Jump to content
indigoasis

Sony State of Play: Yay or Nay?

Sony State of Play Consensus  

9 members have voted

  1. 1. What did you think of it?

    • Yay!
      4
    • Nay!
      1
    • Don't care!
      3
    • Other!
      1


Recommended Posts

I don't if any of you guys watched the State of Play, but I thought it was pretty neat! What did you guys think of it?

To give my own thoughts:

Spoiler
  • Returnal looks like a cross between Dead Space and Metroid, so it might be something to consider playing if Metroid Prime 4 doesn't get any updates anytime soon
  • Death Loop was the highlight game for me. I loved the aesthetics and and song that was playing in the trailer was an absolute banger. I'd love to get that game if it turns out to be really good.
  • Yifu looks absolutely godlike. That aging mechanic it seems to have reminded of the scrapped idea for The Wind Waker where Link would slowly age over the course of the game.
  • FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE IS COMING TO PS5 BAYBEEEEE
    • SO IS YUFFIE
      • rip ff16 tho

Here's the stream if you would like to watch it.

Spoiler

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only thing I was interested in was FF and we got FF lol. Nice to see some Yuffie dlc and also Weiss from DoC????? Excited to see what they do with the rest of the FF7 universe. Am a bit upset Yuffie DLC is PS5 only tho. It makes sense, why bother continue working to make the game work on two systems, when you can just do it on one, but I was hoping I wouldn't have to get a PS5 to play FF7R but here we are.

Overall, happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

It wasn't terrible but there was also very little for me personally. Also I felt it was a bit cheap for them to announce a Remake port with bonus content instead of just announcing remake 2.

I was pretty much only there to see Security Breach and Final Fantasy, but some of what they showed off (Death Loop and Yifu look really cool!) was a pleasant surprise. But yeah, I can totally agree with you about the Remake port. It's nice that you can get a "free" upgrade though (I put free in quotes because you still need to get a new console to upgrade, not to mention that the Yuffie content is paid DLC if you don't buy the port new).

Personally, I'm gonna hold out until the whole of FF7 has been remade and so I can buy it in a bundle or complete edition or something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, I didn't even watch all of it; just the trailers for the new Final Fantasy stuff (though I'm also rather busy at the moment; I might watch the rest later). 

To clarify, regarding FF7 Remake Intergrade, how does it work for those who bought FF7Remake on the PS4? Is the new episode available for the PS4 version? If so, is it free or will I have to pay for it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

To clarify, regarding FF7 Remake Intergrade, how does it work for those who bought FF7Remake on the PS4? Is the new episode available for the PS4 version? If so, is it free or will I have to pay for it?

The Yuffie stuff? People are saying that SE said they weren't interested in optimizing it for the PS4 at all, so the PS4 simply won't get it.

Begin with the 🤬.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

Honestly, I didn't even watch all of it; just the trailers for the new Final Fantasy stuff (though I'm also rather busy at the moment; I might watch the rest later). 

To clarify, regarding FF7 Remake Intergrade, how does it work for those who bought FF7Remake on the PS4? Is the new episode available for the PS4 version? If so, is it free or will I have to pay for it?

From what I heard, the Yuffie chapter is PS5 only. You can get the PS5 version for free if you transfer your save data from PS4 but Yuffie's chapter is paid DLC AFTER getting the PS5 version it seems.

I say if there is enough fan outcry they might release it on PS4, but I feel like they are just gonna focus on releasing it on PS5 so they don't have to optimise it for two consoles...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The Yuffie stuff? People are saying that SE said they weren't interested in optimizing it for the PS4 at all, so the PS4 simply won't get it.

Begin with the 🤬.

Quote

From what I heard, the Yuffie chapter is PS5 only. You can get the PS5 version for free if you transfer your save data from PS4 but Yuffie's chapter is paid DLC AFTER getting the PS5 version it seems.

I say if there is enough fan outcry they might release it on PS4, but I feel like they are just gonna focus on releasing it on PS5 so they don't have to optimise it for two consoles... ( @Azz )

But they promised before the release of part 1 that every bit of FF7R content will be available for the PS4 so that those who can't buy the new console won't be missing out, and I thought that made perfect sense: it's fair to the consumers, it increases the game's availability, and it means they have an excuse to not upgrade any of the parts to an extent that the PS4 couldn't handle, so it made complete business sense while being consumer-friendly; win-win. If they pull something scummy like making it that DLC stuff like the Yuffie thing aren't available for the PS4... I'm getting sick and tired of all these scummy business decisions; just one after another.

Edited by vanguard333

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The PS4 was five years old when I finally bought it. I've been joking that I won't get the PS5 until 2025. But man, Oddworld is looking good. Ditto for Kena and Deathloop.

Yeah "FF7 Royal" was easy to see coming. But I guess if we're making that comparison, it's cool that the PS5 version is free for owners of the PS4 version. Although I'm guessing that won't work for physical copies. It always seemed suspicious that it was never announced for PS5. New version announcements are a big part of why I was holding out on the game. Well, really I was holding out for a PC port. Yuffie in a moogle suit is cute though!

Edit: Also SIFU, wow!

Edited by Glennstavos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

But they promised before the release of part 1 that every bit of FF7R content will be available for the PS4 so that those who can't buy the new console won't be missing out, and I thought that made perfect sense: it's fair to the consumers, it increases the game's availability, and it means they have an excuse to not upgrade any of the parts to an extent that the PS4 couldn't handle, so it made complete business sense while being consumer-friendly; win-win.

They actually promised? I didn't know that was the case.

And frankly I think that was a bad call, because thanks to how the game went and when it came out it made no sense in my head to do that at all.

I'm just less peeved that those who have it on PS4 aren't forced to purchase FFVIIR1 again. There's still a right to be mad.

That aside, Deathloop wasn't forced off? Alright, at least if Bethesda become XBSX/S exclusive there's this still. It's obvious someone from Arkane wanted to be more bombastic with their combat Vs. Dishonoured. Curious if it'll be a true rougelike, because I'd worry for those not expecting it. Kena, Returnal and Soulstorm also gave good demonstrations, but it'll be some time before PS5 for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Dayni said:

They actually promised? I didn't know that was the case.

And frankly I think that was a bad call, because thanks to how the game went and when it came out it made no sense in my head to do that at all.

I'm just less peeved that those who have it on PS4 aren't forced to purchase FFVIIR1 again. There's still a right to be mad.

I saw a pre-release video where they said it. Admittedly, it's certainly possible that they changed their minds on it. But if they did, they should've said so before announcing new content. 

 

57 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Yeah "FF7 Royal" was easy to see coming. But I guess if we're making that comparison, it's cool that the PS5 version is free for owners of the PS4 version. Although I'm guessing that won't work for physical copies. It always seemed suspicious that it was never announced for PS5. New version announcements are a big part of why I was holding out on the game. Well, really I was holding out for a PC port. Yuffie in a moogle suit is cute though!

It better work for physical copies; I bought a physical copy of FF7R. 

 

EDIT: Well, to clarify some things, here's what the Playstation website says on its page for FF7R Intergrade:

If you already own a PS4™ digital version of FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE, you are not eligible to purchase FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE INTERGRADE. You are however eligible to receive a free PS5™ digital version of FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE if you already either (i) own a PS4™ digital version of the game or (ii) own a PS4™ disc version of the game and also own a PS5™ console with a disc drive (you must insert the disc each time you wish you to download or play the PS5™ digital version of the game).The PlayStation®5 version of FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE and all related updates are required to play the new episode featuring Yuffie. Some additional restrictions may apply.

So, the bad news is that the Yuffie episode is exclusive to the PS5 (shame). The good news is that the free upgrade works whether your copy of the PS4 version is digital or physical, though the disc has to be inserted every time in the latter case. 

Edited by vanguard333

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kena was the highlight for me. Gonna buy that.  Maybe jump into the FF series with FF7R. 
Returnal looked promising first trailer, not as hyped now.

No HFW, sad me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean, as someone who is not really into new games anymore (Rayman 2 is more than enough when I actually feel like playing something) - and isn't really looking forward to any game, I had 0 expectations. I was like: "Hmm, maybe we get something nice"

Well yes, we did. Kena still looks promising, it might be the first game in years I feel like I want to try - even before release. Also, Sifu looked interesting, but I have yet to see if it's interesting enough to actually play.

However, even though I had 0 expectations, this presentation still managed to disappoint me. Well, yes, Kena and Sifu looked good, but what's up with that FF7R? Like, are they really pulling a "future episodes only available on PS5, sorry no sorry"? Because if this DLC stuff won't release on PS4, it sure feels that way. I have no reason to think episode 2 will not be a PS5 exclsive now. And that's just stupid and shitty. Not that I've ever finished the first episode, but I can only imagine how cheated people would feel who actually waited for this game - or worse yet, who bought a PS4 just for the reason to play FF7R. I mean, good lesson not to buy a console for a single game, but still, it just feels wrong. We'll see how SE reacts if enough people voice their opinion about this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...