Mastery Skills

So! You probably know what an Occult scroll is. You might have one in your convoy somewhere. You probably know what they do. But you only get 4! Who should you use them on? What skills do it teach? If you're wondering this, then you found the right place! Here I have listed the skill, what class it's for, what it does, and a general overview. Also listed is the original name of the skill, if applicable.

Sol-Paladin/Valkyrie-Recovers HP equal to the damage dealt-A handy skill for low DEF Paladins-Sun

Luna-General/Halberdier/KingDaein-Halves the enemy's defenses-A great skill that deals major damage-Moonlight

Aether-Lord-Consecutively triggers Sol then Luna-An incredible skill, recovering HP and dealing massive damage-Sky

Flare-Sage/Bishop-Recovers HP equal to the damage dealt-A great skill for Magic users because of low defense

Deadeye-Sniper-Doubles the chance to hit and can put an enemy to sleep-A good skill to hit enemies in rough terrain

Stun-WyvernLord/FalconKnight/PrincessCrimea-Paralyzes the foe upon hitting-A skill useful for taking down Bosses-Shock

Collosus-Warrior/Berzerker-If units con>enemy con, inflicts 1.25 damage-A good skill, but not really worth it-Rumbling

Astra-Swordsmaster-Hits 5 consecutive times at half damage-A great skill that can deal up to 7.5 damage!-Shooting Star

Lethality-Assassin-Instantly defeats the foe. Doesn't work on Bosses.-A great skill for taking down tough enemies

Roar-BeastTribe-Paralyzes target foe upon activation. Doesn't work on Bosses.-A cool skill with many strategic uses!

Cancel-Hawk-Prevents damage from an enemy attack when activated-An incredibly handy skill for many occasions

Vortex-Raven-Allows user to attack with the same effect as Wind upon activation-A sweet skill with many uses

Boon-DragonTribe-Restores adjacent allies' condition to normal at beginning of turn-A reliable skill for any occasiom

Blessing-Heron-Recovers HP to adjacent allies by users' magic skill at begining of turn-An incredibly good skill to have

My resource was the Serenes Forest skills guide. Thanks, guys! :)

Postnote: Notice the bold lettering. It spells out my username! That's where I got it from.

Edited by SunMoonSky

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have some good suggestions. Give Sol to Kieran, Astrid, Makalov and Titania and you're done.

Sapping HP from the enemy isn't really that helpful is it? Especially when you can't plan using it. At least with Nosferatu, it's guaranteed to work.

Sol is arguably the best Mastery Skill, in fact. And being practically invincible is always good. Sol will prevent them from dying 99.999999% of the time. Aether is not even all that great, since Ike is killing everything and surviving everything anyway.

It was adressed at Vincent.

Most of the other Occult scroll skills are really meh and outdone by skills like Vantage, Adept, Wrath, and Resolve.

Paragon, Reinforce, Smite (yeah, it's a pretty awesome skill, actually), etc.

I have some good suggestions. Give Sol to Kieran, Astrid, Makalov and Titania and you're done.

Or give Sol to Makalov, Titania, and Kieran, than Aether to Ike.

Otherwise, Astrid is losing Elite. :(

I'd take Luna over Sol.

Sol's random factor and lack of damage boost ultimately null out any advantage that one could obtain from healing.

Luna at least gives your damage lacking Generals a slightly better chance at OHKO.

Ultimately, at their cost, they're all worthless.

How does Sol's chance activation null out the advantage of its healing? So it's not reliable, but it's convenient. You're a lot more likely to heal (dmg) HP than you are to get hit enough times to die if you're a Paladin.

Why would you only use one of a skill? Sol is arguably the best mastery skill, aside of Aether, so I wouldn't see why you wouldn't use two or more mastery scrolls on Paladins. Deadeye and Lethality fail.

True. Sol is pretty great. Unfortunatly I gave Oscar other skills. I don't really use Makalov cause I didn't know he's good and Chapter 27 is too late to start training him. I gave him a Master seal to make up for it but now he's pretty bad since I did that. I don't use Titania cause she make's the game way too easy. I think I'll give it to Astrid or Geoffery once they're level 20/20.

I don't use Brom or Gatrie, and Tauroneo has Resolve, which is pretty awesome.

And you could just as soon die without it activating.

No Sol: no chance of being saved. Sol: assuming 2 hits/enemy, every second or third enemy you're likely to heal. Great security blanket since the Paladins will almost always need more than 3 enemies to take them die. So no, you couldn't just as soon die without it activating.

True. Sol is pretty great. Unfortunatly I gave Oscar other skills. I don't really use Makalov cause I didn't know he's good and Chapter 27 is too late to start training him. I gave him a Master seal to make up for it but now he's pretty bad since I did that. I don't use Titania cause she make's the game way too easy. I think I'll give it to Astrid or Geoffery once they're level 20/20.

What about Kieran? He's pretty awesome. Take gamble off of him and give him Sol.

No Sol: no chance of being saved. Sol: assuming 2 hits/enemy, every second or third enemy you're likely to heal. Great security blanket since the Paladins will almost always need more than 3 enemies to take them die. So no, you couldn't just as soon die without it activating.

It won't exactly fully heal them. Since it takes 2 hits to kill, you'll still have to heal in the long run anyway. And it takes 3 or so without an axe/mod weapon.

And to that end, healing more with a staff is free XP+ more HP healed. At the loss of a turn at WORST in the long run.

Generals generally can't double, the Knight Ward isn't *that* exclusive, and only Adept can give you a better chance to kill than Luna. You'll still OHKO most things with a modded Silver Lance, high strength, and a Luna activation.