Does Cancel Affinity actually work?

I've gone up against Matilda with a green unit, and against a -raven tome with F!Grima, but the damage (and the up/down arrows in the combat forecast) suggests the WTA is not being neutralized; nor, in the case of CA3, is the WTD being reversed.  Unless I've horribly miscalculated, it's like CA doesn't even work at all--completely useless even compared to its cousin Triangle Adept. But CA, given it's supposed function of making your unit's weapon a -reaver without the disadvantage, sounds way more useful to me personally.

Is it like this for anyone else? If so, is it an issue I should consider making an in-game inquiry? (Though as it's an oldish skill, I'd expect they'd have long gotten feedback on it by now)

1 hour ago, Baron the Shining Blade said:

But CA, given it's supposed function of making your unit's weapon a -reaver without the disadvantage, sounds way more useful to me personally.

That is not its stated function. Its function is just to make it so that if Triangle Adept is in effect, the units are treated as neutral to each other.

The uses are limited, but they exist.

8 minutes ago, Othin said:

That is not its stated function. Its function is just to make it so that if Triangle Adept is in effect, the units are treated as neutral to each other.

The uses are limited, but they exist.

Ahhh...see, I was not aware of that. Though I probably should've figured this, considering CA's icon is a squiggly alteration of TA's. If it functioned the way I thought it did,  it would probably be near broken, or at least high tier for a B skill.

...What if a hero with CA is hit with Trilemma?

5 hours ago, Baron the Shining Blade said:

Ahhh...see, I was not aware of that. Though I probably should've figured this, considering CA's icon is a squiggly alteration of TA's. If it functioned the way I thought it did,  it would probably be near broken, or at least high tier for a B skill.

Might be the case with an eventual level 4 upgrade. Though upgrading Triangle Adept and Gem Weapons instead for Cancel Affinity to be more effective might be smarter.

9 hours ago, Baron the Shining Blade said:

Cancel Affinity says it negates the unit's own TA skills, I'm guessing Trilemma counts as falling under that.