Can you beat every Fire Emblem Game in 24 hours?

jbrchannel

Hey everyone My name is JBR, In this video right here I dive into the question of “Could you beat every Fire Emblem game in 24 hours?” It’s actually quite interesting and shocking and I had a ton of fun researching for this video! 

1. This does not belong here.  I'll move it to where it belongs.
2. I strongly suggest you do more in this community than push your videos.  We have rules against advertising, and that includes wanting us to watch your videos while ignoring everyone else here.  And if you have any other questions regarding this, PM me and I'll get back to you (even if it isn't immediate).

Sorry for putting this is the wrong place, my apologies for my ignorance.  And as for the promotion,  I use and browse the Serenes Forums every once and a while but this was my first time posting.  Never felt a reason to make an account before wanting to share this video that I feel is quite interesting and thought people here would enjoy it.  I'm not planning on just coming on here to promote videos and when and if I do it would only be for my super high effort videos that I think people would enjoy.  I do see the way it comes off thou, makes an account and immediately posts his YouTube video and nothing more.  Sorry if I had offended anyone by posting this.

I watched the video - pretty neat! The editing is, graphically, quite impressive, so kudos to that. Your voice comes through great, too, and you've got a good tone for presenting. A couple caveats - I'm not a fan of including Fire Emblem Warriors footage, since that's not one of the games you considered in your total(s). Also, the Etika scene comes across as... questionable in taste (but maybe that's just me).

Regarding the content, I was also surprised to see beating all the games within 24 hours as possible! Whether it's practicable is its own question - speedrunning a single game can be derailed by one mistake, and the opportunity for mistakes magnify as the content in question expands. I am concerned, as one of the comments was, about the listed value for FE1. This video shows that speedrun, or one like it, and it's clear that some form of glitch is exploited to kick off the end scroll sooner than was intended. I imagine beating FE1 "legit" to take at least 2 hours, given the slowness of enemy movement. In this case, it looks like a single-day's completion would slip out of grasp, before considering the unknown that is Gaiden. In addition, Fates is hard to classify - is it a single game, or should it be treated as two, or even three? Should the first six chapters be shared, or counted for each one? I generally agree with other classifications (route splits a la FE5/6/8 shouldn't count as separate games, FE3 should have both books counted).

Anyway, one thing about Serenes Forest is, it's a predominantly text-based environment. Most posts are purely-text, occasionally with some screenshots thrown in. It's not wrong to feature videos, of course - you worked hard on it, and it makes sense you'd want to grow your channel. I can certainly respect that. But I think you might get more of a response if you wrote out the contents of the video - or at least, provided a brief summary (beyond a simple "hook"). There are plenty of cases where I'm able to read something, but not able to commit to watching a video, especially one of unknown length. I get not wanting to reveal everything, as you want to draw people to the video itself. But it's the wordy posts that tend to generate the most discussion here. Just a thought for the future. Hope to see more!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/21/2021 at 2:06 PM, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

I watched the video - pretty neat! The editing is, graphically, quite impressive, so kudos to that. Your voice comes through great, too, and you've got a good tone for presenting. A couple caveats - I'm not a fan of including Fire Emblem Warriors footage, since that's not one of the games you considered in your total(s). Also, the Etika scene comes across as... questionable in taste (but maybe that's just me).

Regarding the content, I was also surprised to see beating all the games within 24 hours as possible! Whether it's practicable is its own question - speedrunning a single game can be derailed by one mistake, and the opportunity for mistakes magnify as the content in question expands. I am concerned, as one of the comments was, about the listed value for FE1. This video shows that speedrun, or one like it, and it's clear that some form of glitch is exploited to kick off the end scroll sooner than was intended. I imagine beating FE1 "legit" to take at least 2 hours, given the slowness of enemy movement. In this case, it looks like a single-day's completion would slip out of grasp, before considering the unknown that is Gaiden. In addition, Fates is hard to classify - is it a single game, or should it be treated as two, or even three? Should the first six chapters be shared, or counted for each one? I generally agree with other classifications (route splits a la FE5/6/8 shouldn't count as separate games, FE3 should have both books counted).

Anyway, one thing about Serenes Forest is, it's a predominantly text-based environment. Most posts are purely-text, occasionally with some screenshots thrown in. It's not wrong to feature videos, of course - you worked hard on it, and it makes sense you'd want to grow your channel. I can certainly respect that. But I think you might get more of a response if you wrote out the contents of the video - or at least, provided a brief summary (beyond a simple "hook"). There are plenty of cases where I'm able to read something, but not able to commit to watching a video, especially one of unknown length. I get not wanting to reveal everything, as you want to draw people to the video itself. But it's the wordy posts that tend to generate the most discussion here. Just a thought for the future. Hope to see more!

Why would you ever count Fates as two games? It has to be either one or three. Unless you bizarrely have the criteria that games need to be something you can buy in a physical store and Revalation is just a really long DLC mission.

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

Why would you ever count Fates as two games? It has to be either one or three. Unless you bizarrely have the criteria that games need to be something you can buy in a physical store and Revalation is just a really long DLC mission.

Basically it would be that, with the addendum that "it should be possible to buy a game on its own, standalone". Which is true of Birthright and Conquest, but not Revelation.