March 2021 New Heroes Speculation

Fabulously Olivier

March 2021 New Heroes Speculation  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What game are you predicting the banner to be based on?

• Shadow Dragon/New Mystery
    • Gaiden/SoV
    • Geneology of the Holy War
    • Thracia 776
    • Binding Blade
    • Blazing Sword
    • Sacred Stones
    • Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn
    • Awakening
    • Fates
    • Three Houses
    • Warriors
    • Tokyo Mirage Sessions
    • Cipher
    • FEH Original
    • Multiple games/themed
  2. 2. What game would you want it to be for?

• Shadow Dragon/New Mystery
    • Gaiden/SoV
    • Geneology of the Holy War
    • Thracia 776
    • Binding Blade
    • Blazing Sword
    • Sacred Stones
    • Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn
    • Awakening
    • Fates
    • Three Houses
    • Warriors
    • Tokyo Mirage Sessions
    • Cipher
    • FEH Original
    • Multiple games/themed

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/28/2021 at 08:48 PM

This thread will be for the March 4th/5th New Heroes banner.

Since SoV seems like a likely contender for next month, I'm putting a one-time "no Rinea discussion" rule here. You can still predict her in your banner lists and you can still want her. Just no follow ups or expressed hate. We got that heated discussion out of our systems last thread, for which I was partially responsible and I apologize. Just trying to keep the discussion fun (and not locked) this time. Thanks for understanding.

I'm going with FE7, it's next up and they seem to be following that order pretty closely. FE2 and Fates are the other biggest candidates, but FE2 is pretty drained and Fates isn't quite as pressing.

Predicting that it'll be SoV this time around with Luthier, Kamui, Tatiana (demote) and Atlas as the banner units. Jedah or one of Sonya's sisters could be the GHB.

My other prediction is a Tellius banner with Geoffrey, Lucia, Bastian and Tanith as the banner units. The GHB could be Tauroneo, Shiharam or Ludveck.

4 minutes ago, Othin said:

I'm going with FE7, it's next up and they seem to be following that order pretty closely. FE2 and Fates are the other biggest candidates, but FE2 is pretty drained and Fates isn't quite as pressing.

I am definitely split between SoV and FE7, and would prefer the later. SoV is already so well represented, and if it weren't for Luthier being glaringly absent, I wouldn't want another SoV banner. But whatever. I think it only has 2 banners left in it, and both of them would be majority male barring OC inserts and whitewing alts. 

So here's my two predictions. I'm giving IS the extreme benefit of the doubt by not predicting them pulling alt bullshit to avoid a 3/4 male banner.

SoV

Tatiana (colorless)

Zeke (blue)

Luthier (green)

Jesse (Demote, red)

GHB: Rudolph (prediction), Deen (want), or Jedah (fear)

Blazing Sword

Pent (Red) - the banner husbando

Louise (Colorless) - the banner seller

Farina (Blue) - the obligatory throwaway flier

Dart (Green, Demote) - the carried

GHB - Geitz (Green) (a curveball I'm putting here for personal favoritism)

Nope, I’m not taking the Valentia bait and predicting it again this time which naturally means it will be Valentia this time. At this point, it’s likely being saved for the Book V midpoint banner.

Instead, I’ll go with Three Houses featuring Marianne’s debut.

17 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Nope, I’m not taking the Valentia bait and predicting it again this time which naturally means it will be Valentia this time. At this point, it’s likely being saved for the Book V midpoint banner.

Instead, I’ll go with Three Houses featuring Marianne’s debut.

Same thoughts pretty much. I wonder when the Midpoint will be? It doesn't necessarily have to be chapter 8 like last time, but we'll see how the story progresses soon enough.

I would like it if banners would start becoming more frequent based on which games need it more, not which ones have gone the longest. It's irrelevant that Valentia has gone the longest - it has the highest representation alongside Awakening and Fates.

Magvel, Elibe, Jugdral, and especially Tellius should get the lions share of banners at this point. They need it more.

SoV indeed is a likely candidate, but i honestly doubt they'd make 3 NH banners of not very popular games in a row, it just wouldn't sell enough
this is why i think the next NH banner will be either 3H or Awakening (picking Awakening because 3H already got a lot of units recently, although i can't remember when last NH Awakening banner was, but it wouldn't really make me change my mind)

as always, Fates is my Wanted Game pick

I'm only interested in a Fates banner coming soon especially if the banner lineup is Anna/Charlotte/Nyx/Benny or Anna/Nyx/Dwyer/Sophie. I'm thinking the next Fates banner will be Conquest focused characters. That said if it is really Echoes next Luthier, Tatiana, Zeke and either Palla or Mycen seems like the likely lineup for it.

My prediction for the next few months is March will be Echoes or Fates, April will be Three Houses, May will be Fallen Heroes as always, and the Midpoint banner in June will be Echoes if it still hasn't gotten a banner at that point or Blazing Blade. Though to be honest I really don't want March's banner to be Echoes or Fates because I want orbs saved up for the AHR banner and the Spurn banner New Mystery revival banner.

1 hour ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I would like it if banners would start becoming more frequent based on which games need it more, not which ones have gone the longest. It's irrelevant that Valentia has gone the longest - it has the highest representation alongside Awakening and Fates.

Magvel, Elibe, Jugdral, and especially Tellius should get the lions share of banners at this point. They need it more.

Why Magvel? I agree with the others, but as much as I like it, FE8 has a pretty good lineup by now.

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

Why Magvel? I agree with the others, but as much as I like it, FE8 has a pretty good lineup by now.

That one might be personal bias. The game's "essentials" are mostly there, but you can say that about every game (yes, even Thracia has a lot of its essentials - and pretty much only them). Given that I'm actually attached to that game's cast, I feel every missing character more - and there's a lot missing.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

2 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

That one might be personal bias. The game's "essentials" are mostly there, but you can say that about every game (yes, even Thracia has a lot of its essentials - and pretty much only them). Given that I'm actually attached to that game's cast, I feel every missing character more - and there's a lot missing.

Makes sense. With more and more games having a majority of their playable characters in Heroes, that's becoming increasingly the thing to turn to.

I think we should get some more Archanea characters and Margvel characters in Heroes since we haven't much receiving a banner batch of other Archanea characters for a while and we do need to expand more on the Margvel roster more since they're pretty much lower than Valentia roster has gotten as of right now.

Edited by King Marth 64

At this point, it feels like Echoes is being saved for a midpoint banner with an OC. I'm thinking the March banner will be either Blazing Blade or Three Houses. This is about the time last year where we got Lysithea, so I wouldn't be surprised to see the same thing happen with Marianne. But, it has been a long time since Blazing had a banner.

I am going to guess Awakening since it has been awhile.  My wanted banner is TMS and that is mostly to get the game done since it really only has one banner left and I want FEH to get it over with.

I almost started transcribing FE7 CYL4 scores, and then remembered I already did that.

Looks like I got Sonia's position wrong - she's at 198, between Guy and Farina.

Based on the new FE4 banner, leaning into the morph bosses seems plausible, but I'm not sure how they'd round out the banner. If they want them both on the main banner, Nergal would work well as the GHB, but that'd mean not much space for playable characters. I'd like Kent/Sain/Erk, but there's probably no room for more than one or two unless they make Kent the GHB or something.

I'm predicting TH, Fates, Awakening, or FE7 to be the next banner. I think they're gonna play it safe since that last two new heroes have been from Japan-only games. Also, not a fan of calling Genealogy a "not popular game" when it's the second most popular out of the 7 Japanese-exclusive games. Sure, it's sales figures don't match up to Awakening, Fates, or Three Houses, but it did good for its time.

I want it to be SoV to collect Luthier and Tatianna but that's about it.

8 hours ago, Othin said:

I almost started transcribing FE7 CYL4 scores, and then remembered I already did that.

Looks like I got Sonia's position wrong - she's at 198, between Guy and Farina.

Not wrong, your post in the other topic is CYL5 scores.

1 hour ago, Florete said:

Not wrong, your post in the other topic is CYL5 scores.

Oh, hah. Looks like the rest have pretty much maintained relative position.

My theory is that they’re figuring out what to do with SOV when they only have 3 playable females left to add in the whole game in which two of them would be alts (Tatiana, Palla, Est) and 8 males (Zeke, Mycen, Jesse, Deen, Atlas, Luthier, Kamui, Nomah and 9 if you include Fernand).

They have enough characters to make at least 3 more banners but we all know that a male majority new units banner is like illegal or something. But seriously, in addition to having a lot of male characters left, half of the remaining cast isn’t that popular so I’m assuming they’re figuring out what’s the best way to make the remaining SOV banners sell.

1 minute ago, zuibangde said:

My theory is that they’re figuring out what to do with SOV when they only have 3 playable females left to add in the whole game in which two of them would be alts (Tatiana, Palla, Est) and 8 males (Zeke, Mycen, Jesse, Deen, Atlas, Luthier, Kamui, Nomah and 9 if you include Fernand).

They have enough characters to make at least 3 more banners but we all know that a male majority new units banner is like illegal or something. But seriously, in addition to having a lot of male characters left, half of the remaining cast isn’t that popular so I’m assuming they’re figuring out what’s the best way to make the remaining SOV banners sell.

I'm sure they've come up with a plan by now - it just might be a plan they think needs to wait for a very specific time, for whatever reason. Or the plan itself is to hold off so they can space out the remaining SOV banners over as much time as possible. Or, most likely, a little of both.

2 hours ago, Othin said:

I'm sure they've come up with a plan by now - it just might be a plan they think needs to wait for a very specific time, for whatever reason. Or the plan itself is to hold off so they can space out the remaining SOV banners over as much time as possible. Or, most likely, a little of both.

That's true. The OC + SOV that many suggested seems the most likely to me but that would also suggest a lot of female OCs coming up. 😕  I can also see them combining two games into one banner. SOV + Geneology for example, would allow more units from Geneology to get added while dragging the release of remaining SOV units. 

They’re not afraid to do male dominated banners with Sacred Stones, so I wish they would do the same with Echoes. If we do get it as the midpoint banner later on, I wouldn’t be surprised if they skip over Tatiana in favor of Palla + New OC, followed by a grab bag pick of males. Tatiana is ensured to be a hit whenever she pops up, whereas saving presumably Est for the last playable female Echoes character on a banner is a bit... questionable lol. 

Anyway, I’m not gonna say Echoes this time around either. I would prefer Fates, but I wouldn’t be surprised if we got TH. Bleh. I really just wanna see if Dwyer is coming this year. He is the second most wanted Fates character not in the game yet after Nyx! They could easily do a banner with Nyx, Charlotte, Dwyer and... well, I would want Kiragi, but they could easily just put anybody else. I would want Benny, too, but gut says he might not show up this next Fates banner. Either way, I expect a grab bag between Conquest and Birthright.

Someone mentioned for Blazing the characters of Sain, Kent and Erk. YES! I want them!! But o also feel like that is somewhat dull and safe. I can’t see them all together without some hard hitter to balance it out, and I don’t quite know who. Louise and Pent?

On 2/16/2021 at 12:18 AM, Yexin said:

SoV indeed is a likely candidate, but i honestly doubt they'd make 3 NH banners of not very popular games in a row, it just wouldn't sell enough

While 2/3 of the FEH playerbase is indeed outside Japan, 2/3 of the revenue comes from Japan. Like most gachas most whales are from Japan. And Japan pretty much ignore/dislike SoV when Jugdral is very loved there, that's why there was never any Genealogy banner that is flat out bad . It matters more if it sells to the Japanese whales than to the overseas minnows, so by all means Jugdral banners are not risky. Still unlikely for Echoes tho