After a Couple of Weeks with the 4* Special Rate, how do you feel about it and what have you pulled?

Jave

I have to say that, after seeing so many people debate on how should the early 5* units be demoted, I think the way IntSys did it was probably the best way to do it. I never liked the idea of demoting them to 4* (fattens up the 4* pool and makes 10+ Merge projects costly on feathers), but with this method, you can get a legacy 5* unit at any given pull without getting pity broke. It's also pretty exciting seeing the night background with the silhouetted hero.

So far I've gotten OG Celica, Zelgius and Sigurd. What about you, people?

I'm fine with the system. I've gotten two in maybe 300 orbs worth of spending since the system went live - CYL Lucina in the very first circle, and Luke a long while after - so much so it was easy to forget the system existed.

Both just merges so fairly inconsequential, but hopefully I'll get another one or two in my final spending spree as I attempt to spark both A Hero Rises and maybe the early March New Heroes. Hopefully someone new.

Edited by Humanoid

I consider it a pretty good thing although I've only gotten Bold Fighter fodder F!Hardin out of it. It strictly increases the 5* rates to 9% at base which is pretty cool, and it has no effect on pity rate which gives the feeling of getting a little extra bonus on the way to the desired focus unit.

Summoning is still a painful experience with all the trash fodder you get from the 3~4 star pool, but I guess we'll get small improvements to those in a couple of years. Hopefully. 

I still think it's a good thing. It's the same on paper as it is in practice. As for who I've pulled, Myrrh and Eldigan, I think.

It doesn't affect the pity rate, so I don't have any complaints, considering how many of them I've been getting.

I've so far pulled Deirdre, Kanna, Rhajat, Hardin, Myrrh, Saber, Ira, Leaf, Ryoma, and Siegbert so far, which is 10 of the 23 5-stars I've pulled since it was implemented. (My current split is 9 focus, 4 pity-breaker, 10 special 4-star.)

I think it works pretty good as it is. It's like, you never really expect to see this heroes show up unless they are on a focus banner like weekly revivals, so having them pop out in place of a tired, old 4 - 3 star unit is a refreshing. The best part is it doesn't affect the pity rate, so all is good.

so far i have gotten child tiki, delthea, f!hardin, and young merc Ike.

I got a Myrrh, Leo, two BH!Lucinas, Ryoma, and Zelgius. Definitely a nice mechanic.

Units I look forward to pull the most would be Hector, Takumi, and Faye for skill inheritance. I also would not mind Hinoka, Ike, Mia, Genny, Maribelle, AOTB!Veronica, AOTB!Celica, FH!M!Robin, and Hardin, but I only need a few of each.

For units that I want to finish merging up of, that would be BH!Ike, Olwen, and Y!Tiki. Those three are at least +5 right now, so it is nice to get BH!Ike and Y!Tiki to +10 and Owen to +9.

Edited by XRay

I remember Lute was my first 4* special summon.

Following her were Myrrh, Nephenee, and Pale Flower Nino, not necessarily in that order.

I mean, Lute and Myrrh are still good units (Lute has a strong Sabotage effect, Myrrh is raw bulk in a little girl), Wrath and Slaying Lance are some good fodder options, and funnily enough PF Nino appeared on her New Power banner and was also one of the last merges I needed to get her to +10.

Ultimately, I like that it really doesn't get in the way of regular summoning. Even if we don't get anymore Weekly Revivals, I honestly would rather have a completely random chance to summon a Book 1 or 2 unit during my regular summoning (that doesn't break the pity rate!) than get one free summon per week. There's still plenty of Book 1 and 2 unit skills that are used to this day, and this gives even a small chance of taking the pressure off getting them.

And as I've just begun to own these days, I ultimately get the most joy from this game by 5* +10ing units, and there's plenty of those old 5* locks that I'd like to +10. Since I don't really like to rely on Weekly Revivals, I appreciate this little extra boost.

And again, it doesn't get in the way of regular pity rates. Finally, I don't have to worry about summoning Luke or something stupid and losing a 6% pity rate!

Edited by Xenomata

I've been really enjoying it. I pulled Alm on the Valentine's banner, then Super Chrom and duplicates of Brave Celica and Leo on the FE4 banner.

I don't have any use for another Leo, but my old Celica was +Def/-Spd and the new one was +Atk/-Spd, so I merged into the new one. And I'm always happy to get new units, especially significant characters like Alm.

I have to admit, it isn't as bad as I originally thought it would be. Still, this doesn't mean I like this system. The thing is, that 3% rate to get one of the, say, 20 characters is so low, it doesn't make merging any easier for F2P players. Say, I wanted to get Ephraim +10 since launch, and yet I've only managed to get 2 copies so far. Even though I pulled on banners for him every time he was a focus. I also wanted to +10 regular Lucina. So far, I haven't managed to get a single copy of her. I even got two copies of her bunny alt, and yet I can't seem to pull her regular self. I even debated getting FEH pass just for her, but the thing is, as I can't possibly +10 her, there is no point buying her.

I still think demoting them to 3-4* would've been a better idea. I'm tired of getting Abel or Roderick every time I summon on blue. Maybe make better units like Hector and Brave Lucina 4* special, and demote units like Ephraim and Karel. I don't see how having them demoted would make merging them up hard. I never actively pulled for any of my current +10s, and I never had a problem +10ing my favourites who are available in the 3-4* pool.

That being said, I already got Ishtar and Dorcas, so that was nice at least. The only thing I really like about the system is that pity rate isn't broken when you pull one of the 4* specials. Other than that, it didn't really helped me in terms of summoning, so for me it wouldn't have made a real difference if they never implemented this system...

34 minutes ago, coldhand25 said:

I have to admit, it isn't as bad as I originally thought it would be. Still, this doesn't mean I like this system. The thing is, that 3% rate to get one of the, say, 20 characters is so low, it doesn't make merging any easier for F2P players. Say, I wanted to get Ephraim +10 since launch, and yet I've only managed to get 2 copies so far. Even though I pulled on banners for him every time he was a focus. I also wanted to +10 regular Lucina. So far, I haven't managed to get a single copy of her. I even got two copies of her bunny alt, and yet I can't seem to pull her regular self. I even debated getting FEH pass just for her, but the thing is, as I can't possibly +10 her, there is no point buying her.

I still think demoting them to 3-4* would've been a better idea. I'm tired of getting Abel or Roderick every time I summon on blue. Maybe make better units like Hector and Brave Lucina 4* special, and demote units like Ephraim and Karel. I don't see how having them demoted would make merging them up hard. I never actively pulled for any of my current +10s, and I never had a problem +10ing my favourites who are available in the 3-4* pool.

That being said, I already got Ishtar and Dorcas, so that was nice at least. The only thing I really like about the system is that pity rate isn't broken when you pull one of the 4* specials. Other than that, it didn't really helped me in terms of summoning, so for me it wouldn't have made a real difference if they never implemented this system...

For the record, there's currently 75 units in the pool. That averages about 20 per color, though.

(Unrelated - I think it's best to not worry about getting rare units to +10, it's so much work for not much payoff.)

48 minutes ago, Othin said:

For the record, there's currently 75 units in the pool. That averages about 20 per color, though.

(Unrelated - I think it's best to not worry about getting rare units to +10, it's so much work for not much payoff.)

Yeah, I didn't know how many characters have been added. The more there is, the worse my chances are.

While yes, it's not worth getting them to +10, it's just something that I'd like to do. Sacred Stones means so much to me, and I just wish I could match my +10 Eirika with +10 merged Innes, Tana and of course - my favourite of them, and one of my most favourite characters in gaming: Ephraim just feels sad. The fact that they are not really useful in non-PvE modes and yet they are so rare doesn't help...

14 minutes ago, coldhand25 said:

Yeah, I didn't know how many characters have been added. The more there is, the worse my chances are.

While yes, it's not worth getting them to +10, it's just something that I'd like to do. Sacred Stones means so much to me, and I just wish I could match my +10 Eirika with +10 merged Innes, Tana and of course - my favourite of them, and one of my most favourite characters in gaming: Ephraim just feels sad. The fact that they are not really useful in non-PvE modes and yet they are so rare doesn't help...

Ephraim is pretty decent though. He has access to Flame Siegmund, and he is one of few the units with dual phase guaranteed follow ups. With Time's Pulse, he can be a dual phase Galeforcer like Edelgard too.

46 minutes ago, coldhand25 said:

I mostly just worry about the mindset that making a few numbers slightly higher is something so significant. I feel like a lot of people feel the need to spend huge amounts of orbs getting their favorite units to +10, all because they can't be happy with them with few or no merges.

I've literally only gotten Luke and no one else. I would've thought that I was pity-broken if it weren't for the special animation.

I'd love to get more merges for Kana, but I'm probably better off just waiting for her to show up as a focus unit on a banner, which isn't likely.

I really think it would've been better if they were just demoted. I'm not terribly impressed so far. 

I think it is decent, I have pulled Ike, Siegbert, Minerva and Luke so far.  I like that as a mostly F2P player if I pull on a skills banner year 1 units won't break my pity rate and they can show up when I pull for new units.  I have a hard enough time pulling for certain 4* and 3* units (Ferdinand and Nanna are still sitting at +8) so adding them into the 4* pool would have been more annoying for me, since I would want Takumi and Hector, but there are other units I don't want to see all the time so I feel this is a good balance.

So far i've had some pretty good luck, what I got so far is: Sigurd, Ayra, brave Ephraim, bow Hinoka, and Ishtar

Sigurd, Hinoka, and Ephraim just got merged. Ishtar is in line for a refine sometime, and Ayra I have no real use for, I hear she is pretty bad these days without heavy merges and investment.

As for how I like the system. I love it, its a great middle ground between their weekly revival status and being actually demoted. Since there are some on the list who are still excelent units to this day on that roster.

Edited by Faellin

It's a compromise that ends up being an improvement. They can even be pulled on Legendary Remix banners (not sure about the regular Legend-Mythic banners), which can have non-Legendary focuses. So not only could a character you want end up on these banners at a higher base % rate, you can even spark them when this was originally exclusive to new hero banners. The boons outweigh the banes; Special 4*'s are a-OK in my book.

Only got Innes and Ayra so far. Pretty much all the favorites I want are SP 4*'s now (Zelgius, F!Morgan, F!Kana, Genny). I didn't have any better chances before this, so I welcome this change.

Look at that. I finally play FEH now and I finally get to relevantly post in the FEH subforum. 'Bout time, huh? ^_^

It's a nice surprise, and I'll take anything that won't shank my pity rate!  So far, I've pulled Leo and Minerva.  Bonus: both were the exact same nature as my previous one.  Which means Minerva is no longer -Spd!