Voting Gauntlet: AHR 2021 Finals!

Diovani Bressan

Voting Gauntlet Poll  

62 members have voted

1. 1. So... Which army will you support?

• Seiros: Saint of Legend
    • Micaiah: Dawn Wind's Duo
    • Freyja: Lady of Nightmare
    • Corrin: Child of Dusk
    • Lyn: Ninja-Friend Duo
    • Byleth: Fell Star's Duo
    • Dimitri: Savior King
    • Edelgard: Adrestian Emperor

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/04/2021 at 02:59 AM

21 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

What does Joshua have to do with it?

Why did I have a feeling, in hindsight of course, that someone would make this joke. I should've just said Savior King instead.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Victory Feathers for me to.

That means Legendary Corrin beat out Freya.

So Duo Lyn and LegFemCorrin are confirmed for the Hero Rises banner so far. Anyone wanna confirm for the other two matchups?

From the sound of it, the winners (and the characters on our future banner) are Seiros, Lynja, L!Dimitri, and L!F!Corrin. Only upset was Freyja, who was very close from my understanding so it was not that surprising. Really glad with that lineup overall since I get a character I didn't have or at least good fooder. 

I can also confirm that Corrin felled evil goat mom, so now I can spark Corrin instead of taking the dive on the March Mythic banner (though admittedly, getting Bramimond would've actually been nice).

Hell yeah, baby.

Well, Dimitri didn't get knocked out so now I need to hope Seiros wins it all so I don't need to pull blue on that banner. If I end up getting blocked by the stinky hobo trying to get Seiros for a second time, it'll be super annoying.

Lyn, Freyja, and Dimitri are the three I'm missing, so I'm glad at least two of them got in. No Freyja is unfortunate, though.

Looks like I'll spark for Lyn, unless she takes first place in which case I won't bother.

Edited by Othin

Ninja Lyn, Legendary Corrin, Legendary Dimitri, and Seiros?

Wow, that is not a very color-balanced banner we got coming up. I'll be honest though, I'm kinda glad Edelgard didn't make it. She's a good unit, but I don't necessarily want more of her...

So Seiros, Duo Lyn, L!Corrin and L!Dimitri will be our banner units. Blue and colorless will be the only colors worth pulling on the banner but its looking like a pretty neat banner since I am fine with all four units with the fodder they provide or lift reduction in Serios' case.

gonna stick to team corrin until the end. i only have Seiros from the four of them, so anyone except her for free would be nice.

what are they going to do about the other colors? just leave them empty? i do hate pulling on shared banners.

RIP the dream of sparkable Freyja, well guess now I'm free to ignore this upcoming banner and start saving for B!Eirika. 

As for who I'd like to win, I don't have Seiros and Corrin so either is fine. Personally leaning towards Corrin because I don't want that 7th slot on AR-D to become the norm and Seiros has niche fodder while Corn brings universal goodies in DC and Joint Drive Atk. 

But I'm ok with any of Lyn/Dimitri/Corrin/Seiros winning, I can get a use out of 3 of them and the last one is excellent fodder so it's a win/win. Thank goodness Distant Ward lost, that skill is garbo. 

19 minutes ago, Sil/phire said:

gonna stick to team corrin until the end. i only have Seiros from the four of them, so anyone except her for free would be nice.

what are they going to do about the other colors? just leave them empty? i do hate pulling on shared banners.

...you weren't playing when they had the New Power banner for all the Falchion refines, were you?
Ooooooh boy, yeah they aren't gonna do anything with those colors...

I don't know who I should go with now. I wouldn't mind getting any of them personally but then I think about EVERYONE having a Seiros or Duo Lyn and I just --

Maybe I'll just go for Dimitri as the "new and more manageable than the above two" pick

Not the ideal result for me, but I'll roll with it. Not really concerned who wins anymore since there's only one Duo surviving and the spark exists. I suppose one good thing is that sniping will be fairly good as a result of the lopsided colour balance - either both greens winning or both greens losing is sort of good in that regard.

I suppose it hardly matters anyway since I won't be actively playing at that stage and will simply be logging in one last time to claim the freebies.

I honestly think mythic and legends are so overrated on being on this banner in the first place and the banner is worsened because of it. Its frustrating to me that argument is being pushed over others. First off not everyone cares about arena or AR. Second the set schedule nature of legends and mythics make it not only easier to plan for their return but they are going to show up more than once a year like seasonals. Sure double special heroes are a thing but that is a one time reoccurance and we can see just as many reappearances of a mythic or legendary if not more. Not to mention there is a chance that they are thrown in on remix banners as enticement for the main remix unit.  Its not entirely unreasonable for Dimtri  to appear as a side unit to Luciana' or Ephraims remix banner for an example.

21 minutes ago, vikingsfan92 said:

I honestly think mythic and legends are so overrated on being on this banner in the first place and the banner is worsened because of it. Its frustrating to me that argument is being pushed over others. First off not everyone cares about arena or AR. Second the set schedule nature of legends and mythics make it not only easier to plan for their return but they are going to show up more than once a year like seasonals. Sure double special heroes are a thing but that is a one time reoccurance and we can see just as many reappearances of a mythic or legendary if not more. Not to mention there is a chance that they are thrown in on remix banners as enticement for the main remix unit.  Its not entirely unreasonable for Dimtri  to appear as a side unit to Luciana' or Ephraims remix banner for an example.

• Saying not everyone likes something is a very poor reason not to make a certain decision. That's true of everything in life, let alone this game, and especially of what can be considered the two most important modes of the game (they both gives very valuable resources, you kinda have to care about them to some extent)
  • I have to assume you are not happy because Edelgard, a unit who cannot be planned for because of her permanent pool placement, did not make it. She at least can be randomly summoned as a pity breaker and have banners that focus on a skill she has (Noontime, Distant Foil, Joint Drive Res), and in fact Edelgard herself can be planned for because they always rerun the Brave Hero banners every year. Meanwhile all 4 of the winners here can never be summoned randomly, and there are some out there who don't actually like summoning from Legendary/Mythic banners because of the chance to summon everyone except the unit you are actually targeting, since each color focuses 3 units at a time. I also agree to this, as my +10 Leanne and Winter Eirika can attest to.
  • As the Remix banners are, I very highly doubt they will ever put such a recent Legendary hero into one. The focus of those banners is on making the earliest Legendary heroes accessible without intruding on modern Legendary/Mythic banners and making a color "worse" just because Fjorm or LegHector aren't really all that desired as a hero (before Fjorm got updated at least, not sure about now). So actually yes it is completely unreasonable to expect Legendary Dimitri to appear in a Legendary Remix banner.
Edited by Xenomata

Reminder that color-sharing is good.

Honestly, I don't really care much who wins (and didn't from the beginning). I have the units from this I want (everyone but Seiros and Dimitri) and I'm not competitive enough to care about merges. I'm on team Lynja because I just wanted to support the...ahem, "gal pals."

I'm happy with these results but I still want Seiros to win so I can get free Dragon Wall.  Next up would be Corrin for free DC and Joint Drive ATK.  I just hope Dimitri doesn't win because I already have them but honestly they're all good for me.

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

I have to assume you are not happy because Edelgard, a unit who cannot be planned for because of her permanent pool placement, did not make it. She at least can be randomly summoned as a pity breaker and have banners that focus on a skill she has (Noontime, Distant Foil, Joint Drive Res), and in fact Edelgard herself can be planned for because they always rerun the Brave Hero banners every year. Meanwhile all 4 of the winners here can never be summoned randomly, and there are some out there who don't actually like summoning from Legendary/Mythic banners because of the chance to summon everyone except the unit you are actually targeting, since each color focuses 3 units at a time. I also agree to this, as my +10 Leanne and Winter Eirika can attest to.

Edelgard is not my only frustration though or even my biggest.  It goes well beyond who goes who made into top 8 in the first place heck even beyond that possibly beyond the top 20. So many mythics and Legendaries dominate the rankings. I am not just arguing that normal banner units are being undervalued but seasonal as well who are useful casually and in modes of your choosing.  Also pity brakers are an argument that doesn't work in practice because its such a crap shoot and you can go years without summoning a common unit.  There are streamers with white whale units in the common pool. 

Also don't think people give legendary banners enough credit. Sure misses happen but the misses on the legend mythc banners are purposely selected to be better than misses on normal banners. Sure they range in quality individually but still usually the best units on a given other banner tend to make it on to them.

As the Remix banners are, I very highly doubt they will ever put such a recent Legendary hero into one. The focus of those banners is on making the earliest Legendary heroes accessible without intruding on modern Legendary/Mythic banners and making a color "worse" just because Fjorm or LegHector aren't really all that desired as a hero (before Fjorm got updated at least, not sure about now). So actually yes it is completely unreasonable to expect Legendary Dimitri to appear in a Legendary Remix banner.

Recency is a relative term that constantly changes and as they can't repeat things ad nausem without running into problems.   Recency now is not the same as recency in say June, July ect.  Even if they put out a remix banner every 2 months that still is 6 banners a year extra for Legends.  Yes I do think it will take some time for the newer legends to pop up. But it only takes one appearance on a remix banner to already appear more than a seasonal or even some normal banner in a year.  Especially compared a seasonal unit who is going on a year old where they aren't going to be on double special heroes banners in favor of the new seasonal of that year. Heck even a normal pool unit can be in focus just as much as a legendary per year.  The common pool is massive so the amount of units they have to rotate out of rotation also gets bigger and bigger.

Saying not everyone likes something is a very poor reason not to make a certain decision. That's true of everything in life, let alone this game, and especially of what can be considered the two most important modes of the game (they both gives very valuable resources, you kinda have to care about them to some extent)

Thing is that seasonal and common banner units are often just as good if not better in the given modes while being usable in All of them.  So if I wanted to do the bare minimum amount of effort I can make them work more consistently due to being able to change more things about them. Legendary units don't work often in AR as they need to be in the right week to get the most out of them.  Same is true with Mythics in Arena.  Both legendaries and mythics can feel like shelve until the actual date changes units.  Take Legendary chrom for an example outside of the top 8. He is a real good unit but would still sit on the bench more than say brave dimtri or Brave Claude. Simply because you can change which mode they are focused on simper.

Edited by vikingsfan92

Nice banner, I’m happy with the results. Now to continue saving orbs for sparking while only picking blue and colorless orbs. Let’s hope I can get 2 Corrins (one for my collection and one for fodder)

5 hours ago, Sil/phire said:

Color sharing means the odds are concentrated in specific colors. In a 3% banner with one unit of each color, your focus odds in each color are approximately:

• Red: 2.5%
  • Blue: 3.0%
  • Green: 3.75%
  • Colorless: 3.0%

In a banner like this, with two blue and two colorless, it changes to:

• Red: 0.0%
  • Blue: 6.0%
  • Green: 0.0%
  • Colorless: 6.0%

So you have to ignore red and green, but you're getting such a better rate. Color sharing is great.