Where is Legendary Micaiah

Mitralis

A very popular unit (Winner of CYL 3) of a game with almost no legendary (Only one for both Tellius games). This is long overdue, she's the only main character of a game who won CYL that don't have a legendary variant. I'm not complaining, I'm pointing out how weird this is, even winners of last year already got legendary alts. Since legendary Ike (January 2018) everyone is expecting her, but no sign of IS releasing her anytime soon. Why ? Well I have a theory, they're holding her for some reason and maybe, just maybe, because they're going to announce a remake of the Tellius games. I mean switch is the perfect platform for the only games released on non-portable devices, everyone knows Ike but no one played PoR and RD and they're the best FE games ! (Ok, maybe that's just me)

What do you guys think?

God, I hope that's the case (as another fan where the Tellius duology ranks as the favorite games of all time, period). Was low-key expecting that announcement in the last Nintendo Direct that just happened, but alas.

Keeping my hopes tapered down, but I don't see you being entirely wrong, either.  It just may happen.

I would love it if she came with a more Daein aesthetic, kind of like that one cipher card where it was a riff off of Ashnard's armor/robes. and then have a banner chock full of Daeins, plz IS.

I don't think we'll get a Tellius remake anytime soon, I think it's just a matter of someone having to be last. Doesn't have to be anything special about it. She'll show up sometime this year.

16 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I mean, we're still missing Sigurd and Xander, so I wouldn't read too much into why Micaiah's still missing.

There's still an even more egregious omission on the male side than those two: Robin.

Robin has never placed outside the overall top 20 in any CYL, yet he not only doesn't have a legendary but he also only has two alts total (with the second one being more Grima than Robin, and that alt also happens to be three years old now).

21 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I mean, we're still missing Sigurd and Xander, so I wouldn't read too much into why Micaiah's still missing.

Xander? Sigurd? Who? 

Just kidding but Xander is nowhere near as popular as Micaiah (he's not in the top 20 since 2018) nor as important (the MCs of fates are Corrin and Azura). Sigurd is very popular but not as much as Micaiah and his son is already in.

There's still an even more egregious omission on the male side than those two: Robin.

Yeah Robin, true, but we already have Chrom and Lucina.

3 minutes ago, Mitralis said:

Just kidding but Xander is nowhere near as popular as Micaiah (he's not in the top 20 since 2018) nor as important (the MCs of fates are Corrin and Azura).

Conversely, Ryoma was the fifth non-Heroes Legendary Hero to be released, but 33 months and 19 Legendary Heroes later, his counterpart, Xander, is still nowhere to be seen.

7 minutes ago, Mitralis said:

Sigurd is very popular but not as much as Micaiah and his son is already in.

Yes, but Seliph isn't Sigurd.

11 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I consider Legendary Grima to count for both Robins in the same way that I count Legendary Corrin to count for both Corrins, at least for the purpose of representation.

I would certainly like to see a Grandmaster Robin and an Omega Yato Corrin, and I do think they'll eventually be released as Legendary Heroes, but in terms of representation, I don't count their omission against them.

So... seeing as there actually aren't that many Legendary contenders left to implement... who's up for a Legendary Greil, or better yet, a Legendary Gawain?

9 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Is that really a good comparison here? Fates and Jugdral have three legendaries each (despite the latter not even having an international release), those two haven't been nearly as popular in CYL, and, well, they're men. Tellius also arguably has more legendary candidates than Jugdral, making it even stranger that Jugdral has gotten more so far.

If the argument that Sigurd has lesser priority because Seliph is already in holds any water, then Micaiah surely also has lesser priority because Ike is already in.

Not that I'm arguing that the above should be the case. Micaiah for Julia and Sigurd for Ryoma makes most sense to me.

3 hours ago, Humanoid said:

If the argument that Sigurd has lesser priority because Seliph is already in holds any water, then Micaiah surely also has lesser priority because Ike is already in.

With no other context, sure. With the context that Ike is 3 years old and still the only Tellius legendary while Seliph is less than a year old and the 3rd Jugdral legendary, no.

What's more interesting is which element they'd associate Micaiah with. While Wind has the fewest Legendary Heroes out of any season, I wouldn't put it past IS to just make Micaiah into yet another Fire Legendary (blue flames), with the main difference being that Micaiah is treated as a 185 BST unit in Arena modes.

There's no point in obsessing over which continent has more or less of X or Y type of unit. Tellius can, and does imo, make up the deficit in other ways. In any case, Jugdral will easily win any underrepresentation competition so you might as well not bother complaining about any other continent's representation.

Being an older unit isn't a bad thing, either. Every unit gets to be the flavour of the month when they're introduced, and Ike's lower BST is balanced out by being usable in the lower-BST metagame.

On 2/25/2021 at 12:24 PM, Tybrosion said:

Robin has never placed outside the overall top 20 in any CYL, yet he not only doesn't have a legendary but he also only has two alts total (with the second one being more Grima than Robin, and that alt also happens to be three years old now).

...This still gets me.  I hate that the Legendary Robin we do have is just Grima too.  On the bright side I think Robin will get his time this year.  It's been so long and they've exhausted a lot of their options. 

Yeah, it is super weird. Especially considering she was a CYL and all of the other lords from CYLs have gotten Legendaries (aside from the new results). Next one will hopefully be her now that they're done handing us the three houses leaders. Though I guess a Byleth will probably come too.

As much as I too want Legendary Micaiah, I think the Claude choice makes sense. Having the three Lords all in just makes great sense. I think doing them in succession would have been better, but I get having to manage a lot of different titles. So...I like Claude. I want Micaiah. I honestly can't think of any two legendaries I would want more except perhaps Byleth.

when Legendary Micaiah releases they powercreep will be so high that she will be a Staff unit with Effectivness to all movement types, built in razzle-dazzle in the prf weapon and the first Healer to have an offensiv Special with a 1turn cooldown.

1 hour ago, Hilda said:

when Legendary Micaiah releases they powercreep will be so high that she will be a Staff unit with Effectivness to all movement types, built in razzle-dazzle in the prf weapon and the first Healer to have an offensiv Special with a 1turn cooldown.

You forgot Embla's Ward 99% damage reduction on her Weapon.

The only lords/avatars to not have a legendary yet are Micaiah, Sigurd, Byleth and Kris. They all will eventually get legendary alt in, but IS is "saving" them and for sure will "mix" the legendaries release with OCS, and other major characters like Julia, Lilina or Ryoma. I'm pretty sure that Xander, Leo and Camilla will eventually have legendaries alts as well, if the game keeps going for the next years. 

1 hour ago, Mylady said:

The only lords/avatars to not have a legendary yet are Micaiah, Sigurd, Byleth and Kris. They all will eventually get legendary alt in, but IS is "saving" them and for sure will "mix" the legendaries release with OCS, and other major characters like Julia, Lilina or Ryoma. I'm pretty sure that Xander, Leo and Camilla will eventually have legendaries alts as well, if the game keeps going for the next years. 

Hmm. Kris is possible, but I'm not sure how much of a lord they see them as. It's possible, but I'm not confident.

I'd certainly consider Elincia more of a lord than Kris.

7 hours ago, Othin said:

Hmm. Kris is possible, but I'm not sure how much of a lord they see them as. It's possible, but I'm not confident.

I'd certainly consider Elincia more of a lord than Kris.

True, I forgot Elincia in the "lords" list, she is a huge candidate to have a legendary next. 

Kris is an avatar after all. I don't remember if their death resulted in "game end", but for good or bad, Kris is co-protagonist in the remake, and the female Kris is another waifu to sell as a legendary, by a commercial perspective. I don't see it happening soon though, also I wouldn't be surprised if Caeda got it first. 

On 2/26/2021 at 4:35 PM, Baldrick said:

There's no point in obsessing over which continent has more or less of X or Y type of unit. Tellius can, and does imo, make up the deficit in other ways. In any case, Jugdral will easily win any underrepresentation competition so you might as well not bother complaining about any other continent's representation.

Doesn't change the fact that Tellius having one legendary is odd considering every other game has multiple legendaries and the fact RD in particular has a lot of candidates for legendary hero (Micaiah, Elincia, Sanaki, Soren, etc.). At least it has two mythic heroes which is above average considering most continents have zero or one. 

I would personally treat Legendaries and Mythics as the same when it comes to scheduling, and if IS does the same then it rather neatly explains how the seemingly lopsided counts are actually perfectly fair.

7 hours ago, Humanoid said:

I would personally treat Legendaries and Mythics as the same when it comes to scheduling, and if IS does the same then it rather neatly explains how the seemingly lopsided counts are actually perfectly fair.

Agreed.

I'm sure Tellius will get more eventually. All things in time.

12 hours ago, Humanoid said:

I can see that, thought, that makes me think that Valentia is the first continent to exhaust all their potential Mythic/Legendary Heroes, with all the lords already used and the two gods too.

Also, Three Houses to that point too considering they only really need to add Byleth now (any other potentially Legendary/Mythic unit could be a stretch I suppose).

So about the total numbers...

Archanea: Marth, Tiki, Naga* (Notable omissions: Medeus; other potential new legendary/mythical: Caeda)

Valentia: Alm, Celica, Duma, Mila (Notable omissions: none; potential: ???)

Jugdral: Seliph, Julia, Leif (Notable omissions: Sigurd; potential: Deirdre, Lewyn, Nanna)

Elibe: Roy, Lilina, Eliwood, Hector, Lyn, Bramimond (Notable omissions: None; potential: Ninian)

Magvel: Eirika, Ephraim (Notable omissions: none?; potential: Lyon)

Tellius: Ike, Yune, Altina (Notable omissions: Micaiah, Ashera; potential: Lehran, Dheginshea, Soren)

Awakening: Chrom, Robin/Grima, Lucina, Naga* (Notable omissions: ???; potential... I guess another Robin)

Fates: Corrin (F), Azura, Ryoma (Notable omissions: Anankos; potential: Xander, technically any of the Royal Siblings I suppose).

Three Houses: Edelgard, Dimitri, Claude, Sothis, Seiros (Notable omissions: Byleth; potential: Rhea?)

Edit: Add Athos to Elibe's notable omissions; Elincia to Tellius' omissions; there imagine I'm missing other potential candidates, you're free to comment your own choices)

Also Edit: Bramimond was added, because for some reason I missed them xd

Edited by Troykv