New Heroes: Enduring Legacy

NSSKG151

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kind of figured it was a coin flip between Genealogy or Echoes. I'm kind of happy it ended up being Genealogy since I can easily skip it and save orbs for the AHR banner in March and Genealogy probably needed more representation anyways. Don't really know any of these characters but another axe cavalry is nice since we need more of those in Heroes. Now, what will March's New Heroes banner be since that could also be Echoes but I could also easily see it being Fates or Three Houses.

Edited by NSSKG151

Daaaamn, whyyyyyy? Why did Erinys had to show up when I'm out of orbs? I spent all of them trying to get Henriette and I still don't have her (got THREE Duo Lifs instead!).

Anyway, glad this is a spark banner so at least I can keep saving to get the 40 pulls. Took me a while to figure out who the hell Annand was but then I realized it was Mahnya from the old translation.

Btw, the GHB is Dithorba (Deetvar in the old translation).

So, who the actual fuck is the GHB unit even? I have no idea who this is, and if they're mentioned on the SF Genealogy character page I ... don't see them?

Tier 4 Duel Infantry and Flying? Geez, nothing is truly safe from the giant yellow border...
Grand Hero Battle will be against... Díthorba, probably a Sword Flier based on her weapon in GotHW.

• Annand has a sword version of the Deck Swabber and a largely defensive-looking set. Guard Bearing is entering the summoning pool... and that's about all I'll say on that matter.
  • Azelle looks good I guess. Desperation would be better than Snag.
  • Oh wow, Lex has a Prf Axe that absolutely tanks his Res, but boosts his Def. That's an interesting take on the Prf Brave weapon... I think... I mean, it is for the demote anyway.
  • Oh dear, Erinys has a pseudo-Brave weapon that DOESN'T require her be on a flier ball team (be near a support ally, but come on that's just asking for her to be paired with Velouria or Rafiel), and is probably gonna be much faster than Young Palla. If it weren't for Palla's duo skill, I'd almost consider this a murder...

...that's about it. What do you want from me, I never played Genealogy.

Tier 4 Duel Skills, huh? Well it was only a matter of time. It's nice that they distinguish between Legendary/ Mythics and regular Heroes though, that's appreciated. To be perfectly honest I'm actually tempted to get R Duel Infantry for my Eirika. Now if only I could get Joint Hone Spd too...you'd think they'd have increases the inherit skill cap again by now.

I'm fairly confident in my Orb supply so I may end up pulling for that fodder and Erinys. It's still incredibly annoying that Impact Skills and Guard Bearing are still 5* locked while someone with a new kind of Brave Axe is demoted though 😕

2 minutes ago, Ether said:

Dithorba is otherwise known as Deet'Var, and is a boss in chapter 4.

Oh.

... I'm not gonna lie, I'm still scratching my head over why this unit was picked to be the GHB. I feel like either Beowulf or Chulainn or any other not-popular playable character who starts as an enemy unit and scored poorly in CYL5 should've been the GHB. Or they could've made Annand the GHB and put Claude, Aideen, or Brigid on the banner instead as a colorless unit.

Edited by Sunwoo

Holy shit, what a range of emotions.

• FE4 banner. FUCK YES. I didn't think they'd do it so soon after FE5 again, but they did!
  • Years of people speculating about Azelle finally being a demote red tome cav and he's neither of those things. Instead he brings in the first Duel 4 skill, which looks like a big upgrade! I wonder how much SP it'll cost.
  • Lex is the demote, and also has a prf! It's not a super exciting one, but it's still neat, especially with how long it's been since we've gotten a new 3-4* axe cav. I'm definitely merging him as soon as I get the chance.
  • One pegasus boss on the banner, and another one as the GHB. Which is fucking hilarious, but also means no regular Brigid, and no major villains like Manfroy or Lombard. And man, if we keep getting one FE4 banner of alternating gens each year, that means the soonest we could see them is 2023??? I guess it's good that they're spacing things out enough to be able to actually support another FE4 Gen 1 banner, but still, augh. At least it has the three big ones I wanted who weren't yet in Heroes at all.
  • More color sharing, they've been doing a lot of that lately. I wonder if it's because of the complicated interaction with sparking. I'll pull red/blue and try to spark Azelle or Erinys, probably expanding to all colors if I get either one. If I get both, I'm not sure how many pulls in I'd have to be to keep going for Annand, it'd be hard to pass up on a good deal on a spark but at the same time I do not care at all about her. Either way, I'll have to prioritize this over returning to the Valentine's banner, which takes a chunk out of my chances there.

So FE4 Gen 1 this time, huh? RIP Echoes (not that it surprises me when there's so few units left, and most are red swords to boot). 

In general this banner is a disappointment fodder wise, but let's check each unit either way. 

So we start with an NPC (a very good looking NPC, but an NPC nontheless). Annand is the token "more fodder than unit" of the banner, kinda wish she was a GHB instead. So her weapon is akin to those from the Pirate banner which is pretty awesome with that Solo Lull, Sturdy Impact is nifty to have and Guard Bearing is kinda niche but has potential for certain builds. Sword Fliers aren't all that common and Annand strikes me as having Caeda's stat spread but with Gen 5 BST. Tentative 6~6.5/10. 

Azelle is a character my sister loves, so I'm sure she'll be happy to know he's in FEH now. If I'm reading correctly, his Prf is like Freyja's exclusive B skill in that it punishes buffs, or maybe it's more akin to Legion's Prf. One of those two and it's pretty strong for AR-D and Arena where visible buffs are the norm. So Duel 4 skills are now a thing? Still garbage, if one cares about scoring they'd be better off trying to +10 Duo units that have 190 BST scoring and can run deadly builds instead of gimping themselves, and they can also be blessed. Joint Hone Spd is eh, the Rally Up+ and Ruse are nice. Tentative 7/10, fodder is 4.5/10, tho. 

Lex is interesting, he comes with a Prf Axe (RIP Finn fans) despite being a demote so he'll do fine for a while in arena. He's guaranteed to be min maxed to hell with no Spd/Res and incredibly high Atk/Def so that's cool. Accesible Axe cavs are hard to come by so he's a welcome addition to the normal pool. Tentative 5.5/10 because Res is a big deal and Lex's Prf hurts him bad in that respect. 

And lastly we have Lewyns most likely wife (if one isn't going for speedrun strats with Artur). Fodder wise she offers Harsh Command+ and Atk/Def Rein because Duel skills suck and dual Chills are a waste of the B slot. Her Prf is pretty nifty with that easy to trigger Brave condition, although it would've been better if it had the Slaying effect instead of Atk+3 for easy Galeforce procs. Oh well, you can't win them all. Lance Flier is oversaturated and Erinys doesn't seem to bring all that much to the table. Tentative 6/10. 

UWGUEGEWGWUGWUGVEG!!!

WTF!? HOW!? How did this happen? I... I voted for Dithorba... am I magic or something? Am I magic only for pegasus knights, since it worked for Tanith too?

I'm shook. Literally cannot believe that days ago I joked that the fout pegasus knights of Silesse would never get into Heroes. Maybe only Erin, in a year or so.

And this happens...

Pamela confirmed for next Genealogy banner?

1 minute ago, GrandeRampel said:

UWGUEGEWGWUGWUGVEG!!!

WTF!? HOW!? How did this happen? I... I voted for Dithorba... am I magic or something? Am I magic only for pegasus knights, since it worked for Tanith too?

I'm shook. Literally cannot believe that days ago I joked that the fout pegasus knights of Silesse would never get into Heroes. Maybe only Erin, in a year or so.

And this happens...

Pamela confirmed for next Genealogy banner?

So that was why her name seemed familiar, lol.

I'm happy Azelle finally gets in! I'd pull for him a little if he was the 4* unit, perhaps, but I'll just have to hope to get him on accident someday instead. He's color sharing and I don't care for the peg ladies. Lex is cool; glad he's in, and I like that quote about the goddess he got his axe from. Clever way to incorporate all that.

Anyway, other than that, I'm looking forward to the story advancing, and getting more orbs. Not spending on this banner, I think, but I do hope to get Azelle someday! Kind of tempted to pop him onto a team with some of his family members. You know, Arvis, Julius, Fallen Julia...

I won't lie, it took me a moment to remember who Dithorba was (partially because I remember her as Deetvar). Definitely an odd choice considering there's a number of notable villains still waiting in the wings, but I guess they wanted this banner to be Silesse focused and didn't want to do any of the uncles. It also probably helped that she had a playable daughter in Thracia (Misha), though I don't think we'll see her in the game for a while. 

Annand is also another strange choice, but with her it's likely they wanted a fodder unit along the lines of Fiora and she's an important enough NPC for the chapter she's in to justify it. I still would've made her the GHB personally, but eh, at least Guard Bearing is in the normal pool in some capacity. 

Lex is looking good for a demote, I'm glad they gave him a Prf weapon considering he's known for the Hero Axe. 

Edited by Medeus

So the monkey's paw is that instead of one Palla in a Valentia banner we get two Pallas in a Genealogy banner? 😛 Ahem. Anyway, I can't quibble with the game or character selection and happy with the diversity of movement types, even if I've never heard of Annand and D... the GHB guy. But the presence of the Arena skills on two of the exclusive units and the other one feeling almost demote-quality. kills the banner for me I think. Tickets on blue I guess.

Lex will be a great addition in the 3-4* general pool though, feels like the best demote in a long while, if not ever. Maybe since Ares?

Hm... There is nobody I particularly want. Well, I technically want Lex, but he is a 4* demote, so I rather just get him naturally via 4* summons later rather than having him pity break my 5* rate. I use Olivia and Cordelia as my Arena core, so I would definitely benefit the most if I snipe on red and blue, but that is about it.

As for my guarantee summon, no one looks particularly appealing. Sparking Tome is super bland, and it seems pretty crap outside of Arena, and that is assuming the enemy uses Rallies rather than Harsh Command. Silesse Frost would seem pretty nice if Whitedown Spear did not already exist; Erinys just feels like a waterdown version of TSOIA!Palla. I guess having a water down version of something amazing is still better than a Weapon that is bland and super situational.

Yeah, I guess I will just snipe red and blue, and guarantee summon Erinys. Lex will come to me later sooner or later.

8 minutes ago, GodSejeong97 said:

WOOOO!! Yeah baby, that's what I've been waiting for!! All they're all good!

WTH.png.6628f739dec4394d1255c1462d449fbd.png

Fury in shambles.

From a performance perspective, Fury is still way better for the recoil damage for Wings of Mercy as well as having slightly better Atk/Spd. Duel 4 skills are still a pretty decent skill for debuffers relying on HP to give them a bit of extra bulk and protection, but they serve a completely different purpose from Fury. Fury is a combat skill. Ignoring the scoring aspect, from a performance standpoint, Duel skills are for support.

Edited by XRay

Wow, 3 green-haired pegasus knights on the same update (Annand, Erinys, and Dithorba). Also the first time we had a new axe cavalier in the permanent pool since Titania (a book 1 unit)! 

This one's a fodder-heavy banner since lots of skills that were previously exclusive to seasonal, Legendary, or Mythic units, such as Guard Bearing, Joint Hone Spd, Rally Up Spd, R Duel Infantry, and B Duel Flying are going to be in the regular pool.

I may consider sparking for Annand since Lyn could use a new sword (Annand has the sword equivalent of the popular Deck Swabber weapon).

Oh right. If I get Lex, I guess I can complete my blue-haired axe cav team. Groom Marth, Grimleal Kris, Bunny Alfonse, and Lex.

4 minutes ago, Medeus said:

It  also probably helped that she had a playable daughter in Thracia (Misha), though I don't think we'll see her in the game for a while. 

Don't worry, I'll just use my special powers on her next year and she'll be added. That way I can complete the Silessian Knights team too, so it's a win-win for me eheh...

Anyway in case it wasn't obvious enough, I'm pulling res and blue until I get all the pegasus ladies. This banner made so happy 🙂

Couldn't have asked for anything better. There are still characters I want from gen 1, but the selection here is just chef's kiss.

I hope the gen 2 banner has subtitutes or something else that caters to me since this seems like it will be my lucky year.

9 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

So the monkey's paw is that instead of one Palla in a Valentia banner we get two Pallas in a Genealogy banner? 😛 Ahem. Anyway, I can't quibble with the game or character selection and happy with the diversity of movement types, even if I've never heard of Annand and D... the GHB guy. But the presence of the Arena skills on two of the exclusive units and the other one feeling almost demote-quality. kills the banner for me I think. Tickets on blue I guess.

Lex will be a great addition in the 3-4* general pool though, feels like the best demote in a long while, if not ever. Maybe since Ares?

Three of them! Dithorba, too.

I think Reyson still gets the top spot.

11 minutes ago, Medeus said:

I won't lie, it took me a moment to remember who Dithorba was (partially because I remember her as Deetvar). Definitely an odd choice considering there's a number of notable villains still waiting in the wings, but I guess they wanted this banner to be Silesse focused and didn't want to do any of the uncles. It also probably helped that she had a playable daughter in Thracia (Misha), though I don't think we'll see her in the game for a while. 

Annand is also another strange choice, but with her it's likely they wanted a fodder unit along the lines of Fiora and she's an important enough NPC for the chapter she's in to justify it. I still would've made her the GHB personally, but eh, at least Guard Bearing is in the normal pool in some capacity. 

Lex is looking good for a demote, I'm glad they gave him a Prf weapon considering he's known for the Hero Axe. 

Huh, setting groundwork for Misha is interesting. I don't care about her myself, but anything to make future FE5 banners an easier sell is good in my book.

It's funny how Lex refers to his weapon as a Brave Axe, the name for it in FE4, but in Heroes it's got a different name.

Ah, Azelle. I looked at a brief FE4 character analysis and he seems like the type of guy I can get behind. Gonna try and pull for him. I've things about Lex and Erinys too (look at that hair!).  Can't say I know anything about Annand or Díthorba (?) though.

Edited by Morgan--Grandmaster