New Heroes: Enduring Legacy

NSSKG151

8 minutes ago, Othin said:

Three of them! Dithorba, too.

Yeah, I'm guilty of assuming gender based on the name, oops. I know there are posts above mine that would have made that obvious but they were made while I was composing mine.😳 Doesn't help that when I Google the name the first hit is the Fire Emblem Fandom site and the Google summary is "Dithorba was a king from Irish and Celtic mythology."

Fair point on Reyson who I failed to consider because despite +10ing him, I've ended up not using him in general because I never bothered building my beast team. He does get use in Rokkr Sieges though since his passive heal is often enough to keep my Triangle Adept damage-dealers topped off in Guard range.

Edited by Humanoid

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm... That's a skip.

I will use my free summon and tickets on Red. Not only that has 2 heroes, but also a chance to get R Duel Infantry 4 to my Marth.

I wonder how much Sp Duel 4 will cost... Duel 3 is already 300 sp.

Being 350 Sp would make sense, based on Ostian Counter, but it could be 400 Sp because... Why not.

They gave Lex Reposition which is always welcome. Fury would have been nicer than Atk/Def Push, but I guess they still need to release those old Push skills on low rarity units. I guess Hinata will forever be the Fury Master.

I hope Díthorba is decent, I'm going to need to utilize free units more if I'm going to save for Marianne. Skimming through the wiki that Pamela character seems more involved, but Díthorba has a daughter who's in Thracia, so I guess they want that connection.

I'm very, very happy to see Azelle, Lex, and Erinys. It's about time for them to join! I kinda wish that they'd given us Brigid or Edain on the banner, with a Chulainn GHB, but I'm okay with Annand and Dithorba. It's a nice Silesse theme. I'm guessing Pamela will be coming on the next Gen 1 batch, then, maybe as the GHB. Brigid, Edain, Chulainn, and...Dew, maybe, for the next Gen 1 banner in two or three years?

Giving New Heroes For Annand, Azelle, Lex & Erinys, Enemies Unit For Dagr (Not Eitri),  & Grand Hero Battle For Díthorba (FE4), Hans (FE14) & Cornelia (FE16).

Giving Legendary Hero Claude,  More Legendary Hero Remix For Legendary Ephraim & Legendary Robin Female.

Giving Heroic Grail Hero (4 Stars Only) Veld (FE5) & Plegian Kris (FE12), & Collaboration Hero Cress Albane (TOP), Villager (AC Series) & Cloud Strife (FF7).

Azelle is cute but I don’t like color sharing, and I am not familiar with the ladies this time around. Funny how demote Lex is featured on the YouTube thumbnail over the premium waifus this time around 😅

Anyway, it looks like a skip banner... I have my eyes peeled for next month though 👀

2021 new heroes have been really strong so far.  Lex is someone I've wanted since day 1, and not only is he a 4*, meaning he'll be easy to +10, but he has a prf Brave Axe like I always wanted!  His art is great too, everyone looks great.

I'll be focusing on sparking Azelle as I'm nabbing Lex copies, but if I get Azelle by then I'll spark Fury.  

Also I love that we're getting such an obscure GHB who now has a bit more of a backstory as a mother working hard to support her child.  Jugdral focuses are always the best.

As much as I'm thirsting for Erinys and her thighs right now, this will sadly have to be a skip past the free pulls. Legendary F!Corrin remains my top priority, and I need a significant orb stash (back up to 54 right now) for March since Corrin will not be beating Seiros in the VG for a spot on the AHR banner.

Also, nice lance flier GHB with a weapon (Firesweep Lance) that a previous one (Cynthia) had and who isn't even as cool as the last one (Galle). I suppose I should've known that hoping for Lombard was too ambitious.

I knew I should have hold back a bit on the valentine’s banner.

Still Azelle is finally in even if his horse isn’t. He’s going to be pulled. Lex is a cool demote too.

The pegasus ladies look nice too. They where more of a surprise. I assumed they’d go with Aideen.

I had this weird feeling they would skip Gaiden/SoV even if they could easily capitalize on damage reduction stuff with the remaining mercenaries, thus, dread fighters, from Gaiden/SoV, but with that game having few remaining non-sword and non-lance characters remaining who aren't also land-locked mages e.g. Jedah, Nuibaba, and Sonya's sisters Marla and Hestia, it would be difficult to sell the banner with rare unit types. The only rare unit types Gaiden/SoV has off the top of my head would be bow cavalry at the moment only leaves Atlas as a non-alt option since Tobin is already in the game and as a sword infantry, healers, flying mages through Harrier alts of Catria, Clair, Est, Faye, Genny, Mae, Mathilda, Palla, Sonya, and even Celica, and possibly two axe units through Atlas having an axe to reference him liking to cut wood despite not actually being able to wield an axe in-game and Brigand Boss. Also, maybe an armor mage with Jedah if they ever consider doing that, but we've been waiting for armor mage gen 2 Arvis who at this point could be a fire legendary. I could also see Marla, Nuibaba, Hestia, and maybe even a non-witch alt of Sonya as flying mages like CYL Micaiah. That is to say, they fly through magic or it's handwaved as a reference to their ability to warp. All of this, I digress since Gaiden/SoV is not the upcoming banner.

I will start with I have no idea who Annand is, but Mayo made her look absolutely stunning. As a unit, she's very simple and I kind of want to pick her as the guaranteed 4* after 40 summons even though she doesn't have a prf sword or 3 passives since Azelle and Erinys are in very overpopulated unit types as an infantry red mage and lance flier, respectively. Sword fliers aren't that common and the last sword flier to be introduced into the regular summoning pool was sword Catria. We did get mad Ashnard and summer Fiora thankfully for a tank and as sad as it is, the second-fastest sword flier tying with Caeda who has abysmal base neutral attack. It's a bit better now with the special 4* rate making Elincia a permanent edition to the regular summoning pool, but I do hope a sword flier demote comes our way in the near future. Anyway, Sturdy Impact and Guard Bearing mesh well together and Unbound Blade+ is a fun weapon with its Atk/Def-5 and Atk/Def field buff neutralization effect when not adjacent to allies. I kind of wished that they gave her Galeforce instead and maybe Steady Impact over Sturdy Impact. I really want Annand for the art.

Azelle with his Sparking Tome is kind of like a red mage version of Legion. His tome has a HP check, >= 50% HP, for the field buff reversing and only targets Spd/Res, so it cannot be active against the foe at all times if they have a field buff and doesn't target at least Atk if he needs to take a hit, but with how much he can swing Spd/Res in his favor and it inflicting Spd/Res-6 to begin with as part of the HP check, he should be able to one shot foes within that health range if not Desperation blitz them. I find it amusing that they decided for the Fjalar bloodline to be all about debuffing in some way.

Lex is the demote and an axe cavalry. It has been so damn long since we had an axe cavalry demote; the last axe cavalry demote was Titania who was introduced to the game on April 26, 2017. It has been almost five fucking years. Unfortunately, judging by his Goddess Axe which is also a fun surprise with him being a demote with a prf is that he's slow, so Titania still is the only axe demote with decent speed. Relatively, since 34 base neutral speed is at best average if not slow nowadays. Furthermore, he's probably going to have low resistance made lower by Goddess Axe's unique stat changes, so Lex is yet another slow, high attack, and high defense axe cavalry. Plegian M!Kris and groom Marth, save us until maybe Kieran I guess. Anyway, Lex completes the Brave weapons cavalry units since before him, axe cavalry did not have anyone with a Brave Axe, regular or prf. Swords had Cain and then Luke and lances have Abel.

Goddess Axe is interesting in that it's the first melee Brave weapon to explicitly grant a flat stat boost as the ninja banner only introduced inheritable melee Brave weapons that granted Spd+4 and inflicted Def/Res-4 on top of having 1 more Mt than the regular, inheritable Brave weapons and ninja Lyn & Florina are a flying dagger unit with the same stat changes for Tailwind Shuriken. Ninja Laevatein was the only melee unit with a prf Brave and hers only had the usual Spd-5. The only other comparable units would be Cordelia, Elincia, soiree Ishtar, and Klein who have prf Brave weapons with Spd-2 and for Cordelia, soiree Ishtar, and Klein at the cost of 1 Mt. Those you could technically consider as Spd+3 when compared to the Brave weapons at the time, but times have changed.

The greatest issue I have and it seems to have started with Arden is that Brave weapons working on both phases might be considered as normal now and not too powerful back then. This screws over a lot of the older units with Brave prfs; Cherche, Cordelia, Donnel, Elincia, Gordin, soiree Ishtar, Klein, Luke, regular Olwen, and regular and soiree Reinhardt.

Spoiler

For soiree Ishtar and soiree Reinhardt you can argue that as refresh units, it doesn't really matter as much since they are not combat units, but even for regular Reinhardt, it sucks. Dire Thunder, well, Reinhardt with Dire Thunder has been such a powerful thing, but even then, there are more powerful or comparable weapons and I am surprised that they have not introduced another unit with Dire Thunder, but with the both phases Brave effect. The closest thing is legendary Leif who has a prf Brave Bow.

The other thing is the argument for Brave weapons are usually player phase and that's true, but now there is there is the consideration of player and enemy phase Brave prfs, the Meister-style of Brave weapons, and the superior player phase Brave weapons that boost speed at the cost of defenses introduced in the ninja banner. Klein and Luke I feel are suffering the worst now. Gordin and Klein share the same base neutral attack, but Gordin has 25 base neutral speed and Klein has 33. Gordin being a simple, slow Brave Bow archer works, especially with Renowned Bow's Atk/Def Rein effect, i.e., he always has a damage boost from foes within two spaces of him being inflicted Atk/Def-4. Klein on the other hand struggles to be a fast Brave Bow archer when he has 31 speed after Argent Bow's Spd-2 and its Chill Def means it won't always target the foe he wants to initiate against. And the 1 less Mt thing can mean missing a kill that Gordin without his unique refinement could finish. Gordin's fine now and into the future, but Renowned Bow having a stat boost or working on both phases would be nice. Klein on the other hand with the ninja Brave weapons stat changes for Argent Bow would be really helpful. Spd+4, Def/Res-4, and also +1 Mt since Tailwind Shuriken has the same 9 Mt of other, regular Brave ranged prfs would give Klein 40 Atk, 37 Spd, 16 Def, and 20 Res compared to what 39 Atk, 31 Spd, 20 Def, and 24 Res. It's not that crazy, in particular his attack, but it makes it much easier for him to double. A simple L&D3 would bump his offenses up to 45/42 and you can stack it with another L&D3 seal and while he has the ever useful Death Blow 3 for inheritance, if you really like him, you could merge him and give him Dragonflowers to further boost his attack and speed.

Luke has been in a bad position compared to other sword cavalry for a while and it got even worse with the special 4* rate putting him in the same pool as Meisterhardt who recently was given the ability to refine his Meisterschwert. Luke has nothing substantial over Meisterhardt. That's it. Brave on both phases won't save him, a flat attack, defense, or resistance boost wouldn't either, and definitely not a speed boost, but at least it would help.

They're old units and new units are supposed to sell, but it would nice if they could throw a bone to older units when it comes to their "outdated" weapons. Considering their weapons and unique refinements if they have it, Cordelia, Elincia, soiree Ishtar, and Klein should have/would appreciate the Spd+4 and Def/Res-4 ninja-style of Brave weapons. Cherche, Donnel, Gordin, Luke, regular Olwen, and regular and soiree Reinhardt either Brave on both phases or a boost to their attack, defense, or resistance probably at the cost of defense or resistance. Dire Thunder is in an odd position where regular Olwen probably would like more speed (and attack) than the Brave on both phases, but she shares the tome with her brother and he doesn't really have the speed. I'm at a point where they might want to give one of them a different tome. Probably Olwen. It would be weird, but it would make the issue of Reinhardt would probably be stronger than Olwen despite whatever they give to Dire Thunder.

TL;DR: Lex is much appreciated as an axe demote. Old Brave prfs are not doing so hot when recent ones either Brave on both phases or grant other stat boosts or effects on top of being able to Brave.

Lastly, Erinys is like Est who trades effective damage against armors for raw attack and is bound to her support partner for a Brave effect. Catria still has Whitewing Lance's Killer effect to help with Galeforce and special procs, but for pure damage and in the player's hands, Erinys might surpass Est. Est still has the advantage of working as an enemy units, so for defense teams. If it weren't for the color overlap, Lilith would be a fun support partner for Erinys because of her ability to warp to wherever her support partner is. Otherwise, the other units with support partner effects would be great options for her; Clarisse and Leila for Firesweep for them and also swap for Leila, Clive, M!Corrin, and Mathilda for stats, and groom Rafiel and regular and New Year's Velouria for special charging or pulse.

I was about to start typing about Dithorba...

2 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Also, nice lance flier GHB with a weapon (Firesweep Lance) that a previous one (Cynthia) had and who isn't even as cool as the last one (Galle). I suppose I should've known that hoping for Lombard was too ambitious.

Are you shitting me? She has a lance in her official art, but in-game, she wields a fucking Silver Sword and her Cipher card shows her with a sword. Fuck me. I would take Dithorba with Silver Sword+, Ardent Sacrifice, Defiant Res 3 as her 5* skill, and Obstruct as her 4* skill over another goddamn lance flier. Her daughter Misha, Juno, Tanith, and Isadora and Kent for that matter better show up as sword fliers and sword cavalry for Isadora and Kent. Add to that a Sword of Begalta Claude alt -- probably his legendary at this point -- and while we're at it, all of the remaining lance fliers who are not heavily associated with a special lance, e.g. Arion and Gungnir, with a sword or axe if possible and within reason and when I mean possible and within reason, pegasus knight Severa with an axe possible and reason when they are introduced to make up for the fact there are so many lance fliers in this freaking game. Oh hey, Farina has a Killer Lance and Javelin in her inventory? Cool, Slaying Edge+ at least. If they can decide to have mercenaries in games where as promoted heroes can wield axes like Dieck, Gerik, Linus, and Raven show up as axe users in Heroes so as to have more non-sword infantry units, then they can have cavaliers and pegasus or wyvern knights show up wielding axes or swords, especially if they are drawn or come with a sword or higher sword rank than lance ran.

Moving on from profound disappointment, between Azelle and Erinys, I'm not sure who to pick as the guaranteed summon if Annand doesn't show up. They're both unit types that are common. Probably Azelle because field buff reversing is unique and while they are potent, I don't use supports enough to make great use of Erinys. For instance, Lilith has been sitting around doing nothing nowadays despite how wacky her ability to warp wherever her support partner is.

Edited by Kaden

... well, RIP my already too feeble attempt at saving orbs for Seiros, of course they had to release literally the single Genealogy unit i've been wanting since like FEH's launch, said character being Fury

really really like this banner, maybe i would've liked Brigid instead of Mahnya better, but this indirectly suggests me that they intend to make OG Brigid a Blue or Green Bow

Ooh, Deet'var's art is pretty on point. Another free unit with Firesweep Lance, though, is a bit disappointing, especially since it's already the easiest Firesweep weapon to get.

Also, the introductions page has this gem of a smugface:

fury_earnest_knight_info02.png

Woke up, no Fernand GHB or Tatiana (though I'd like her to be TT reward to be honest), day ruined.

No, but seriously, I didn't think Lex would be a demote. Isn't he quite popular, or is my mind playing tricks on me?

I like Annand the most out of them, but I'll probably not spend orbs on the banner. Not only because I'm real low on them, but also because I don't see a reason why I should. Maybe if Annand was the 4* I'd try to +10 her, but this way it's just meh.

The artworks are all pretty good though. I like Díthorba's lance and Annand's clothes.

I forgot about this, but Jugdral has the highest amount of demotes with prf weapons, right? Seliph, Reinhardt, Ares, Altena even though they dragged her demotion out, and now Lex. The only other demotes with prfs are regular Eirika, L'Arachel, M!Morgan, Halloween Xane, and Seteth. I might be missing some others. There's also beast units like Mordecai, groom Rafiel, and Reyson, but I don't really count them since beast units up to this point have not had anyone with an inheritable weapon and that likely will hold until forever.

Edited by Kaden

18 minutes ago, coldhand25 said:

No, but seriously, I didn't think Lex would be a demote. Isn't he quite popular, or is my mind playing tricks on me?

FEH has the tendency to demote or GHB'd popular male characters anyways (Ferdinand, Seteth, Python, Cormag, Haar etc.) so I'm surprised but not that surprised. 

With this banner, how many green haired pegasus girls do we have left to add into the game? When/if they add Syrene into the game, we'll be able to have a whole team of lookalikes! 

But seriously, I quite like this banner but I'm not super attached to any of these characters (did not finish Geneology)...so I'll probably just do the free summons and continue saving my orbs. 

34 minutes ago, coldhand25 said:

I think at this point the only series-wide popular characters left are from Three Houses. Everyone else is just "the next most-wanted." Whether or not Lex is that probably doesn't effect the bottom line much at this point.

2 hours ago, Kaden said:

I forgot about this, but Jugdral has the highest amount of demotes with prf weapons, right? Seliph, Reinhardt, Ares, Altena even though they dragged her demotion out, and now Lex. The only other demotes with prfs are regular Eirika, L'Arachel, M!Morgan, Halloween Xane, and Seteth. I might be missing some others. There's also beast units like Mordecai, groom Rafiel, and Reyson, but I don't really count them since beast units up to this point have not had anyone with an inheritable weapon and that likely will hold until forever.

Huh, yeah. Makes sense, since it has a lot of prfs in the original games too.

Despite the good art I'm not entirely sold on Azelle's voice just yet. That face is baby, but that voice is daddy. Its weird. 

Still I thought similarly on the voices of Raigh and Roy, also far too deep for fairly young teenagers but that didn't turn out to be a problem. And as it stands we've only heard a single line from Azelle. 

So, if we count Brigid and Finn, we've now got exactly 2/3 of the FE4 Gen 1 playable characters on Heroes. That's a neat milestone.

FE4 Gen 2, meanwhile, is sitting at 44% of the non-substitutes (11/25). Hopefully when we revisit it in a year or so, it'll give us Febail so we can finally have Yewfelle. And Arion with Gungnir, for that matter.