Is Fire Emblem your favorite video game series?

Meteor

Simple Question.  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Choices:

• Yes!
    • It's tied for first...
    • Nope.

It's my favorite single-player series, but it's tied for favorite ever with Smash Bros.

QFT. (AKA Quoted for truth) Smash Bros. is awesome. I'm so gonna buy Brawl on February 10th.

QFT. (AKA Quoted for truth) Smash Bros. is awesome. I'm so gonna buy Brawl on February 10th.

If you know you are going to go out and buy something the day it comes out, you may as well pre-order it...sometimes they give you free stuff, such as Pkmn Diamond and Pearl...at the very least, it ensures that you will get the game when it comes out...if you live in a sparsely populated area, that may not be so much of an issue, but if you live in/near a major city, then it would be more worth your effort...besides, if you pre-order online, sometimes they ship it early, my friends and I got our copies of Diamond and Pearl a day early, when we pre-ordered online...

but with a major title such as brawl, I would recommend pre-ordering...I did...

oh, and on topic, I'd have to say my favorite Series is Fire Emblem...Smash is a close second, because well Smash has multiplayer (Link Arena doesn't count), but I could sit down and play FE longer than I could sit down and play Smash

If you know you are going to go out and buy something the day it comes out, you may as well pre-order it...sometimes they give you free stuff, such as Pkmn Diamond and Pearl...at the very least, it ensures that you will get the game when it comes out...if you live in a sparsely populated area, that may not be so much of an issue, but if you live in/near a major city, then it would be more worth your effort...besides, if you pre-order online, sometimes they ship it early, my friends and I got our copies of Diamond and Pearl a day early, when we pre-ordered online...

but with a major title such as brawl, I would recommend pre-ordering...I did...

oh, and on topic, I'd have to say my favorite Series is Fire Emblem...Smash is a close second, because well Smash has multiplayer (Link Arena doesn't count), but I could sit down and play FE longer than I could sit down and play Smash

I'm too lazy to pre-order it. And besides, I live in a town that has never been big at all and is dying.

Against a good [human] opponent, I could play Smash endlessly. I've had multiple 4+ hour sessions with a couple of my friends.

yeah, I have had long Smash sessions, I have nothing against them, they are fun...but friends don't generally live at your house...not during a schoolweek at least...and no one in my house really cares about Smash, not to mention they suck...and that is no fun to play long against/with...I get bored playing against comps after a two hours...

Fire Emblem on the other hand, I can sit down, play from when I wake (taking a break for lunch) to like dinner and be perfectly content...

I used to occasionally play StarCraft for six to ten hour long sessions. Probably not the healthiest expenditure of time... but I was fairly decent until I stopped playing a year or two ago.

Fire Emblem is my favorite series. I don't like the idea of determining a favorite as I have a lot of games I enjoy quite a bit. However, Fire Emblem is the only series from which I have imported multiple titles. If I had to choose, I would pick Fire Emblem although I'd much prefer not to have to make such a choice in a real world scenario.

Fire Emblem is my favorite, as theres nothing else like it out there that can satisfy me. Multiple games, and endless adventures with so much you can do and over again. To go as far as import a Japanese one, it has to be my favorite, otherwise I wouldn't have.

SRPG's are my favourite genre... and FE is my favourite game in the series. :x

I really only liked a few of the Zelda games, more specifically, The Phantom Hourglass, The Twilight Princess, the Ocerina of time (o_O spelling?) and Majora's mask.

Since it was FE6, its the exact same placement of actions. Every chapter is Seize, and I just look up how to get characters or side quests. After a few chapters, it becomes second nature like any other FE.

woah, that's cool...makes sense though...every chapter is seize? well at least you can always route first...but there are no "Survive X Turns" maps? I could go without most of them, but they add variety to the game...and variety can be nice...

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely. Funnily enough I only heard about it a year or so ago and I haven't stopped playing it since! It's given me an obsession for turn based srpgs although it's still the best by far. Before that was the FF series which I still love and pokemon which I've grown slightly out of now.

Fire Emblem is not my favorite video game series, I have to give that to pop'n music, a Japanese-only music simulation game.

But Fire Emblem is one of my favorite SRPGs along with Dragon Force [The first game that got me into SRPGs.]; Shining Force [it's an okay game.]; Dragon Knight 4 for the SFC [shut up, I like the SRPG aspect of it! D= ]; and Advance Wars [i can't wait to play the DS one!].