March 2021 New Heroes Speculation

Fabulously Olivier

March 2021 New Heroes Speculation  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What game are you predicting the banner to be based on?

• Shadow Dragon/New Mystery
    • Gaiden/SoV
    • Geneology of the Holy War
    • Thracia 776
    • Binding Blade
    • Blazing Sword
    • Sacred Stones
    • Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn
    • Awakening
    • Fates
    • Three Houses
    • Warriors
    • Tokyo Mirage Sessions
    • Cipher
    • FEH Original
    • Multiple games/themed
  2. 2. What game would you want it to be for?

• Shadow Dragon/New Mystery
    • Gaiden/SoV
    • Geneology of the Holy War
    • Thracia 776
    • Binding Blade
    • Blazing Sword
    • Sacred Stones
    • Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn
    • Awakening
    • Fates
    • Three Houses
    • Warriors
    • Tokyo Mirage Sessions
    • Cipher
    • FEH Original
    • Multiple games/themed

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/28/2021 at 08:48 PM

I’m not sure why Palla and Est are being suggested. What even are the differences between their Archanean and Valentian versions anyway?

(Actually, having them on wyverns, which they can have on promotion in the first game, would be pretty awesome)

Edited by Vince777

27 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

I’m not sure why Palla and Est are being suggested. What even are the differences between their Archanean and Valentian versions anyway?

(Actually, having them on wyverns, which they can have on promotion in the first game, would be pretty awesome)

It's because there's precedent with Valentian Catria.

I'm greedy and want FE4 Gen 2 with Tine, Arthur, Lana, Oifey and an armoured Arvis GHB.
Though I think it'll either be Three Houses (hopefully with Golden Deer focus?) or something themed.

Thinking more about FE7, I think it'd make sense for them to split up Sonia and Limstella rather than putting them together. One could pair with a Nergal GHB, and maybe the other with Ephidel? They could round out one banner with Kent/Sain/Farina, and the other with Erk/Pent/Louise.

So I'm guessing one of those combinations.

Edited by Othin

Honestly, Valentia Palla and Valentia Est may well be eventual necessary evils though I'd personally only call Valentia Est an evil

Quick, how many fliers does Valentia's FEH roster have at its disposal? Hint: Valentia only has more fliers than the game that just has five characters total.

Edited by Tybrosion

I forget if SoV has the dismount mechanic but I'd be quite happy to see an infantry lance Palla. Swapping from sword to lance flier would be a horrific decision in terms of making for an interesting unit and frankly as much as I like her I'd prefer that version not be added at all. A fast axe would be fine I guess but not a priority since Mininerva exists now. Though now that I've checked, I see that there are still no red bow fliers in the game, now that'd be something if she completes the physical red weapon trinity.

I think I'd be happiest with 3H still though. I don't think there's any other game where I could even name 4-5 characters I still want added, and that adds to the feeling of my having "completed" FEH.

SoV could use the Cipher DLC girls of which there are three Emma, Shade and Yuzu and I would personally be fine with them being added in.  I honestly see that happening since they are an option to have more female units.

Edited by EricaofRenais

17 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

SoV could use the Cipher DLC girls of which there are three Emma, Shade and Yuzu and I would personally be fine with them being added in.  I honestly see that happening since they are an option to have more female units.

That's actually a fair option, given that SoV has roughly 3 possible banners left.

1 hour ago, EricaofRenais said:

I don't know much about Cipher, but aren't those characters from FE worlds other than Valentia? Seems weird to count them as FE2 characters.

Wouldn't necessarily stop them, ofc.

Considering IS's competence (or lack thereof) in spacing out their female characters, if they do decide to use the Cipher women they'll add in all three of them on the same banner with one SoV dude and we won't be in any better of a spot.

5 hours ago, Othin said:

I don't know much about Cipher, but aren't those characters from FE worlds other than Valentia? Seems weird to count them as FE2 characters.

Wouldn't necessarily stop them, ofc.

The girls are apparently from Hoshido and Nohr. Unless you were familiar with the Cipher lore, I don’t think they’d make much more sense in a Fates banner.

4 hours ago, Baldrick said:

The girls are apparently from Hoshido and Nohr. Unless you were familiar with the Cipher lore, I don’t think they’d make much more sense in a Fates banner.

Maybe they could make them come from both games, like how Naga is from both Awakening and Shadow Dragon.

I think Naga is the only non Harmonic Hero to count as being from two games right now.

37 minutes ago, XRay said:

I think Naga is the only non Harmonic Hero to count as being from two games right now.

Naga is one of two, as Legendary Leif belongs to both Thracia and Genealogy.

While that distinction doesn’t matter for Leif in regards to Limited Hero Battles unlike for Naga, it does matter for Resonant Battles.

6 hours ago, XRay said:

Maybe they could make them come from both games, like how Naga is from both Awakening and Shadow Dragon.

Huh, yeah, that's an option.

5 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Naga is one of two, as Legendary Leif belongs to both Thracia and Genealogy.

While that distinction doesn’t matter for Leif in regards to Limited Hero Battles unlike for Naga, it does matter for Resonant Battles.

And it's quite significant, since Leif is great in Resonant Battles. I just used him in last week's!

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Huh, yeah, that's an option.

And it's quite significant, since Leif is great in Resonant Battles. I just used him in last week's!

Same here! I gained three Legendary Leifs while trying to summon for Legendary Corrin. Instead of merging them, I use them to dominate Resonance Battles!

More than likely the next banner will be 3H or SoV. Although a Fates banner is certainly possible (the last one was last spring, IIRC.) That’s why I’m awaiting the next few banners with bated breath; several characters I want are likely to be added this time.

My dream Fates banner is:

Nyx (infantry colorless mage)

Charlotte (infantry axe)

Shura (infantry blue bow)

Reina (flying red bow)

Percy (flying axe) for GHB

Yes, Reina could be a lance unit, but flying bow units are amazing in both Fates and Heroes and that is part of her appeal.

Percy might be a little odd for GHB, but Cynthia was a GHB character, and like Percy, she fights against you in the paralogue you recruit her in. There are several parallels between the two, but that’s for another topic.

More realistically, the next Fates banner will probably be:

Nyx (infantry red mage)

Charlotte (infantry axe)

Mozu (infantry lance)

Dwyer (infantry colorless staff) 

(obligatory 2nd-gen character, and he places consistently well in CYL, though I personally don’t care about him)

Shura (infantry colorless archer) for GHB character

(Not just because Shura is my most-wanted character, but he does relatively well in CYL year after year, and all the other Fates bosses not added to Heroes, including Hans and Zola, place rock-bottom in CYL. Barring any oddball choices like Kana, Shura has a good chance.)

Personally, I would really love for Shura to have a Forging Bonds scene, since he had so few supports in Fates, but I will gladly take what I can get. Two other all-time favorite secondary FE characters of mine were also made GHB characters (Cynthia and Panne) and using them brings me great joy.

Anankos will very likely be a Mythic character. I will be profoundly disappointed if he/it is reduced to a GHB or normal banner position.

On 2/17/2021 at 2:29 AM, SockPuppet said:

They’re not afraid to do male dominated banners with Sacred Stones, so I wish they would do the same with Echoes. If we do get it as the midpoint banner later on, I wouldn’t be surprised if they skip over Tatiana in favor of Palla + New OC, followed by a grab bag pick of males. Tatiana is ensured to be a hit whenever she pops up, whereas saving presumably Est for the last playable female Echoes character on a banner is a bit... questionable lol. 

I think is a bit funny, how despite most of the characters associated with the usual Est characteristics are quite popular; Est herself seems to have been carried out mostly for the popularity of Catria and the people associated with her through gameplay (I'm sure a lot of people know of Est, either for shared images of the trio of because people's description of her being shared when people talk of Nino).

____

About predictions, I personally believe is either Blazing Blade or Fates, we're still a bit too soon to release Three Houses stuff again (the last banner was just 4 Months ago, and while he had saw Three Houses appear frequently in seasonals, we're still like 4 months away from the difference there was in between Lysithea's and Shamir's banner).

During the banner release we'll be a 11 months away from Fates' previous banner and more of one YEAR since the Blazing Blade banner, considering how the cast, surprisingly, hasn't been exploited as much as it could be; they're the most likely candidate for the next banner.

Unless IS decides to drop SoV this time, but I doubt it, I don't think we're gonna see a SoV banner until like October at least having a game without banners for two years brings bad rep to them.

Edited by Troykv

Giving New Heroes For The Binding Blade (Not Echoes), Juno (FE6), Zeiss (FE6), Cath (FE6), Geese (FE6), & Grand Hero Battle For The Binding Blade (Not Echoes) Murdock (FE6).

Giving New Mythic Hero Anankos (FE14), More Legendary Hero Remix For Gunthra, Legendary Hector & Legendary Lucina.

Giving Special Hero For Spring Bernadetta (FE16), Picnic Faye (FE15) & Groom Corrin Male (FE14) & Giving Brave Hero For Brave Marth (FE3), Brave Eirika (FE8), Brave Marianne (FE16)

& Brave Gatekeeper (FE16). Giving Legendary Hero Sharena & Giving Boss Units Returned For Veronica (Original), Bruno (Original), Surtr (Original), Hel (Original) & Freyja (Original).

Giving Heroes Fest Replaced Sothis (FE16) With Azelle (FE4), Harmonized Veronica (Original x FE14), Replaced Duo Ephraim (FE8) With Legendary Dimitri (FE16) & Mila (FE15).

Giving Heroic Grail Hero For April (4 Stars) Valentine Veronica (Original) & Díthorba (FE4) & Giving Collaboration Hero Sora (KH), Riku (KH), Daisy Mae (ACNH) & Lloyd Irving (TOS).

Edited by Gustavo Ramirez Mella

On 2/17/2021 at 7:24 AM, Othin said:

Thinking more about FE7, I think it'd make sense for them to split up Sonia and Limstella rather than putting them together. One could pair with a Nergal GHB, and maybe the other with Ephidel? They could round out one banner with Kent/Sain/Farina, and the other with Erk/Pent/Louise.

So I'm guessing one of those combinations.

Returning to this set of predictions - Kent/Sain/Farina seems a bit silly after the recent set of pegasus knights, and they might want to space Nergal out a bit from Veld. That leaves Erk/Pent/Louise plus an Ephidel GHB, and I'd guess Sonia for the last spot.