Love Of A King (SPECIAL HEROES)

Ghostface233

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not liking the look of Fatal Smoke, as someone who uses tanks with regen abilities running into that on PvE is going to be annoying. 

Rest of the banner looks fine though, I'll probably pull a bit to see if I can get Gustav and Henriette and have the full family.

3 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Gustav: ''Veronica you're like the daughter I never had
Sharena: ''What about me father?''
Gustav: ''What about you?'' 

g8d7fc08mze61.png

I see we're back to bullying poor Sharena again.

It's OK Sharena, you still have my auto team in Dragalia Lost.  

Interesting that they're debuting a skill on the demote. Anyway, as I expressed elsewhere, this banner is great! I'll be doing what I can to get all of them, but my focus will have to be on getting Valentine's Lif. Anyway, here's what I said on the speculation topic:

Basically, I'm really excited about this one! Finally, Henriette and Gustav get into the game! And Lif and Thrasir as a duo unit is great! It's interesting how they're using the festival garb to try to hide their ballistics gel parts. I wonder how Alfose and Veronica will interact with Lif and Thrasir...

That said, it's a bit sad that Sharena and Bruno are missing, just like how Micaiah was missing from the latest Christmas banner. At least for this one, I understand. It's a book 3 seasonal, and this way Gustav and Henriette get to be included, and Lif and Thrasir get to hang out with Alfonse and Veronica. Basically, there wasn't room for Sharena and Bruno. Still, Veronica specifically mentions that she has stuff for Bruno (and Xander, but he's not family) so it's kind of sad that he's left out (makes for less interaction availability for Thrasir and Veronica. I don't think Sharena would have contributed anything special, in contrast to this.) What would be fun is, if down the line, Sharena and Bruno get to be a duo unit. Maybe next year they'll be included (duo or not), sort of like how we got the bunny peg sisters, or the new years beasts, so the story will still involve them that way. That'd be nice. But, the important ones here are the Askr parents, Lif, Thrasir, Alfonse, and Veronica, so I think IS made the right call here.

I want all of them! XD But my orbs are soooo low. I'll be lucky if I manage to get the demote! Really hoping to snag that Valentine's Lif + Thrasir! I'll be aiming for them!

That said, discussion went on, and I have to agree with IS' choices on who would be left out of this banner (Bruno and Sharena.) They could always join in next year, like we saw with the New Years beasts!

I ideally need 2 Henrietes and 2 of the 2 Duo however I will get another huge pity rate and I supposing I get one of each I don't know how to spread it out. 

Spoiler

The first idea is one Slick Figher for Flame emperor, I wanted that Skill ever since I saw it on Dheginsea however I was about to reach 5% rate and didn't get any 5* at all. Lif would be perfect for my Cavline. 

Spoiler

The second pair would be used for a special combo I thought for Astra offense. Leila with that C slot from Lif and savage blow attacking turn 3 a melee foe. B.Edelgard swooping in and taking another one or a dangerous nuke. Then at the enemy phase supposing that only ranged at left (not too hard in Anima defences) Edelgard needs to hit foes one time only to kill them (the heal block effect from Leila's C slot) and every time Leila is endangered by a nuke she will protect her. I could see myself clearing even Abyssals with this combo and Mira Bramimond. 

This will be my main anniversary banner only abandoned for the spark in Hero Rises so hopefully my bad luck from all the other special banners (ever since summer 2) helps me. 

Another idea is IS is low-key supporting the idea of Alfonse/Veronica. I mean...it makes sense politically and would be the quickest way to achieve peace between Askr and Emblem. I'm willing to bet that's what happens in the main story epilogue, eventually.

But those Save skills look interesting. I want it for Nagi and/or P!Lukas. Felix would work too. IS should have put Sharena in instead of Veronica so we could see some Askr Family Bonding Time. Then there's Lif and Thrasir as the outsider observers seeing this happy world theirs should have been. 

On Sharena: in all fairness, I do think it's a good thing to not always have to tie Sharena down with Alfonse. But...this just wasn't the way. If instead of Gustav and Henriette it had been, like, Xander and Eir, that wouldn't feel so spiteful, and then Sharena could appear on a later seasonal without Alfonse, and the parents could appear on the bridal banner. Hell, maybe even one of the parents here and the other with Sharena on said later seasonal.

4 hours ago, coldhand25 said:

Well, anyways, I'm not really interested in anything about the banner, I'm curious what skills Veronica will have, maybe she will be a decent fodder at the very least.

She has trash. HP/Spd 2 and Chill Speed.

8 hours ago, Othin said:

Looks fun. I'm planning to pick up Alfonse and try for a red while I'm there, although Seiros is still destroying my orb supply.

I hadn't realized the banner would launch before the end of Seiros's, nice that that means more orbs to use there but of course if I have to do that, it'll mean setting me back for this one.

Wait, I think I misread the dates. Looks like this starts right when Seiros's banner ends.

5 minutes ago, Othin said:

Wait, I think I misread the dates. Looks like this starts right when Seiros's banner ends.

When is that again?

10 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Yay, we're getting another weapon no one will be able to spell correctly.

5 hours ago, Yexin said:

it should be pronounced "th-yall-vi (as in "vincent")"

I'd say it's almost correct. Old Norse and modern Norwegian are funny in that the letter j, more often than notgets silenced (Hjelvik, for instance, gets pronounced as if the "j" isn't there).

Edited by Karimlan

Didn't think I'd care at all for the banner but I actually really want a Henriette so I can fodder her to Canas. I've been thinking for a while how there isn't many good inheritable Enemy Phase tomes so these are nice to see. Will have to stick tickets though because for the first time ever I want to try amassing orbs for the Brave banner.

5 minutes ago, Karimlan said:

I'd say it's almost correct. Old Norse and modern Norwegian are funny in that the letter j, more often than notgets silenced (Hjelvik, for instance, gets pronounced as if the "j" isn't there).

so, if i'm getting this right, "th-yall-vi" is correct in Old Norse, while "th-all-vi" is correct in modern Norwegian?

Norwegian Bokmål (lit, "book tongue") would be closer to Old Norse, at least closer to it than modern Norwegian (Nynorsk) would be. Both are officially recognized, but you mostly see and hear everyday people relying on Nynorsk than Bokmål for writing and speaking.

And yes, it all goes back to the Edda: Þjálfi is one of Thor's servants.

Edited by Karimlan

11 minutes ago, LoneStar said:

What do you guys think. Will near save skills be melee locked and far save be ranged locked? I think that would be balanced, so that there is counterplay, otherwise things might get annoying.

I am not sure. They are basically like Close Def and Distant Def, where one only works against melee foes and the other only works against ranged foes. So I can see them having no limitation like that.

What I can see is being Armor only.

2 hours ago, Karimlan said:

Norwegian Bokmål (lit, "book tongue") would be closer to Old Norse, at least closer to it than modern Norwegian (Nynorsk) would be. Both are officially recognized, but you mostly see and hear everyday people relying on Nynorsk than Bokmål for writing and speaking.

And yes, it all goes back to the Edda: Þjálfi is one of Thor's servants.

uh ok, thanks for your clarification, it's really interesting

Funny how I haven't seen people complain about Veronica getting yet another alt but a ton of people complained about Dorothea getting another one. Which is weird, because Veronica isn't as popular as Dorothea to my knowledge. I mean, Dorothea should be more popular than Veronica since her characterization is not all over the place like Veronica's. Seriously, wtf is Veronica even doing at this point. The FEH OCs are always the most confusing to me.

Anyways Valentines banners are always hit or miss with me because I don't like using armor characters normally. I have my armor team and I'm gonna keep them. I like Gustav and Henriette's art though, so I may pull for them and the save skills. Although I don't know how much use I'll get out of them. I usually prefer the Calvary units on this banner.

Not a fan of Alfonse's art, it looks a little weird to me. But I do like his outfit. It's a bit creative, and reminds me of OG Marth. I do like the outfits in general this time around, very Greco-Roman with the exception of the duo hero.

The Duo Hero is interesting too, although we just got a red tome duo hero last month. At least the unit type is different.

38 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

Funny how I haven't seen people complain about Veronica getting yet another alt but a ton of people complained about Dorothea getting another one. Which is weird, because Veronica isn't as popular as Dorothea to my knowledge. I mean, Dorothea should be more popular than Veronica since her characterization is not all over the place like Veronica's. Seriously, wtf is Veronica even doing at this point. The FEH OCs are always the most confusing to me.

people didn't complain about dorothea getting another alt

people complained about dorothea getting another alt while her regular version is still unavailable

Edited by Yexin

3 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

Seriously, wtf is Veronica even doing at this point. The FEH OCs are always the most confusing to me.

She’s at least doing more than her brother is at this point: existing to make IS money at all.

It’s honestly amazing how much IS doesn’t give a shit about Bruno. He didn’t even have any role at all in Book IV as far as I recall (anyone is free to correct me on this) past showing up as a nightmare illusion like twice.

Datamine:

Save skills are armor-locked but have no weapon restrictions.

Alfonse and Veronica both have their A skills at 4* and their B skills at 5*. So no 4* Bold Fighter.

I think they're planning on having Bruno turn evil or have him be a plot device, I'm still confused with what he was doing in Chapter 2.

The only thing that makes sense about the overlying plot is that Loki is puppeteering a good portion of it, and the reason it's confusing is because she wants it to be.