Need some input on what to do with my birthright lunatic no grinding ironman.

Ⱥstra

Hello, 

I recently started a birthright no grinding iron man and its been going pretty well, (its a decent challenge, definitely recommend it as an easier entry into iron manning. Either way, it was going well until I decided to do one of the dlcs, specifically Anna on the run, in which she proceeded to get murdered and I got a game over, instead of grieving and moving on, as one does in awakening with the anna paralogue. 

Either way, I now have two options, to either reset the game to before I touched any dlc and say its a NO DLC iron man/run , therefore treating anna dead and the iron man being alive in theory, or accepting that this counts as a genuine end to the iron man and do something else. 

I am not sure which option to choose? Which would you in my shoes?

-Thanks 

Depends. How far are you into the run?

If you're fairly early in the game, I'd say just start over from the very beginning.

If you're mid to late game, I'd just keep going and never touch the DLC from there on.

Edited by indigoasis

3 hours ago, eclipse said:

Finish the DLC and treat Anna as a "dead" unit.  It sucks that she doesn't retreat, but eh.

I could go back and finish the dlc or go back to the save before any dlc was touched in the first place. It would seem to me like the second option makes more sense but idk, I don´t do many iron mans so I'm not a good rule bender. 

1 hour ago, Ⱥstra said:

I could go back and finish the dlc or go back to the save before any dlc was touched in the first place. It would seem to me like the second option makes more sense but idk, I don´t do many iron mans so I'm not a good rule bender. 

That's what I'd do if I did an iron man run.  No need to nuke an entire game over it.  Which I'm sorely tempted to do for another game.

As in, I accept that I may kill off a required character, in which case the game goes on and they die after the map.

On 2/7/2021 at 5:59 AM, eclipse said:

That's what I'd do if I did an iron man run.  No need to nuke an entire game over it.  Which I'm sorely tempted to do for another game.

As in, I accept that I may kill off a required character, in which case the game goes on and they die after the map.

Welp, unfortunately the iron man died when corrin was one shot by duo attacking mages on chapter 16, one of the harder chapters of lunatic birthright. I would be lying if that didn´t make me question my skill at this game series lmao. Do you have any recommendations for beginner iron mans? I was thinking doing one for conquest hard but im not sure how difficult conquest hard is as I have only done the game in normal. 

5 minutes ago, Ⱥstra said:

Welp, unfortunately the iron man died when corrin was one shot by duo attacking mages on chapter 16, one of the harder chapters of lunatic birthright. I would be lying if that didn´t make me question my skill at this game series lmao. Do you have any recommendations for beginner iron mans? I was thinking doing one for conquest hard but im not sure how difficult conquest hard is as I have only done the game in normal. 

It’s brutal in the late game chapters, but most of the other ones are hard but fair and shouldn’t give you too much trouble.

What about fe6? That game drowns you in units. So do the archanea titles.

Yeah those games are practically made for Iron mans, which is something I really like about them. In theory, one could say that Fates does the same thing, as you can capture bosses and even buy generic units, which are pretty expendable/helpful for an iron man. 

Fe6 is an awesome game but I really do feel as though its one of those Fire emblems you need to have a lot of energy to run through, since its so long and the maps are as well. Fates has always seemed more laid back to me, as the maps are pretty quick (usually) or at least seem that way to me. 

Archanea titles are prolly the most optimal option for beginner iron mans, since there are so many difficulty options to cater to ones needs at the time, so I might take you up on that recommendation. 

Cheers. 

On 2/8/2021 at 3:34 AM, Ⱥstra said:

Birthright Hard is better suited for it IMO.  Conquest has some stupid gimmick maps - as in, if you don't work around the gimmick, it's needlessly annoying.

On 2/8/2021 at 7:34 AM, Ⱥstra said:

Well, that's unfortunate. Anyway, yeah, Conquest is much less forgiving on the ironman front compared to Birthright, largely because enemies actually have skills, and some maps having aggravating gimmicks doesn't help.