Remixed Legendary Heroes: New Skills Speculation!

Diovani Bressan

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Naoshi said:

Graves 2 can have null panic too.

Null Panic is half-useless on a dance skill because debuffs expire when the unit ends its action before being danced.

The only way a unit will have Panic on them after being danced is if they got hit with Panic after ending their previous action (including at the end of combat). Null Panic will persist until the start of the unit's next turn, so it will also protect them on enemy phase, but that's also not usually the primary concern of a dance skill.

It would be more useful to add Harsh Command+ to the dance skill to remove any negative end-of-combat effects than to add Null Panic, though in the case of Legendary Azura, it would be more likely that that would be added as a refine on Prayer Wheel instead of being an added effect of Gray Waves II.

7 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Thankfully, Lunar Flash is a Special, so there are at least some limitations on what they can do with the remix upgrade.

I am not so sure about that. They can always make things more interesting by putting effects more typical from other skills slots into the Special. Reginn got Quickened Pulse 3. Sigurd: Fated Holy Knight got Rally Up Movement on top of Rally Up Atk for the whole team. Marianne: Serene Adherent got Dance/Sing.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

I am not so sure about that. They can always make things more interesting by putting effects more typical from other skills slots into the Special. Reginn got Quickened Pulse 3. Sigurd: Fated Holy Knight got Rally Up Movement on top of Rally Up Atk for the whole team. Marianne: Serene Adherent got Dance/Sing.

All of those are still just basic start-of-turn and after-combat effects.

We've had "after-combat" effects on Specials that activate "during combat" since day 1 with the Balm Specials, and Legendary Marth's Fire Emblem was simply the first Special to combine a damage effect with a Balm effect.

Ice Mirror and Negating Fang are just a shield Special combined with a damage Special with the damage Special's effect being deferred to the next action that made sense.

Requiem Dance is basically just Noba's Zeal, but applied to an ally instead of the unit that activated the skill.

The only brand new effect types we've gotten on Specials are all run-of-the-mill start-of-turn C-skill effects, namely the Pulse effects on Seidr Shell and Radiant Aether II and the field buffs on Holy-Knight Aura and Shining Emblem.

All-in-all, that's still a pretty limited set of effects, and I don't think they'll go crazy and add persistent effects (in-combat effects that apply to more than just the attack that the Special activated on) and whatnot.

Either way, I don't see them adding anything other than nullifying percentage damage reduction, a Pulse effect, and/or bigger numbers to Lunar Flash II.

53 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

All-in-all, that's still a pretty limited set of effects, and I don't think they'll go crazy and add persistent effects (in-combat effects that apply to more than just the attack that the Special activated on) and whatnot.

Ooh! Adding Death Blow or some other permanent effect into a Special definitely sounds fun...

53 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Either way, I don't see them adding anything other than nullifying percentage damage reduction, a Pulse effect, and/or bigger numbers to Lunar Flash II.

Lunar Flash III
Treats foe’s Def/Res as if reduced by 30% during combat. Reverses non-Special skills that "reduce damage by X%." (If foe has non-Special skills that reduce damage by 30%, foe will take an extra 30% damage instead.) Boosts damage by 30% of unit's Spd. If unit initiates combat and cannot make a follow-up attack, unit attacks twice. During combat, neutralizes effects that inflict "Special cooldown charge -X" on unit.

Being faster than me will not save you from being "doubled" or a Special from triggering (with help from Time's Pulse)!

Edited by XRay

• 1 month later...

Putting remix things here because I can.

Legendary Marth

New skill: Shining Emblem
Remixed skill: Binding Shield II

Effect is the same (Weaponbreaker + Sweep). Condition is changed to "if opponent is a dragon or if unit's Spd is 5 or more higher than opponent's Spd".

Shining Emblem now give him a much easier condition to activate his weapon's Bonus Doubler effect of just starting the turn within 2 spaces of an ally. I just noticed that Shining Emblem almost exactly matches my prediction of a Fire Emblem II.

Binding Shield now works on any opponent as long as Marth wins the natural Spd check and still works on dragons always.

I'm quite disappointed he didn't get a new inheritable skill, though. Atk/Spd Bond 3 and Infantry Flash 3 are both complete and utter shit fodder.

Legendary Tiki

New skill: Slick Fighter
Remixed skill: With Everyone! II

Base effect is upgraded to 2 range for both its condition and its effect, and its effect is upgraded to +6 Def/Res from +5 Def/Res. New effect added of Far Save with +4 to all stats when activated.

Slick Fighter is honestly a bit underwhelming, but I understand why they're giving her this skill over the generally more effective Crafty Fighter since it still doesn't have any distribution outside of seasonal units. On the other hand, I'm now expecting Guard to be added to her weapon refine in the same way that Grima's Dragonskin II complemented her refine effect.

Save honestly makes the most sense for a skill named "With Everyone!", so I'm not really surprised. However, given that Tiki's defensive stats aren't exactly amazing, especially her quite low base 29 Res, I'm hoping she at least gets some form of damage reduction on her weapon to make up for it. Hopefully, she also gets Nagi's 80% damage reduction against AoE Specials because that 29 Res is just asking to get murdered by Ophelia.

Is it just me, or is legendary Marth's binding shield II a bit underwhelming? Its looking like his legendary is going to share the same niche as his brave, being a shining emblem stat ball. Just trading braves vantage, for a speed based windsweep. Ontop of brave having a free B slot to run spurn which makes him far better mix phase

I was planning on saving up for this remix, but i'm unsure if I should now since I got brave Marth as my CYL freebie. On top of legendary Sigurd's rerun taking priority for me

Edited by Faellin

7 minutes ago, Faellin said:

Is it just me, or is legendary Marth's binding shield II a bit underwhelming? Its looking like his legendary is going to share the same niche as his brave, being a shining emblem stat ball. Just trading braves vantage, for a speed based windsweep. Ontop of brave having a free B slot to run spurn which makes him far better mix phase

I was planning on saving up for this remix, but i'm unsure if I should now since I got brave Marth as my CYL freebie. On top of legendary Sigurd's rerun taking priority for me

Sweep effects can be nice for breaking through Fallen Edelgard or Save balls, although I'm not sure if Marth has a good build for that.

3 minutes ago, Faellin said:

Is it just me, or is legendary Marth's binding shield II a bit underwhelming? Its looking like his legendary is going to share the same niche as his brave, being a shining emblem stat ball. Just trading braves vantage, for a speed based windsweep / brave effect

I don't think so.

If Marth wins the Spd check, He is guaranteed to double, foe is guaranteed to not double, and if Marth initiates foe cannot counterattack. Just the fact that it works on every foe and not only against dragons or against melee foes (like Legendary Lyn) is a pretty good thing.

And no, he doesn't have Brave Effect. he doesn't attack twice or can quad attack. Guaranteed Follow-Up is different. 

We just need to know about his refinement now, because I remember myself judging Legendary Lyn back in July that her remix didn't help her that much, but it works very well with her refinement when she got that last month.

5 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

And no, he doesn't have Brave Effect. he doesn't attack twice or can quad attack. Guaranteed Follow-Up is different. 

Ah my bad, I must have misread the announcement. I'm still unsure if i'll really be able to get value out of legendary Marth, since I took his brave as my freebie, and I have brave Alm refined for my windsweep sword nuke.

Legendary Marth has been on my list of "would love to have" for a long time (Mostly for collectors sake, his art is goddamn fantastic). But this seems like a poor time for me to go for him again since legendary Sigurd's rerun is taking priority for me. Ironically this is why I never got legendary Marth. Every time he rotated back, there was just something that was a higher priority for me happening at the same time, or in the near future.

Edited by Faellin

Just now, Faellin said:

Ah my bad, I must have misread the announcement. I'm still unsure if i'll really be able to get value out of legendary Marth, since I took his brave as my freebie, and I have brave Alm refined for my windsweep sword nuke.

It's the curse of every Infantry Sword unit these days. There is too much competition.

Legendary Marth is still viable as a Fire Legendary Hero. Even though Duel 4 only boost Legendary Heroes score to 175, because Marth has a Prf B skill he will score the same as a 180 BST unit (scores the same as Legendary Lilina, the last Fire Legendayr hero released, although he needs Duel 4 for that so can't use skills like Distant Counter or a Tier 4 skill). Also, he is one of the old legendaries that boost stats intead of having the useless Pair Up thing, so he grants Res+4 to fire blessed allies during Fire Seasons.

For players that have him at +10, he is still viable with the remix and refinement now. As a one copy hero, even without his refinement he should do well in modes like Arena Assault and limited battles because Shining Emblem should grant him +6 to all stats thanks to Bonus Doubler in his weapon, and the Sweep effect can help against some annoying foes. I just can't confirm to you if I would recommend him as a merge project at this point.

2 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

For players that have him at +10, he is still viable with the remix and refinement now. As a one copy hero, even without his refinement he should do well in modes like Arena Assault and limited battles because Shining Emblem should grant him +6 to all stats thanks to Bonus Doubler in his weapon, and the Sweep effect can help against some annoying foes. I just can't confirm to you if I would recommend him as a merge project at this point.

I'm not really one to chase merges on any 5 star exclusive. Only time i'll really go out of my way for it is if I need that +1 to fix a horrendous IV. Since I don't really care to hard about arena scoring and just drift around tier 17-18. I mostly just play this for the collection aspect. So i'm thinking i'll just wait for a rerun, since at the moment I need every orb I can get for Sigurd's rerun.

21 minutes ago, Faellin said:

Legendary Marth prior to his remix already had the niche of being the game's most reliable dragon counter, as Null C-Disrupt is not a commonly used skill.

His remix now expands his Breaker + Sweep effect to any enemy he can naturally double, which allows him to function as a generalized wall breaker.

If you're already using Brave Alm, it's probably worth waiting until we see what Marth's refine will be before making a decision, as without the refine, their roles pretty heavily overlap.

• 2 months later...

Update announcement includes the new remixes:

Eirika

Gains Atk/Spd Solo 4 (currently has Atk/Spd Solo 3).

Lunar Brace upgraded to Lunar Brace II. The entire skill effect has been replaced with the following:

Null Follow-Up 3 + Canto [2] + Deals additional damage equal to 15% of the opponent's Def.

Lucina

Gains Swift Sparrow 3 (currently has Swift Sparrow 2).

Future Vision upgraded to Future Vision II. Adds additional effect:

Inflicts -7 Atk/Def to nearest enemy units within 4 spaces of unit and target.

Lunar Brace basically replaces the built-in Luna when her Special activates with a flat half-Moonbow on every attack and removes the Special cooldown penalty. It basically looks like they want you to replace her default Moonbow with Galeforce, just like Ephraim, though she doesn't have the ability to nullify an opponent's Guard effect, unlike Ephraim. Maybe they'll add it to Storm Sieglinde's refine.

Null Follow-Up allows her to keep up with the addition of the Flow skills and prevents her from being walled by opponents with follow-up prevention. Canto is expected due to Ephraim also getting it.

Future Vision's additional effect is pretty much a Feint effect with Menace targeting. It's slightly disappointing that it doesn't also inflict Guard like Ruse skills. Based on the wording in Japanese, it targets both the closest enemies to the unit and the closest enemies to the target separately, just like Ruse skills. Seems like a pretty useful support effect, considering it doesn't take up a skill slot for the extra effect, and we might see an effect on Thogn's refine that takes advantage of debuffs.

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Future Vision's additional effect is pretty much a Feint effect with Menace targeting.

Or, you know... Atk/Def Snag. But its ok, I know people usually forget that Snag skills exist.

I would be Atk/Def Snag 3.5, since Future Vision II inflict -7 while Snag 3 inflict -6.

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Or, you know... Atk/Def Snag. But its ok, I know people usually forget that Snag skills exist.

I would be Atk/Def Snag 3.5, since Future Vision II inflict -7 while Snag 3 inflict -6.

What the fuck is a Snag skill. Like, who even remembers they exist? (The only reason I remember Feint exists is because it's a Sacred Seal.)

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

What the fuck is a Snag skill. Like, who even remembers they exist? (The only reason I remember Feint exists is because it's a Sacred Seal.)

I only remember Snag skills because NY Kaden has Atk/Def Snag, and when I use him in a clear sometimes I use that skill on him. 😅

• 1 month later...

February's remix info is here:

Hríd: Icy Blade

• New Skill: Atk/Def Menace

At start of turn, if unit is within 4 spaces of a foe, inflicts Atk/Def-6 on nearest foes through their next actions and grants Atk/Def+6 to unit for 1 turn.

• Remixed Skill: Freezing Seal II

At start of turn, inflicts Atk/Def-7 and [Guard] on foes on the enemy team with the lowest Res and any foe within 2 spaces of those foes through their next actions.

I liked Hríd's remix. Be able to debuff foes and inflict Guard from far away wil be very useful with his weapon (which I hope gets refined this month too). Kinda weird that Menace's debuffs and Freezing Seal's debuffs can overlap, but oh well... I confess I kinda expected that skill for him. He became quite a nice fodder unit too, with Distant Counter + Atk/Def Menace (if you fodder a Petrine, a Fernand or Yen'fay too).

Eir: Merciful Death

• New Skill: Atk/Res Unity

If unit is within 2 spaces of an ally, grants Atk/Res+5 and bonus to Atk/Res during combat=current penalty on each of those stats × 2. (Example: if unit has -7 penalty to Atk, grants Atk+19, for a net bonus of Atk+12.) Calculates each stat bonus independently.

• Remixed Skill: Sparkling Boost+

At start of turn, restores 20 HP to ally that has been dealt the most damage. (Excludes unit.) At start of any ally's combat, if ally's HP > 50%, grants Res+5 to ally during combat. (Excludes unit.)

I was expecing a "neutralizes any [Penalty] on ally" alongside the healing, but oh well... double the healing is quite nice. The Res+5 is welcomed, but... ehh. She is a Mythic Hero that basically grants Res+10 now. Good for tanky units. Atk/Res Unity came from nowhere, especially if you consider she had Swift Sparrow 2 before that. I didn't expect Swift Sparrow 3, since Lucina got that last month (I am not saying that these heroes can't have the same skill in the remix). Maybe Atk/Spd Unity would be the pick instead... But I can see why the Atk/Res Unity, to go with her Iceberg I guess.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

Honestly a bit strange that they went with "+" for Mythic Hero remixed skills instead of "II".

It's worth noting that the naming pattern for them is not the same in Japanese, but it's less not-the-same than in English.

In Japanese, Legendary Hero remixed skills get the suffix "承" (shō), "succession", e.g. Freezing Seal II is "凍結の封印・承" (tōketsu no fūin: shō), "Freezing Seal: Second".

Mythic Hero remixed skills get the suffix "神" (shin), "divine", e.g. Sparkling Boost+ is "生命の輝き・神" (seimei no kagayaki: shin), "Life's Radiance: Divine".

(As an aside, can I mention how much better Sparkling Boost's Japanese name is?)

33 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Kinda weird that Menace's debuffs and Freezing Seal's debuffs can overlap, but oh well... I confess I kinda expected that skill for him.

He doesn't really need to debuff any other stats, so it's better to debuff the same stats and have two different target patterns than to debuff more stats. Menace makes sure he'll always get the opponent's front line, and Freezing Seal gives him a chance to hit some enemies that are further back, allowing him to end his turn farther forward.

33 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

He became quite a nice fodder unit too, with Distant Counter + Atk/Def Menace (if you fodder a Petrine, a Fernand or Yen'fay too).

Hrid can transfer Distant Counter, Threaten Atk/Def 1, Threaten Atk/Def 2, and Atk/Def Menace in one go, so all you actually need is Threaten Atk 1 or Threaten Def 1 to get it started. No need for Petrine, Fernand, or Yen'fay. Any of Asama, Cain, Fae, Hawkeye, Peri, Raven, or Ross will do fine.

Edited by Ice Dragon

According to the Notificatio, 6 Legendary/Mythic Heroes will be added to these banners: Eir (which is already getting her remix), Duma, Roy, Yune, Alm and Naga. 

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Honestly a bit strange that they went with "+" for Mythic Hero remixed skills instead of "II".

My thoughts about that is that Sparkling Boost II would be too long? It's a space, and then the roman number, while the "+" doesn't have a space separating it from the skill's name.

Another skills that could become "plus" too are "Vision of Arcadia", "Impenetrable Dark" and "Ashera's Chosen".

It's that... or all Mythic Skills will be +, while Legendary Skills will be II.

Hrid can transfer Distant Counter, Threaten Atk/Def 1, Threaten Atk/Def 2, and Atk/Def Menace in one go, so all you actually need is Threaten Atk 1 or Threaten Def 1 to get it started. No need for Petrine, Fernand, or Yen'fay. Any of Asama, Cain, Fae, Hawkeye, Peri, Raven, or Ross will do fine.

I actually forgot about that. lol

I wonder if it might be because the Prf skills of Legendary units have a chance to be shared with other versions of the same character, but Mythic units prf skills aren't since they're technically the original versions of each skill?

It's a large stretch, and doesn't make much sense why they would do it this way, but that's really the only difference between Legendary prf skills and Mythic prf skills I can think of...

7 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I wonder if it might be because the Prf skills of Legendary units have a chance to be shared with other versions of the same character, but Mythic units prf skills aren't since they're technically the original versions of each skill?

It's a large stretch, and doesn't make much sense why they would do it this way, but that's really the only difference between Legendary prf skills and Mythic prf skills I can think of...

A good number of Mythic Heroes' exclusive skills are already shared, though. Sothis, Altina, Peony, Mirabilis, Plumeria, Freyja, Reginn, and Dagr all have alts that have their Mythic version's exclusive skill.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Based on when they said who is coming back when, this should be the tentative schedule for the next couple of Remixes:

March: Azura and Alm
May: Duma and probably Yune
July: Roy and maybe Leif (I know he isn't the remix rotation yet, but he could be by this point in time)