If Shantae gets into Super Smash Bros. series, what 2nd Wayfoward Franchise Character do you like to see joins up with Shantae in SSB series?

King Marth 64

Since Shantae was heavily requested in Super Smash Bros. series since For Nintendo 3DS / Wii U. If she gets into the next Super Smash Bros. title or Ultimate's Fighter Pass Vol. 2, what 2nd WayForward Franchise Character do you like to see joins in with Shantae as the 2nd WayFoward Franchise Rep since Konami has Metal Gear series and Castlevania series, Sega has Sonic series and Bayonetta series (along with Persona series), Capcom has Mega Man series and Street Fighter series, Square Enix has Final Fantasy series and Dragon Quest series, and Microsoft has Banjo-Kazooie series and Minecraft series did have two franchises joined in the Super Smash Bros. series.

What character from a 2nd WayForward Franchise do you think deserves to be in the next Super Smash Bros. title when Shantae joins in? I'm kinda wondered if Patrica Wagon from Mighty Switch Force series would might qualitify as the 2nd WayForward Franchise rep after Shantae joins in?

Edited by King Marth 64

I'm not sure WayForward would deserve a second representative. They're indie, absolutely positively indie. Microsoft is 1st-party. Square Enix, Capcom and Namco are living giants, while Sega is an aging giant, and Konami is a former giant-turned pachislot manufacturer + Momotaro Dentetsu.

WayForward is nothing by comparison. The Bakugan licensed game they made most recently was unplayable garbage.

Shantae alone would be sufficient for them, and being an indie gaming representative is a nice thing, because indie games are not exactly highly represented in Smash's roster. Spirits or music for the rest of the company.

But sure, Patricia's games are competently made, so she'd be by virtue of few good options the best WayForward second.

Whoa, that's a tough question as they are mostly known for licensed games, rather than their own characters. Mighty Switch Force is really the only other unique thing I know they made and they'd have to get pretty creative for a smash bros moveset. I love their interpretations of Billy and Jimmy, Scrooge McDuck, and the River City Girls, but I'm not sure they're the ones with technical ownership. Although I'd love to see all of them in Smash with those designs.

Edited by Glennstavos

8 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Mighty Switch Force is really the only other unique thing I know they made and they'd have to get pretty creative for a smash bros moveset.

Mighty Flip Champs, Mighty Milky Way, Cat Girl Without Salad: Amuse-Bouche, Sigma Star Saga. All of it supremely-niche and none of it is readily convertible to Smash movesets.

Weird question. The character should be what matters, not the company. If WayForward can get another character to feel Smash-worthy, then we'll talk. For now, Shantae is the only one who even comes close. If someone else from them were to rise up, it would probably be another Shantae character, like Risky or Rottytops.

The most logical choice would be Risky Boots, as she's almost as popular as Shantae and would rep the Pirate Gear moveset from Pirate's Curse which Risky herself later inherited in Half-Genie Hero (fitting, seeing as it's her gear that Shantae was using in the first place). The only real obstacle to Risky's inclusion is her...um, treasure chest.

On 2/24/2021 at 1:39 PM, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm not sure WayForward would deserve a second representative. They're indie, absolutely positively indie. Microsoft is 1st-party. Square Enix, Capcom and Namco are living giants, while Sega is an aging giant, and Konami is a former giant-turned pachislot manufacturer + Momotaro Dentetsu.

Umm.... Microsoft is 3rd Party company, not 1st Party company towards Nintendo. 

On 2/24/2021 at 6:42 PM, Florete said:

Weird question. The character should be what matters, not the company. If WayForward can get another character to feel Smash-worthy, then we'll talk. For now, Shantae is the only one who even comes close. If someone else from them were to rise up, it would probably be another Shantae character, like Risky or Rottytops.

Super Smash Bros. series did got 3rd Party characters from two 3rd Party Franchises per the same 3rd Party Company since that was added in since Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U when Ryu from Street Fighter series was technically the first 2nd 3rd Party Franchise rep from the same 3rd Party Company added in the Super Smash Bros. series. We did have more two 3rd Party franchises from the same 3rd Party company joins in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate since Capcom, Sega, Konami, Square Enix, and Microsoft had in the entire roster. That did gave everyone open thoughts of candidital 2nd 3rd Party Franchises from the same 3rd Party Company for Super Smash Bros. series when Ryu and Bayonetta were added back at in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U and Ultimate managed to add more characters from 2nd 3rd Party Franchises to the roster like the Belmonts from Castlevania series, Hero from Dragon Quest series, and Steve from Minecraft. I was just giving my ideal thought of what 2nd WayFoward Franchise character (not from Shantae series) should join after Shantae gets in to the Super Smash Bros. series in the future.

Edited by King Marth 64

1 hour ago, King Marth 64 said:

Umm.... Microsoft is 3rd Party company, not 1st Party company towards Nintendo. 

It is a first party within the industry as a whole. That is relevant, because it's a blue whale in size, compared to the sardine that is WayForward. Yes it's not part of Nintendo, thats obvious, but that is unimportant here, since neither is WayForward. And so far, all double or more represented non-Nintendo/second-party companies are corporate giants.

I'll admit that both Shantae and WayForward don't really have scads of characters I outright want to see in Smash, in contrast to, say, Zelda, Mega Man, or Final Fantasy. They could put in Risky Boots to give Shantae a nemesis to battle and I'd honestly be content with that. I wouldn't mind if Bolo, Harmony, or another character got in as well, but I won't be disappointed to have just Shantae and Risky.

On 2/26/2021 at 11:20 PM, Lord_Brand said:

I'll admit that both Shantae and WayForward don't really have scads of characters I outright want to see in Smash, in contrast to, say, Zelda, Mega Man, or Final Fantasy. They could put in Risky Boots to give Shantae a nemesis to battle and I'd honestly be content with that. I wouldn't mind if Bolo, Harmony, or another character got in as well, but I won't be disappointed to have just Shantae and Risky.

So you think that WayFoward should maybe make their own brand new franchise that have a character qualifies with Smash like move sets so that could make him or her qualitify as a 2nd WayFoward Franchise Rep for the future Super Smash Bros. title after if Shantae gets in, is that correct?

Edited by King Marth 64