Happy Valentine's Day!

indigoasis

Hey there.

It has once again reached that time of year where love and attraction is at it's most concentrated. 

We all hear the same general thing every year, but I think that it absolutely bears repeating this year:

If you're single, in some kind of relationship, or both, I just wanted to let you know that there are people here and out there that care about you and your wellbeing, even if you don't realize it. Especially due to current world events, times have gotten really tough, and it can be difficult to stay positive. I don't know what's going on in everyone's personal lives, whether things are going good or going bad for you, but kindness can go a long way. As such, I would ask that you treat everyone that you meet with kindness and respect and reciprocate any kindness that you receive, if only just for Valentine's. It might just make someone's day! But, like, stay 6 feet apart and wear a mask, please.

If you ever need to talk about anything, there's a whole community here that you can fall back on to help you out. 

Please feel free to share anything that you think would be encouraging/funny/helpful/insightful/whatever to others! I'm going to link the soundtrack for Mother 4 (it's been rebranded to Oddity, definitely check it out!) for something nice to listen to if you want some background music.

Stay safe, everyone!

Image result for valentine's day memes fire emblem

31 minutes ago, indigoasis said:

Image result for valentine's day memes fire emblem

This is beautiful.

And yes, happy love day, everyone! Hope that you'll be able to at least see loved ones!

Thank you for posting something so positive and encouraging.

I wish I could say something more helpful or uplifting to others beyond a simple wishing them well, but that's all I have, I guess.

So Happy Valentine's Day to everyone. I hope you all can receive as much love as you have to give or have given to others already. ❤️

Oh that’s today?

Happy Valentine’s Day one and all! I hope things are going good for everyone in COVID-19 and I’m sorry if they’re not.

Edited by Sooks

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I have to dig these up:

fe_vday_05.jpgfe_vday_02.jpg

They're official, circa 2013!😘

Happy Valentine's Day to all, here is to a world of love and passion!💞

oh my gosh, that one with Emmeryn is too on the nose, lol

Thanks for this, I needed to read something positive.  I made chocolate for my parents since I don't have anyone right now and I wanted to do something nice for them.  I wish everyone a good day today and I hope that the sun is shining where you are.

9 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I have to dig these up:

fe_vday_05.jpgfe_vday_02.jpg

They're official, circa 2013!😘

Happy Valentine's Day to all, here is to a world of love and passion!💞

"And in this game, death is forever" …unless you obtain the spotpass missions in Emmeryn's case; then you turn out to be a-okay apart from a bit of forgetfulness.

Here's a story that I think might be relevant to today being Valentine's Day; I've been taking a course on Arthurian Literature as an elective, and the story we most recently covered was a lai (romance poem) written by Marie de France called Lanval. It's a fascinating story where a down-on-his-luck and socially overlooked knight named Lanval ends up meeting a lady of the fay, and the two of them fall in love. She makes him promise never to reveal her or their relationship to anyone, and in exchange she'll appear whenever he's alone.

When he returns to Arthur's court, the queen tries to seduce him and he refuses. When she then accuses him of trying to seduce her, he retorts that he's in love with a maiden whose lowliest maidservants are more beautiful than the queen. The court reasons that he's probably innocent and tells him, "If she shows up before the end of the trial, we'll declare you innocent. If not, however, we'll have to rule you guilty of insulting the queen." When Lanval's alone, the lady doesn't show, and it's because he broke his promise. He is emotionally devastated by this and is completely apologetic. At the absolute last possible second, the lady appears before the court (I think she probably forgave him quite some time before that and deliberately waited until the last second to watch him sweat). Disillusioned with Arthur's court, Lanval leaves with the lady for Avalon. 

• 10 months later...