Mega Man X is Ready to Rock! 100% Guide (w/Achievements) for the series!

FionordeQuester

Yep, it's a side LP!  And for those following Breath of Fire 2, do not worry; This will not delay production of those episodes.  Skaizo just wanted to do something different once in a while.  

Anyways:

MMX1.png

Yes, we're going to be going through the entire series by the end of this!  This is one of my favorite series of platformers, next to Ninja Gaiden!  Amazing sound, amazing graphics, I love the character designs, and a lot of the games even manage some really cool and challenging boss fights.  Plus, the Mega Man Legacy Collection re-releases have added achievements to mix things up a little.

So, it will be my pleasure to show all these games off, and show you the easiest ways to beat them, the most efficient ways to beat them, and even how to do Buster-Only strategies!  So strap in folks, because this gonna be a wild ride!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Starting off, we have the Highway Stage, and Chill Penguin!  More relaxed episode, as we look at the intro crawl text, go into the basic mechanics, and some rules-of-thumb for combat... But next episode will REALLY go into overdrive!

MMX.png

Part 1: Mega Man X1 (100% Guide)—Opening & Chill Penguin (All Trophies/Achievements)

BASIC INFO:
1) I'm playing the plain SNES version, so I'll be using captions to mark what achievements I would've won, had I been playing on the Legacy Collection version.
2) X starts with 16 HP (units of health), and can increase that to a max of 32.
3) LVL 2 Charges (green shots) usually do twice the damage of regular shots
4) LVL 3 Charges (blue shots) usually do quadruple the damage of regular shots
5) Dash Shots (dash before shooting) do twice the damage of regular shots
6) Enemies can sometimes drop health & weapon energy.  Enemies also respawn when you leave, so you can farm health and weapon energy this way.
7) You can climb up walls by walking into them and pressing Jump.
😎 The longer you hold Jump, the higher X jumps.  Just tapping it isn't usually enough.

ACHIEVEMENTS SO FAR:
1) "His Name is Actually Vava"—Beat the opening stage of X1, X2, X3, or X4 in both the English & Japanese versions (technically not won, but doing it twice doesn't do anything)

2) "In Buster We Trust"—Beat any of the eight Maverick bosses.

REGARDING THE HIGHWAY STAGE:
Vile (the boss at the end) is invincible, and will activate the next cutscene when he stuns you.  He only stuns you when X is at 4 HP, which is why I intentionally hurt myself on the 2nd Beeblader.

REGARDING THE ROUTE:
Chill Penguin's stage has the Dash Boots upgrade, so he's always first.

REGARDING CHILL PENGUIN:
LVL 3 Shots do only 3 HP of damage, instead of x4 times a regular shot.

ENEMY LIST (Opening): The three numbers are shots LVL 1, 2, & 3
Spikies (Spiky balls): 2 HP (1/2/4)
Gun Volts (Big blue guys): 32 HP (1/2/4)
Crushers (The things smashing roads): 4 HP (2/4/5)
Ball De Voux (The balls with two legs): 4 HP (2/4/5)
Bomb Beens (Orange flies): 2 HP (1/2/4)
Jammingers (Flying faces): 2 HP (1/2/4)
Road Attackers (manned): 5 HP (1/2/4)
Road Attackers (empty): 4 HP (1/2/4)

ENEMY LIST (Chill Penguin):
Ray Bits (Rabbits): 4 HP (2/4/5)
Axe Maxes (Axe Guys): 8 HP (1/2/4)
Batton Bones (Bats): 2 HP (2/4/5)
Flammingles (Flamingos): 8 HP (1/2/4)
Metal Wings (Igloo Flies): 1 HP
Ride Armors (Giant Robots): 16 HP (1/2/4)
Snowballs: 4 HP (1/2/4)
Snow Shooters: 8 HP (2/4/5)

MINI-BOSSES:

Bee Bladers: 
HP: 32 (1/2/4)
Damage: 1 (Machine Gun), 2 (Missiles), 4 (Contact)
Invincibility Frames: None

BOSSES:
Vile: 
HP: 127 (1/2/4; Refills to 48 every time it hits 0)
Damage: 1 (Contact), 3 (Punch)
Invincibility Frames: None

Chill Penguin: 
HP: 32 (1/2/3)
Damage: 2 (Shotgun Ice), 4 (Statues), 6 (Contact)
Invincibility Frames: 1 second's worth.

Edited by FionordeQuester

aw heck ye

meegamen echs

I've already beaten this game 100% so I don't necessarily need a guide, but it's cool that the HP values for enemies are visible. I shall be interested to see how your route compares to the one I learned to use.

Edited by AnonymousSpeed

2 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

aw heck ye

meegamen echs

I've already beaten this game 100% so I don't necessarily need a guide, but it's cool that the HP values for enemies are visible. I shall be interested to see how your route compares to the one I learned to use.

Absolutely!  There's a pretty significant divergence from the norm the next episode, actually, due to needing to get Achievements.  

As for the HP, I wasn't planning on using it for too much, apart from mini-bosses.  Are you saying it'd be nice to have for regular enemies, too?

And here we go! An episode with lots to unpack! Three different boss routes to cover, Boomer Kuwanger himself, and the fabled Iceless Jump! That last one especiallyshould help everyone who's struggled with it in the past! 

MMX1.png

Part 2: Mega Man X1 (100% Guide)—Route Order, Iceless Jump & Boomer Kuwanger (All Trophies)

THUMBNAIL ART BY: Shinobi-Gambu (The uncropped version is in his art gallery!)
Shinobi-Gambu's ART GALLERY: https://www.deviantart.com/shinobi-gambu/gallery
Special thanks for giving me permission to use it!

WEAKNESS ROUTE (Not recommended):
Chill Penguin (Dash), Spark Mandrill, Armored Armadillo, Launch Octopus, Boomer Kuwanger (Boomerang Heart), Sting Chameleon (Armor), Storm Eagle (Helm), Flame Mammoth (Buster) → Sigma Stages
x4 Revisits: Chill Penguin (Heart), Spark Mandrill (Sub Tank), Boomer Kuwanger (Heart), Armored Armadillo (Hadouken)

EFFICIENT ROUTE (Ignoring Achievements):
Chill Penguin (Dash), Storm Eagle (Helm), Flame Mammoth (Buster), Boomer Kuwanger (Icy Heart), Launch Octopus, Sting Chameleon (Armor), Spark Mandrill, Armored Armadillo → Sigma Stages
x2 Revisits: Chill Penguin (Heart), Armored Armadillo (Hadouken)

MY ROUTE (Getting Achievements):
Chill Penguin (Dash), Boomer Kuwanger (Iceless Heart), Storm Eagle (Helm), Launch Octopus, Sting Chameleon (Armor), Flame Mammoth (No Buster), Spark Mandrill, Armored Armadillo → Sigma Stage 1 → Hadouken → Sigma Stages 2-4
x2 Revisits: Chill Penguin (Heart), Armored Armadillo (Hadouken)

THE NORMAL WAY TO GET THE "ICELESS" HEART:
You'd typically charge an Ice Slide via the Shotgun Ice + Arm Upgrade, then ride that slide off the ledge. You'd jump off it while in mid-air, then grab the ledge.  That, or you would return with Kuwanger's Boomerang Cutter, and snag it that way.

ICELESS JUMP INSTRUCTIONS:
1) Get a good wall kick from as far as possible, between the upper black seam and the upper red part of the wall. See the screenshot at 6:43 to see what that looks like.
2) Hold Right and Jump until X is out from under the ledge, then Pause. See the screenshot at 6:56 for what that looks like.
3) Keep holding Jump until you get the right height. See the screenshot at 7:09 for what that looks like.
4) RELEASE the Jump button at this height, while Pausing.
5) PRESS the Jump button as the game fades back in from the Pause menu, and you should get it!

REGARDING SHOTGUN ICE:
A single shot is fired, which then breaks up into 5 smaller pieces when it hits.  Each piece will usually do twice the damage of whatever a LVL 1 Shot would've done to that specific enemy.  You can do up to 10-20 Damage, if you get it as far inside the enemy as possible! 

You can also hit the Shield guys from behind with it, so if you really wanted to fight them, Shotgun Ice is the way to do it. However, I encourage you to practice Dashing through the enemies instead. That will be good practice for the later games.

ENEMY LIST (Boomer Kuwanger): The three numbers are shots LVL 1, 2, & 3
Hoganmers (Shield Guys): 8 HP (1/2/4)
Dodge Blasters (Red Wall Cannons): 3 HP (1/2/4)
Sine Fallers (Flying Guys near Laser Guys): 1 HP
Ray Traps (Invincible Laser Guys): -- HP
Mega Tortoises: 16 HP (1/2/4)
Jammingers (Giant Faces): 2 HP (1/2/4)
Slide Cannons (Pops in and out): 6 HP (2/4/5) [These do not drop health]
Ladder Yadders: 3 HP (1/2/4) [These do not drop health]
Turn Cannons: 5 HP (1/2/4) [These do not drop health]

BOSSES:
Boomer Kuwanger:
Damage: 2 (Boomerang Cutter), 4 (Contact), 4 (Dead Lift)
Invincibility Frames: 1 second's worth.

7 hours ago, Dayni said:

Can confirm the art link for this part links to this thread.

Whoa... Thanks for catching that!  I just changed the link.  It should work now!

6 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Not sure how I feel about achievements for essentially playing worse. Sounds like a real can of worms topic.

I kind of like them, just for putting an interesting wrinkle in things.  Otherwise, I would've just used the Ice Sled on Kuwanger's Heart, and used Chameleon Sting to cheese Mandrill & Armadillo.  That, and it gives me something to separate myself from the other 9.7 billion other Mega Man X LPs out there, lol.

2 hours ago, FionordeQuester said:

That, and it gives me something to separate myself from the other 9.7 billion other Mega Man X LPs out there, lol.

True. I also appreciate that it goes over the iceless jump for the Boomer Kuwanger heart container, I always just use the Shotgun Ice to get it.

I'd buy that there probably are more Mega Man X LPs than people on the planet. It's a very popular game. I remember the Next Gen Walkthroughs guide to Mega Man X, now that's a nostalgia bomb.

20 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

True. I also appreciate that it goes over the iceless jump for the Boomer Kuwanger heart container, I always just use the Shotgun Ice to get it.

I'd buy that there probably are more Mega Man X LPs than people on the planet. It's a very popular game. I remember the Next Gen Walkthroughs guide to Mega Man X, now that's a nostalgia bomb.

Indeed.  Also, someone on Reddit pointed out some vagueness in how "My Route" worked out to only having x2 Revisits.  I'll update the post to clarify, but, just know that the "Re-Armed Achievement" means I absolutely need to go to Sigma Stage 1 before getting the Hadouken.  So, the 1st revisit is Chill Penguin, and the 2nd is Armadillo after gotten Zero's gift.

Today we kill three more Mavericks, complete most of our armor, and even show off something called the Phantom Grab!  Check it out!

Octo(resized).png

Part 3: Mega Man X1 (100% Guide)—Storm Eagle, Launch Octopus & Sting Chameleon (All Trophies)

ACHIEVEMENTS SO FAR:
1) His Name is Actually Vava—Beat the opening stage of X1, X2, X3, or X4 in both the English & Japanese versions (technically not won, but doing it twice doesn't do anything)  

2) In Buster We Trust—Beat any of the eight Maverick bosses. 

3) Gimp My Ride—Destroy an enemy Ride Armor

EAGLE PHANTOM GRAB INSTRUCTIONS:
1) Jump to the ledge with the Heart Tank, face left, and line the back of X's foot just one pixel from the edge.

2) Hold Jump till X starts to descend from his jump, then shoot a boomerang.

3) Hold right to walk off the edge, then Pause Buffer until one of the two visual cues shown in the video (I prefer the 1st, but some people's TVs will cut it off).

4) Press Jump + Dash at the same time, so X will jump in the air without moving, and still move at Dash speed when needed.

5) Press Right immediately after you get the Heart Tank, and the SFX are playing.  Do it right, and you'll have spawned a platform inside your boomerang!

6) Get on the platform and ride it up until you've passed the clouds, then start wall-kicking its right side until it's over the tower with the Sub-Tank.  I haven't mastered this last part...so see this video by Walrus_Prime (1st place in Any%, 2nd Place in 100%), starting from 12:45:
MMX 100% Speedrun Tutorial Part Four: Storm Eagle

WHY THIS WORKS:
The game has "spawn points" for spawning different sections of its levels, including the objects in each one.  If you grab an item from one spawn point, then enter another spawn point exactly frame after you acquire the previous item, the game will get confused and overwrite it with the next item, instead!

In this case, the Heart Tank was in one spawn point, and the platform was in the other.  The Heart Tank entered X immediately before the platforms spawned, so... The Heart Tank became another platform!

REGARDING BOOMERANG CUTTER:
It usually does double what a LVL 1 shot would've done to an enemy, but will do triple to anything weak to it.  It goes in an upward arc, unless you're coming down from a Jump.  Then it goes in a downard arc, instead.  You can also use it to grab items.

REGARDING STORM TORNADO:
It has a deceptively large hitbox, and does 1 DMG per frame to anything that doesn't have invincibility frames.  This increases to 3 DMG per frame to anything weak to it.

"Frames" are a fraction of a second, and Mega Man X runs at a little over 60 frames per second.  That means this attack does over 60 Damage in JUST a second!  You basically have the touch of death on most mini-bosses, and every regular enemy!

REGARDING HOMING MISSILE:
It does 3 DMG to [1/2/4] enemies & 2 DMG to [2/4/5] enemies.  No mini-bosses are weak to it.

ENEMY LIST (Storm Eagle): The three numbers are shots LVL 1, 2, & 3
Sky Claws (Grabby guys): 2 HP (1/2/4) [These do not drop health]
Hoganmers (Shield guys): 8 HP (1/2/4)
Lift Cannons (Pops out of the Ground): 2 HP (2/4/5) [These do not drop health]
Gun Volts (Big blue dudes): 16 HP (1/2/4)
Flamers (Fire guys on platforms): 6 HP (1/2/4) [These do not drop health]
Fuel Tanks: 32 HP (1/2/4) [These do not drop health]
Metall C-15s (Mettaurs): 2 HP (1/2/4)
Ball De Vouxs: 4 HP (2/4/5)
Turrets: 13 HP (2/4/5; Weak to Boomerang Cutter)

ENEMY LIST (Launch Octopus):
Amenhoppers (Grasshoppers): 2 HP (1/2/4)
Sea Attackers (Seahorses): 2 HP (1/2/4)
Gulpfers (They swallow you): 10 HP (1/2/4) [These do not drop health]

ENEMY LIST (Sting Chameleon):
Amenhoppers (Grasshoppers): 2 HP (1/2/4)
Planties (Grass Mettaurs): 2 HP (1/2/4)
Iworms (Water worms): 1 HP
Axe Maxes: 8 HP (1/2/4) [These do not drop health]
Crag Men (Rock guys): 8 HP (1/2/4)
Mad Peckers: 6 HP (1/2/4)
Creepers (Big worms): 1 HP
Jammingers (Giant faces): 2 HP (1/2/4)
Armor Soldier (Ride Armor riders): 3 HP (1/2/4) [These do not drop health]
Ride Armors: 16 HP (1/2/4) [These do not drop health]

MINI-BOSSES:
Anglerges (Angler Fish—Octopus):
HP: 64 (2/4/5; Weak to Boomerang Cutter)
Damage: 2 (Snakes), 4 (Contact)
Invincibility Frames: 0.15 seconds' worth (Storm Tornado=7 HP)

Cruiziler (Ship—Octopus): 
HP: 64 (1/1/2; Weak to Storm Tornado.  Resists other weapons)
Damage: 3 (Torpedoes)
Invincibility Frames: None (Storm Tornado=Dead)

Utuboros (Water Snakes—Octopus): 
HP: 72 (1/1/2; Weak to Boomerang Cutter.  Resists other weapons)
Damage: 4 (Contact)
Invincibility Frames: None (Storm Tornado=Dead)

RT-55J (Sumo Bot—Chameleon): 
HP: 64 (1/1/2; Weak to Boomerang Cutter.  Resists other weapons)
Damage: 2 (Arm Grab), 2 (Contact)
Invincibility Frames: Half a seconds' worth (Storm Tornado=2 HP)

BOSSES:
Storm Eagle:
HP: 32 (1/1/2)
Damage: 2 (Boomerang Cutter), 4 (Contact), 4 (Dead Lift)
Invincibility Frames: 1 seconds' worth.

Launch Octopus:
Damage: 2 (Missiles), 2 (Homing Missiles), 1-15 (Energy Drain), 4 (Contact)

Sting Chameleon:
HP: 32 (1/1/2; Weak to Boomerang Cutter)
Damage: 2 (Spikes), 2 (Chameleon Sting), 4 (Iron Tongue), 4 (Contact), 8 (Ceiling)

Behold!  The world's very first All Achievements speedrun for Mega Man X1!  43:37!  Pretty good for my first run, eh?

MMX1.png

Mega Man X1—100% Speedrun with All Achievements/Trophies (43:37.071)

THUMBNAIL ART BY: Vrime
YOU CAN FIND HIM AT: https://youtube.com/channel/UC4Jdmm9bddQLGYQ1kaQeFdw
[Special thanks.  He made this for me for free!]

NOTE: The frame counter and "Power button pressed" message is there to let verifiers know that I'm not playing back a movie file.  This was recorded all in one sitting, no save states used.  Here it is on the Leaderboards!

https://megamanleaderboards.net/index.php?game=12&category=339

13 minutes ago, FionordeQuester said:

Guess it's not a Fionordequester LP without me forgetting some crucial link or another, eh?  Just added it into the post!

Very cool. Are you thinking of submitting to Speedrun.com or something? There might not be a category for all achievements at the moment but it would beat some other runs there in the 100% and any% categories.

Sigma's cronies are dust, and I have a strat for the Arm Upgrade!  Tune in to see it all play out!

MMX1.png

Part 4: Mega Man X1 (100% Guide)—Spark Mandrill, Flame Mammoth, Armored Armadillo (All Trophies)

ABOUT "MANDRILL 4TH & ARMADILLO 5TH":
This isn't safer, to be clear.  Octopus 4th & Chameleon 5th gets you the armor earlier.  It's just, you also get the Rolling Shield for the Angler Fish mini-bosses in Octopus, which kills them even faster than the Boomerang Cutters, and this route isn't *that* much more dangerous.  Plus, you also have Octopus' weakness weapon, if you're good at hitting him with it.  That's why I chose this route for my speedrun.

REGARDING CHAMELEON STING:
Each of the three prongs do twice the damage of what a LVL 1 shot would’ve done.  It starts as one blast before splitting off, so you need some distance to enjoy its full power.  This is the opposite of Shotgun Ice, where you want to be as close as possible.

REGARDING ELECTRIC SPARK:
This does 2 Damage to [1/2/4] enemies and 6 Damage to [2/4/5] enemies.  It will split into two, if it hits a wall, with both sparks doing the same amount of damage.

REGARDING FIRE WAVE:
Does 1 HP every two frames, but does not work underwater.

ENEMY LIST (Spark Mandrill): The three numbers are shots LVL 1, 2, & 3
Gun Volts (Big blue dudes): 16 HP (1/2/4)
Hotarions (Flying guys): 1 HP 
Famingles (Flamingos): 8 HP (1/2/4)
Rush Roaders: 6 HP (1/2/4)
Turn Cannons (ceiling & floor mounts): 5 HP (1/2/4)
Ball De Vouxs: 4 HP (2/4/5)

ENEMY LIST (Flame Mammoth):
Scrap Robos (Blue guys with no legs): 8 HP (2/4/5)
Scrap (Dragon heads): 12 HP (2/4/5) 
Sky Claws (Grabby guys): 2 HP (1/2/4) [These do not drop health]
Dig Labours: 8 HP (2/4/5)
Rolling Gabyoalls (Pipe guys): 1 HP (immune to all but Rolling Shield)

ENEMY LIST (Armored Armadillo):
Batton Bones (Regular bats): 2 HP (2/4/5)
Batton M-501 (Retro bat): 2 HP (2/4/5)
Famingles (Flamingos): 8 HP (1/2/4)
Spikies (Rolling balls): 2 HP (1/2/4; Will never die in one hit)
Dig Labours: 8 HP (2/4/5)
Metal Wings: 2 HP (2/4/5)

MINI-BOSSES:
Thunder Slimer (Mandrill): 48 HP (1/2/4)
Damage: 4 (Lightning), 5 (Contact)
Invincibility Frames:~ 0.116 seconds' worth (Storm Tornado=9-10 HP)

Mole Borers (Armadillo): 60 HP (1/2/4; Weak to Flame Wave.  Resists other weapons)
Damage:  2 (Contact) or Instant Death (Spikes)
Invincibility Frames:~ 0.083 seconds' worth (Storm Tornado=15 HP)

BOSSES:
Spark Mandrill:
Damage: 4 (Electric Spark), 6 (Dash Punch) 6 (Contact)

Flame Mammoth:
HP: 32 (1/1/2)
Damage: 0 (Oil), 2 (Fireballs), 2 (Fire Wave), 4 (Contact)

Armored Armadillo:
HP: 32 (1/1/1)
Damage: 4 (Head Beam), 6 (Roll), 6 (Contact)

Btw, important question—I'm not going too fast through these vids, am I? Or doing things you're not sure you could imitate? It's a walkthrough first and foremost, so if I'm going too quickly or giving you tips you can't use, that's important to know.

Today, we go over all the beginner strats!  What to do if this Walkthrough is a little scary for you!  This was inspired by NessEggman (on GameFAQS) saying his friends may be intimidated by some of the tricks I showed, so... Good on him!  

Also, this briefly goes over stage effects.

MMX1.png

Parts 2-4 (Beginner Version): All Upgrades & Mavericks (with Achievements)

NOTE:
You should watch this if you have trouble following the normal Walkthrough.  Otherwise, you can skip it without missing anything.

ABOUT THE FRAME RATE:

You must set Youtube to 720p for it to display the SNES' full frame rate. Otherwise, the flickering effects of stuff like the Rolling Shield aren't going to render properly 😞 .

PASSWORD (NO ACHIEVEMENTS): 2221 2222 2222
Skips Opening, gets you x5 Heart Tanks, x2 Sub-Tanks, and the Arm Buster.  Also defeats Armored Armadillo, Launch Octopus, Storm Eagle, & Flame Mammoth.

[Still needs to get Penguin Boots, Kuwanger Heart, Chameleon Armor, Eagle Heart & Helmet, Mammoth Heart, Mandrill Sub-Tank, and Armadillo Sub-Tank & Hadoken]

PASSWORD (ALL ACHIEVEMENTS): 2222 2682 2222
Skips Opening, gets you x5 Heart Tanks, x1 Sub-Tank, and the Dash Boots.  Also defeats Armored Armadillo, Launch Octopus, Chill Penguin & Boomer Kuwanger(!!!)

[Still needs to get Chameleon Armor & Heart, Eagle Helmet, Mammoth Heart & Sub-Tank, Octopus Heart, Mandrill Sub-Tank, and Armadillo Sub-Tank & Hadoken.  However, you want to save Armadillo's stuff till after you beat Sigma Stage 1!  You must also remember to knock off Armadillo's armor with Electric Spark, in the refights.]

HADOKEN INPUT (Kills bosses in 1 hit):
Down, Down + Forward + Forward.  Roll your D-Pad to make that work.

On 2/26/2021 at 9:57 PM, FionordeQuester said:

Btw, important question—I'm not going too fast through these vids, am I? Or doing things you're not sure you could imitate? It's a walkthrough first and foremost, so if I'm going too quickly or giving you tips you can't use, that's important to know.

Naw, you're not going too fast at all. I mean, that's my opinion at least. Names aside I'm not the fastest so if you waited up on me you'd never finish the series.

You know, the route I learned put Spark Mandrill before Boomer Kuwanger. I actually have no idea why. Kind of a weird decision now that I think about it.

Edited by AnonymousSpeed

On 3/6/2021 at 9:22 PM, AnonymousSpeed said:

Naw, you're not going too fast at all. I mean, that's my opinion at least. Names aside I'm not the fastest so if you waited up on me you'd never finish the series.

You know, the route I learned put Spark Mandrill before Boomer Kuwanger. I actually have no idea why. Kind of a weird decision now that I think about it.

Awesome.  Well, the Beginner version's there for all who need it, regardless.  Never a bad thing, right?

As for Mandrill... Hmm... What was your entire route, out of curiosity?  There's probably an answer in there somewhere.

2 minutes ago, FionordeQuester said:

Awesome.  Well, the Beginner version's there for all who need it, regardless.  Never a bad thing, right?

As for Mandrill... Hmm... What was your entire route, out of curiosity?  There's probably an answer in there somewhere.

Neva'.

It went Chill Penguin, Storm Eagle, Flame Mammoth, Spark Mandrill, Armored Armadillo, Launch Octopus, Boomer Kuwanger, Sting Chameleon. So I guess the point was to still kind of follow the weakness order?

Well... Yeah, looks like that'd be the idea.  The only debate there is whether or not Launch Octopus without Cutter is harder than Kuwanger without missiles.  I am curious as to whether other folks have different opinions on that.