Remixed Legendary Heroes: New Skills Speculation!

Diovani Bressan

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Dimitri getting Atk/Spd Clash 4 makes me think they might give him a Tempest skill on his weapon's refine so that he can get rid of his default Odd Tempest that is rather sub-optimal.

Dimitri getting Atk/Spd Clash 4 makes me think he may get Even Tempest on his refinement, so combining with his Odd Tempest C skill he will have 3 movement all the time.

At least Odd Tempest is a sacred seal, so you can remove it from the C slot for a way better skill that also scores better for Arena... but still having to run Odd Tempest in one of those slots if you want him to have 3 movement.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Guaranteed follow-up when initiating combat is a pretty big deal as an effect applied on dance. Hexblade is cool, but is more like icing on the cake in comparison.

While Guaranteed Follow-up is a very nice effect, I wished it was something else. Probably because Naga already grants Guaranteed Follow-Up with her remix.

I mean, it's good to have options, but still...

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Dimitri getting Atk/Spd Clash 4 makes me think he may get Even Tempest on his refinement, so combining with his Odd Tempest C skill he will have 3 movement all the time.

At least Odd Tempest is a sacred seal, so you can remove it from the C slot for a way better skill that also scores better for Arena... but still having to run Odd Tempest in one of those slots if you want him to have 3 movement.

While Even Tempest is a possibility, Dimitri would very much just prefer to not have to deal with Tempest in any skill slot other than his weapon. Ideally, he just gets a permanent +1 movement like Sigurd, Yuri, and Brave Alm.

The problem with encouraging keeping his default Odd Tempest on his build is that it doesn't give him any in-combat effects, and it doesn't have a version worth 300 SP to help pad his Arena score. If they end up giving him only Even Tempest on his weapon, it'll still be optimal to run Atk/Spd Oath 4 on him over Odd Tempest and just rely on the teleportation effect on odd turns.

• 2 months later...

New remixes have been announced:

Female Corrin: Negating Fang II

• Cooldown: 3
  • 40% damage reduction on activation (previously 30%)
  • Increases damage by 40% of Atk on next attack (previously 30%), this round of combat only
  • If opponent has Brave effect:
    • -2 cooldown after first activation, once per round of combat (new)

New skill is Guard 4, replacing Shield Pulse.

The new effect is pretty notable, as it fully recharges the skill after it activates if the opponent has the Brave effect, allowing it to activate on both hits of the opponent's attack. Additionally, it gets a slight boost to its damage reduction and damage output.

Guard 4 replacing Shield Pulse is also pretty notable, as it means the effect is probably being moved to her weapon instead. I'm also expecting the flat damage reduction to be increased to 7 since Brave Corrin has it on her exclusive A skill.

Lilina: Gifted Magic II

• Cooldown: 2
  • Deals damage equal to unit's Atk minus opponent's Def or Res to enemies in target area (damage previously multiplied by 0.8)
  • On activation, after combat, even if unit is defeated:
    • Grants Canto (1) as a status effect to allies within 3 columns or 3 rows centered on unit (new)

New skill is Sabotage A/R 3, which is an upgrade of her existing Sabotage Res 3.

Damage is increased to match the Growing series of Special skills and grants Canto (1) to allies in Ploy 4 range after combat. Presumably, the Canto (1) status effect will activate on Lilina immediately after it's applied.

No real clues about what will be on her refine other than that she won't be getting Canto on it.

• 4 weeks later...

The next set of remixes were announced in the Feh Channel:

Reginn: Seidr Shell+

• Cooldown 3
  • At start of turns 1 and 4 (previously only turn 1):
    • -3 Special cooldown
  • When Special activates:
    • Deals 20 damage (previously 15)
    • Calculates damage using the lower of opponent's Def/Res

New skill is Panic Smoke 4, which is an upgrade of her existing Panic Smoke 3.

The upgrade to Seidr Shell increases its damage by 5 and has the skill fully charge itself again on turn 4, which was an effect on New Year Reginn's weapon.

This is apparently the second most minor change for a remixed skill so far (Radiant Aether is the only one with a smaller change), and it tells us almost nothing about what to expect on Reginn's refine, but I expect the refine to be stronger than average to make up for having fewer effects on the remixed skill.

The effects I want her to get are percentage damage reduction nullification when her Special activates, nullification of the opponent's defensive Specials, and Disarm Trap 4.

Triandra: Frightful Dream+

• Range 1
  • When used:
    • Dance effect
    • Inflicts the following effects as status effects on enemies with Ploy targeting from unit and target:
      • -5 to all stats (previously -3)
      • Guard
      • Discord (new)

New skill is Firestorm Dance 3, replacing Aerobatics 3.

All of the fairies so far have gotten a post-combat effect on their refine, and I don't think Triandra will be any different in that regard. I'm expecting Deep Wounds and post-combat damage since Attuned Triandra deals pre-combat damage, and Peony's refine gave her post-combat healing.

Firestorm Dance 3 would be really nice to have as skill fodder, but Triandra never showed up sharing a color with a new unit, and therefore I never actually got merges for her, so she's still stuck at +2, and I won't have spare copies to use as fodder for a while.

• 1 month later...

Dagr and Seiros are next:

Dagr: Sun-Twin Wing+

• If HP is 25% or higher at start of combat:
    • -5 Atk/Spd/Def to opponent in combat (previously only Spd/Def)
    • Null Follow-Up effect
    • Additional damage equal to 20% of Spd, excludes AoE Specials (new)
    • Nullifies half of non-Special percentage damage reduction (new)

New skill is Atk/Spd Hexblade, replacing Atk/Spd Push 4.

The upgrade to Sun-Twin Wing essentially just gives it +5 Def/Res, about +15 additional damage, and the secondary effect of Phys. Null Follow. Honestly pretty tame.

As the twin that focuses on player-phase combat, I'm expecting damage reduction on the opponent's non-follow-up attacks and Tempo on her weapon's refine. Canto would also be pretty nice to have to make Pathfinder easier to use. I don't expect to see her get Disarm Trap, but that would really help out for an offense Mythic.

Her base weapon comes with the Unity effect, and it would be pretty cool if she could also use allies' stat penalties to power it or if she could transfer them to herself. Alternatively, it would also be cool if she gave herself and nearby allies Grand Strategy.

Atk/Spd Hexblade is nice to get since it currently has awful distribution, being limited to just Legendary Yuri, even if it isn't the most optimal skill option for that slot.

Seiros: Wings of Light+

• If there are at most 3 Mythic Heroes on the team including unit:
    • Grants the following effects to allied Mythic Heroes, excluding unit:
      • +3 to all stats in combat (previously +2)
      • Boost to all stats in combat equal to the turn number, maximum +5 (previously first 5 turns only)
      • 30% damage reduction (new)
  • Grants the following effects to allies within 3 rows or 3 columns of unit:
    • +4 to all stats in combat (new)
    • +1 Special charge rate (new)
  • If there is at least 1 Mythic Hero on the team excluding unit or if there is an ally within 3 rows or 3 columns of unit:
    • +5 to all stats in combat (new)
    • 30% damage reduction, excludes AoE Specials (new)
    • +1 Special charge rate (new)

New skill is Atk/Res Scowl 4, replacing Mirror Impact.

I want to know what Seiros has been smoking because it's clearly some good stuff. Nearly every line on this skill description is brand new, though that's mostly due to the fact that the base skill was really weak.

The stat boost to allied Mythic Heroes has been boosted by 1 more point in each stat and now doesn't go away after turn 5. It also grants 30% damage reduction to all attacks. Brand new is that it now also grants +4 to all stats and +1 Special charge rate to all allies in Ploy 4 range and grants +5 to all stats, 30% damage reduction, and +1 Special charge rate to herself.

It's worth noting that the +1 Special charge rate doesn't line up well with her choices of Specials, as she doesn't have the Slaying effect, which means neither Dragon's Roar nor Aether will have an even cooldown. There's a possibility that she'll get the Slaying effect on her refine to line up the cooldowns better.

Atk/Res Scowl 4 is also a really good addition to her kit, as if it wasn't already amazing with Dragon Wall. It's really convenient that I still have 16 of her manuals lying around.

Swapping out Mirror Impact leads me to believe that the follow-up prevention on player phase will be moved to her weapon, which means there's also a decent chance that she'll get a guaranteed follow-up on enemy phase, too.

The fact that Seiros can grant up to Atk/Spd/Def/Res+12, 30% DR and Special charges to Mythic allies is very good!

I will be considering adding her to my Anima teams now.