I don't think the main idea of FEFates's "Two Swords" cutscene is clear.

Fates-Blade

This is a place to discuss the opening cutscene of FEFates called "Two Swords" in the US version.
Particularly the part where Azura walks into the lake and goes into a white light.

Any theories?

I have finished all the paths so no need to worry about spoilers.

Edited by Fates-Blade

Er. . .not that I have a problem with the topic (I don't), but I think the title could stand to match what you want to discuss.  For example, I think the opening cutscene looks cool, but doesn't really tell me what the game will be about.

I think it's pretty much just an intro cutscene to get the player interested in what the game has to offer. Not much else to it.

As for Azura's deep dive into the lake...

Spoiler

... it's probably just her going to Valla or whatever.

• Fates-Blade changed the title to I don't think FEFates's opening cutscene is clear.
14 hours ago, indigoasis said:

I think it's pretty much just an intro cutscene to get the player interested in what the game has to offer. Not much else to it.

As for Azura's deep dive into the lake...

Reveal hidden contents

... it's probably just her going to Valla or whatever.

12 hours ago, Armchair General said:

That particular scene is relevant in Conquest. Not going to spoil anything, but that one's pretty trippy.

6 hours ago, Sooks said:

Have you finished Revelation and Conquest?

Reveal hidden contents

That’s just her going into Valla.

I forgot that's how she goes to Valla.

But then why doesn't the story ever bring up why, where, and when she went there?

Additionally the cutscene oddly transitions to the battle between Xander and Ryoma, I say oddly because those two locations and events have no connection not in the plot and not during gameplay.

Also, curiously a tear rolls down her face before entering the water.

All this is causing me to ask what the heck does it all mean?

There are three paths, could it be connected with that?

Edited by Fates-Blade

• Fates-Blade changed the title to I don't think the main idea of FEFates's opening cutscene is clear.
7 hours ago, Fates-Blade said:

I forgot that's how she goes to Valla.

But then why doesn't the story ever bring up why, where, and when she went there?

I don’t think it’s actually important, I think it’s just plugging the song and setting up Azura. I mean, the under water and the light look cool.

Also, curiously a tear rolls down her face before entering the water.

I never noticed that in my five play throughs.

All this is causing me to ask what the heck does it all mean?

Revelation bait is my best guess.

11 hours ago, Armchair General said:

She's been taking a trip down memory lane, Corrin gets jumped because he isn't supposed to be there, Gunter leaps in to save the day and they take him home.

But that happens in Conquest in the middle of it so it doesn't really make sense to put that scene at the beginning of the game.

Additionally, if she did go to Valla the way she did it is completely different from how she did in Conquest since there seemed to be a warp gate she entered.

Also, I would assume Corrin would follow her but Corrin was not introduced or shown at that time.

12 hours ago, Sooks said:

I don’t think it’s actually important, I think it’s just plugging the song and setting up Azura. I mean, the under water and the light look cool.

I never noticed that in my five play throughs.

Revelation bait is my best guess.

Now that I think about it, the way she may have entered Valla in the Two Swords cutscene is completely different from how she did in Conquest since there was something like a pillar of energy she entered.

As much as I hate to say it (since it's completely different territory plot wise), I now think it may have something to do with the three paths somehow, especially since Azura sings the first part of Lost in Thoughts All Alone and it transitions to the battle right after the scene almost like time travel or warping to another dimension (like the Astral Planes) had occurred.

Edited by Fates-Blade

• Fates-Blade changed the title to I don't think the main idea of FEFates's "Two Swords" cutscene is clear.