this will turn out like regular weapon refines though, where they started out pretty tame but we started to get some insane ones here and there as time went on. Hmm...

Thanks for the feedback yet again!

5 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

What do you all think of these suggestions (for Ryoma, Eirika, Gunnthra and Lyn)?

I like most of Lyn's. I'd change the "if foe initiates combat" part and switch it to a different requirement that isn't enemy phase-only, and I'd add an effect of color advantage over colorless foes.

1 hour ago, Mercakete said:

So...did anyone besides Ike and Fjorm actually get upgrades this time around?

No. It seems like they're doing two upgrades per Remix banner.

From what we know about the Remix Banners, and the return of Legendary Heroes:

Looks like the remix banners will be every 2 months. However, the next one will be in 3 months. I think they did this to not have both Remix and Double Special in the same month, like how will happen this time.

The reruns of Legendary Heroes are:

• May: Robin (aka Grima);
  • July: Fjorm, Ike and Lyn;
  • September: Hector.

Gunnthrá, Ephraim and Ryoma were not scheduled to any of these banner. However, I think they will appear in May's banner, alongside Grima... so May's Banner would have one Legendary for each color, and would have the Remix Treatment to Gunnthrá and Ephraim.

@Othin and I discussed about this in the General thread: we expect Grima to appear in all Remix banners, since she is the only colorless legendary hero we have there, so she could get her remix in July alongside Lyn. Then Ryoma appears in May, to return again in September and get his remix alongside Hector.

Then, maybe until November, which I expect to be the banner after September, we get the rest of Book 2 Legendary Heroes, so September could be Lucina and Marth.

On 2/13/2021 at 4:06 AM, Diovani Bressan said:

From what we know about the Remix Banners, and the return of Legendary Heroes:

Looks like the remix banners will be every 2 months. However, the next one will be in 3 months. I think they did this to not have both Remix and Double Special in the same month, like how will happen this time.

The reruns of Legendary Heroes are:

• May: Robin (aka Grima);
  • July: Fjorm, Ike and Lyn;
  • September: Hector.

Gunnthrá, Ephraim and Ryoma were not scheduled to any of these banner. However, I think they will appear in May's banner, alongside Grima... so May's Banner would have one Legendary for each color, and would have the Remix Treatment to Gunnthrá and Ephraim.

@Othin and I discussed about this in the General thread: we expect Grima to appear in all Remix banners, since she is the only colorless legendary hero we have there, so she could get her remix in July alongside Lyn. Then Ryoma appears in May, to return again in September and get his remix alongside Hector.

Then, maybe until November, which I expect to be the banner after September, we get the rest of Book 2 Legendary Heroes, so September could be Lucina and Marth.

Looks like I'll be summoning for Legendary Ephraim next time. I hope he shares with a good blue unit...and that I get him quickly; my orbs tend to be reserved for special heroes, sometimes legendary/mythic banners, and always for Griel's Mercenaries (so, just Boyd and Elena now.) Oh, also Fallen heroes. Anyway, looking forward to his and Gunnthra's remixes! And Hector's, later on.

@Othin

Thanks!

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Seems like Legendary Azura is most likely going to get B Duel Flying 4 as her non-exclusive skill upgrade whenever they get around to her on the list.

Yeah. I am thinking about that too. It Will be only a improvement from 170 to 175, but still... Extra stats too I guess.

Also, I was thinking she could get a more powerful buffing skill for C slot. It's been 2+ years since Hone Atk 4 gave us the ability of buffing +7, so wouldn't be surprising to get a +8 buffing skill this year. I mean, +8 is already possible if you use Harsh Command+ in an unit that was affected by a max level shrine in AR.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm guessing someone might have talked about this, but the Legendary Hero Remix might be a good way to introduce new or tier 4 version of skills. It came to mind for me when Erinys showed up with B Duel Flying 4 which legendary Azura being given would make sense had Erinys or anyone until legendary Azura's remix not introduced it. That said, I think most of the legendary heroes in this line-up, up to legendary Hector, already have skills with tier 4 versions already which is fine as it would mean more sources of those skills at tier 4. Or they could pull a vanguard Ike and "replace" one of their default skills which for him, Joint Drive Res was introduced by CYL Edelgard and also found on Guinevere and Sara.

Fjorm and vanguard Ike were the first of the remix, but I'd like to entertain the idea of what if.

Fjorm has Ice Mirror, Atk/Def Bond 3, Shield Pulse 3, and Drive Atk 2.

Spoiler

Ice Mirror is her only exclusive skill and it was given an upgrade with Ice Mirror II.

Atk/Def Bond 4 and Atk/Def Unity were introduced by ballroom Quan and CYL Dimitri, respectively, to which she got Atk/Def Unity.

Shield Pulse 4 does not exist and Fjorm through a remix or legendary F!Corrin could have introduced it.

Joint Drive Atk was introduced by Lilith and also found on M!Kris, legendary F!Corrin, and New Year's Peony & Triandra. Drive Atk 3 doesn't exist and whether or not it should is up to the developers. It would have to be +3 spaces or something.

Between Atk/Def Unity and the introduction of Shield Pulse 4 or Joint Drive Atk, Atk/Def Unity was probably the best tier 4 skill upgrade they could have given her. Joint Drive Atk is good, but Atk/Def Unity really helps her out and Shield Pulse 4 would have to be something crazy, but even then, I feel like legendary F!Corrin should have been the one to introduce it since Negating Fang works against all ranges, whether her foe is adjacent to her or within 2 spaces of her, so even more damage reduced or a Special Spiral effect would have been wild.

Vanguard Ike has Radiant Aether, Warding Breath, Seal Atk/Def 2, and Def Tactic 3.

Spoiler

Radiant Aether is his only exclusive skill that ended up being shared by his Greil's Devoted self and berserk self. It was given an upgrade to make it more distinct where Radiant Aether II has a Quickened Pulse 2 effect.

Warding Breath 2 does not exist and would be odd. I think stuff like this could happen with branched off and not numbered, non-exclusive skills having a higher tier version introduced but I'm not sure -- imagine a Unity 2 skill. I guess they could introduce dual Breath skills, for example, Mirror Breath: "If foe initiates combat, grants Atk/Res+4 during combat and Special cooldown charge +1 per attack. (Only highest value applied. Does not stack.)" The alternative to this would be to give him a tier 4 stance and that would go against him having his own Breath effect to charge Radiant Aether. With Radiant Aether II, it would have been like before, but he has a Guard effect instead of a Breath effect.

Seal Atk/Def 3, anyone? No? Cool, moving on.

Def Tactic 4 does not exist nor do dual Tactics. What they would do aside from relaxed team restrictions for a single stat tier 4 Tactic is a mystery.

Interestingly enough, any upgrade to vanguard Ike's default skills would have introduced a new, tier 4 version that nobody has. Instead, he was given Joint Drive Res. Being given Joint Drive Res is interesting as it means vanguard Ike is currently the only unit with two passives of the same slot; he has two C passives. They could have been more daring, though, with the idea of a dual Breath, introducing Quick Riposte 4 at this point, or giving him Mystic Boost, Null Follow-Up, or even Special Spiral to replace his default B passive. Seal Atk/Def 3 probably would have killed him. Nobody wants that.

Gunnthra has Glacies, Fortress Res 3, Chilling Seal, and Res Ploy 3.

Spoiler

So far, Blue Flame, Ruptured Sky, and Deadeye are the only inheritable new specials. Blue Flame builds off of Bonfire and was introduced and only found on Owain, Ruptured Sky builds off of Draconic Aura and was introduced by the Byleths and also found only on the Byleths, all three of them, and Deadeye builds off of Glimmer and was introduced by Shinon. To cut this short, it would be possible for there to be an inheritable special that builds off from Glacies or any other special for that matter.

Fortress Res 4 or Fortress Def 4 do not exist, but they would probably pale in comparison to Fortress Def/Res 3. Kliff introduced Fortress Def/Res 3 and it is also found on Idunn, Mirabilis, and Gatrie.

Chilling Seal is her only exclusive skill, so it would likely be given a II version. It's entirely possible for them not to remix a legendary heroe's only exclusive skill, but some of them aren't that great or even bad compared to other skills or similar effects on another unit's weapon or compared to another unit's similar exclusive skill.

Neither tier 4 Ploys nor dual Ploys exist as inheritable skills. Dual Ploys are found on prf weapons, though, as Arvis's unrefined Valflame and Saias's unrefined Wargod's Tome have Atk/Res Ploy and Katarina's refined Reese's Tome has Spd/Res Ploy.

Legendary Ephraim has Sol, Sturdy Stance 2, Solar Brace, and Fortify Def 3.

Spoiler

Aether builds off from Luna or Sol, so there's that. There has yet to be an inheritable, shorter cooldown version that builds off from Moonbow or Noontime, though. Might defeat the purpose of Sirius being Sothis's exclusive special or being worse than Radiant/Mayhem Aether or Sirius.

Sturdy Stance 3 was introduced by spring Idunn & Fae and also found on Halloween Dheginsea. Sturdy Breath could work, though, but perhaps giving him Atk/Def Solo 4 might be a better idea. A Solo version of Unity did come to mind, though, and that could be an interesting thing. Might be best to have that work for when Flame Siegmund eventually becomes available for refining.

Solar Brace is his only exclusive skill, so it would likely be given a II version.

Fortify Def 4 was introduced by summer Joshua and Joint Fortify Hone Def was introduced by Forsyth and also found on legendary Seliph. We have yet to see dual Hones or Fortifies, though.

F!Grima has Bonfire, Dragonskin, Cancel Affinity 3, and Res Smoke 3.

Spoiler

I guess they could give her Blue Flame because why not. It would have to be in addition to whatever happens to her B or C passive, though, since only Blue Flame and whatever happens to Dragonskin wouldn't be great. Otherwise, a new inheritable special that builds off of Bonfire could be interesting.

Dragonskin is her only exclusive skill and it has been overshadowed several times including by herself; Dragonskin is Iote's Shield and Bracing Stance 2. Altina's Ashera's Chosen has Atk/Def Solo 3 that also works if she is adjacent to beast or dragon allies, Mininerva's Dragoon Shield grants her Atk/Spd/Def+3, and Halloween F!Grima has Dragonscale which inflicts Atk/Def-6 and grants her special cooldown charge +1 per her foe's attack, a Breath effect, if her foe initiates or if her foe's HP is at 100%. Basically, theirs can work on either phase even if limited and are arguably stronger than F!Grima's Dragonskin, especially Dragonscale being a straight upgrade of it.

Cancel Affinity 4 does not exist. The only thing that comes to mind for a hypothetical Cancel Affinity 4 would be to grant WTA or even T-Adept 3 against a foe with a T-Adept 3 effect. Although, F!Grima being given Dragon's Ire 3 might be a better option.

No tier 4 Smoke exists and neither do dual stat Smokes exist either. -8 debuffs exists, but a tier 4 single stat Smoke probably would be better if it affected foes within +3 spaces of the target or something weird like foes within 2 spaces of target and unit. Atk/Res Smoke, Spd/Res Smoke, or being given Panic or Pulse Smoke might be better for F!Grima.

Legendary Lyn has Rally Def/Res, Laws of Sacae, Desperation 3, and Spd Tactic 3.

Spoiler

Rally Def/Res+ was introduced by Greil's Devoted Mist and is also found on summer Gunnthra, New Year's Anna, and Mila. Part of me feels like this should be a default upgrade. As in she gets it and also something else. Simply giving her this and nothing else besides whatever can improve Laws of Sacae would be another nth nail to her coffin. At that point, she would be score fodder at best and a costly Wind Blessing at worst.

Laws of Sacae is her only exclusive skill, so it would likely and should be given a II version.

Desperation 4 does not exist, but given how Laws of Sacae works currently, she might be better off being given a different B passive. Tier 3 or 4, whether they exist or not, Dull Ranged, a Lull, Mystic Boost, Null C-Disrupt, Null Follow-Up, Quick Riposte, Special Spiral, Ruse, or Vantage would all be fine. Cue her introducing a tier 4 Seal.

As noted with vanguard Ike, tier 4 and dual Tactics do not exist. She might be better off with Joint Drive Spd or something, though.

Legendary Ryoma has Glimmer, Kestrel Stance 2, Bushido, and Guidance 3.

Spoiler

Deadeye is the only inheritable special that builds off from Glimmer and it's locked to archers. Still, it doesn't rule out the possibility of a new inheritable special that builds off from Glimmer in the future.

Kestrel Stance 3 was introduced by Say'ri. Problem is as a non-dragon flier, he cannot inherit a speed check damage reduction skill to cover for his average defense and low resistance to pair with Raijinto having Distant Counter, an enemy phase skill. As a flier, though, and with how common Goad Fliers can be, Atk/Spd Form 4 or Atk/Spd Unity neither of which exist currently could work well for him.

Bushido is his only exclusive skill, so it would likely be given a II version.

Guidance 4 does not exist. I guess 3 spaces within the flier and maybe including cavalry because why not.

Legendary Hector has Draconic Aura, Distant Counter, Vengeful Fighter 3, and Ostia's Pulse.

Spoiler

Ruptured Sky builds off from Draconic Aura. He would probably not want it. They could slap it on him because why not, but preferably if they also give him something else besides Ostia's Pulse likely receiving a II version.

There are no improved or branched off skills that require Close/Distant Counter as their prerequisite. It's a bit weird for CYL Hector whose Ostian Counter is an exclusive Distant Counter with Sturdy Stance 2 and it would have made it convenient to have been able to have another Hector who can give Distant Counter and something else which in this case would be Ignis, Bold Fighter 3, or Even Res Wave 3, but it does make sense for the Close/Distant Foil and Close/Distant Ward skills as they are different enough. I do agree with others that legendary Hector getting Ostian Counter is fine.

Vengeful Fighter 4 does not exist. The interesting thing is that a hypothetical Vengeful Fighter 4 could simply have its HP range increased to >= 25% which Craft Fighter 3 and Slick Fighter 3 were introduced with in terms of armor Fighter skills that grant a follow-up attack on enemy phase. Wary Fighter 4 for that matter probably would be the same which wouldn't be that great for it or Vengeful Fighter. A form of Null Follow-Up could help, but maybe Ostian Counter would be fine or if they are generous, Ostian Counter and Vengeful Fighter 4, Special Fighter 3 or even 4, or Crafty or Slick Fighter 3. Even Bold Fighter would be fine to give him another option.

Ostia's Pulse is his only exclusive skill, so it would likely be given a II version.

Edited by Kaden

34 minutes ago, Kaden said:

I'm guessing someone might have talked about this, but the Legendary Hero Remix might be a good way to introduce new or tier 4 version of skills. It came to mind for me when Erinys showed up with B Duel Flying 4 which legendary Azura being given would make sense had Erinys or anyone until legendary Azura's remix not introduced it. That said, I think most of the legendary heroes in this line-up, up to legendary Hector, already have skills with tier 4 versions already which is fine as it would mean more sources of those skills at tier 4. Or they could pull a vanguard Ike and give replace one of their default skills which for him, Joint Drive Res was introduced by CYL Edelgard and also found on Guinevere and Sara.

Fjorm and vanguard Ike were the first of the remix, but I'd like to entertain the idea of what if.

Fjorm has Ice Mirror, Atk/Def Bond 3, Shield Pulse 3, and Drive Atk 2.

Hide contents

Ice Mirror is her only exclusive skill and it was given an upgrade with Ice Mirror II.

Atk/Def Bond 4 and Atk/Def Unity were introduced by ballroom Quan and CYL Dimitri, respectively, to which she got Atk/Def Unity.

Shield Pulse 4 does not exist and Fjorm through a remix or legendary F!Corrin could have introduced it.

Joint Drive Atk was introduced by Lilith and also found on M!Kris, legendary F!Corrin, and New Year's Peony & Triandra. Drive Atk 3 doesn't exist and whether or not it should is up to the developers. It would have to be +3 spaces or something.

Between Atk/Def Unity and the introduction of Shield Pulse 4 or Joint Drive Atk, Atk/Def Unity was probably the best tier 4 skill upgrade they could have given her. Joint Drive Atk is good, but Atk/Def Unity really helps her out and Shield Pulse 4 would have to be something crazy, but even then, I feel like legendary F!Corrin should have been the one to introduce it since Negating Fang works against all ranges, whether her foe is adjacent to her or within 2 spaces of her, so even more damage reduced or a Special Spiral effect would have been wild.

Vanguard Ike has Radiant Aether, Warding Breath, Seal Atk/Def 2, and Def Tactic 3.

Reveal hidden contents

Radiant Aether is his only exclusive skill that ended up being shared by his Greil's Devoted self and berserk self. It was given an upgrade to make it more distinct where Radiant Aether II has a Quickened Pulse 2 effect.

Warding Breath 2 does not exist and would be odd. I think stuff like this could happen with branched off and not numbered, non-exclusive skills having a higher tier version introduced but I'm not sure -- imagine a Unity 2 skill. I guess they could introduce dual Breath skills, for example, Mirror Breath: "If foe initiates combat, grants Atk/Res+4 during combat and Special cooldown charge +1 per attack. (Only highest value applied. Does not stack.)" The alternative to this would be to give him a tier 4 stance and that would go against him having his own Breath effect to charge Radiant Aether. With Radiant Aether II, it would have been like before, but he has a Guard effect instead of a Breath effect.

Seal Atk/Def 3, anyone? No? Cool, moving on.

Def Tactic 4 does not exist nor do dual Tactics. What they would do aside from relaxed team restrictions for a single stat tier 4 Tactic is a mystery.

Interestingly enough, any upgrade to vanguard Ike's default skills would have introduced a new, tier 4 version that nobody has. Instead, he was given Joint Drive Res. Being given Joint Drive Res is interesting as it means vanguard Ike is currently the only unit with two passives of the same slot; he has two C passives. They could have been more daring, though, with the idea of a dual Breath, introducing Quick Riposte 4 at this point, or giving him Mystic Boost, Null Follow-Up, or even Special Spiral to replace his default B passive. Seal Atk/Def 3 probably would have killed him. Nobody wants that.

Gunnthra has Glacies, Fortress Res 3, Chilling Seal, and Res Ploy 3.

Hide contents

So far, Blue Flame, Ruptured Sky, and Deadeye are the only inheritable new specials. Blue Flame builds off of Bonfire and was introduced and only found on Owain, Ruptured Sky builds off of Draconic Aura and was introduced by the Byleths and also found only on the Byleths, all three of them, and Deadeye builds off of Glimmer and was introduced by Shinon. To cut this short, it would be possible for there to be an inheritable special that builds off from Glacies or any other special for that matter.

Fortress Res 4 or Fortress Def 4 do not exist, but they would probably pale in comparison to Fortress Def/Res 3. Kliff introduced Fortress Def/Res 3 and it is also found on Idunn, Mirabilis, and Gatrie.

Chilling Seal is her only exclusive skill, so it would likely be given a II version. It's entirely possible for them not to remix a legendary heroe's only exclusive skill, but some of them aren't that great or even bad compared to other skills or similar effects on another unit's weapon or compared to another unit's similar exclusive skill.

Neither tier 4 Ploys nor dual Ploys exist as inheritable skills. They are found on prf weapons, though, as Lute's unrefined Weirding Tome has essentially Spd Ploy 4, Arvis's unrefined Valflame and Saias's unrefined Wargod's Tome have Atk/Res Ploy, and Katarina's refined Reese's Tome has Spd/Res Ploy.

Legendary Ephraim has Sol, Sturdy Stance 2, Solar Brace, and Fortify Def 3.

Hide contents

Aether builds off from Luna or Sol, so there's that. There has yet to be an inheritable, shorter cooldown version that builds off from Moonbow or Noontime, though. Might defeat the purpose of Sirius being Sothis's exclusive special or being worse than Radiant/Mayhem Aether or Sirius.

Sturdy Stance 3 was introduced by spring Idunn & Fae and also found on Halloween Dheginsea. Sturdy Breath could work, though, but perhaps giving him Atk/Def Solo 4 might be a better idea. A Solo version of Unity did come to mind, though, and that could be an interesting thing. Might be best to have that work for when Flame Siegmund eventually becomes available for refining.

Solar Brace is his only exclusive skill, so it would likely be given a II version.

Fortify Def 4 was introduced by summer Joshua and Joint Fortify Hone Def was introduced by Forsyth and also found on legendary Seliph. We have yet to see dual Hones or Fortifies, though.

F!Grima has Bonfire, Dragonskin, Cancel Affinity 3, and Res Smoke 3.

Hide contents

I guess they could give her Blue Flame because why not. It would have to be in addition to whatever happens to her B or C passive, though, since only Blue Flame and whatever happens to Dragonskin wouldn't be great. Otherwise, a new inheritable special that builds off of Bonfire could be interesting.

Dragonskin is her only exclusive skill and it has been overshadowed several times including by herself; Dragonskin is Iote's Shield and Bracing Stance 2. Altina's Ashera's Chosen has Atk/Def Solo 3 that also works if she is adjacent to beast or dragon allies, Mininerva's Dragoon Shield grants her Atk/Spd/Def+3, and Halloween F!Grima has Dragonscale which inflicts Atk/Def-6 and grants her special cooldown charge +1 per her foe's attack, a Breath effect, if her foe initiates or if her foe's HP is at 100%. Basically, theirs can work on either phase even if limited and are arguably stronger than F!Grima's Dragonskin, especially Dragonscale being a straight upgrade of it.

Cancel Affinity 4 does not exist. The only thing that comes to mind for a hypothetical Cancel Affinity 4 would be to grant WTA or even T-Adept 3 against a foe with a T-Adept 3 effect. Although, F!Grima being given Dragon's Ire 3 might be a better option.

No tier 4 Smoke exists and neither do dual stat Smokes exist either. -8 debuffs exists, but a tier 4 single stat Smoke probably would be better if it affected foes within +3 spaces of the target or something weird like foes within 2 spaces of target and unit. Atk/Res Smoke, Spd/Res Smoke, or being given Panic or Pulse Smoke might be better for F!Grima.

Legendary Lyn has Rally Def/Res, Laws of Sacae, Desperation 3, and Spd Tactic 3.

Hide contents

Rally Def/Res+ was introduced by Greil's Devoted Mist and is also found on summer Gunnthra, New Year's Anna, and Mila. Part of me feels like this should be a default upgrade. As in she gets it and also something else. Simply giving her this and nothing else besides whatever can improve Laws of Sacae would be another nth nail to her coffin. At that point, she would be score fodder at best and a costly Wind Blessing at worst.

Laws of Sacae is her only exclusive skill, so it would likely and should be given a II version.

Desperation 4 does not exist, but given how Laws of Sacae works currently, she might be better off being given a different B passive. Tier 3 or 4, whether they exist or not, Dull Ranged, a Lull, Mystic Boost, Null C-Disrupt, Null Follow-Up, Quick Riposte, Special Spiral, Ruse, or Vantage would all be fine. Cue her introducing a tier 4 Seal.

As noted with vanguard Ike, tier 4 and dual Tactics do not exist. She might be better off with Joint Drive Spd or something, though.

Legendary Ryoma has Glimmer, Kestrel Stance 2, Bushido, and Guidance 3.

Hide contents

Deadeye is the only inheritable special that builds off from Glimmer and it's locked to archers. It doesn't rule out the possibility of a new inheritable special that builds off from Glimmer in the future.

Kestrel Stance 3 was introduced by Say'ri. Problem is as a non-dragon flier, he cannot inherit a speed check damage reduction skill to cover for his average defense and low resistance to pair with Raijinto having Distant Counter, an enemy phase skill. As a flier, though, and with how common Goad Fliers can be, Atk/Spd Form 4 or Atk/Spd Unity neither of which exist currently could work well for him.

Bushido is his only exclusive skill, so it would likely be given a II version.

Guidance 4 does exist. I guess 3 spaces within the flier and maybe including cavalry because why not.

Legendary Hector has Draconic Aura, Distant Counter, Vengeful Fighter 3, and Ostia's Pulse.

Hide contents

Ruptured Sky builds off from Draconic Aura. He would probably not want it. They could slap it on him because why not, but preferably if they also give him something else besides Ostia's Pulse likely receiving a II version.

There are no improved or branched off skills that require Close/Distant Counter as their prerequisite. It's a bit weird for CYL Hector whose Ostian Counter is an exclusive Distant Counter with Sturdy Stance 2 and it would have made it convenient to have been able to have another Hector who can give Distant Counter and something else which in this case would be Ignis, Bold Fighter 3, or Even Res Wave 3, but it does make sense for the Close/Distant Foil and Close/Distant Ward skills are they are different enough. I do agree with others that legendary Hector getting Ostian Counter is fine.

Vengeful Fighter 4 does not exist. The interesting thing is that a hypothetical Vengeful Fighter 4 could simply have its HP range increased to >= 25% which Craft Fighter 3 and Slick Fighter 3 were introduced with in terms of armor Fighter skills that grant a follow-up attack on enemy phase. Wary Fighter 4 for that matter probably would be the same which wouldn't be that great for it or Vengeful Fighter. A form of Null Follow-Up could help, but maybe Ostian Counter would be fine or if they are generous, Ostian Counter and Vengeful Fighter 4, Special Fighter 3 or even 4, or Crafty or Slick Fighter 3. Even Bold Fighter would be fine to give him another option.

Ostia's Pulse is his only exclusive skill, so it would likely be given a II version.

Interesting ideas. I do want to point out that unrefined Weirding Tome just has Spd Ploy 3, not anything higher.

I don't really have high expectations that IS is going to make Lyn any good -- Laws of Sacae takes up the A-slot and Lyn is a sub-170 BST unit without a default Duel effect due to being an old Legendary unit. She's also neither Lucina, who has a Prf positional assist in Future Vision, nor Eliwood, who has a Prf weapon with an interesting team support effect, nor Corrin, who is a strong combat unit. If Lyn is going to be remotely usable at all in her main intended use case as a Legendary Hero (Arena modes), Laws of Sacae II must have a Duel effect at minimum (ie. treat Lyn as a 185 BST unit if lv. 40 since Legendary Claude set 185 BST as the new standard Duel BST effect) -- otherwise, most players would likely still not use Laws of Sacae at all when G Duel Infantry would do a better job of making her a score bot for Wind season (and Lyn would still be regarded as one of the worst, if not the worst, Legendary Heroes in the game).

Lyn's base kit:
Swift Mulagir
Rally Def/Res
Laws of Sacae
Desperation
Spd Tactic

As for the new skill to be given to Lyn, given how Laws of Sacae takes up the A-slot, Close Foil and Close Counter are out of the question unless they include one of them as an effect in addition to the Duel effect for Laws of Sacae II. The main possibilities I can see include giving her a Lull skill or a Joint Drive skill.

It's worth noting that in the Feh Channel, Feh states that "some of them will be able to learn additional skills". While the immediate meaning would be that not every outdated Legendary Hero would be updated at once since Ike and Fjorm were the only ones updated, it could also imply that IS may not update certain Legendary Heroes at all or that IS could potentially give a unit more new skills than the amount Ike or Fjorm got.

Worst case scenario: Lyn doesn't get updated at all. She'd still be the worst Legendary Hero as a combat or support unit and only better than Hrid and Gunnthra as a Wind Legendary Hero in Arena.
Best case scenario: Laws of Sacae II has an effect that treats Lyn as a 185+ BST unit. Lyn's base kit gets revamped to give Lyn a more cohesive build.