Legendary Hero - Claude: King of Unification

Fire Emblem Fan

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh, I was expecting Micaiah this month. Weird having him be Earth rather than Wind.

Interesting A and B skills, but doesn't seem too novel. I'd thought we might get another upgrade to legendary abilities this month to help them keep up with mythics, but nothing yet. Not sure why his new Falling Star status works on player phase rather than just enemy phase.

My only other missing units on the banner are Seliph and Annette. I'd like to get Seliph sometime, but all the colors are looking pretty unimpressive to me.

Man they just had to go and add Claude now, and Melady is also on this banner who I want for Wyvern Flight. Weird that they didn't make him a Wind Legendary considering Wind is lacking right now, but I guess they wanted to go with his color scheme.

Hm... looks weak to Brave weapons. There's not much he can do to disable a unit with two attacks, especially if they're using a Brave Bow or prf variation of. If his defenses are bad, which I expect even with the +5 boost he gets, that'll also spell doom for him, as he can't endure a continued assault. Offensive Galeforce units, Lunge strats, and dancers won't be kind to him.

Fortunately, I have grown warmer to units with Brave weapons lately... kinda wish the Genealogy banner was better so I could try to get Lex, going off-topic.

Edited by Xenomata

About time.

Though it's kind of disappointing that all the 3H lords have had the same weapon types consistently. They should have mixed things up more for either their Brave or Legendary versions.

Oh god damitt I need him for my wyvernball ... (Valter, Jill, b!Claude, Ashnard). He looks SO GOOD.  Probably one of the few legendaries I genuinely want.  Please let there be a spark...

Sucks that the color share with the two colors I was most interested in (green/colorless) is so shitty though. :<

3 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

Though it's kind of disappointing that all the 3H lords have had the same weapon types consistently. They should have mixed things up more for either their Brave or Legendary versions.

Their legendary variants were pretty deadlocked to be fair. Brave weapons was where they could have potentially shined. Edelgard and Claude have budding talents in Black Magic and Axes respectively, while Dimitri could take up the Sword. That's a Colorless, Green, and Red unit right there, and Lysithea could probably have used offensive White Magic to cover Blue.

But not legendaries. Not when they each have established Heroes Relics that they actively use.

So L!Claude this time, well it was a matter of time with the other 2 already having Legendary alts. 

In terms of color I'd say: Colorless>Green (Annette is a bit of a dud, but she has good fodder)>>Red (if only because Altina drags it down)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Blue (garbage, tons of garbage).

So, L!Claude himself. I'll disect it by pointers to make it easier.

• Prf: Slaying+Free stats+NFU. Bonkers. 
  • New A-skill: Horrible synergy with Duma/Bolt Tower/Savage Blow/etc. If you don't use any of those then it's free +7 Atk/Spd and you get an extra +2 if the foe has debuffs. Really cool, but it's not strictly better than Atk/Spd Push 4, it might be better than Swift Sparrow 3. 
  • Exclusive B-skil: Seems bonkers at first with all the Dmg reduction going on, but I don't find it that crazy in practice. I may be wrong, but Fallen Star's 2 dmg reduction conditions don't seem to be able to stack with each other without Dancers. This means he'll only have 80% dmg reduction (yeah, still crazy) on the AI hands, and the "First Combat" condition means L!Claude isn't meant to tank the world. Still, for at least 1 combat per Player Phase he's practically invincible which is more often than not enough to decide if you win or you lose. PS. Deadeye stocks are increasing like crazy Thank goodness my Norne has it, so I don't fear this guy at all. Oh yeah, W!Altina also stomps this guy pretty hard. 

I'm pretty sure L!Claude is going to be relatively fragile statwise, which his B-skill compensates for. Guaranteed he'll be horrible to face in Arena where you don't get many options for dealing with his Dmg reduction unless you want to take a score hit. 

Edited by Alexmender

4 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Guaranteed he'll be horrible to face in Arena where you don't get many options for dealing with his Dmg reduction unless you want to take a score hit.

In Arena, he at least shares his season with Alm and Julia, who can both rip him to shreds if they attack first.

Fallen Star's damage reduction on enemy phase only occurs if he initiated combat in the previous phase, so any way to snipe him before he can initiate combat will also work.

Based on what his skills imply, I am not a fan of his play style. He wants to play like a dual phase unit, but his enemy phase becomes totally shit after one hit, so anyone with a Brave Weapon can murder him, and any enemy team with more than one nuke can do the same. I think he gave up too much player phase performance for a shitty enemy phase. If you use him strictly as a player phase unit with his vanilla kit, he does not work well with Wings of Mercy, as it will take him forever to get into HP range and he got no Desperation for protection. At least he technically works with Desperation, but you cannot use Fury with him or else it would disable Atk/Spd+5 and Null Follow-Up eventually.

As a dual phase unit, he should be okay in Arena since it is not too difficult to make sure you only face one enemy per phase, but he does not seem that great elsewhere.

Under AI control, he seems much better, as he is more bulky than SP!Mia and Kagero.

5 hours ago, Lemmy said:

a big fan of the character and unit, but I'm out of orbs

kinda disappointed he didn't get the white wyvern from the barbarossa class

He already used that for his brave weapon, so it created an odd situation where his legendary weapon had to have the less interesting mount despite being released months later.

No Claude, you were supposed to be Wind and come in April, how dare you scheme against me and my orbs so!?

I'm really torn on this one. L!Claude looks great as he's a powerful player phase unit from what I can tell, and he color shares with L!Lief who I need a merge for, but with the AHR banner coming soon I don't want to part with too many orbs trying to get him. I may just spend enough to get a 5* and hope that I get lucky, but if not then I'll dip out. 

Edited by Medeus

Eh, there's no one I need on here (even if Naga would be nice someday. She's not at the top of my priorities.) Skip.

Claude is a bit crazy, though. It's going to be tough to deal with him. Still, he's a flying player phase fast damage-dealing tank which is...interesting. Not sure how to go about getting him out of the way. His bow reminds me a bit of Shamir's.