Kurthnaga's movement

Jotari

So something I never noticed is that Kurthnaga actually has less movement when he transforms. He goes from the already below standard 6 to just 5 movement when transformed. I'm not sure how I never noticed that because it's a pathetic movement stat. Marshalls have more movement in this game than him...So why do you think this is? Was it meant to be a way to limit him being OP, even though he's not the most fantastic unit in the game anyway? So...yeah, what's up with that. I can't think of any other unit who has a stat that actually lowers when they transform, least of all a stat as valuable as movement.

Well, Kurthnaga does fly. ...Wait, how does that make him less mobile than a walking Red or White Dragon? They don't look like Olympic sprinters, and yet they gain +1 Move when shifted. The wings can't support him that well? Well maybe thats true ...except for the end of 3-13, shown in the game's opening movie, that looks pretty supportive and fluid high off the ground.

Oddly, according to SF, not that it matters because he does not move, but Dheginsea gains +1 Move when shifted, and yet he flies like his son too.

28 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Is it just Kurthnaga or all dragons? If it is just him, it is probably to show his inexperience in dragon form. 

Nope, just Kurthnaga. The other dragons go from 5 movement to 6, he goes from 6 movement to 5. Even Deghensea gets extra movement and he never moves. I thought at first it was a mistake in Serenes, that someone just swapped the numbers around by mistake, but then I checked both wikis and finally found gameplay footage of Jurthnaga being deployed, and then checked both before and after the Deghensea chapter to see if it changes with him getting formshift, but nope. He always stays at 5 movement transformed and 6 untransformend. And it's not like this is a game with low movement levels, Tibarn has 10 movement!

• 2 months later...

It's worth noting that Rafiel's mobility decreases when he transforms. While his movement stays the same, he now can't go up ledges. I think other terrain types give him trouble, too.

But yeah, Kurth is a head-scratcher. Maybe they really wanted him to have 6 move as a yellow unit, but then the other dragons had 5 move untransformed, so they "balanced" him by taking away move transformed? I dunno.