Hinoka x Subaki or Slias x Hinoka?

Muskaan Mann

This might be a bit too obscure of a question, but I am really having trouble deciding which child unit to give the Hinoka spd and res treatment to. I’m more inclined to do Subaki and Hinoka, just so that Caeldori can be a speedy tanky great lord in my final hard rev playthrough,

but I’ve done Hinoka and Slias’s s-support rank once in a different rev Playthrough and I was super touched by their s-support option. (especially with how Slias went all the way to express his future dreams and hopes of being with Hinoka and his family on the border that divides Hoshido and Nohr in order to break the stigma that Hoshidans and Nohrians from different ranks or social standings,  will always be fighting for the highest rank in the  ranking-social power system.)

However, I don’t know if I want to use all of my time grinding Bowbreaker for Sophie if I choose to make her a Falcon knight and a res tank, cause I was planning on giving Caeldori that boost to Str, spd and res, considering that Subaki’s spd, res and Str are all trash.

Is Subaki x Hinoka = spd/res tank Caeldori the way to go or Slias x Hinoka= res tank Sophie? Or should I leave Hinoka for Xander instead (even though I already gave Sigebert the Hinoka spd and res treatement in my last rev playthrough)?

Some advice or personal suggestions would be nice for a semi-noob FE player like me. Please and Thank you.

I'd probably do Hinoka and Subaki to change things up and try something new (it also gives Caeldori red hair!) if you haven't paired them up before.

There's a pairing planner for Fates that I mess around with way more than I reasonably should, so I'll link it here for you to check out and use. It's great for seeing what growths and mods each pairing will give a child unit, as well as what classes and skills that you'd like for them.

23 minutes ago, indigoasis said:

I'd probably do Hinoka and Subaki to change things up and try something new (it also gives Caeldori red hair!) if you haven't paired them up before.

There's a pairing planner for Fates that I mess around with way more than I reasonably should, so I'll link it here for you to check out and use. It's great for seeing what growths and mods each pairing will give a child unit, as well as what classes and skills that you'd like for them.

Thanks, this will probably make my life so much easier, cause I'm tired of having to pair my MU (who will always be Female lol) with Jakob or another make character  that I have already done in another route cause then the gameplay and overall battle system just becomes boring if I have the same units be in MY Castle roster and story roster in general. Also it’s super cool to do uncanon pairings in fates sometime as supposed to canon all the time. 

38 minutes ago, indigoasis said:

Holy hell this is an amazing Fates pairing and class/growth planner. Kudos to u/Armani/ for making this. Man having to wait to see who would marry whom in Awakening was so painfully dull, it hurt my head lol. 

Edited by Muskaan Mann

6 minutes ago, Muskaan Mann said:

But this only has M!Corrin as an s-support option with Azura and apparently Female Corrin isn’t an option for s-supporting in this planner that you linked me to. Either that or I might be doing something wrong here, 

If you click on Kana's face it will change both her and the Avatar's gender.

On 2/15/2021 at 7:16 PM, Muskaan Mann said:

Holy hell this is an amazing Fates pairing and class/growth planner. Kudos to u/Armani/ for making this. Man having to wait to see who would marry whom in Awakening was so painfully dull, it hurt my head lol. 

I really wish there was an Awakening planner in the style of that Fates planner I linked. The best thing available for Awakening is this on Serene's Forest, if you're interested/curious.

In my current Birthright playthrough, I paired Subaki and Hinoka. I generally avoid pairing two units with the same class (because of skill redundancy and feeling like I need to seek out new skills,) but I love how Caeldori looks with Hinoka’s flaming red hair. I have to say it would also be a very flattering color on Sophie (though Sophie looks good with almost any hair color.) I like Hinoka’s supports with both Subaki and Silas.

Speaking of seeking skills for second-gen units, Silas is far easier to find skills for than Subaki. I almost never see Subaki with skills outside of his class/promoted classes, even in My Castle lists online.

Edited by Magenta Fantasies