Forging Bonds: Enduring Legacy!

Diovani Bressan

A new Forging Bonds event is here!

20210216_094745.jpg.ae0454756d2fa7ca9b75d440fcf5d18e.jpg

The stars of this Forging Bonds Event are Erinys, Annand, Azelle and Lex, the new Heroes from the "Enduring Legacy" banner.

In Forging Bonds, SP and Hero Merit earned in battle are doubled, so use this opportunity to train your most needed units.

I hope you enjoy the new stories featured by these Heroes!

Move over Rhea, Edelgard has a new nemesis. The greatest battle the world of Fire Emblem has ever seen. Are you loyal to CHOP, or to HACK!?

Also I'm curious to see who's the mystery HACK member. Probably someone who's not in the game yet.

Spoiler

Or probably Anna playing both sides

Edited by Etrurian emperor

Yes! Okay, so, personally, I'm loving this one! Touches upon stuff I expected as far as in-world mechanics go.

Spoiler

That is, that summoned heroes eventually have to go back to where they came from, in both time and space, even if they were about to die. Also, that people in-world aren't entirely sure about what happens since there hasn't been a summoner ever/in a long time.

I used up a few potions on 1.5x rewards just because I wanted to keep reading the stories. XD That was surprising to me since it's been so long since I watched that let's play of FE4, and I didn't feel much attachment to the characters. This really refreshed my feelings toward them, though! I haven't finished reading all of them, but I made it much further than I expected to today.

Lex

Spoiler

Hilarious! I love how they're going with that pond goddess event and making it silly, but Lex KNOWS it's silly and can hardly believe it's happening. XD Also, that answer to CHOP! I love seeing CHOP back, but seeing HACK as a sort of "axes can be refined/dignified!" response to it is great! I wonder if Lex will bring peace to these two perspectives, being both forceful and refined.

Erinys

Spoiler

Again, well-written! I love that they're taking the time to show how shocking that sort of situation can be, and Fjorm's involvement is great! Her response was so funny and just so true to the character. X3 They're so sincere, I love it! Poor Ced, though. He should talk to some Awakening kids since they went through the same thing. Ced and Erinys could really learn something from Chrom and Lucina!

Azelle

Spoiler

Man, this is so good. I was left on a cliffhanger, too! As expected, Azelle gets to talk to his brother. I also like to imagine that his C conversation happens just before Lex's. So, while Azelle is going off to talk to his brother, Lex goes off to train...and uh...meets some people.

Very good! I can't wait to complete them!

Edit:

Oh yeah. I haven't read much of Annand's yet, so no comment there yet.

Edited by Mercakete

Interesting. It seems that while not stated outright Azelle's face might have been implied and its a more surprising option than most people assumed. 

Arvis says he holds nothing against Azelle for his choices but that he also expects Azelle to bear the consequences of those choices. Azelle tells Lex he interprets this as Arvis saying he'll show no mercy. 

Spoiler

In essence this likely means Azelle perished at Barhara rather than being captured and put under house arrest. Azelle being spared seemed to be the more common interpretation but this forging bond implies he's more likely to have died. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

Wow, these dialogues are kind of great. Great attention to detail too. They're showing off their love of FE4, like it's their job or something. Like they've been spending the last year or two just examining the plot of FE4 for some unannounced game.

This has been a pretty big improvement over the last couple, in my opinion. I enjoyed the Forging Bonds for January's Thracia banner, and the last Sacred Stones one well enough, but this one is above them.

5 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Interesting. It seems that while not stated outright Azelle's face might have been implied and its a more surprising option than most people assumed. 

Arvis says he holds nothing against Azelle for his choices but that he also expects Azelle to bear the consequences of those choices. Azelle tells Lex he interprets this as Arvis saying he'll show no mercy. 

Reveal hidden contents

In essence this likely means Azelle perished at Barhara rather than being captured and put under house arrest. Azelle being spared seemed to be the more common interpretation but this forging bond implies he's more likely to have died. 

Most people assume Azelle was turned to stone because of that supposedly scrapped Part 3 of Genealogy where he's found and un-stoned. Personally, that's what I think the most likely scenario is, and I'd hope that's what they do if Genealogy is remade. I didn't get the impression that this FB meant he died.

I love what they did with Azelle and Lex this time around. The supports really emphasized the closeness of these two. Each of them appear in the forging bonds chain of the other despite this not really being typical for units who appear on the same banner. Both their the forging bonds show one seek council with the other, one for a more serious issue around Arvis and the other about a more silly issue about which axe group to join. And both their support chains end with them voicing their devotion to each other. Lex and Azelle really come off as the best of palls despite the limited screentime. Its just a shame that the third member of these three amigo's got completely ignored. 

So, basically HACK is a middle finger to what Kaga believes axe is. Huh. 

2 hours ago, DraceEmpressa said:

While 2/3 of the FEH playerbase is indeed outside Japan, 2/3 of the revenue comes from Japan. Like most gachas most whales are from Japan. And Japan pretty much ignore/dislike SoV when Jugdral is very loved there, that's why there was never any Genealogy banner that is flat out bad . It matters more if it sells to the Japanese whales than to the overseas minnows, so by all means Jugdral banners are not risky. Still unlikely for Echoes tho

23 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Move over Rhea, Edelgard has a new nemesis. The greatest battle the world of Fire Emblem has ever seen. Are you loyal to CHOP, or to HACK!?

Also I'm curious to see who's the mystery HACK member. Probably someone who's not in the game yet.

Reveal hidden contents

Or probably Anna playing both sides

The Japanese speech pattern pretty much confirms what you spoilered

9 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

Wow, these dialogues are kind of great. Great attention to detail too. They're showing off their love of FE4, like it's their job or something. Like they've been spending the last year or two just examining the plot of FE4 for some unannounced game.

I quote myself from the next banner speculation thread in this post, see above.