FE9 Tier List!!!

Um, I'd like to know why Gatrie and Brom are so low. Not really trying to argue, mind you, I'm just wondering what's wrong with them - bad Mv and Res, and average Spd seem to be their only shortcomings.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty much everyone is locked to something pre-promotion. Lances are probably the best weapon to be locked to (not including magic/staves). Swords don't allow 1-2 range, and compound Str issues. Axes give you shitty hit (early on, at least).

Pretty much everyone is locked to something pre-promotion. Lances are probably the best weapon to be locked to (not including magic/staves). Swords don't allow 1-2 range, and compound Str issues. Axes give you shitty hit (early on, at least).

Then again, axes are cheap, which means also they're cheaper to forge too. It depends on what is your definition of early game, though. I'd say before chapter 12, but that's just me.

The actual problem of axes early on is the fact that they're heavy. Take Boyd and Kieran for example:

For Boyd to be able to wield a normal Steel Axe without AS loss, he needs to be level 16 on average. Kieran needs to be level 20.

Hell, Boyd gets weighed down by his Iron Axe early on, though so does Oscar with his Iron Lance. Oscar's AS does remain better, though.

Once you're able to forge weapons, I'd say axes are winning. Before that, probably lances.

Then again, axes are cheap, which means also they're cheaper to forge too. It depends on what is your definition of early game, though. I'd say before chapter 12, but that's just me.

Weapons costs have a worth of 0.000000001 towards a units worth. In this game, at least. You get such a fuckton of money that you can pretty much forge a weapon every chapter with the best stats and buy the most expensive weapons you can think of.

The actual problem of axes early on is the fact that they're heavy. Take Boyd and Kieran for example:

For Boyd to be able to wield a normal Steel Axe without AS loss, he needs to be level 16 on average. Kieran needs to be level 20.

Hell, Boyd gets weighed down by his Iron Axe early on, though so does Oscar with his Iron Lance. Oscar's AS does remain better, though.

Boyd only needs to gain one level to be doubling and one-rounding things in Rescue, since that'll give him 5 AS, while enemies have 0-1 AS. It doesn't matter a lot, really.

Weapons costs have a worth of 0.000000001 towards a units worth. In this game, at least. You get such a fuckton of money that you can pretty much forge a weapon every chapter with the best stats and buy the most expensive weapons you can think of.

As I was saying, It was more about early game. You don't have that much gold at the time.

Boyd only needs to gain one level to be doubling and one-rounding things in Rescue, since that'll give him 5 AS, while enemies have 0-1 AS. It doesn't matter a lot, really.

He gets 5 AS on average at level 5, not 3. He starts doubling people with 0 AS at level 4. I don't see that happening in one chapter unless you favorite him.

He starts doubling people with 0 AS at level 4. I don't see that happening in one chapter unless you favorite him.

Starts with 3 AS with an Iron Axe, the chances of neither his Strength nor Speed increasing when he levels up are only 22%, so he's almost certainly able to start doubling at Level 3. 27% chance he's also doubling the 1 AS folks because both Strength and Speed went up.

Boyd's so awesome. He's like the only one onerounding anything early game and he can usually do it with an iron axe. Even after everyone's promoted, Boyd has no trouble onerounding as long as his speed is high enough. He's just badass and my fave character.

Boyd's so awesome. He's like the only one onerounding anything early game and he can usually do it with an iron axe. Even after everyone's promoted, Boyd has no trouble onerounding as long as his speed is high enough. He's just badass and my fave character.

He doesn't one-round people as much with me, as he has trouble doubling early game. After everyone's promoted... well, everyone has no trouble onerounding. Except for, like, Mist.

can't titania one round early-game too?

I'd say she's the one one-rounding people.

He doesn't one-round people as much with me, as he has trouble doubling early game. After everyone's promoted... well, everyone has no trouble onerounding. Except for, like, Mist.

He has the best offense of all units, excluding the laguz royals. And he's doubling and one-rounding nearly all chapter 1 dudes.

He has the best offense of all units, excluding the laguz royals. And he's doubling and one-rounding nearly all chapter 1 dudes.

My chapter 1 wasn't like that.

Oh, right. You're using personal experience. For the record, personal experience means nothing. It's not what always happened to me, but it's what happens on average if Boyd gain's one level, since he'll have _just_ enough AS and atk to kill stuff.

My chapter 1 wasn't like that.

I agree with TheEnd. I did that chapter recently and I don't remember Boyd doubling anything.

Oh, right. You're using personal experience. For the record, personal experience means nothing. It's not what always happened to me, but it's what happens on average if Boyd gain's one level, since he'll have _just_ enough AS and atk to kill stuff.

Chapter 1 has him at base level. There's no PE in that.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

rolf is much better than shinon

Care to give more thoughts about this? They average similar but at least Shinon is useful for a few chapters. Shinon also has a decent support in Gatrie and a better affinity. He's already promoted and he at least doesn't start with an E in bows.

Rolf sucks when he joins and is below average endgame. Shinon is above average in the first few chapters, and is below average endgame.

Shinon's average performance throughout the entire game is superior, making him the superior character.

fine! we'll take this to the debate boards.

EDIT: oh yeah you said you wouldn't when i said that on the debate boards

Edited by SunMoonSky

Does it matter which of Rolf or Shinon is better? They both suck in this game. Shinon at least has that part in the beginning of the game where he's actually good but its not like he's actually going to be used much cause he gains very little exp. Rolf takes a long time to catch up with everyone else and it depends on the player if he's worth it or not. I'd put them both in low tier, maybe bottom, but I don't really care for tiers.