February 2021 New Heroes Speculation

Fabulously Olivier

Wants and expectations  

34 members have voted

1. 1. What game are you predicting the banner to be based on?

• Shadow Dragon/New Mystery
    • Gaiden/SoV
    • Geneology of the Holy War
    • Thracia 776
    • Binding Blade
    • Blazing Sword
    • Sacred Stones
    • Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn
    • Awakening
    • Fates
    • Three Houses
    • Warriors
    • Tokyo Mirage Sessions
    • Cipher
    • FEH Original
    • Multiple games/themed
  2. 2. What game would you want it to be for?

• Shadow Dragon/New Mystery
    • Gaiden/SoV
    • Geneology of the Holy War
    • Thracia 776
    • Binding Blade
    • Blazing Sword
    • Sacred Stones
    • Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn
    • Awakening
    • Fates
    • Three Houses
    • Warriors
    • Tokyo Mirage Sessions
    • Cipher
    • FEH Original
    • Multiple games/themed

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/11/2021 at 07:58 PM

Wasn't expecting back to back New Heroes. This will be for the one next week.

I really hope a Heroes BHB isn't indicative of a Heroes OC banner. That would suck. If it is indicative of anything (I think it's not), perhaps we could be getting a Warriors banner or a mixed theme banner - something a game-specific BHB wouldn't line up with.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

14 minutes ago, Othin said:

I'm guessing either Echoes or 3H, since they're the two games that have gotten BHBs relatively recently while still seeming like reasonable candidates.

We haven't had a Valentia banner since Book III, so I'd say it's probably about time for one.

Edited by Morgan--Grandmaster

I'm guessing it'll be a Gaiden/Echoes banner. I'm hoping that the reason the BHB doesn't line up thematically with the NHB like others in the past have is because Gaiden already had a BHB fairly recently. The next best scenario would be that it's one single OC with three Gaiden/Blazing Blade/Archanea/whatever characters.

Just...so long as it isn't an OC banner.

Genealogy hasn't had a NH banner since last year iirc, the one with Shannan, so i'm expecting a Gen1 Genealogy banner (rip my orbs if they're adding Fury)

as always, i want NH banners to be Fates so that i can save orbs in peace

Edited by Yexin

Just now, Yexin said:

Genealogy hasn't had a NH banner since last year iirc, so i'm going with Genealogy

as always, i want NH banners to be Fates so that i can save orbs in peace

Genealogy and Echoes are the two games that have gone a full year since their last New Heroes banner. (Not counting TMS or FE10.)

Only realised when looking at the calendar how far the Hero Rises banner was away. So I've gone from complete disinterest in this banner to "ehh, maybe". Of the candidates mentioned I'd probably be happiest with 3H. If it's Echoes with a re-run Palla (presumably a lance flier) I'd have extremely mixed feelings. And if it's Genealogy then I'd be happy for its fans but it'd have to sell to me based on powercreep alone (which the Thracia banner completely failed to do) - hopefully there'll be some mounted units in the mix at least.

Anyway, I'm going to guess a 3H banner featuring Marianne to demonstrate Murphy's Law in action.

If it’s Valentia, then this will be my guess for the lineup:

• Eitri (Red Tome Flying; Light Mythic)
  • Tatiana (Staff Infantry)
  • Zeke (Lance Cavalry)
  • Luthier (Green Tome Infantry; demote with Gronnfox+)
  • Mycen (Sword Cavalry; quest reward character)
  • Fernand (Lance Cavalry; GHB)

The only thing I’m 100% confident in is that Luthier will not escape being the Gronnfox+ demote, whether he’s on this banner or a later one.

It'd be interesting if they took "leftovers" from various games and threw them in a banner (though I hope that's not the case, since then Boyd would probably be included and I don't have the orbs for him.)

Edited by Mercakete

I still think it's going to be any of Echoes, Genealogy or Three Houses. My vote still went to Echoes since it seems to be the best bet. I don't know, after thinking about it for a while and seeing the next BHB be Heroes character makes me wish it ends up being something completely different like a Warriors or Cipher characters banner.

Personally, while I want an Echoes or Fates banner I don't want it to be this month or next month since there are already plenty of other banners that I know are coming that I want to use orbs on and I'm probably not going to have any orbs by the end of March.

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

• Zeke (Lance Cavalry)

The only thing I’m 100% confident in is that Luthier will not escape being the Gronnfox+ demote, whether he’s on this banner or a later one.

And the ironic thing is that I'm pretty sure he was the highest scoring SoV character not in the game yet.

4 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

And the ironic thing is that I'm pretty sure he was the highest scoring SoV character not in the game yet.

CYL5 fits this. Luthier is first at 82, followed by Tatiana at 120. They're the only ones on the top 200.

31 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Yeah, I'm just going off how IS has loved to screw male mages over (regardless of their popularity) more often than not.

Even aside from some of the more obvious cases (Canas, Leo, Knoll), we also have guys like M!Robin and Soren (12th and 17th in CYL5 respectively, and yet they collectively only have 3 alts) wasting away as mediocre 3*-4* units (especially M!Robin). Occasionally they let some slip through the cracks (Asbel being the latest example), but most aren't nearly as lucky (even if they were also 5* exclusive like Hubert and Ced).

36 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, I'm just going off how IS has loved to screw male mages over (regardless of their popularity) more often than not.

Even aside from some of the more obvious cases (Canas, Leo, Knoll), we also have guys like M!Robin and Soren (12th and 17th in CYL5 respectively, and yet they collectively only have 3 alts) wasting away as mediocre 3*-4* units (especially M!Robin). Occasionally they let some slip through the cracks (Asbel being the latest example), but most aren't nearly as lucky (even if they were also 5* exclusive like Hubert and Ced).

It's worth noting that Asbel was known for being an especially powerful unit in his own game, and for having a strong prf. Same with Ced.

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

Soren has 1 alt (Valentine's) and Robin has his Christmas and Fallen alts, but I thought Robin had at least 1 more. At least he has a resplendent version, but I wouldn't count that as an alt since it's counted as the same as his base version.

Even so, the fact that they got that much attention is better than a lot of characters, so I wouldn't site them as good examples to the claim that IS doesn't give love to their male mages. It's probably just that they don't give as much attention to them as main lords and busty ladies.

3 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Soren has 1 alt (Valentine's) and Robin has his Christmas and Fallen alts, but I thought Robin had at least 1 more. At least he has a resplendent version, but I wouldn't count that as an alt since it's counted as the same as his base version.

Even so, the fact that they got that much attention is better than a lot of characters, so I wouldn't site them as good examples to the claim that IS doesn't give love to their male mages. It's probably just that they don't give as much attention to them as main lords and busty ladies.

Robin M just has his regular/winter/fallen versions plus the resplendent.

52 minutes ago, Othin said:

It's worth noting that Asbel was known for being an especially powerful unit in his own game, and for having a strong prf. Same with Ced.

Yeah, I know Asbel had Grafcalibur in Thracia and that fact is likely why he turned out as well as he did.

Ced, on the other hand, wasn't even particular impressive at his debut despite his popularity and credentials and is now firmly stuck in the shadow of his own student (among others).

23 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Nope, M!Robin has not gotten another alt since that Fallen alt (which becomes three years old by the end of this month).

Given that we're talking about a character who has never placed outside of the top 20 in any CYL, it's honestly insulting that he only has two alts (and one of them was made completely obsolete thanks to Winter Hilda) and his hopelessly abysmal original version.

14 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Ced, on the other hand, wasn't even particular impressive at his debut

and i'm perfectly fine with this, i didn't want Seti to be a 100% powercreep of Levin

9 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

• Zeke (Lance Cavalry)

That's very similar to what I think the lineup will end up being, although I expect them to use Palla if Eitri isn't there and leave Mycen in the dust.

Giving Legendary Hero Alfonse, Enemies Unit for Eitri, More Special Hero For Amelia (FE8) & Gatekeeper (FE16).

Giving Collaboration Hero Isabelle (ACNL), Stahn Aileron (TOD) & Brave Heroes For Dorothea (FE16) & Reinhardt (FE5).

Giving Mythic Hero Freyr (Original), New Heroes For Ashen Wolves & Grand Hero Battle For Manfroy (FE4), Fernand (FE15) & Thales (FE16).

Edited by Gustavo Ramirez Mella