Your most wanted Seals?

Jotari

This haul of Seals from Tempest trials looks really good. Life and Death and Bracing Stance are both really nice skills to have as seals (I expect, haven't played around with them yet). And with more level 4 skills coming around and seals showing no sign of going to leave 4, I think we can continue to expect better skills as seals. We might see a Distant Counter seal some day yet. But what Seals would you most like to see now?

Personally I'm passed ready to get Goad/Ward skills. And I thought we were going to trend that way when they gave us Hone Dragons. Thought we'd get Hone/Fortify Cavalry and Armour and then move on to Goad/Ward, but nah, they just gave Hone Dragons and no other movement type C skill buffs.

Edited by Jotari

I think it wouldn't be farfetched to ask for an Armored Stride sacred seal.
I mean, it's the exact same skill as Armor March, albeit with different trigger conditions, and Armored Boots already enables an HP conditional of the exact same skill. What could go wrong with having 3 different seals that give essentially the same effect?

7 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I think it wouldn't be farfetched to ask for an Armored Stride sacred seal.
I mean, it's the exact same skill as Armor March, albeit with different trigger conditions, and Armored Boots already enables an HP conditional of the exact same skill. What could go wrong with having 3 different seals that give essentially the same effect?

I think we'll get it eventually, but right now it's still a pretty exclusive skill, so they'll hang off until Brave Edelgard is less of a money making unit.

7 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Fury

Vantage (I can see why they wouldn't add this one)

Guard

Windsweep/Watersweep

Link skills

Sabotage skills

Infantry Pulse

Infantry Rush

Oh wow, we don't have a Guard seal. That's actually one of the first seals I would have put in the game. As Guard is a skill in the awkward range of "It's actually pretty useful, just completely outclassed by everything else it's competing against", which is the territory in which Seal skills shine.

Edited by Jotari

I'm thinking more utility skills, which should have been introduced seals in the first place. Talking about Valor and Exp skills, plus the Live for Honor/Bounty skills too (remember them?). Just some nice quality-of-life seals really.

Obligatory Embla's Ward.

10 minutes ago, Ether said:

A bit of an oddball pick, but I really want Bold Fighter,  and its solely for the reason of sticking it on LEdelgard and watching the chaos ensue. 

Bold Fighter, Vengeful Fighter and Special Spiral are the only somewhat old skills which seem too broken to put on Seals at this time in my mind. Though speaking of old skills and wish Breath skills, like the ones on Ike, were more common? Those were really good back in the day, and would be somewhat  useful even today, but they only come around one in half a dozen blue moons.

Wings of Mercy, so my dancers stop all needing to inherit it.

Looking through the list, some other stuff that could be fun and not too unreasonable is Triangle Adept, the Lunge series, Breaker skills, and Wrathful/Dazzling Staff.

Edited by Othin

I really wonder why Guard isn't a seal yet.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

ooking through the list, some other stuff that could be fun and not too unreasonable is Triangle Adept, the Lunge series, Breaker skills, and Wrathful/Dazzling Staff.

I can't see any movement skills happening as seals because then what happens if you have Drag Back in B and Lunge as a seal?

Just now, Florete said:

I can't see any movement skills happening as seals because then what happens if you have Drag Back in B and Lunge as a seal?

I don't know, but it sounds hilarious.

Dazzling and Wrathful Staff would be nice to help people stop complaining about how they squandered their inheritance whenever a staff refine is introduced.

A:
Shields
Triangle Adept
Fury
Solos
Sessions

B:
Guard
Desperation
Vantage
Dulls
Breakers
Wings of Mercy
Escape Route
Cantrips

C;
Hones/Fortifies
Goads/Wards
Odd Waves
Dual Stat Threatens
Inf. Hexblade
Infantry Breath
Infantry Rush
Infantry Flash
Panic Smoke
Ground Orders
Armored Stride

Sacred Seal:
Phantoms

1 minute ago, Humanoid said:

Obligatory Embla's Ward.

And also Múspellflame and Niðavellir Axiom.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

the Lunge series,

That might cause issues if the unit has those skills in the B slot though. If the unit has Drag Back and Knock Back, it matters which skill happens first for example. I guess they could just say the B slot one always activate first (or vice versa), or neither one activates.

3 minutes ago, Florete said:

Good point. They could add a line about the effect not working if the unit has multiple movement skills, I guess. We've seen stuff like that on Constant Dagger and the new Save skills.

Another odd thing I just noticed, we have all four of the Even Wave skills as Seals, but none of the Odd Wave skills. They're not the most useful skills in the world so there's not much express need for them, but it's blood strange to do one and not the other, especially since pairing them with the C skills can allow for more effective use to have the buff all the time (which we can do currently, but only if you have Even skills naturally on the unit, which I suppose isn't so hard to do since they're not high priority skills, still I demand completeness).

Edited by Jotari

Counter skills (distant, close, foils, wards), although I fing it highly unlikely as they are pretty strong
Fury for the memes and Valter (so for the memes in the end)
Solo skills

I also wish we could get some tier4 skills as seals in the near future - it would freshen up the game a bit I think.

What I don‘t want to see are Lull skills - magine someone running Lull Atk/Def on slot B, and Lull Spd/Res as seal. Getting all your buffs cleared and getting debuffs in all stats on top of it just sounds way too bothersome to deal with.

Fury so Eldigan can run triple Fury on top of his Resplendent stats.

Svalinn Shield.

Disarm Trap.

All of the Goads and Wards.

3 hours ago, coldhand25 said:

What I don‘t want to see are Lull skills - magine someone running Lull Atk/Def on slot B, and Lull Spd/Res as seal. Getting all your buffs cleared and getting debuffs in all stats on top of it just sounds way too bothersome to deal with.

Legendary Julia and Fallen Julia already do this.

Edited by Ice Dragon

21 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Legendary Julia and Fallen Julia already do this.

Fair enough, but imagine everyone doing this.

Maybe it's not actually as broken as I thought of it at first. But I'm sure if it were to become reality I would have my fair share of problems working a way around it.

hm lets see

seals i could see be released and want:

A:
Fury
Form skill line (after the solo line is finished
Push skill line after the Form line is finished
Def Smoke
Bonus Doubler

B:
Link skills
Dull close
Dull ranged
Guard
Double Seal Atk/Def etc skills
Shield Pulse
Could see Wrathfull and Dazzling staff as seals

C :
Order skills from flyers
Opening skills

And thats pretty much it. I really dont think they will give out any form of Shield as a Seal and WoM and Escape Route will never happen as a seal. Vantage wont happen either.

I could see Desperation happening, but i wouldnt hold my breath. and I dont think all those seals will be released. But i really think Guard and Fury is happening very soon.

2 hours ago, coldhand25 said:

Fair enough, but imagine everyone doing this.

Maybe it's not actually as broken as I thought of it at first. But I'm sure if it were to become reality I would have my fair share of problems working a way around it.

Super tank teams already avoid using bonus buffs and many players phase teams are not reliant on buffs either, so canceling all buffs is not huge must have effect in my opinion.

While Blade mages are super reliant on buffs, there are other types of nukes available. Fast Brave archers and Galeforcers are still cheap to build and are reasonably effective. Firesweep archers and healers are a bit more expensive, but they shut down anything that does not have Null C-Disrupt, and their skills are technically in the 4* pool now too.

Until they decide to give us tier 4 seals I see little point in the pushes. The t3 versions are incredibly restrictive, they were kinda dead slots until t4 unlocked them to a single engagement without specific builds or outside support. 

22 minutes ago, Ether said:

Until they decide to give us tier 4 seals I see little point in the pushes. The t3 versions are incredibly restrictive, they were kinda dead slots until t4 unlocked them to a single engagement without specific builds or outside support. 

Yeah, t3 Push and Form are pretty weak compared to existing seals.

8 hours ago, coldhand25 said:

Counter skills (distant, close, foils, wards), although I fing it highly unlikely as they are pretty strong
Fury for the memes and Valter (so for the memes in the end)

I also wish we could get some tier4 skills as seals in the near future - it would freshen up the game a bit I think.

hey don't knock triple fury meme Valter, he holds up surprisingly well in my AR-O astra team. : P

god, imagine Duessel with Lull seals ... he'd be even more broken than he is now.

Apart from the ones commonly mentioned here, i'd be here for 'disarm trap' - niche, but would be super nice for a dancer or your bonus Askr unit for utility reasons.