February 2021 New Heroes Speculation

Fabulously Olivier

Wants and expectations  

34 members have voted

1. 1. What game are you predicting the banner to be based on?

• Shadow Dragon/New Mystery
    • Gaiden/SoV
    • Geneology of the Holy War
    • Thracia 776
    • Binding Blade
    • Blazing Sword
    • Sacred Stones
    • Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn
    • Awakening
    • Fates
    • Three Houses
    • Warriors
    • Tokyo Mirage Sessions
    • Cipher
    • FEH Original
    • Multiple games/themed
  2. 2. What game would you want it to be for?

• Shadow Dragon/New Mystery
    • Gaiden/SoV
    • Geneology of the Holy War
    • Thracia 776
    • Binding Blade
    • Blazing Sword
    • Sacred Stones
    • Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn
    • Awakening
    • Fates
    • Three Houses
    • Warriors
    • Tokyo Mirage Sessions
    • Cipher
    • FEH Original
    • Multiple games/themed

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/11/2021 at 07:58 PM

7 minutes ago, Gustavo Ramirez Mella said:

Giving Legendary Hero Alfonse, Enemies Unit for Eitri, More Special Hero For Amelia (FE8) & Gatekeeper (FE16).

Giving Collaboration Hero Isabelle (ACNL), Stahn Aileron (TOD) & Brave Heroes For Dorothea (FE16) & Reinhardt (FE5).

Giving Mythic Hero Freyr (Original), New Heroes For Ashen Wolves & Grand Hero Battle For Manfroy (FE4) Fernand (FE15) & Thales (FE16).

Most of that is a bit outside of the scope of this thread. This is specifically about next week's New Heroes banner (and the associated GHB), not any Special/Legendary/Mythic heroes or anything later in the year.

On 2/10/2021 at 11:40 AM, Tybrosion said:

If it’s Valentia, then this will be my guess for the lineup:

• Eitri (Red Tome Flying; Light Mythic)
  • Tatiana (Staff Infantry)
  • Zeke (Lance Cavalry)
  • Luthier (Green Tome Infantry; demote with Gronnfox+)
  • Mycen (Sword Cavalry; quest reward character)
  • Fernand (Lance Cavalry; GHB)

The only thing I’m 100% confident in is that Luthier will not escape being the Gronnfox+ demote, whether he’s on this banner or a later one.

Giving them too much credit by predicting 3 males. Obviously getting an alt of Catria and/or Palla to skew the banner.

(Also, I legit had to google who Eitri was - she made that little of an impression on me.)

If it's an alt and Echoes, I hope they lay off the Pegasus sisters. Tired of them. Give Mae one. I don't even understand why she isn't the most popular Echoes female after Celica. 

Still prefer no alt, even if it means they go Hestia or Nuibaba if they really need a second female. 

Edited by Vince777

1 hour ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Giving them too much credit by predicting 3 males. Obviously getting an alt of Catria and/or Palla to skew the banner.

I didn’t put Palla there because Eitri is there instead. My entire idea here is that they use Eitri as the additional female so that they don’t have to make any alts.

1 hour ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

(Also, I legit had to google who Eitri was - she made that little of an impression on me.)

Well, she did only show up at the very end of the latest story chapter so I can’t fault you for not remembering her.

Oh and speaking of that chapter, I hope all of us are ready for the Chain Challenge version of it where Fafnir’s stats will be further inflated.

Hmm if it's a SoV banner, then I'd hope for...Hm. Most of my favorites are in, but the one I want the most from that game is Fernand, followed by Jedah, I think (I'm interested to see the latter trying to talk to Sonya, and his reaction to Duma. Maybe Fallen Celica and Fallen Berkut, too. I am MUCH more interested in getting Fernand than any of the others, though.) Also, Deen. Sonya's been in for a long time; it'd be nice if he made it in soon. Conversations between them would be interesting, I think. Atlas is nice, too. All of Nomah's kids are in, so it'd be nice to see him, too. And I like that idea of King Lima coming in, just to see his response to Conrad and Valentine's Alm+Celica. Interactions between him and Rudolf would also be interesting. And how would Mila even treat him? Mycen would be a nice addition, too, of course. Oh man, sometime after Fernand gets in, I'd like to see Slayde come in. Can you imagine the response from the Deliverance/Zofian knights? XD "Oh no; he's here. Why is he here?" And Kamui. He's the only one of that trio (Kamui, Valbar, and Leon) still missing. Obviously, Luthier would be welcome, too. Poor guy; I liked him and agreed with him WAY more than I did his sister, and rather did not like how their supports ended.

I never got the appeal of Zeke and Tatiana. Zeke as a character, sure. Noble knights are cool. Their relationship, and Tatiana in general, though? Not me.

1 hour ago, Mercakete said:

I never got the appeal of Zeke and Tatiana. Zeke as a character, sure. Noble knights are cool. Their relationship, and Tatiana in general, though? Not me.

Well, that’s a shame since she’s the one character who is all but guaranteed to be present on a new Valentia banner.

Tatiana is literally the last missing female from the playable cast, and there’s no way in hell IS ever makes an all male New or Special Heroes banner (because there has never been even one in FEH’s history).

Normal Rinea could also be an option if they're really hurting on female SoV characters. Even if her popularity has dropped a bit and she's an NPC who canonically doesn't fight ... well, Lilith exists. And they could push her with a premium kit if they really wanted to.

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

Normal Rinea could also be an option if they're really hurting on female SoV characters. Even if her popularity has dropped a bit and she's an NPC who canonically doesn't fight ... well, Lilith exists. And they could push her with a premium kit if they really wanted to.

Honestly, I feel like that would be exceedingly pointless due to ballroom Rinea's outfit being practically identical to her default outfit anyways.

If they're going to add Rinea again, I feel like they should save her for a future Fallen banner and make her witch form its own unit instead of just being an accessory to Fallen Berkut.

3 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Well, that’s a shame since she’s the one character who is all but guaranteed to be present on a new Valentia banner.

Tatiana is literally the last missing female from the playable cast, and there’s no way in hell IS ever makes an all male New or Special Heroes banner (because there has never been even one in FEH’s history).

Yeah, I totally agree here. The good news there is that her fans get appeased and I don't have to spend orbs on her.

If they're going to add Rinea again, I feel like they should save her for a future Fallen banner and make her witch form its own unit instead of just being an accessory to Fallen Berkut.

These are my thoughts, too. It would actually be fun to have a reversal of Fallen Berkut for Fallen Rinea, with some sort of cosmetic representation of Fallen Berkut being in Fallen Rinea's artwork.

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

Honestly, I feel like that would be exceedingly pointless due to ballroom Rinea's outfit being practically identical to her default outfit anyways.

You say it would be exceedingly pointless but Reinhardt and Olwen's main pool alts are literally identical to their default outfits

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

Perhaps, but her witch form is (for better or worse) already an accessory to Fallen Berkut. Also, for people who genuinely like her as a character it might be a disappointment for them to never get a base form of Rinea who talks about happier times and things besides dancing and only get the one that's ... well, basically dead.

I don't have any personal investment on whether Rinea is added in her regular form or not, just saying that she's still available as an option if SoV is THAT concerned about running short on female characters they can toss onto banners with all the missing dudes.

Edited by Sunwoo

15 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I don't have any personal investment on whether Rinea is added in her regular form or not, just saying that she's still available as an option if SoV is THAT concerned about running short on female characters they can toss onto banners with all the missing dudes.

Personally, I'd rather get a second Rinea than a fourth Palla or third Est.

Yeah, and I'll gladly take two more Catrias and Pallas each before even one more version of Berkut's plank of wood accessory.

There's a reason why Catria (65th in CYL5) has multiple alts while Rinea (224th in CYL5) is only in FEH once.

10 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, and I'll gladly take two more Catrias and Pallas each before even one more version of Berkut's plank of wood accessory.

There's a reason why Catria (65th in CYL5) has multiple alts while Rinea (224th in CYL5) is only in FEH once.

224th is still too damn high. That puts Plank higher than many of the unacceptably massive number of actual characters who are not in.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

6 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Its been ages since we've had a Geneology gen 1 banner, and now its officially Azelle's turn so I'm rooting for that option. 

Well done.

13 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Its been ages since we've had a Geneology gen 1 banner, and now its officially Azelle's turn so I'm rooting for that option. 

Haha. Congratulations. 

Putting up the March new heroes thread later today. With a "no Rinea discussion (beyond predicting/wanting her)" stipulation to appease the mods. Just because we've gotten that out of our systems and SoV is probably next.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier