FE2 Legendary Weapons (Astra/Luna/Sol)

Nevermore

So I was reading up on trying to get these weapons and I was wondering if I could cheese it with save states. For instance, I'm on chapter 3 and I made a save state on the world map right in front of the Forest Temple on Alm's route. Could I just walk in, check the gargoyles to see if they have Astra, and then reload if they don't have it? Would Astra even show up in their inventory or does the game decide if I get it after I kill one of them? Is the RNG set before I even enter? I know the GBA games follow a script that can be manipulated, does Gaiden have something similar?

I am not 100% certain, but I do not think so. Save states are like a photo- They capture everything going on in that exact moment. I.E, if the spawn rate for x item requires the first rn to be 5 or lower and the save-state has the first rn as 90, each time you reload that state, the first rn will still be 90. (Or, in other words, if you reload a save state at the beginning of a map and each time do the exact same actions, the results should be identical.)

As to having to defeat them or not to get the legendary weapons, I'm afraid that's out of my realm of knowledge.

9 hours ago, Benice said:

Save states are like a photo- They capture everything going on in that exact moment. I.E, if the spawn rate for x item requires the first rn to be 5 or lower and the save-state has the first rn as 90, each time you reload that state, the first rn will still be 90. (Or, in other words, if you reload a save state at the beginning of a map and each time do the exact same actions, the results should be identical.)

yeah, nope. that's not entirely true, it partially depends on the game's engine too.

for example, there's FE titles from the SNES era that have aΒ "true" RNG factor, therefore you may have different battle results each time you reload a save state.

on the other hand, GBA titles have pretty much a "fixed" RNG, meaning that no matter how many times you reload a save state, if the game decided to kill one of your units, it will always die.

Β 

then again, it also depends on when you actually used a save state. if it's beforeΒ a battle, where calculations have yet to beΒ processed, you may have different results based on different factors.

if you used a save state right after the beginning of a battle, the calculations processed should be the same no matter the engine, therefore ending the encounter with the previous/same outcome.

Β 

not sure how it works forΒ items dropΒ in FE2 though.

NES titles are pretty arcane, and considering the very low drop rate of those weapons, i suggest you to gather enough infos before trying your luck with either save states or grinding.

Edited by 𝙡ᴇɴʀᴇΙͺΚ€