Love Of A King (SPECIAL HEROES)

Ghostface233

23 minutes ago, Othin said:

Datamine:

Hide contents

Save skills are armor-locked but have no weapon restrictions.

Alfonse and Veronica both have their A skills at 4* and their B skills at 5*. So no 4* Bold Fighter.

I mean it kind of is with the new 4 star mechanic

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, vikingsfan92 said:

Not only is that not how it works, it doesn't even apply here. Alfonse is just the 4* focus on a new banner, the new 4* special rate applies to old 5* units.

35 minutes ago, vikingsfan92 said:

Okay, to rephrase:

No Bold Fighter 3 at 4*. It's true that Alfonse is the first 4* unit to have access to Bold Fighter.

More Details:

tk3i2zewycf61.png

Lif: Superboons: Atk. Superbanes: HP, Spd, Def.

Gustav: Superboons: Atk. Superbanes: Spd, Def.

Henriette: Superboons: Res. Superbanes: HP, Atk, Spd

Alfsone: Superboons: Atk, Spd. Superbanes: HP, Res

Veronica: Superboons: none. Superbanes: HP.

Gustav is one BEEFY Man.  Oh and he has high defense too.  Highest neutral defense in the game now.

Edited by Ghostface233

2 hours ago, Florete said:

Not only is that not how it works, it doesn't even apply here. Alfonse is just the 4* focus on a new banner, the new 4* special rate applies to old 5* units.

I am saying you can pull a 4 star and it turns into bold fighter unit with the new special rate. Hardin for an example who does have bold fighter and is in the special pull rate. So a unit that game treats for the summoning as a 4 star for summoning Hardin has bold fighter.  I wasn't referring to Alfonse specifically at all although I probably wasn't clear about that and can see how it would look like my comment would like its talking about alphonse though.

Edited by vikingsfan92

Pretty sleep banner overall. I'd probably just use my free tickets on red in hopes of Duo Lif or Valentines Henriette.

Spoiler

Save skills are largely a gimmick since they're armored-exclusive. And armored units aren't that amazing nowadays aside from a few.

Fatal Smoke is learnable by any non-staff unit so it's likely going to be a C-skill of choice for Kronya players.

These new savior skills are what interest me the most on this banner. I think I'll want at least a couple copies of those skills since they can open up some interesting possibilities, especially if you combine them (I assume it only fails when two units within two spaces both have Near or Far Save, but will work if one of each is within two spaces).

Since it is armor only, I'll have to think carefully about which armors would be best suited for them. One I immediately thought of giving the Far Save to is my +10 Spring Idunn; being within two spaces of an ally means enemies can't do follow up attacks and with those already crazy high defenses nothing short of legendary Chrom with a pre-charged Dead Eye can take her out (especially if I give her Dragon Wall from the spare Seiros I manualed). Perhaps brave Hector would be a good candidate for the Near save; just replace Ostian Counter with Close Guard 4 and such and then he'll shrug off close attacks.

Then the fun part is using them together. Imagine having a frail support unit like Flayn along with a glass cannon like Ninja Lyn in a T shape, square, or other formation where they are both within two spaces of those two protector units (and the protectors being within two spaces of each other preferably); Suddenly any ranged unit that attempts to attack Flayn or Lyn has Idunn jump in the way and (Between Dragon Wall and Flayn) barely take any damage at all, and if somebody like Eliwood comes along to attack, he'll instead be hitting Hector. Then the enemy turn ends and Flayn and Lyn are free to snipe or heal without a worry as long as they stay within two space of their protectors! Certain strategies like cav lines and turn-one-all-out-attacks are going to lose a lot (if not all) viability  from something like that; Just park your I-can-tank--any-ranged-unit protector right in the middle of everybody and suddenly they can't do jack to your team! lol

Edited by Namero

4 hours ago, Lemmy said:
  Hide contents

I'm a bit bitter Lif gets more stats AND the superboon over Veronica

Stat Spoilers

Spoiler

It is only 1 BST, and it is due to how growth rates work. 1 BST does not make much of a difference, and having high BST is irrelevant for the vast majority of units. Stat distribution is far more important than BST. Only a handful of units care about BST, and those are super tanks and units used in scoring modes. A player only needs two super tanks for Aether Raids and three units for their Arena core, so that is only five units out of an entire player's barracks that cares about BST.

Having high BST is not always good thing either. For most player phase units, high BST is generally a bad thing as it means the unit is forced to have high bulk, and high bulk is detrimental to reaching HP range reliably. Raven is superior to most axe infantry because he is not bogged down by extra BST like newer axe infantry are. His low bulk makes it easier for Wings of Mercy to trigger.

Sharena's meet the hero entree on Gustav is certainly something.

It looks like this year’s Day of Devotion is going to feature a Dad of Devotion

D'aaaw

But he’s still pretty terrifying when he gets mad. Just…take my word for it…

So Gustav doesn't ignore Sharena all the time. Sometimes he yells at her too. 

Well, I’m looking forward to enjoying some family time too!

Oh poor Sharena. She doesn't realize she's not on this banner. 

12 hours ago, Yexin said:

people didn't complain about dorothea getting another alt

people complained about dorothea getting another alt while her regular version is still unavailable

I will admit that it is a valid complaint.

Although I did see a good number of comments on Reddit and YouTube complaining about how Dorothea got another alt so soon. I also saw a comment about how Tharja got one too soon, which is ridiculous imo. That's just what I saw though. But I would say the main complaint was that her base form hasn't been added in yet.

9 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

She’s at least doing more than her brother is at this point: existing to make IS money at all.

It’s honestly amazing how much IS doesn’t give a shit about Bruno. He didn’t even have any role at all in Book IV as far as I recall (anyone is free to correct me on this) past showing up as a nightmare illusion like twice.

It's really frustrating because they tease his existence every now and again but then go nowhere with it. It's like they're trying to lay down hints that he will return only to forget those plans. It's a shame because they really could have developed the relationship between Bruno and the Askr siblings.

I mean, Heroes OC characterization has never been that great, but Bruno's case is just so much unused potential. I'm probably preaching to the choir at this point though. 

#FreeBruno #BringBrunoBack #woodenbowl

Hmm based on Sharena's Meet the Heroes bit for Valentine's Veronica, I wonder if Bruno and Xander will appear for the next Day of Devotion. She says that they couldn't make it "this year." It could be reading into it a bit, but after the new years' stuff, I could totally see that happening. It'd be a prime time for Sharena to show up, too.

As for everyone complaining about Sharena not being on the banner, it's not like she's not taking part in the festival. She's just not summonable. She already noted that her parents are going to give her flowers later. It's not like she's ignored in-world just because we don't get to summon her. And again, she would have been out of place here. This is a book 3 banner featuring characters who were in book 3 (Gustav, Lif, and Thrasir) and those closely associated with them (Henriette for Gustav (she was also introduced in book 3), Alfonse for Lif (same person) and Veronica for Thrasir (same person.)) Honestly, it's about time book 3 got some alts. Even the fairies got alts before the book 3 characters. Anyway, there simply was not enough room to add anyone else, so they prioritized in the only way that made sense. That said, I do hope she appears on next year's banner with Bruno and (since he was mentioned) Xander. It'd be especially fun if Xander's crit art showed a certain messenger owl motif.

Also, I want to take a moment to appreciate how cute Gustav and Henriette's tradition of trading fig leaf crowns is. I wonder if there's any significance tied to when they decided they would get married. ^w^

3 hours ago, Mercakete said:

And again, she would have been out of place here. This is a book 3 banner featuring characters who were in book 3 (Gustav, Lif, and Thrasir) and those closely associated with them

Considering they made a point of telling us that Lif's world's version of Sharena was dead, I can't imagine how having him be featured with our (alive) Sharena in a festival about devotion and family would have been less interesting than having Alfonse there, and the same goes for Thrasir and Bruno.

5 minutes ago, Kori said:

Considering they made a point of telling us that Lif's world's version of Sharena was dead, I can't imagine how having him be featured with our (alive) Sharena in a festival about devotion and family would have been less interesting than having Alfonse there, and the same goes for Thrasir and Bruno.

I said fitting, not interesting. And the reason is because Lif and Thrasir (as per the ending of book 3) are awkward and out of place in our Askr. When in such a position, one first identifies with oneself. In this case, these two have external versions of themselves: Alfonse and Veronica. So, trying to get used to this new Askr, they're taking cues from the versions of themselves native to this reality. They haven't expanded to their respective siblings (which are actually their alternate selves' siblings) yet. And besides that, it would probably not be pleasant being around this world's version of them, since it would just be an ever-present reminder that their own, actual siblings are dead. (On a somewhat related note, I still want a version of Sharena based on that book 3 artwork.) While there may be some comfort and familiarity with their alternative selves, there would not be with their alternative selves' siblings. At least not yet. This is especially true since these two are used to dealing with other worlds, and so they are very, very keenly aware that this Sharena and this Bruno, are not the same as their own...who are dead. And are not coming back since Hel never animated them...unless this happens in the future, but I really don't think it will.

Just went through the Paralogue Maps, and the ending is pretty sad in my opinion. I guess it was NYSH!Peony trying to cheer Alfonse up with a nice dream.

Well, my banner luck was incredibly bizarre. I did only ticket pulls - not even full pulls - and scored two Lífthrasirs and a random Zelgius.

Meanwhile on the Hero Fest which has better rates, more tickets and did have full pulls done for each roll, I only got a Maribelle, a Loki and a Shinon.

It's like my gacha luck surged to life and then sputtered out just as quickly. Maybe it's just as well though; it's time I started hoarding for Gatekeeper anyway.

Oh man, this story was so great! Poor Alfonse! ;-; Dreaming of spending another Day of Devotion with his lost parents... It makes total sense that he'd be dreaming about that, especially with the family traditions here. Lif and Thrasir being around makes even more sense, too, since they appeared at around the time he lost his father, so he has a mental association with them and his dad.

And for all of you who were raging at Sharena not being around...are you happy now? Yeesh, and all those accusations against poor Gustav...

31 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Oh man, this story was so great! Poor Alfonse! ;-; Dreaming of spending another Day of Devotion with his lost parents... It makes total sense that he'd be dreaming about that, especially with the family traditions here. Lif and Thrasir being around makes even more sense, too, since they appeared at around the time he lost his father, so he has a mental association with them and his dad.

And for all of you who were raging at Sharena not being around...are you happy now? Yeesh, and all those accusations against poor Gustav...

I agree with you.

I am glad they didn't go with the "my father, that is dead, was summoned! So I can spend some time with him during the festival" stuff again.

At first I was thinking weird that Alfonse didn't mention Gustav being alive at all. I was like... is this before the events of Book 3?

Edited by Diovani Bressan

36 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I agree with you.

I am glad they didn't go with the "my father, that is dead, was summoned! So I can spend some time with him during the festival" stuff again.

At first I was thinking weird that Alfonse didn't mention Gustav being alive at all. I was like... is this before the events of Book 3?

Yeah, I thought so at first, too.

But now, I have a further theory: the events we saw during the paralogue are from another Askr. See, we can actually summon these units, which would make them, in a way, able to interact with Alfonse, Sharena, etc. because they'll be in our barracks. But if this was a look into another Askr, where they could not be summoned, then it would make sense that it could only be something seen in a dream. In that Askr, they wouldn't be summonable.

39 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

It's very weird that the Save Skills are 300 Sp.

They are Tier 3 skills, not Tier 4... but the score as one.

Huh, interesting. The Duel skills also end up at 300 SP, but they're 70/150/300, while the Save skills are 100/200/300. So the first and second levels are even more unprecedented than the third.

On 2/5/2021 at 10:02 PM, Othin said:

Huh, interesting. The Duel skills also end up at 300 SP, but they're 70/150/300, while the Save skills are 100/200/300. So the first and second levels are even more unprecedented than the third.

It's very weird for the Save skills to be 300 Sp.

The Duel Skills I understand why, since they are made for scoring in Arena so wouldn't make sense for them to be 240 Sp. But I still don't know why Save have that Sp value. Probably to bait players to get these skills for Arena.

Can't wait for Save 4 to be 400 Sp

Another weird case of weird Sp value... is Ostian Counter, which is 350 Sp. No other prf passive skill has that value (that I remember)

6 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

It's very weird for the Save skills to be 300 Sp.

The Duel Skills I understand why, since they are made for scoring in Arena so wouldn't make sense for them to be 240 Sp. But I still don't know why Save have that Sp value. Probably to bait players to get these skills for Arena.

Can't wait for Save 4 to be 400 Sp

Another weird case of weird Sp value... is Ostian Counter, which is 350 Sp. No other prf passive skill has that value (that I remember)

Yeah, Ostian Counter is the only one.

Maybe the rationale with Save skills isn't so much to specifically bait for them, but to make it so that players aren't discouraged from using them in Arena over existing 300 SP skills.