Voting Gauntlet: AHR 2021 Finals!

Diovani Bressan

Voting Gauntlet Poll  

62 members have voted

1. 1. So... Which army will you support?

• Seiros: Saint of Legend
    • Micaiah: Dawn Wind's Duo
    • Freyja: Lady of Nightmare
    • Corrin: Child of Dusk
    • Lyn: Ninja-Friend Duo
    • Byleth: Fell Star's Duo
    • Dimitri: Savior King
    • Edelgard: Adrestian Emperor

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/04/2021 at 02:59 AM

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Final hour. The predictor is still guessing a narrow Seiros win, but... it's expecting Seiros to get more points than Lyn in the final round, even though that's not what's been happening previously. Could be based on expecting Seiros's team to have more flags left or something? Lyn does have to make up about 250 million points to win, which... seems unlikely, since that's a lot bigger than her per-hour margin over Seiros has been over the course of this stalemate. But who knows.

Whatever the case, I've got 800 flags ready to go for Lyn as soon as my last ballot recharges.

So it seems Seiros wins? I'd rather Lynja winning because AR-D is certainly going to get more annoying with Seiros winning. I also don't want to revamp my Anima team, but it seems I'll have no choice if I wish to remain relatively competitive.

Anyways, I threw the last 800 flags for Lynja and will hope for a miracle even if the odds say it's over. 

I don't really pay attention to the predictions, I just throw flags and ballots at the team I support and hope something good happens.

In other words, I hope Seiros wins, but good game if Ninja Lyn wins.

Yeah, while not my preferred result, in the end Seiros winning is the fair one considering the voting tallies. I'd be churlish to complain, especially since if asked, I would likely support a system like the 2019 event where the winner of the vote is the unit given out, and the top 8 votegetters be put on an 8-unit banner independently of the VG.

I can stop being annoyed at my Seiros' speed boon too.

12 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Yeah, while not my preferred result, in the end Seiros winning is the fair one considering the voting tallies. I'd be churlish to complain, especially since if asked, I would likely support a system like the 2019 event where the winner of the vote is the unit given out, and the top 8 votegetters be put on an 8-unit banner independently of the VG.

I can stop being annoyed at my Seiros' speed boon too.

Well, about that...

jD8xaSQ.png

Lynja won!? But she was behind by quite a bit last hour...crazy stuff just like that Shanna vs Takumi VG. Guess now I can use Lynja for both Light and Astra without having to change blessings every week and if the meta shifts to deny her then merge her. That's pretty sweet! 

3 minutes ago, Florete said:

Do we know what the rates on the banner for this will be? I want to use the summon simulator for some experimentation.

I think it'll a normal 3%, like 2019's. I don't know if they've confirmed that, but I can't really imagine anything else.

Well, time to try and scrounge together an extra spark's worth of orbs and get pitybroken by Dimitri over and over again. Seiros losing the final and Dimitri winning r1 was literally the worst outcome possible for me, at least Dimitri himself isn't the freebie... a merge for Lynja I guess.

Just now, Othin said:

I think it'll a normal 3%, like 2019's. I don't know if they've confirmed that, but I can't really imagine anything else.

They didn't mention anything about the rates so it's assumed that it'd be the standard 3% Focus rate. Find and Vote and Choose Your Legends banners all work with the 3% rate so I wouldn't expect anything different with this one.

Also, whoo! Lyn won the Voting Gauntlet -- a free merge for me!

Yay, I get fodder instead of a new unit. Thank you ever so much for this gift, IS.

I've never sent feedback up to this point, but I'm strongly considering doing so here to tell them to never use the fucking Voting Gauntlet again (I was already unhappy enough that they didn't drop this dumbass formula after last year) to determine anything this important or significant.

17 minutes ago, Othin said:

Well, about that...

Yeah, I typed that as I logged off from work and rode home. And I've just logged in from home and... yeah, I went a bit early there. 😳

12 minutes ago, Zan Partizanne said:

I can't believe that Seiros didn't win that.

She would have been a really helpful enemy phase unit for everyone, pretty much a blue L!Edelgard.

Her default kit is pretty strongly player-phase though?

10 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yay, I get fodder instead of a new unit. Thank you ever so much for this gift, IS.

Yep, let just fodder her skills. She got some delicoius A and C tho.

Lame.  I would've preferred something more interesting than just generic hyper offensive player phase unit, but I like the duo so eh.  Still awful that they don't just let you choose instead of going through all these hoops.

I've also never liked fliers so SPD/DEF Rein does nothing for me.  The only flier I have built is Eldigan and normal Narcian.

Edited by Sayyyaka

And thus a result was reached.

...what, I didn't care who won up til the end.

14 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Her default kit is pretty strongly player-phase though?

Her weapon does have an EP effect though, +6 Def/Res and nullified enemy follow-ups. Slap her with DC and boom, EP unit. I don't know why they felt a need to make her dual-phase if I'm honest, I don't know of many scenarios where a Dragon has been proven to be a good PP unit...

Edited by Xenomata

Wow I guess a lot of Lyn people were holding onto some Flags. She was technically gaining more points with the back and forth multipliers. Well I guess not only can people spam Lyn in AR, but also everyone can use Duo's Hindrance with a competent Duo unit. Now there's Arena were you will need Deflect Missile, at least you only need to worry about Leif during Water Season.

Yay! I already have two ITM!Lyn, but she is a really nice unit to be available for free guides!

Both this year and last year, the AHR winner is a unit I already had, while the runner-up was someone I did not have. And yet, neither time was I mad. Big difference, though, is that last year I only had two of the units in the voting gauntlet, whereas this year I only did not have two of them.

I just wish the distribution could be permanent like it was in the first year, but I guess they (understandably) decided that had been a bad idea. F2P guides avoid using Altina since newer players won't have her and the same will happen for Lynja.