Legendary Hero Battle's New Dawn: Claude

SatsumaFSoysoy

Easy fight since Claude's damage reduction effect only works on the first attack received during combat (he's very vulnerable to Brave weapons).

So in the end, he gets shot out of the sky by a pair of amateur ninja girls riding a pegasus.

Team:
+2+5 SS +HP Duo Lyn: Tailwind Shuriken, Reposition, Ruptured Sky, Swift Sparrow, Desperation, Spd/Def Rein, Savage Blow
+Spd/-Atk New Year's Azura: Spd Hagoita+, Sing, Wings of Mercy, Hone Fliers, Drive Atk
+1 Peony: Flower of Joy, Gentle Dream, Wings of Mercy, Fortify Res, Flier Formation
+HP/-Atk Legendary Azura: Prayer Wheel, Gray Waves, Wings of Mercy, Torrent Dance

Hello damage reduction, meet damage reduction and Brave Bow-force

Spoiler

Honestly, while it took a little bit to figure out the exact positioning needed, I was done with all of Claudes maps before the first hour, and the only reason the video is 5 minutes is because I insist on combat animations being on, and Leif has to be a dramatic chuun about it.

I mean sure using 4 OP heroes might have something to do with it, but I've had more trouble on past maps using Ike, Lucina, and Azura before, so I don't think it has as much to do with that as one would think. I dunno, I just wanted the orbs...

Edited by Xenomata

KOU!Claude got swept aside by Save Flayn master race.

I wondered if LOAK!Gustav and LOAK!Henriette with double Flayns can tackle the latest Abyssal map. Turns out they can do so easily with no effort involved. KOU!Claude kept hitting on LOAK!Henriette, but she rebuffed his advances time and time again. I slowly backed KOU!Claude into a corner and have LOAK!Gustave maul KOU!Claude to death for trying to hit on LOAK!Henriette.

I didn't even notice that they already announced and released a new Legendary Hero until today. At least L!Claude isn't really a threat on PP and his map was kind of simple as well. I ended up doing two clears this time with the usual redhead team and even did my first Abyssal one turn clear since the map had a easy setup for it.

Anna Team Clear

Spoiler

One Turn Clear

Spoiler

Edited by NSSKG151

Stack all the Spd you want buddy, the Silviadozer cannot be stopped.

@SatsumaFSoysoy @LordFrigid @Maaka @Landmaster @GuiltyLove @daisy jane @Wanda @Diovani Bressan @Unknown Gamer11

Really though, Claude was determined to make getting that quad as difficult as possible. Sabotage Spd, double Panic Ploy, Dark Breath and multiple Spd Reins (fuck that Red Fáfnir in particular) were so prevalent that the only real solution was to massacre everyone using them as fast as possible. Further complicating things was that the strat that worked ended up parking Claude in front of the freshly spawned Lance Flier who had Goad Fliers, which meant Silvia had to use Lull Spd/Def in Abyssal for the second time -- and thus she had no Desperation for safety.

The solution ended up being disappointingly simple: give Leanne the Drive Spd seal. Turned out she wasn't doing a whole lot this map with all of the mages and dragons dying the second they got close to Silvia or Puddle, so she basically joined Silvia at the hip. Once Claude was gone and everyone was out of range of the Lance Flier, what remained of the map was just one big flex.

Edited by Some Jerk

For Claude's LHB, I was expecting to be based on Derdriu and not on the Sreng Desert Paralogue. Anyways... this map was very easy. I am very surprised they didn't give him Iote Shield in Abyssal... or at least a better seal, because Threaten Def? Really? That's crap!

@BoaFerox @SatsumaFSoysoy @mcsilas @Maaka @daisy jane @DarkAlf @LordFrigid @Sasori

@Some Jerk Oh nice! Yeah, Claude is very fast, and his allies helps in not giving us much speed. But Silvia, with the help of her allies, did a great job there!

Managed to clear Abyssal without changing any skill whatsoever on my usual team. Claude was a pain, since eliminating him with Jamke was easier said than done (most of the restarts were due to changing in the AI of claude (any other placement put Jamke at risk of the green mage knight).
(Also, Zoe Zieja vs Zoe Zieja, and it wasn't even intentional)

Edited by Jugdral Lover/iggy/Safer

@Diovani Bressan: Cool clear. Its always odd to find out that a unit isn't using its best weapon. But Freya probably would't do so well in a one turn clear if she had her big damage reduction weapon along for the ride.

This map isn't really made for my barracks. I like to keep everyone close together and all those panic s and sabotage skills make for a very annoying map.

Azelle and Lex are going to see more use, but for now they got to ease in on the infernal map. Along with Boey who was my answer to those annoying daggers

I also got Abyssal done. Also by getting rid of those dagger jerks on turn one. This time my Abyssal team is featuring some of the more higher tiered units....and Gordin and Siegbert.

@Landmaster @Maaka @SatsumaFSoysoy @Unknown Gamer11

Edited by Sasori

@NSSKG151 I honestly thought Jill was there to beat Claude up, but he must be too fast for her. NYAnna is indestructible as always. Did you get Plegian Bow?

@Some Jerk Impressive showing from Silvia. You've made her go quite far.

@Diovani Bressan Huh, Freyja. A welcome surprise.

@Jugdral Lover/iggy/Safer Jamke made short work of Claude with that Brave Bow. Seliph is so tanky.

@Sasori So the orphan boys couldn't handle the Abyssal? Or did you just want a change of pace? Either way, LLeif and BDimitri are strong, but Gordin and Siegbert earned their place.

This seemed like a terrible time for Kagero again, so this time I'm basically my Arena core, with two units that I finished building in the last two months.

@Landmaster @Alexmender @Maaka

Easy prey for Legendary Leif. Went with my usual lineup of regular Peony, duo Peony, and Mirabilis for the dancers.

Edited by Othin

@NSSKG151 The Jill hit and run tactic was quite nice in the Anna squad clear. NY Anna completely destroyed people as usual. It still surprises me how tanky she can be while still being so fast. Commander Anna did a great job taking down those blues. Nice to see a one-turn clear from you as well. Reminding me that I still have to build Raven some day lol. Glad NY Anna got to make an appearance in it as well.

@Some Jerk Oo another great dancer clear! Quadding Silvia is quite the sight. I see the rein skill came in handy for you as well. Nice astra from mini Azura there at the end as well. Great job!

@Diovani Bressan Geez had to downgrade Freyja's weapon, huh. The units were so fast in this map, but so easy to kill. Especially with L!Leif lol. Glad to see there was no cheating in this one. 

@Sasori Haha I loved Mae's quote at the start of the infernal map. Boey was pretty destructive this clear. Nice exact damage on Claude as well. Lex is quite nice, I can't wait to get a few of him so I can build him up. Bow units were really nice for this map. It's always great to see your Gordin in a clear. He's one of those units people rarely ever use, though he does quite a bit of work.

@SatsumaFSoysoy Wow... that ninja Hana makes me really jealous. Really wish I could have built her, but her weapons were needed, as you will see in my clear. Brave Celica is such a nice galeforcer to use in long clears. Looks like this map hardly gave you any trouble.

Lots of quadding going on in this one. It was surprisingly difficult to keep from killing things in too few hits. Ended up having to use the enemy phase as well because of it.

2 hours ago, GuiltyLove said:

I really don't like using DC on Catria because I think she's better as a player phase unit, but this was the easiest strategy I could think of.

That blue manakete lived 2 Moonbows. They can be annoyingly bulky sometimes.

So I'm actually shocked I was able to beat this Abyssal map--with a team I pretty haphazardly assembled no less--because I haven't been able to beat any of the Legendary/Mythical Abyssal maps of 2020, I don't think. 

Ninja Lyn (she's such an overpowered unit that this feels like cheating tbh) with +Atk -Def, unmerged: Prf, Draw Back, Moonbow, Swift Sparrow 3, Aerobatics 3, Spd/Def Rein 3, Death Blow 3

TA!Plumeria +1 +HP: Prf, Sweet Dreams, Moonbow, Close Ward, Quick Riposte 3, Guidance 3, no SS (I guess I forgot about this lol)

Annette +2 +Atk: Prf, Rally Atk/Spd+, Glimmer, Swift Sparrow 3, Def/Res Ruse 3, Atk/Def Gap 3, Spd Feint 1

SD!Micaiah +1 +Atk: Prf, Dance, Luna, Mirror Impact, Wings of Mercy 3, Atk/Res Oath 3, Mirror Strike 2 

Honestly really only needed SS on S!Elise for 1 point of Atk to kill Claude but the extra Spd helped out, too.

@NSSKG151– Jill and NY!Anna just kinda run through these maps. Jill is a player phase monster and NY!Anna can do both. It’s always nice to see OG!Anna getting some shots in, too, with those Wrath kills.

Nice one turn, as well. I always like seeing Raven on the squad. That Deadeye kill from NY!Anna was wild.

@Some Jerk – So Silvia had to break out the Lull. Not surprising, lots of Speedy enemies on this map. Very impressive seeing she took on most of the map by herself. She really just decided to rampage~

@Diovani Bressanr – I didn’t realize he had Threaten Def. Well that’s underwhelming. Why did you need to remove Freyja’s Prf, was she too strong?

@Sasori– Boey and Mae taking out their new friends, including a new smol boy. He and Lex did pretty well. Looking forward to seeing them in more clears.

Ayye Dimitri and Leif, that’s an easy way to deal with some of those more annoying enemies and Claude himself. Always nice to see Gordin with that visually appealing Skillset and Sieggy Smalls running all over the place.

@SatsumaFSoysoy– A lot of +10 girlies on this one. Hana and Hilda are rocking some nice builds. Celica outspeeding Claude was pretty crazy, but then I look at all those in-combat buff and remember how stonked she is.

@GuiltyLove– Can’t really go wrong with DC on your Catria with how busted she is. Good idea to use the Claude to kill the Claude and it makes sense since Brave is Barbarossa after all. Noticed Nino’s also running that new Prf, it’s super good, too.

@Maakar– All those Quads were quite satisfying, as is killing a Fafnir with Ruptured Sky.

Phew, I almost forgot to this battle due to reading a manga P.D> Can't believe Umineko made me cry, it's quite the story I tell ya. It's still day 1 so I'm not very late, I think. Anyways, let's start with some comments! 

@NSSKG151 Wow! NY!Anna really ravaged this map like it was nothing. Honorary Anna opened the stage for the MVP, while Heroes Anna closed the curtains. What impressed me the most was that the TA blue flier did nothing to NY!Anna, for me that one was quite the pain, haha. 

The 1 turn clear gave me some ideas that I can use in the future, so thanks for that! LnD9 Raven seems fun to use, NY!Anna still destroys everything in her path effortlessly and Cordy is also a wrecking ball. Great clear!

@SatsumaFSoysoy Guess we tend to coincide a lot when it comes to clears, haha! I also used Ninja Hana with practically the same skillset minus the special. B!Celica really has come a long way since those days she was called the worst of CYL2, now she's amongst the best of the best in terms of sword units! W!Hilda+10 was quite the surprise, even more when she has to rely heavily on Repositon and Azura's Guidance to get into the fray very fitting that she'd drag her feet to not do anything, lol but when she did she destroyed whatever got in front of her. It was a great clear! 

@Landmaster The Elise squad is still going really strong. It's really impressive how OG!Elise can double practically every unit on the map even when some guys reach speeds on the upper 50s, of course the other Elises don't fall behind as they are all very scary nukes that can demolish anything in their path! Excellent clear!

- - - - - - - - 

At the beginning this was going to be the only clear I made, but after seeing Landmaster's Elise rampage I decided to go with two clears instead. To open up the show we have a team that is very unlikely to come back again in the future as it was brought together by how specialized this map can be. If you have questions about the +9 unit, that's on me for lacking 100 grails due to all the Linus fodder I bought, haha. 

For our second clear we have an old classic. It's been a while, huh? When I first tried to tackle this map I just cheesed it with W!Altina+Bride Micaiah, but that's cheating. I then tried to use Eirika in a similar fashion to Altina but she got obliterated, I thought Powercreep finally reached her as she was doubled by L!Claude. Turns out I was approaching the map on the wrong way, after taking it slowly it crumbled like every other Abyssal map Eirika has faced. Guess you really need more faith and love to reach your Golden Truth. Anyways, ignore my ramblings and enjoy the show! 

6 hours ago, Maaka said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy Wow... that ninja Hana makes me really jealous. Really wish I could have built her, but her weapons were needed, as you will see in my clear. Brave Celica is such a nice galeforcer to use in long clears. Looks like this map hardly gave you any trouble.

It's ok, it'll just cost more grails I guess.

Don't think I've ever seen you use Cake Cutter SBartre before. Very impressive that Bartre managed to quad Claude, all things considered. Poor Fir left in the back as usual.

1 hour ago, Landmaster said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy– A lot of +10 girlies on this one. Hana and Hilda are rocking some nice builds. Celica outspeeding Claude was pretty crazy, but then I look at all those in-combat buff and remember how stonked she is.

She actually didn't outspeed I think because Catch activated fully, but I didn't do the math in depth. She just Double Lioned her way to victory anyway.

Nice exact kill on Claude. OG Elise's firepower never ceases to amaze.

18 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy Guess we tend to coincide a lot when it comes to clears, haha! I also used Ninja Hana with practically the same skillset minus the special. B!Celica really has come a long way since those days she was called the worst of CYL2, now she's amongst the best of the best in terms of sword units! W!Hilda+10 was quite the surprise, even more when she has to rely heavily on Repositon and Azura's Guidance to get into the fray very fitting that she'd drag her feet to not do anything, lol but when she did she destroyed whatever got in front of her. It was a great clear! 

I guess we are just that cultured lol. Stop copying me tho, you copied me so hard our Hanas even said the same Special quote for their first activation

I love my WHilda. It's the only Hilda I will ever have a shot at +10ing probably. She may be too lazy to move, but Azura is strict and makes her work.

Norne is pretty damn strong. Didn't expect her to take out Claude so soon. I haven't gotten to building mine since I can't pull Spendthrift and failed to get Plegian Bow. Ruptured Sky is so handy.

The update for the in-combat stat boosts made the UI really messy, but I guess it's worth it when you get to see just how much is being piled onto your favourite unit, case in point Eirika here. Glad you figured out how to not get murdered by Claude. I assume the play was to make sure everything on the right side died first?