FE9 Tier List!!!

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, I don't know what's with all the Rolf hate around here. Rolf is a good unit when used well.

And yeah, I don't think Callil is actually lose material; she can be good if for some reason you neglected Soren and Tormod while you played the game.

Again, I don't know what's with all the Rolf hate around here. Rolf is a good unit when used well.

Thomas is a good character on HM5 when used well; surely he deserves to go up a tier!

Ike needs to go far down, and Reyson and Boyd into Top. Titania is the only character for Epic. Remove Tibarn, Naesala, and Giffca. Rofl should be moved to the lowest of Phail, Mordecai far up.

That's all for now. <_<

Titania is cool and all as the best unit, but I don't think she's worthy of being an entire tier higher than all the other hax people.

Proof?

PE. *gasp*, PE? In a debate? Are you having a jest my dear Watson? The idea is absurd!

What the debators say has no effect whatsoever to the outcome of my playthroughs. Rolf has been a serious boon to the team every time I play, and will always be. I have never seen him useless, and theredore he has a use. BTW I am not debating here, I agree with Swordsalmon/Tino Tier list fully, except for the placing of Rolf. I have argued a lot in the past but now I just accept that everyone will always disagree over him...

Titania is cool and all as the best unit, but I don't think she's worthy of being an entire tier higher than all the other hax people.

Agreed. She beats everyone for about 10 chapters before Boyd is just as good/better at killing. Soon Oscar & Kieran own her in survival. The rest of the game, more high tier characters pass her up while she falls down to above average/average (Axes keep her from being a weak attacker). She still is great or good for most of the game, but not a whole tier above everyone else.

Agreed. She beats everyone for about 10 chapters before Boyd is just as good/better at killing. Soon Oscar & Kieran own her in survival. The rest of the game, more high tier characters pass her up while she falls down to above average/average (Axes keep her from being a weak attacker). She still is great or good for most of the game, but not a whole tier above everyone else.

Titania is only losing to the other characters at about Chapter 18. Even then, she remains awesome with being able to use Silvers and Sol. It's only around end-game where Titania is a weaker character, and even then she's still destroying enemies with a large leve lead.

So the top of Top is good enough, with the Epic tier killed off.

I do. As you can see by my first post.

She floors everyone for half the game, and then she's still great after that. She doesn't drop from that until she caps out at max level and others start approaching max level as well, if that even happens at all.

Being by far the best for so long (and being available for every chapter in the game save the prologue and half of ch 2) warrants her being that high. Especially when she's good while few to no others are, while later in the game, lots of people are good, making being good worth a bit less.

Agreed. She beats everyone for about 10 chapters before Boyd is just as good/better at killing.

You forgot that spd exists. Boyd has lots of trouble doubling. He still has some trouble even later on in the game.

And you forgot mobility. You can't kill what you can't reach.

And even hit. Mono axes and meh skl/luck makes for poor hit.

Durability plays a huge part in killing, too. It's no good if you move to kill something but get killed because of it.

Soon Oscar & Kieran own her in survival. The rest of the game, more high tier characters pass her up while she falls down to above average/average (Axes keep her from being a weak attacker). She still is great or good for most of the game, but not a whole tier above everyone else.

No, midway through the game, she's still on par with the best. Kieran ties her in offense as soon as he promotes and then slowly proceeds to exceed her, but Oscar still loses for quite a while.

Yes, Oscar and Kieran win in avoid by a lot, but the goal is to not die, not never get hit, so much of that is just overkill. Titania's defenses are quite good.

Anyone who suggests moving Rolf to the lowest position will not get their wish.

Swordsalmon, what? Are you kidding me? You're crazy. Reyson is epic, and you want me to LOWER him.

And Calill has knifes, and epicly low strength.

Edited by SunMoonSky

Reyson is great, yes, but not great enough to be at the very top. If going by a Top, High, Mid, Low, Bottom tier list, he's be at the bottom of Top Tier.

Well, you're both right. I guess I'm changing the list again.

And as much as Swordsalmon doesn't want Tibarn, Giffca, and Naesala on the list, they are staying on, and that's final. -_-

Edited by SunMoonSky

Swordsalmon, what? Are you kidding me? You're crazy. Reyson is epic, and you want me to LOWER him.

Keep denying the obvious. ;)

He joins fairly late and has huge durability problems until Tanith A.

And as much as Swordsalmon doesn't want Tibarn, Giffca, and Naesala on the list, they are staying on, and that's final. -_-

Why? They appear right after beating Ashnard once and have barely any play time.

If they are staying on the list though, Giffca>Tibarn>Naesala.

I keep asking this. What is your statistical, non-personal experience proof to why he's that high?

Tiering Tibarn/Naesala/Giffca is like tiering Athos or Galzus or Gato or whatever. It may as well be taken with a grain of salt. You're going to use them no matter what when they're there, but good luck comparing them to people who have been there for all game. Basically, they're better than everyone who is below average for most of the game, and worse than everyone who is above average, and then they are really good for a really really really short time.

I keep asking this. What is your statistical, non-personal experience proof to why he's that high?

You have fun asking, and here's my answer: What is your statistical, non-personal experience proof to why he shouldn't be than high?

That's not the way it works.

We first stated that Rolf should be at, or at least near the bottom of the tier list. Then it's your job to prove that statement wrong, not our job to prove it correct.

All right, all right, you got me...

Now, here's why he deserves at least a low tier placement:

Rolf's pros

only bow user for 3-4 chapters without abusing boyd/oscar

Only archer/sniper for 10 chapters

isn't affected by weapon triangle

Can activate the triangle attck with Oscar and Boyd

has a personalized bow

playable for most of game

Rolf's cons

Fixed 2 Range

starts with an E rank in bows

starts as a lv 1 archer

has pretty bad supports

can't defend at close range

sure, his cons outweigh his pros, but only by a little

therefore, he belongs in low tier.

Edited by SunMoonSky

This is a pro how? This isn't even a con. It's just a useless fact, considering you'll barely need bows in the next couple chapters (yeah sure there's a crow chapter but he's not doing that much to a crow...

Archer/Sniper is a terrible class anyway.

Once again, not a pro. He shouldn't be getting attacked (and if he does he can't counter attack) in the first place so this is slightly irrelevant. On top of that, he can't experience the WT boost either.
That doesn't happen until Chapter 17 and... it's rather situational, and I can't see any situation where it's useful. On top of that, using the weapon triangle with them strips of them of the use of Axes - in Oscar's case, he has to use Bows when he promotes and in Boyd's case, he has to attack with Bows instead of Axes.
has a personalized bow
The personalized Bow's only redeeming feature is accuracy and having a bit more power than an Iron Bow. Not much more.
About 2/3 of the game... but he isn't any bit useful until the endgame where he's finally caught up...

(Rolf goes below Shinon by the way...)

All right, all right, you got me...

Now, here's why he deserves at least a low tier placement:

Rolf's pros

has a personalized bow

Rolf's cons

Fixed 2 Range

starts with an E rank in bows

starts as a lv 1 archer

has pretty bad supports

can't defend at close range

sure, his cons outweigh his pros, but only by a little

therefore, he belongs in low tier.

Read through the bolded part, and then think about why I'm telling you the following: Tell us something we don't know.

You just conceded that he belongs in low tier, while you were convinced he was at least mid tier. Contradiction much?

Read through the bolded part, and then think about why I'm telling you the following: Tell us something we don't know.

You just conceded that he belongs in low tier, while you were convinced he was at least mid tier. Contradiction much?

Now why would you debate a point, and when your opponent agrees with you you accuse them of being contradictory? Aren't you trying to change their mind?