Any metal fans on here?

ZekeNigma

I've already ran into a couple of metal fans on this forum, but I figured I'd make a topic where any and all metal fans can just pop in and say "hi" to one another. So yeah, just give a short introduction of yourself, what styles of metal you like (e.g. power, thrash, death, etc.), a few favourite bands from each of those styles, and I guess a little bit about yourself, whether you play an instrument and/or in a band, or any other interesting tidbits about yourself.

I'll start off first.

I'm Zeke, my favourite styles of metal are symphonic, folk, power metal, progressive metal, gothic metal, symphonic black, and melodic death. Some of my favourite bands are Nightwish, Epica, Battlelore, Ensiferum, Equilibrium, Korpiklaani, Stratovarius, Firewind, Blind Guardian, Symphony X, Dream Theater, Mastodon, Lacuna Coil, Blackthorn, Tystnaden, Cradle of Filth, Emperor, Dimmu Borgir, Children of Bodom, Amon Amarth, and Arch Enemy. And a little bit about myself, I can play guitar, bass, keyboard, and do vocals (both clean and harsh), though playing guitar is my strongest suit out of all of those, to be completely honest. I'm in a band called Grimleal, which some of you may know by now, and I often like to listen to symphonic and folk metal while playing FE to greatly enhance the experience.

4 hours ago, ZekeNigma said:

metal are symphonic

Wow! What a combination ! 

I'm Megumi. I like all kind of music, all languages ( if the song have lyrics ). I listen to a song carefully. Even if I don't like that song much, I still find & like some parts of that song . About metal I like Metallica the most ( especially Sad But True song ) . I really like Chad Kroeger from nickelback. His voice would feel so good in hard metal songs . 

Edited by Hasechi

• 8 months later...

I've been getting into some metal stuff lately but by no means am I an expert on the subject

some of my favorite metal bands are we butter the bread with butter, fleshgod  apocalypse, architects, death, slipknot, and thy art is murder

also when I got into jrock a while back I stumbled across some great jmetal bands such as sokoninaru, fear and loathing in las vegas, imperial circus dead decadence, and maximum the hormone 

• 1 month later...

I'm Daniel, and my favorite styles are symphonic, folk, power, prog metal, melodeath, gothic metal, and a little bit of metalcore. 

Favorite bands are Nightwish, Kamelot, Epica, Lacuna Coil, Within Temptation, Arch Enemy, In Flames (early and recent), Yousei Teikoku, Dir En Grey, Eluveitie, Once Human, Fleshgod Apocalypse, Ne Obliviscaris, Killswitch Engage, Unleash the Archers, etc.

I’m not in any bands and I don’t plan to be, but I am currently taking classical singing lessons (massively influenced by Kamelot and Nightwish). I really enjoy practicing with villain songs from some musicals and movies (Hellfire from The Hunchback of Notre Dame is one of the single greatest villain songs ever composed.) My voice hasn’t been classified yet, but I'm probably either a baritone or a baritenor.

Edited by derman190
Added band

big metal fan, my fav bands r Burzum, Katatonia, My Dying Bride, Opeth, At the Gates, Sentenced, Dissection, Marduk, stuff like that.. also a super big fan of metalcore, Underoath, Converge, The Dillinger Escape Plan, love them

glad to see some goth metal and melodeath fans in here i do like that stuff a lot, mostly stuff from the 90s tho for those on both fronts

• 6 months later...