OMFG Boey! (super screwed please help)

I have never gotten so screwed before. He has gotten only hp every level up and he is level 6! He can't do anything what do I do? I can't even grind him in DLC like this ugh. Edit: he got 1 point in attack now and nothing else. I am so mad. Level 8 with 27 hp 9 atk 3 skl 4 spd 9 lck 4 def 7 res he got 1 stat per level most of which was hp and he got 1 atk and 1 spd. Thinking about going all in and using a fork on him and going through dreadfighter and back to mage lol. Not sure how else to fix him and I don't want to ditch him. If anyone has any advice would love to hear it.

Edited by Quickpawmaud

37 minutes ago, Armchair General said:

That's normal for mages, keep grinding Terrors.

He still has terrible stats but he learned Sagittae and is useful now. It takes so long to grind to 20 though don't know if it is even worth it. Level 13 right now.

Well, skill and def don't really matter much when it comes to mages, in this game. After all, magic accuracy is fixed until you've crossed a certain a threshold and you're mages are supposed to be on the second line.

Res is a bit of an mixed bag, since archery serves as an soft counter to mages. But as far as the low speed goes, I forgot if it's just one point or an solid 5 to double; but nearly everything has a shitty Res and you shouldn't have your mages wandering around by themselves...Unless they're a girl, since a Priestess is built to survive a little bit of melee.

On 2/7/2021 at 8:47 PM, Armchair General said:

Well, skill and def don't really matter much when it comes to mages, in this game. After all, magic accuracy is fixed until you've crossed a certain a threshold and you're mages are supposed to be on the second line.

Res is a bit of an mixed bag, since archery serves as an soft counter to mages. But as far as the low speed goes, I forgot if it's just one point or an solid 5 to double; but nearly everything has a shitty Res and you shouldn't have your mages wandering around by themselves...Unless they're a girl, since a Priestess is built to survive a little bit of melee.

You need 1 speed to double. A lot of enemies later have 20 speed. I want my mages to have 22 speed so they can double with Excalibur. I want them to have at least 20 attack as well by the end. None of the other stats really matter to me. Mae at level 10 has 18 atk and 13 spd Boey at 14 has 12 atk and 6 spd. I think I am going to make him use Sagittae mostly and be support. Dreadfighter has base 18 speed but I am planning for end game on this playthrough and know I don't want Boey on my endgame team. For mages I plan to use Kliff and Delthea. I will probably use mostly Alm units actually since they have supports with each other and I like them more. I will use Conrad though since I think he is the best cavalier.

Edited by Quickpawmaud