fl1cker

2 hours ago, DolphinBird said:

So there’s this mod which allows Flora to join early. When i downloaded the mod, there’s a “read me” that came with it. It has instructions but it’s not much and i can’t get the mod to work on Citra emulator. Is there anyone here that can give a step by step explanation on how to install the mod on the Citra emulator?

There's a very easy way to install mods for the games you play on Citra emulator (at least on PC, I'm not sure how it's done on other devices).  There will be two methods for modding the game that'll depend on if you already have mods installed or not, but both will require you to access the mods folder.

So first you'll want to open Citra.  If you haven't, make sure you link to the directory Fates is located (I can provide advice for this if you don't know how to do it).  From the Citra menu, right-click on Fates then select "Open Mods Location".  Since you are lost on this I'll assume that the folder you'll be taken to will be completely empty.  You'll want to create a new folder here called "romfs".  Then inside that folder you'll want to place either the folders contained in "Felicia-Jakob Swap" or "No Swap" (depending on whether you want Felicia to appear for female avatar and Jakob to appear for male avatar, or you just want that aspect to stay as vanilla).  For either of these folders, it'll be two folders - "GameData" and "m".  Just transfer these as-is into the romfs folder you created.

I'll add, however, that the modder also expected the user to have other hacks installed.  If you want this mod to run in conjunction with the mods you already have installed (and they change the files contained in this mod), then you'll need to install those mods into the mod folder I told you how to reach (again, under the romfs folder I told you to create, unless the mods come as a romfs folder in which case you merge the two) and then apply the IPS patches as the readme instructed.  You'll need BatchLZ77 and Lunar IPS to do this - you can easily find both yourself with a quick Google search.  In this case, do not copy over any files within the "Felicia-Jakob Swap" or "No Swap" folders, because they'll overwrite the mods you have installed.

To give a quick run down:

• Open your Citra emulator
  • Right-click on Fire Emblem Fates (whatever version you have) from the Citra menu
  • Select "Open Mod Location"
  • Inside the folder that opens, create a folder named "romfs" (without the quotations)
  • If installing into a fresh game (that is, no other hacks had been installed), transfer the contents of either the "Felicia-Jakob Swap" or "No Swap" folders into this romfs folder you've created - do not transfer the contents of both, just one
  • If there are other mods installed, first reinstall those mods into the romfs folder you created in the mod location
  • Find both Lunar IPS and BatchLZ77 on the internet
  • If any of your other mods changes the files within the directory romfs>GameData>Person (specifically the files with "HANDOVER" in their names) then decompress those files with BatchLZ77, apply the Lunar IPS patches to the corresponding files, and then recompress the files and delete the leftover trash files (that is, whatever files were created when you decompressed - don't delete the newly patched files)
  • If any of your other mods changes the "GameData.bin.lz" file contained within romfs>GameData, then you'll want to do the same as you would with those handover files - decompress, IPS patch the "FloraEarlyGameData" patch onto GameData.bin.lz, recompress, delete trash files, and there you have it

Also, try playing the game without any modifications installed.  If it doesn't work, then the issue is the ROM is encrypted and needs to be decrypted to play.