Heritors of Arcadia

So in an effort to procrastinate from coursework, I booted up Echoes and saw that I was on the final map. Just beat it and got to the end-credits and what not. I never actually took the time to appreciate the song playing in the end. I looked it up and it's called "Heritors of Arcadia." It's actually a bit haunting/chilling for a "congratulations for defeating a god" song. But when I thought about it--it's a nice set-up for the events that unfold in a distantly related game: 

Spoiler

Fire Emblem Awakening is distantly related to Fire Emblem Gaiden/Shadows of Valentia. Walhart is a descendant of Alm. The Mila Tree features in Awakening--and it's likely (or stated) that the Mila Tree grew from Mila's slumber. 

It's unfortunate that in this world, war will still continue to wage. I'm not sure of the timeline if FE3 takes place directly after/during FE2 (I presume after because of the overlap of characters). We see this in the distantly related game (see spoiler above) where an apocalypse basically occurs. This is further reinforced by Act 6, I believe, of Echoes.

I really like this set of lyrics from the song:

The seasons, they turn,
Memory fades.
But when my name has been lost
To the grey.
I will sustain you,
Year after year.
I will protect you,
When dangers appear.

It's a haunting but beautiful song imo about the peace that Mila obtains and the future she predicts but still prepares the people for. What did you guys think about the song? I know I'm def. a few years late haha but just figured I would kickstart some nostalgia. 

Personally, it's a beautiful track capping off the best soundtrack in the series.

A nice tidbit is the singer in the English version also voiced Silque, which just fits to me, this track remembering the gods but recognising their time has passed and humanity must take their lives into their own hands.

(Yes, it is a bit before the War of Heroes, the pegasisters and SPOILERS have to get across the sea after all.

1 hour ago, Farishfyre said:

To the grey.

I'm pretty sure it's grave here.

Hadn't found a full writeup of the lyrics yet.

I like this song more than the game itself. I had it on my regular playlist for a while after the game came out.

5 hours ago, Dayni said:

I'm pretty sure it's grave here.

It's grey. Wiki says so and while I can no longer find it, the person who wrote the English lyrics confirmed on Twitter that it's grey.

6 hours ago, Florete said:

It's grey. Wiki says so and while I can no longer find it, the person who wrote the English lyrics confirmed on Twitter that it's grey.

Huh.

Guess I fell victim to the mondegreen there.

Would not be the first time.