New Heroes: Enduring Legacy

NSSKG151

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Dithorba being yet another no prf lance flier makes her an easy skip.

Yeah, really disappointing. I'll get her to 5* lv40 like everyone else, but she's completely out of the running for merges.

5 hours ago, zuibangde said:

FEH has the tendency to demote or GHB'd popular male characters anyways (Ferdinand, Seteth, Python, Cormag, Haar etc.) so I'm surprised but not that surprised. 

Makes sense, now that I think about it Joshua was a free character even though him being pretty popular.

4 hours ago, Florete said:

I think at this point the only series-wide popular characters left are from Three Houses. Everyone else is just "the next most-wanted." Whether or not Lex is that probably doesn't effect the bottom line much at this point.

Yeah, series-wide Lex is definitely not that popular, but for some reason I thought he was more popular than Azelle or Annand, so it was surprising to see him being the 4*.

7 minutes ago, coldhand25 said:

Makes sense, now that I think about it Joshua was a free character even though him being pretty popular.

Yeah, series-wide Lex is definitely not that popular, but for some reason I thought he was more popular than Azelle or Annand, so it was surprising to see him being the 4*.

Lex has been pretty consistently desired because he's one of only a few canon axe cavalry (the most underrepresented archetype in Heroes), and this CYL pretty much came hot off the heels of them screwing over Sean Conner- I mean, Duessel.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

So glad to see Azelle and Lex finally get in! Those were my two most wanted FE4 characters for this game. Now I wait for Febail...

Tier 4 Duel skills look really nice, though. I wouldn't say that they're required at all, more like a sidegrade A-Slot if you want it, but I'd welcome it.

I'm prolly gonna go for Annand for her inheritable sword to give to Soleil.

Duel skills are a huge joke. The old duel skills are literally unfit for purpose as they were meant to bring units to near max bst scoring, and stopped doing so a while ago. 

So what's their solution to releasing skills that literally don't do what they're meant to do anymore? Are they going to buff them retroactively to make sure they always match the highest bin? Fuck no. They're going to make t4 versions of the skills that will also be literally unfit for purpose in a year.

4 hours ago, coldhand25 said:

Lex (197th in CYL5) isn't quite as popular as Azelle (153rd in CYL5), but Lex was definitely way higher than Annand (407th in CYL5).

Honestly, IS can be rather inconsistent with this since they also chose to make Ilyana (107th in CYL4) a demote over Gatrie (377th in CYL4).

4 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Lex has been pretty consistently desired because he's one of only a few canon axe cavalry (the most underrepresented archetype in Heroes), and this CYL pretty much came hot off the heels of them screwing over Sean Conner- I mean, Duessel.

Eh, I'm perfectly fine with how IS treated Duessel past that. They simply made him trade his axe in for ultimate tanking power and actually being good in FEH unlike poor Seth and the English voice of Vegeta and Piccolo.

In my book, that's more than a fair tradeoff.

7 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Lex (197th in CYL5) isn't quite as popular as Azelle (153rd in CYL5), but Lex was definitely way higher than Annand (407th in CYL5).

Honestly, IS can be rather inconsistent with this since they also chose to make Ilyana (107th in CYL4) a demote over Gatrie (377th in CYL4).

Eh, I'm perfectly fine with how IS treated Duessel past that. They simply made him trade his axe in for ultimate tanking power and actually being good in FEH unlike poor Seth and the English voice of Vegeta and Piccolo.

In my book, that's more than a fair tradeoff.

I think they aren't necessarily looking to fill banners with only popular characters. That's a short term strategy for a long term game. Yes, you want a couple popular characters to sell a banner, but you also don't want to exhaust that pull. A couple less popular characters can ride their coattails without hurting things much (especially when they make more money from people sniping than from people summoning full sessions). And in that sense, pegasus riders - the most generic class set full of characters that look, act, and play almost identically - are a good throwaway addition.

But 3 of those throwaway fliers in one banner really does make this feel underwhelming despite the Lex and Azelle.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

15 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I think they aren't necessarily looking to fill banners with only popular characters. That's a short term strategy for a long term game. Yes, you want a couple popular characters to sell a banner, but you also don't want to exhaust that pull. A couple less popular characters can ride their coattails without hurting things much (especially when they make more money from people sniping than from people summoning full sessions). And in that sense, pegasus riders - the most generic class set full of characters that look, act, and play almost identically - are a good throwaway addition.

Yeah, I suppose that's why Brigid is absent here. They figured saving her for the next Gen 1 banner (which I guess could be something like Brigid/Edain/Dew/Claud all blonde banner, in other words) was the better long term play.

That said, IS did not employ this line of thinking with that last Binding Blade banner. Using Melady up alongside Guinivere was a huge mistake in my opinion, especially when Elen (who is also a retainer to Guinivere) was still available.

10 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, I suppose that's why Brigid is absent here. They figured saving her for the next Gen 1 banner (which I guess could be something like Brigid/Edain/Dew/Claud all blonde banner, in other words) was the better long term play.

That said, IS did not employ this line of thinking with that last Binding Blade banner. Using Melady up alongside Guinivere was a huge mistake in my opinion, especially when Elen (who is also a retainer to Guinivere) was still available.

I think one thing they're doing is linking associated characters, to add more weight to ones that might not stand out well on their own. So Melady with Guinivere makes sense, as well as Brigid with Edain and Dew.

(Edit: Missed your last bit about Elen - that'd make sense, although Melady is more prominent in that role.)

I'd pick Midir for the last slot, based on that theme. Although it'd leave Claud awkwardly stranded with only Alec, Noish, Beowulf, and Chulainn for company.

Edited by Othin

12 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I'd say the more glaring exception was the last Tellius banner. Gatrie's only there to ride Shinon's coattails, but Jill, Shinon, and Illyana in one banner was seriously heavy hitting. When Illyana is your demote, you know you've got a loaded banner. Shinon or Jill by themselves could have carried any number of Tellius's many characters (and Jill would have been a great carry for the Dawn Brigade - just like in game).

I've only played like the prologue and part of the first chapter of Genealogy before deciding I wasn't prepared to tackle that game just yet, but even then, I'm happy to see Azelle and Lex as those two always stood out to me.

Lex being a demote with a prf is exciting. Means I can safely skip without worrying about never getting him. It's kinda strange that his axe has +5 def but takes away -5 res. Pretty random stats that don't seem to do much for or against him.

Azelle seems pretty good. Nothing like yet another weapon that punishes having visible stat buffs. Even when not doing that, he'll still inflict a healthy dose of -6 spd/res. Tier 4 Duel skills are not something I was expecting to see but they look pretty useful. Especially good on units that rely on hp thresholds for panic or infantry pulse or whatever while still giving them a decent boost to their other stats for competent performance in battle. Hoping to snag an Azelle copy from the free pull.

Edited by NegativeExponents-

1 hour ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Lex being a demote with a prf is exciting. Means I can safely skip without worrying about never getting him. It's kinda strange that his axe has +5 def but takes away -5 res. Pretty random stats that don't seem to do much for or against him.

If a player does not want to use him as a Counter-Vantage unit, he can be a dual phase unit sort of like Dimitri or Duessel, except Lex's "guaranteed follow-up" cannot be Nullified and has Desperation built in. The Res-5 does suck though, and he might have very lopsided bulk like Dimitri, so probably not the best candidate if you want a general purpose guaranteed follow up dual phase unit, in contrast to Duessel and PP!Veronica who can handle both physical and magical damage.

Update is live, stats were found, and there is a new movement effect.

From here: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/lkvsgv/datamine_grab_bag_20210216/.

Spoiler

Lex is axe Luke. That is to say, wasted speed on a Brave weapon unit who has a Spd-5 Brave weapon which even then, he isn't that fast enough that a Spd+4, Def/Res-4 Brave weapon would be that good on him. They could have dumped his speed for even higher defense, HP, or resistance if not higher attack, but nope, Lex has 30 base neutral speed.

Dithorba has decent skills, Flier Formation and Spd/Res Oath, and is kind of like a resplendent Cordelia without a prf for those who want the stats of resplendent Cordelia, but didn't want to support FEH Pass or buy her when they subscribed after her distribution period way back.

Dagr's axe has an effect called Pathfinder which makes her be considered a 0 movement cost space. I wonder how this would interact with cavalry units when she's on a forest tile or trench tile. Her axe's effect that benefits her is a flat Spd+3 and at start of combat, Atk/Spd/Def/Res+5 and Spectrum Unity when her HP is >= 25%. She can't stack Unity skills like berserk Ike or have Guard through a tier 4 stance while also having Distant Counter, but +5 to all stats when she's above a generous HP range and Spectrum Unity is all right for her to run Distant Counter as her A passive. Stat-wise, she's like Valentine's Alm & Celica, Hilda, or kunoichi Hana.

Edited by Kaden

🙄

Spoiler

Lex deserved to be min-maxed more, but whatever.  Knowing IS he could've very well been graced with Guard Axe+ instead of a prf, so I'll take what I can get.  

Really tired of f2p units not having superboons at all.  Like at least give them an insulting one like you usually do, IS.

Spoiler

Well with his low-ish atk stat, I think I'll actually be dumping his weapon in favor of something else. I don't feel that 30 spd is all that bad. Makes him flexible and can reach decent numbers with spd investment. Thinking a +spd build with spd refined huge fan/deck swabber would be pretty good honestly.

25 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:
  Hide contents

Well with his low-ish atk stat, I think I'll actually be dumping his weapon in favor of something else. I don't feel that 30 spd is all that bad. Makes him flexible and can reach decent numbers with spd investment. Thinking a +spd build with spd refined huge fan/deck swabber would be pretty good honestly.

Spoilers:

Spoiler

I think Goddess Axe is actually more flexible since he does not need a Spd stat to have some of the benefits of a Spd stat. Goddess Axe's Meister effect gives him "guaranteed follow up" attacks with dual phase Desperation built in, and it cannot be stopped nor Nullified away.

By using a high Spd build, his real follow-up attacks can be stopped by stuff like Wary Fighter and Impacts, or completely Nullified if you are running Quick Riposte for enemy phase. It also does not come with "Desperation" if you want it for player phase.

Deck Swabber [Spd] is 19 Atk, and +Atk with Goddess Axe is 14 Atk, so a high Spd build can deal more damage if it can land both hits, but Goddess Axe is guaranteed to always land both hits at the cost of hitting softer on each hit. In my opinion, I think the Meister effect is worth keeping even if it deals less damage under an ideal scenario, although it does depends on how often you see Wary Fighter and such.

Edited by XRay

Let's just get the stats up so people know what to look at...

Spoiler

456g9h5mqrh61.png

Erinys: Atk/Spd superboons, Hp/Def superbanes

Annand: HP superboon, Def superbane

Azelle: HP/Def suerbaness

Lex: no superboons/banes that I can see

Dthorba: again no superboons/banes

...I feel like I'm not doing something right here...

Edited by Xenomata

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

Spoilers:

Hide contents

I think Goddess Axe is actually more flexible since he does not need a Spd stat to have some of the benefits of a Spd stat. Goddess Axe's Meister effect gives him "guaranteed follow up" attacks with dual phase Desperation built in, and it cannot be stopped nor Nullified away.

By using a high Spd build, his real follow-up attacks can be stopped by stuff like Wary Fighter and Impacts, or completely Nullified if you are running Quick Riposte for enemy phase. It also does not come with "Desperation" if you want it for player phase.

Deck Swabber [Spd] is 19 Atk, and +Atk with Goddess Axe is 14 Atk, so a high Spd build can deal more damage if it can land both hits, but Goddess Axe is guaranteed to always land both hits at the cost of hitting softer on each hit.

Spoiler

The speed stat in this case is less about doubling and more about avoiding one. It's supposed to be more of a speedy tank approach rather than heavy damage dealer. With a lull atk/spd or def/spd skill rather than quick riposte to further help ensure that. It's what I've been using for Heath (with wyvern flight instead of a lull for obvious reasons) and it works pretty well.

But yeah, I see your arguments for keeping his default Goddess Axe just not entirely sure if I prefer that.

Dithorba's complete skill kit is [SPOILERS]:

Spoiler

Firesweep Lance+
-
Glacies
-
Flier Formation 3 [4*] third grail unit to get this skill at 4*, aw yeah
Spd/Res Oath 3 [5*] rip Asbel, he literally just introduced this skill

Eh, an Oath skill is at least something new for a grail unit.

Also, Lex's 4* rarity skill is [SPOILERS]:

Spoiler

Atk/Def Push 3

By the way, he's the first regular pool unit to have Atk/Def Push.

13 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:
  Hide contents

The speed stat in this case is less about doubling and more about avoiding one. It's supposed to be more of a speedy tank approach rather than heavy damage dealer. With a lull atk/spd or def/spd skill rather than quick riposte to further help ensure that. It's what I've been using for Heath (with wyvern flight instead of a lull for obvious reasons) and it works pretty well.

But yeah, I see your arguments for keeping his default Goddess Axe just not entirely sure if I prefer that.

Spoilers:

Spoiler

If the point is to avoid doubles, then I think Goddess Axe still wins out in my opinion because if you kill the enemy in two hits, they cannot double you if they are dead. And unlike infantry units with access to Null Follow-Up to shut down guaranteed doubles, Lex does not have access to that skill, so he can be taken out by the likes of Bramimond and Bold Fighter armors with a Special trigger on their follow up attacks, and Lex does not have the Atk to one shot those units to prevent their follow up attacks, but he does have a better chance of two shotting them with Goddess Axe.

High Spd builds are better against Spurn units though, but I do not think Lex is going to win any Spd checks against those units unless you are using him as a super tank in Aether Raids or something where he has a ton of stat support.

Edited by XRay

Spoiler

Looks like Azelle's fairly speedy but kind of frail and not super strong. Poor guy. ... I still want to put him on a team with Arvis, Julius, and Fallen Julia.

Still not spending orbs on this, but I really do want to get Azelle someday, just because of who he is.

Edit: Hit quote instead of spoilers, whoops.

Edited by Mercakete