2/17/2021 Nintendo Direct Discussion

Lightchao42

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing I'm looking for is new info on SMT5 and its release date, though hearing about Nocturne HD is more realistic prospect given the focus on the first half of 2021.

With that in consideration, I also still have my fingers crossed for either Demi-fiend or Dante being announced for Smash.

50 minutes. On in the evening. Just plain old Ninty Direct.

4y8jki.jpg

Pokemon not showing up would be an upset and nonsense. I mean more than just New Pokemon Snap.

At least a few delays are likely, we'll almost certainly hear something BotW2 related, the upcoming releases will probably get a final pitch (BDII, P5S and MHR in particular). And maybe next FE gets announced. Maybe.

Personally I'm hoping for smth FE and Zelda related. I also am expecting maybe smt5 and nocturne hd news. Also smash stuff since it was pretty much confirmed lol

Phoenix Wright in smash is definitely something I'm hoping for. I don't care if it's realistic or not I will keep dreaming.

More info of BOTW2 would be nice. I would at least like to know how it's progressing.

Pipe dream, especially after what happened with level 5, but maybe a YW4 localization?

Another FE Echoes! Really hoping for the Elibe remakes this time but I wouldn't mind Tellius becoming more accessible or Genealogy getting an official translation along with being brought up to modern standards.

While on the topic, FE Warriors 2! Come on Koei, if you're gonna go and make statements like "please buy FE Warriors and maybe we'll make a 2nd one if it sells" then you bet I expect to see another one.

Golden Sun is probably never getting another game but what about a remake? Don't even care if it just ends up being a graphics update I would still like to see it.

I really hope there's no pokemon. I'm not ready to further see how else the franchise can be bastardized.

Edited by NegativeExponents-

The only thing I can think of that is substantiated is BotW 2. Maybe Metroid Prime 4, but I’ve never played one of those games...

What I would like is Fire Emblem. And Zelda. Fire Emblem and Zelda are what I really want. I also want Square to do what they did with Bravely Default and give Octopath Traveler a sequel.

As far as expectations... Nintendo has been quiet enough that I really don’t know. Something else about Bowser’s Fury, and something Smash related? I really don’t know.

Edit: Apparently 3D world on Switch has released already. I am big smart.

Edited by Sooks

My hopes are for somethign Zelda related, something that's FE but not TH related and a Switch port for Yakuza 7!* I don't know if any of thoe are gonna happen, but one of three will be enough to make me ecstatic.

*Actually, any Yakuza switch ports would be great.

Edited by Benice

The Legend of Zelda is having its 35th birthday next week so the probability to see something for it is really high. Like a Super Mario 3D All Star or news about BotW2. 

Same with the 25th anniversary for Pokémon. 4th Gen Remake? More intel on Pokémon Online and New Pokémon Snap? Or stuff for Pokémon Go et Masters.

Bravely Default 2 is just around the corner too so why the hell not drop some stuff for it.

MH Rise is scheduled for nexth month and maybe finally show off a bit more of MH Stories 2.

I don't know what to expect but 50 minutes. That's a lot things to showcase.

I'm expecting nothing but disappointment as usual from these Directs.  But really though I hope Nintendo announces something that interests me especially since I haven't turned on my Switch since the end of 2019. Confirmation for the Great Ace Attorney would be great even though I will end up playing them on PC instead if it happens. Something like FEW2 or Mario Kart 9 would be neat but I'm not expecting either of them. Pokken 2 as well but I'm not expecting anything Pokemon related here unless it involves Smash Bros since Game Freak is probably doing their own Pokemon announcements on the 27th.

Edited by NSSKG151

I had some predictions that I want to see some might need to happen. But, I can see some things that could pop up for tomorrow's Nintendo Direct:

1. 1st Party Nintendo character announced as the DLC fighter for Challenger Pack 9 for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (We have too much 3rd Party DLC Fighters since Fighter Pass Vol. 1 had filled in too much 3rd Party characters) My wishlist 1st Party Roster is Mike Jones from StarTropics and Impa from Zelda
  2. Announcement of the next Fire Emblem title (maybe the Judgral remakes)
  3. Shin Megami Tensei V and III HD Remake announcement
  4. Nintendo 64 Online
  5. Metroid Prime 4
  6. Revival Nintendo IP gets a new game like F-Zero, EarthBound, StarTropics, etc.
  7. Bayonetta 3
  8. Pikmin 4
Edited by King Marth 64

8 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

I had some predictions that I want to see some might need to happen. But, I can see some things that could pop up for tomorrow's Nintendo Direct:

1. 1st Party Nintendo character announced as the DLC fighter for Challenger Pack 9 for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (We have too much 3rd Party DLC Fighters since Fighter Pass Vol. 1 had filled in too much 3rd Party characters) My wishlist 1st Party Roster is Mike Jones from StarTropics and Impa from Zelda
  2. Announcement of the next Fire Emblem title (maybe the Judgral remakes)
  3. Shin Megami Tensei V and III HD Remake announcement
  4. Nintendo 64 Online
  5. Metroid Prime 4
  6. Revival Nintendo IP gets a new game like F-Zero, EarthBound, StarTropics, etc.
  7. Bayonetta 3
  8. Pikmin 4

Unfortunately Metroid related anything, is almost 99% likely to not be shown at all (like every other direct). For all we know, 49 of the 50 minutes could just be about smash.

Bayonetta 3, SMT V and SMT III remake release dates are the only things I am hoping for here.  BotW 2 is possible and something I think will happen.  I can dream about an FE 4 and 5 remake, but that is a dream and one I won't hold my breath for.  Anyway I am trying to keep my hopes in check and in the realm of might actually happen.

59 minutes ago, Dinar87 said:

Unfortunately Metroid related anything, is almost 99% likely to not be shown at all (like every other direct). For all we know, 49 of the 50 minutes could just be about smash.

I think the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate part that you mentioned about being run around 49 to 50 Minutes is way too long to fit in the entire Nintendo Direct since alot of people outside of Smash Community wanted to see some upcoming games announced, that 49 to 50 Minute part would definitely go to Challenger Pack 9 Fighter's own Direct Presentation similar to like the other DLC Fighters had or could get it shorten somewhere at around 20 minutes.

Edited by King Marth 64

Zelda news seem likely. With any luck they'll show off more of BotW 2 but it's unlikely to be released in the first half of the year, no? Maybe they'll mention a port and/or a remaster before finishing with a BotW 2 teaser. 

As for Fire Emblem, I'm not expecting any news about the next big project, but I'm hoping for a Tellius port. 

Other than that I'm hoping for a few nice surprises.

Wow, I feel like any prediction about what is, and especially what isn't there would be perfectly valid. I was generally expecting this type of Direct to not happen this year, or ever again. Well, I'll try my best to make some competent predictions, anyway. Because I keep insisting I'm very good at them, and all of my self-respect hinges on this one talent.

-The most time spent on a single game is going to be on Persona Strikers, as I feel the lack of coverage was deliberate due to the close proximity release of that other warriors game.

-Kirby and the Rainbow Curse Deluxe. The only new game announcement, and it's coming in a few months.

-We learn the dark secret about March 31st and how it ties into Nintendo's legacy game releases. I genuinely have no idea, but feel pretty confident in predicting that we won't see any more platforms added to the Online subscription service.

-SMT5, Bayonetta 3, BOTW2, and Metroid Prime 4 are all no shows.

-In fact, No Zelda stuff. Instead, there will be a Zelda anniversary direct for next month. That's where we get the news regarding Age of Calamity DLC, and a disappointing "Zelda All-Stars" compilation, both of which are buried under a new BotW 2 trailer that has less than 10 seconds of actual gameplay and no implied release window within 2021.

-A Crash 4 switch port trailer that segues directly into a CG Smash trailer where Mario is blasted in the face by a wumpa cannon and/or crushed beneath a boulder. The video demonstration and release date will be on March 15th, three days after Crash 4 arrives on Switch. 

As for one wishlisty thing just for me, a 2D Metroid developed by MercurySteam, and is a direct sequel to Metroid Fusion, releasing in the summer. Hey, that's how they we got the last game.

Random wants/predictions:

• Zelda something, very likely since it's the 35th anniversary (even if it's not BotW2).
  • I wouldn't be surprised to see something from Fire Emblem either. A remake wouldn't be too surprising, but I think it's too early for FE Warriors 2 since AoC just came out.
  • The Great Ace Attorney localization announcement, and maybe an Ace Attorney 7 announcement if we're lucky.
  • Pikmin 4 finally like that'll happen.
  • Monolith Soft's next project, since it's been in development for 2.5 years at this point.
  • Rex still isn't added to Super Smash Bros.
  • No Pokémon because it always does its own thing.

I'm not too picky, so I'll be satisfied as long as we get enough new and interesting announcements.